Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will furrowed his brow at the sudden comment of another student, but then he said he was joking, so Will chuckled. "Hey, I'm Will, and this is Alys."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:46 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte release the pent up breath she had been holding. For a moment, she had been worried about him. The outburst of anger, his expression was of a side she had not seen in during the winter. She quickly hide her relief behind, raised eyebrow and a shocked questioning look as she said, "You need to learn how to curb that awful effect you have of lying. I simple flew into the flock...and the tree, but I promise that I will simply focus harder while under the trained eyes of our Flying instructor. I'm sure he will handle my first flights far better than someone else."

Ending, she gave Nott a pointed, but something on his face told her that he wasn't quite back yet. For a moment she wanted to ask what was bothering him, why he appeared so...She wanted to ask so badly. She hated to see friends struggle with something alone. Far better to talk about, there were always answers to problems somewhere. He just need to learn to trust me with such thing, she told herself. Then he will tell me...for now I should focus on making sure that this year doesn't hit rock bottom for either of us."

The first step was to take his mind off the issue, which was only helped by Xander compliant about the late students. She had been wondering for a short time what had been keeping them, but had pushed that from her mind when she had been talking to them. Now she shrugged and turned her gaze to the train, where students were still hanging around or standing nearby awaiting friends probably, "Made someone went around and targeted a few first years stunning them...like a bad practical joke maybe? I rather suspect that they are nervous, sleeping, or are having trouble sorting through their stuff to decide what to bring...or they want to stay warm."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image
}{}{It is cool Wisteria. I've actually been wondering whether I should use that, since we didn't get a chance to rp that.
Oh and I hope that the horse is okay now.}{}{

Mellow Magpie

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler smiled "Nice to meet you. But anyway I do know how to fly, Dad taught me. Best part is Mum didn't know" he laughed. "So I heard you say your sister's the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain. Do you know any Quidditch moves?"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

Aerynn sighed as she caught up to the other students. She has taken what she intended to be a small cat nap and had missed the train stopping. Now that she had caught up to the rest she was a tad irritated at hurrying when she noticed the others were still waiting for every one to arrive. "Ello everyone", she greeted with a smile. "Haven't missed too much, have I?"

User Image  

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm
User Image

Nott's face contorted again as his eyebrow shot up. But this time in playful, mock anger. His spine straightened as he turned pointedly back to the train. "If those little varmints are back there waiting on the train watching us stand out here in the cold I might just have to unleash something on them." His gaze dipped to the side before returning to the train as the corner of his mouth curled. "Like Lottie."

He could just imagine Charlotte walking calmly through the train, zapping her fellow first years with a good pinching spell and herding them all out to the docks. In reality, he was with Alexander. This seemed strange. Wouldn't everyone want to get to the castle as soon as possible? Could Charlotte's guess have been right that someone had done something to them. There were a few Muggle-borns out of the dock, but from what he had overheard of others conversations, it seemed like most of them were pureblood. Could it have been based on bloodlines? Was that why someone had brought it up earlier?

But Nott had enough experience to know that the second he went off to explore, he would miss something. Namely the boat in this instance.

"You're right though. It is taking a long time. But I don't think we should be the ones to go look. That is what the train attendants and teachers are for." He said as he gestured to the Gamekeeper. "I don't want to have waited here all this time and then miss the boats. I'm sure someone is looking for them."

But Nott had the itch to go looking as well. The only thing really holding him back was his resolution to try to follow the rules and be studious. He thought that he could at least get Sorted before he started going off looking for trouble where there might not be any in the first place.

"I wonder if some of them got into the carriages by mistake?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:16 pm
User Image
~Second Year~

Dante looked away for a moment then back,"Although I did just ssssay I wanted to get thissss over with now...I don't think here isss the bessssst placccce either." He could tell how nervous Charon was and his nervousness made him even that much more nervous. "I don't know if there are any other parsssssel tongues around " he hissed leaning closer. Looking around he pulled him aside to an area away from most of the crowd. "Alright..look" he said confident at the start then froze."I...I.am....sorry" he said in his normal voice. Apologies were not something Dante would usually give out freely. Even he felt odd saying it. "I have a legitimate reason for how I behaved and...it is just...hard to tell you" he said looking ashamed as he adjusted his scarf again with another small flinch following.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:26 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

Charlotte fought to keep her smile off her face, and contort it into one of mild anger as turned her gaze towards the train. It was nice to know your friends were back to normal and in good spirits, still..."Maybe I should practice a few ways to persuade them to get off the train eh? How about I use you, Nott. You don't seem to be using you're mouth for much, I could practice the lip locking charm I've read about."

