Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image
No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind Blue Eyes
And no one knows
What it's like to be hated
To be fated to telling only lies
User Image
But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

Dhylan didn't want to go to the feast. Too many of his friends would be leaving for their final times. "And one may never come home," his thoughts teased as he walked into the Antechamber. There was a random boy there, but Dhyl didn't think he knew him. All his heart wanted to say it was Eun, just another trick of the hair, but his brain reminded him of Eun's love of vivid color. The tall teen leaned against a wall, not ready to face his friends. He'd barely been eating, causing his already thin figure to seem thinner, his white-blonde hair falling somehow neatly around his face, making the dull blue eyes seem even more listless without their normal sparkle. He looked at the other boy, a bit... confused by him. His stature was similar to that of Eun's.... maybe it wasn't just wishful thinking? "Eun? ...Is that you?" He bit his bottom lip, looking at the boy. A look of raw hope shined in his eyes, almost begging the boy to be Eun. If it wasn't.... Dhyl didn't know what he would do. He just wanted his friend back.

No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like I do, and I blame you!
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through

No one knows what it's like
To be mistreated, to be defeated
Behind Blue Eyes
No one knows how to say
That they're sorry and don't worry
I'm not telling lies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 pm
User Image
                                                      You don't have to say you love me
                                                      Just be close at hand
                                                      You don't have to stay forever
                                                      I will understand
                                                      Believe me, believe me
                                                      I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════
                                                      Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Dᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅ Lᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ
                                                      ════════════════════════

Turning around upon entering the school, Timothy led the students to the entrance to the Great Hall, watching for stragglers before he spoke next. "First of all, welcome to Hogwarts. I am glad to see all of you made it. Now, this school will be the home of your studies for the next seven years. Here there are four houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw. You shall be sorted into them here shortly. Now, I must stress several key things to remember about these houses. They will be the place you will live for the time you are at school. Many people in your houses will become friends or family. However, keep in mind that your behaviour reflects back onto your house. Good behavior will earn you house points, while bad behavior will lose you points. I am the head of Gryffindor house, and I assure you, any of your Heads of Houses are available to talk to you at any point. The house with the most points at the end of the year wins the House Cup, which is a high honor in the school. Now, please be patient and wait until we are ready for you to enter. I shall be back shortly to lead you in." With that, he disappeared into the hall.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, sorting's about to begin.
                                                      OOC: Please wait here until Timothy announces the sorting to be open.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:25 am
════════════════════════════════Adrienne Lowery══════11══════(UNSORTED)═════════════
User Image

-APPAREL // Crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers.
    -ITEMS // Nothing
    -COMPANY // Students and faculty
    -RELATIONSHIP // None
    -THINKING // "Where is my brother?", and "Which house will I be sorted into?"
    -FEELING // Nervous
    -LOCATION // Antechamber
    < YOUTUBE SONG // (I Like That-Shane Mack)

══════════════════════════════════

Adrienne had just caught up with the rest of the crowd when the deputy headmaster began to speak, and he silently cursed himself for always being amongst the late ones to important things such as this. His was certainly not the last boat to arrive, though he was in fact uncomfortably not the first as he would have liked to be. Even so, the gigantic squid that was greeting the other boats luckily stayed surfaced as Adrienne's craft glided towards the great castle. As it was, it was a wonderful experience, slimy tentacles and all, and it made him wonder if Jarlath (his elder brother) had met this magnificent beast as well.

Adrienne had made a few acquaintances on the train and boat ride, being his amiable self, though could hardly remember now who they were, or even what they looked like. All that he was concerned with now, was to not miss anything. With this, he almost wished that he had something to take notes with as the professor spoke. He dreaded forgetting a single word in this momentous occasion, and so sternly paid close attention. In this time though, the professor started to explain the houses, and the ever present question of what house that he would be sorted into crept up into the back of his mind. It threatened to take over his attention from what the professor was saying, though as was his usual antidote, he assured himself that there was probably two out of the four houses that he was likely to be sorted into.

After the professor had finished speaking, Adrienne felt awestruck, ready to take on whatever Hogwarts might give him. To this, he looked around himself at his fellow students, and wondered if all of them also felt tongue tied at the thought of beginning such a wonderful journey.