She was sure that nothing sinister had happened on the train. All during the ride, there were kids walking around, moving from cabin to cabin, and there were adults. The trolley lady had been very kind and she knew the train had to be crewed with someone older. She was sure that both were probably skilled enough to handle any problem. She nodded her head reassuring herself physically that not a thing had happened. Someone, she reassured herself, Would have notified the rest of us if they had seen something. Plus there is a teacher here.

Pushing the foolish thoughts out of her head, she decide to focus her intentions instead on...Or we could switch to possible idea of why they haven't arrived. Sighing she said reasonable, "It is possible that a few could have taken off in the carriages, but I would feel sorry for them if they did. Only first years get to take the boats. Only get it once."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

Alex could just imagine getting on the train to look, and coming back to find everyone gone. And he didn't even want to think about students getting attacked. No, Nott was right. Leave this to the adults.

"I suppose it is a possibility that some got on the carriages. Man, that would be embarrassing. Luckily me Mum told me what I needed to do.

But she wouldn't tell me HOW students got sorted. Said something about it being tradition. My uncle just laughed when I asked him, so I didn't ask him again. and my cousins kept telling me horror stories about crazy ways to get sorted, like pitting us up against a troll, or having us stick our heads into a Basilisk's mouth. But the teachers wouldn't sort us in a way that was dangerous....would they?"
he said.

It was bothering him. He hated not knowing something. Especially when it involved him. Logically, he knew that the teachers would never put students in harm's way. If they did, the school would be closed in an instant. But that didn't stop him from having a few nightmares about it.

He wasn't scared. Well, maybe a little. But he was anxious to get sorted, no matter how the sorting was done. He had been looking forward to this for what seemed like forever.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 pm
User Image
User Image

Nevin smiled as he looked around at the familiar sight once again. Turning to help Levana from the train he smiled at her as well,"Isn't it great to be back?" He asked cheerfully. Levana smiled back,"Ya it is" she said looking around, trying to spot old friends. Nevin looked around as well. Soon his eyes fell on his one and only friend. "I'll see you later Levana" he said waving to her as he ran over to greet Cyrus. "Hey!" he said coming up behind him, fully intending to give him a small fright. Levana smiled again. It was nice to see her brother so happy for once in his life. He was still shy around others but his confidence had been rising quite a bit since the year before. A faint blush filled her cheeks as she looked around trying to find Charon, but she could not see him anywhere in the crowd.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:51 pm
User Image

Nott gave Charlotte a questioning eyebrow. For a moment he had misunderstood the intent of the 'liplocking' charm that she spoke of. But he soon realized that she meant simply to shut his mouth. "Oh that would never work. You'd be better off to let me go up and call them out. My charm would get all of their attention and we'd be across the lake in a jiffy. But I know how hard it is for you to deal with the presence of just awesome power, so I'll refrain."

It was funny, but simply because they had been standing their longer, Nott almost felt like they were the older students waiting on the younger ones. The slight bit of superiority was all it took to reinflate his ego to comfortable levels. They were all staring at the train when Alexander got on the subject of Sorting. Nott's mother had told him about it, never one to keep things a secret. However Nott howled with laughter as Xander listed some of the possible ways that he had heard the sorting happened.

It would be a shame to waste eleven years of suspense with a simple explanation, and Nott felt he owed it to Alexander's family to keep him in the dark until the last moment. "No, I haven't heard about any of that. I heard that we get put into the center of a giant maze chock full of monsters and traps and have to fight our way out. There are four exits, one for each house and the path that you take and house you reach is the one that you will belong to. That's why I wanted to make sure I had my wand on me. No sense spending the summer practicing offensive and defensive spells just to forget my wand and get eaten by a Manticore."

Nott worked hard to maintain a serious expression but he felt the urge to smile fluttering around the corners of his mouth like a tickle. Looking back to Charlotte with a head jerk in Alexander's direction. "So what did you hear they do to sort us, Lottie?"