((OOC: Hello everyone smile ))

User Image

TEXT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 am
        User Image
        Dorien is...spacespacespacespace
        CURRENTLY // Looking Curious in Antechamberspace
        CURRENTLY // singlespaces
        CURRENTLY WITH // His Brothers, First Yearsspacesp
        CURRENTLY FEELING // Excited, amazedspacespa
        CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Wow, there really is a Giant Squid, that's so cool!' spacespac

☼ ☼ ☼ When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me;
        Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
        ☼ ☼ ☼
        ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDorian followed after the Professor eagerly, his eyes bright and his smile almost cartoonish. As they all collected in the Antechamber, he found it was incredibly hard to stay still, fidgeting with his hands and rocking back and forth on his heels. He was so excited! What would happen when they went into the Great Hall? What was it like in there? His eyes roamed the room they were currently in, deciding that it must be very impressive, because thus far, the castle was one of the most amazing things he'd ever seen. They were going to live here? Go to school here? As much as he loved his home, this had it beat. He half-listened to the professor, paying enough attention on what was being said to know what was expected of him... sort of. How would they be sorted? Would it be like when they were given groups in school, where they were numbered one through four and all the ones and all the twos and threes and fours were each their own group? Would they have to do magic? He didn't know any magic... maybe it would have something to do with their wands. If that were the case, he didn't know if he and his brothers would be in the same house... their wands were all very different, he thought. His own rested in his robe pocket, and his hand went to it unconsciously, a gesture that had already become all-too comfortable to the young boy. Mr. Edgeworth had told them that their wands would become like an extension of themselves, and already, his was rarely out of his hand or out of arm's reach. He'd even taken it to the grocery store, much to his mother's dismay, although he'd been smart enough to keep it tucked away in his pocket, of course.

spaceDetermined to make as many possible friends as he could and ensure that he would have someone to sit with after they'd been seated for the feast, Dorian approached another boy with a smile and a wave. "Hi! I'm Dorian Xanders!" he declared enthusiastically, trying to think of anything else to say. After a moment, he finally had something. "So, uh, do you know anything about the Houses? I keep hearing people talk about them, but I haven't really been paying attention... is that going to get me in trouble when we're sorted?" As he spoke, Dorian realized that he really should have paid more attention. His brothers probably had, of course, they were usually much more attentive than he was. But, if they knew, he was sure they would pipe up in the conversation he'd started with this other boy; not rudely, of course, but they'd say something. They were used to his lack of attention, and having to fill him in on things after the fact. Such was the curse of having a younger brother; particularly one as easily distracted as Dorian.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                                ☼ ☼ ☼ And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me;
                                                                Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
                                                                ☼ ☼ ☼

(( OOC: ))

Sir Spazalots

ElegantVictorainRose

scurd

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
        • Demonic Associate 100
        • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
        • WilyTrickster 50

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:25 am
        ════════════════════════════════Adrienne Lowery══════11══════(UNSORTED)═════════════
        User Image

-APPAREL // School robe on top with, crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath.
          -ITEMS // Nothing
          -RELATIONSHIP // None
          -FEELING // Nervous
          -LOCATION // Antechamber

"Hullo Dorian, I'm Adrienne." trilled the boys' still soprano and irish accent. His face clearly showed how delighted he was to have someone to talk to. His eyebrows raised, and a smile spread across his mouth when the boy admitted that he hadn't been listening, and was now glad that he had himself.

"No I don't think it will get you into trouble, per-say", he started "and well, I've only just heard about Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. Me whole family's from that first one, and everyone in it says that only the most humble and good-hearted get into there." He had a certain wonder and light about him when he talked about the house that his father hailed so proudly from. He then thought about the latter house, and all of the good things he had also heard from there. "Though mum is from that Gryffindor one", he continued. "and she says-or so I think she has said-that it has 'plenty of stout hearted and good natured folk' in it. I'll warrant that a lot of adventure is found it that one." He recited the last bit with a sense of pride in his voice, and he also wondered whether that house would be a good fit for him also.

"But I suppose they're all wonderful, I mean, this place is wonderful." He looked about them in the Antechamber, at the arching roof, the carved pillars and even the moving paintings on the walls. Though it was when his eyes noticed Dorian fiddling with something in his pocket that his heart sank. He recognized the pocket as where the wand is stored, and he then dove his hand into the same pocket in his own robe. Empty. Here he frantically pulled away the folds of the black cloth, and opened the pocket to look into it, as if by some luck he would see it, and that it was actually there without him feeling it. Here his head slowly raised, and his eyes met Dorian's, with a sheepish look spreading across his face.

"Were we supposed to have our wands with us for this?" His eyes then shifted to the other students about them, looking for any sign that they might have also forgotten their wands.

For all that he had made sure to pay attention to instructions and guidelines, he had never thought of what he should do with his wand. He had packed it in his suitcase, not wanting to loose the precious artifact while on the train. He now wondered if he would need it for the sorting, and also thought about going back to the boats to find his things.

((OOC:_))

User Image

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:46 pm
              ☽☾ Nyx Aodhnait ☽☾ Age: 11 ☽☾ House: Unsorted

Mood: Nervous
              Thoughts: Here we go. Almost... Oh I'm not ready
              Equipment: Wand
              Where am I: Great hall antechamber

User Image

User Image

Nyx followed Professor Steele and bit her lip as she all but started to shake with nerves. She was both terrified and excited, and that was something of a rare combination of emotions for her really, usually if she was terrified, she was far from excited. She looked around, her pale eyes wide as she took everything in. Oh she wanted to draw everything around her to take back and show Selene once this year was over. Nyx turned as she heard two others start talking, and listened, but was too shy to actually say anything, and besides that, it wasn;t like she knew the answers to any of the questions asked. She knew nothing about the houses, or how Sorting worked. She bit her lip and looked back before she blinked, the school being wonderful she could readily agree with though. It was amazing, and had her wanting to draw so bad her hands were practically twitching.

User Image

There is a real magic in enthusiasm.
              It spells the difference between
              mediocrity and accomplishment.

OOC:

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
              • Millionaire 200
              • Demonic Associate 100
              • Forum Regular 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 pm
              User Image

A whole new world is at my feet
                                                                      A whole new story I am about to read

I found a world beyond this seat
                                                                      I found a world that I feel need

Where Antechamber at Hogwarts!
                                                                      With My brothers and the other first years!
                                                                      Feeling Excited!
                                                                      Thinking We are gonna learn magic soon! And be sorted!

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

Tyson followed after the man who had retrieved them, brought them up some stairs and into a large hall. Then the man, the Deputy Headmaster, explained about the four houses and how Hogwarts worked. Finally he came up behind Dorian as the Professor left. He looked at his brother. "Dorian, you should pay more attention!" Tyson said as he looked at the boy who Dorian addressed. "I'm Tyson Xanders, Dorian's one of my brothers." he said as he turned to Dorian. "That Professor didn't say how we get sorted, but I think its smart idea to think it'll be interesting." He said as he smiled at the boys. Hearing the next boy's question he looked at him. "I don't know. I think its cool to always have a wand with you. But I've never had one, so this whole thing about magic is new to us. Me, Julius and Dorian - I mean. We were raised by.. what did Mr. Edgeworth say normal people were called? Oh yeah! Muggles. I think at least." Tyson said as he pulled his own wand out of his pocket. and looked down at it.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

Finally fitting in, no longer turned away
                                                                      Finally fitting in, with a world my own

I am in a world were I can say
                                                                      I am in a world where I am Home

Out of Character HER GUYS READ DIS

ElegantVictorainRose
              Cara MiaKitty
              Scurd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:49 pm
              User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Boathouse → Great Hall Entrance

Alice and Jasper followed the Gryffindor head of house to the entrance of the great hall. The two were still holding hands at this point. Both were equally as nervous and excited about the sorting. It was only a matter of time before they would enter the hall and be sorted in front of everyone. Alice had faith in what the sorting had in store for them. She had seen in the future but she never did figure out what houses they would all be in. That much as a complete blur to her.

Jasper on the other hand had no idea but knew that Alice would want them to look at it as a good thing regardless of if they were separated or not. He didn't want to be separated from Alice but there was no way around it if they were that drastically different. If they were taken apart hopefully Lexine would be with one of them at least.

(exit to sorting)

With: Jasper

With: Alice

OOC: ---

((Outfits in pics))

murruelecreuset
              Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
              • Bunny Spotter 50
              • Waffles! 25
              • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:26 pm
              x
              x
              x
              x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Half-Blood | | Eleven Years Old | | First Year | | Unsorted
              Ten inches. Ash Wood. Fox Fur. Supple.

xxxxFollowing the man into the antechamber, Lexine smiled. He seemed kind to her, and all the sudden there was butterflies bouncing about in her stomach. "Wow," She murmured looking around. Walking around to the edge of the group of students, Lexine looked around a bit. The doors were shut, so she wasn't able to sneak a peek at the Great Hall, but she had a feeling it wasn't called the 'Great Hall' for no reason. The place was amazing, even just this bit of it, her face filled with wonder. Looking over at the others, she smiled. Soon she'd be friends with at least some of these people. She then turned and frowned...what if Alice and Jasper weren't in her house? She knew that they were all pretty different... She sighed lightly, praying that maybe at least one of them would share the same house...