He gave her a prompting eyebrow raise, hoping that she would not spoil the fun so early. He was hoping she had her own intimidating method of Sorting ready to hit Xander with.

Garden of Wisteria

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 am
User ImageAlys 'Eel' Kayln Abrams

Alys smiled. "Fine." she resigned. Looking at the new boy she smiled. "Yep,that's me," she said,brushing her hair back over her ears. Betting up off the tree,she nodded. "His sister is going to be Quidditch captain this year,so he should know some moves. Though if he try to show off,I may just whack him with my broom. Simple," she laughed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 am

User Image

User Image
User Image

Charlotte gave an exaggerative sigh and roll of her eyes at Nott's words. It amazed her at time hows he managed to twist words. Often he twisted them so that they said something to boost his ego. True skill right there. Glancing at him, she said, "Oh, I'm sure your charm could manage to get them off and running away from you. I bet some would even start across the lake, without using the boats, to get a way from you."

At the sorting question, Charlotte paused. Several books had glossed over the subject, even the autobiography hadn't really covered it. However she had managed to find out how it worked. It had been a sly method on her part and good timing. Every Saturday, around noon, her father would take a cat nap in his shop's office. It was in that 20 minute opening, that Charlotte found him out cold and muttering. After testing her timespan and whether there was truth in the information, she had set about questioning her father on everything Hogwarts would expect from her. She had taken advantage of her father and she knew she should feel sorry, but...It beats being in Xander's position, she thought as she turned back to face both of them. Beats it by a long shot...I hate being left out of things.

"I haven't much information on myself," she lied figuring that would be interesting to see a pure reaction to the sorting process. She was certainly not going to spoil it, though easing some of Xander's anxiety would be a good idea. Amazingly Nott didn't read her mind this time, so she had an up hill climb on her hands.

Sighing again, she furrowed her brows in thought and then continued by saying, "It could possible be a test of some sort...it probably consist on judge the a moment of knowledge we have on the school or possible some means of judging our characters. It could be trails, like how would react to a jarvey insult or what is a Kneazle. You know questions and situation to judge your character and stuff. I do know that we take this thing in front of the entire school though, and that is rather daunting."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 am
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will looked furious, but it was clear he was just joking. "Well, missy, if you intend to whack me with a broom, you'll have to catch me first, and I guarantee that you won't." Then he smirked and placed his hands behind his head. "Yeah, I know a few tricks here and there. Mum and Dad looked down on broom surfing, but me and Tam still did it. I'm hoping dad buys me a broom like he got Tam. She got a Firebolt 2, fresh off the market."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 am
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

Xander stroked his chin thoughtfully. A test of knowledge wouldn't be so bad. But he wasn't really looking forward to being sorted in front of the whole school. Everyone he had asked had told him the whole school would be watching, and he wasn't so good with crowds.

"I'm pretty good when put on the spot, but large audiences make me nervous. I hope they're not going to ask us to perform the spells that we know, because I only know a few. But I wouldn't mind a test of knowledge."

Alex looked at the other two, and smiled. He was definitely looking forward to this. He was ready and raring to go.

"It should be fun!"

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:25 am

User Image

User Image
User Image

"I know, I can't wait," Charlotte said smiling smiled. Though her earlier fears still plagued her and she was worried about how classes would go. She was certain that so long as she didn't end up in Slytherin, everything would be fine now that she had friends, whom she could talk to. I am rather luck in the sense, she thought her hands straying for her pockets, as her stomach repeated it earlier compliant of hunger.I think I might still have a chocolate frog or two... now where is m-?

She cut the thought off, as she remember that her robes pockets were currently covered with the jumper. Reaching under it, her head delved into what she considered to be the never ending pocket, but her papa had insisted that the pocket be long enough to fit her wand. Sadly, she found none, but her hand did brush up against something else. Pulling it out, she found herself looking at a copy of The Daily Prophet. Thats right...one of the girl's from the train had this, she thought relfecting back to her very bad train ride as she peered at it. I must have snagged if while I was rushing out. How foolish of me, must pay closer attention next time.

Looking at the front page, she looked over the stories. Pressing her lips together she gave it a quick scan and read it over. Then muttered, "Interesting..."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games