xxxxTurning away from the two, she looked over everyone else and took a long, deep breath. "The moment is almost here..." she whispered to herself. She knew that once she was sorted, she was officially going to be a Hogwarts student! Quickly the butterflies started filling her stomach once again...she was extremely nervous and excited at the same time.

outfit | | ooc :: exit to sorting | | voice clip

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:12 pm
              User Image

-APPAREL // School robe on top with, crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath.
                -ITEMS // Nothing
                -RELATIONSHIP // None
                -FEELING // Nervous
                -LOCATION // Antechamber

It wasn't until Adrienne realized that a second boy had walked over to join Dorian and himself, that he finally noticed their hair. Was it really blue? They were brothers of course, that much was evident in their features, but they both-including Julius, whom he assumed was the third brother-had the exact same hue of blue in their hair. It can't be the lighting, can it? Adrienne thought to himself, his head almost cocking a bit as he briefly studied their hair. As Tyson bantered on to Dorian, he silently wondered if it really was blue, or just a trick of the lights on really dark hair. He himself had reddish-brown highlights when the sun hit just right, but now as he looked about, he confirmed that the dimly lit hall would hardly be able to evoke such a color on it's own. His mind however snapped to attention when Tyson introduced himself, and did the same right after.

"Adrienne, pleased to meet you." He said, almost feeling like a handshake was in order, though just smiled and nodded. He chuckled to himself when Tyson started to talk to Dorian like Jarlath sometimes spoke to him and his sister.

"Oh I do wish I had mine now, but I packed it in my trunk. I didn't want to loose it like I usually do with important things." He then considered the lot about magic and being muggle-born. "You were raised by what?" He said with a grin, feeling the term rather silly, and feeling like he could laugh rather loudly at the moment. Though a sudden thought came to him that it might be rude.

Without missing a beat, he chuckled and trilled on, "muggle-muggle-muggle, isn't that a funny term? I don't think I've ever heard of that before. But what do you mean by 'normal people', we are all normal, after-all, aren't we?"

It was either due to the fact that he was very sheltered within his pureblooded wizarding-family, had gone through his father's death, or simply because he didn't remember hearing about non-magical people, but 'muggles' and 'normal people' were wholly new to him, and even now he hoped that he hadn't offended his new friends.

Here he dug his hands into his pockets and looked back down the path that led towards the boats, wondering if his things might still be there. His eyes, though, met those of a girl whose hands seemed to be fidgeting. He didn't look on much longer, feeling quite bashful as he always did when it came to girls, and slowly inched his gaze towards that of a moving painting just beyond her.

((OOC:_))

User Image

Cara MiaKitty

Sir Spazalots

Desirae_Nikas_7656

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
                    • Nerd 50
                    • Senpai's Notice 100
                    • Battle: Rogue 100
                    PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:15 am
                    User ImageLogan Xander Ó GrádaighFirst YearPurebloodBookworm Unsorted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The unusually quite Xander seemed to have tuned out to the world as he had made his way across the lake and through the boat house. He had somehow made it to the entrance hall without falling over something or someone. He saw the small crowd of students and hung back slightly. "Muggles are nice." he whispered. "I grew up around muggles. My mother was always helping in the shelters. Volunteer work and such. She didn't let me go out with her much though." The timid boy said trying to gain a little confidence in himself.

He scratched the back of his head and smiled at the small group, before deciding that he looked weak and squeaked looking at the ground maybe that girl that he had met before would find interest in him.

Desirae_Nikas_7656

scurd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm
                    Arkendrai
                    500 Days of Summer
                    Forks Anonymous
                    Mr Vitamin C-ya
                    Edward D Engel
                    The Forgotten Weasley
                    RedEagleEye007

User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
                    xxxxxxx
                    xxxxxxx Daily Dragon Photographer and Reporter
                    xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley led the way out of the Great Hall. "This way please." he called as he moved up the staircase and up the stairs. "The Grand Staircase is this way!" he called as he climbed up the stairs. He smiled and paused at the top to wait for the First years. Well, let's see... he said as he looked at the gathering students.

(( Next Post Grand Staircase ))

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
                    Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why
                    If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
                    If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?
                    Why are you my clarity?
                    Why are you my remedy?
                    Why are you my clarity?
                    Why are you my remedy?

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

murruelecreuset
                    Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
                    • Bunny Spotter 50
                    • Waffles! 25
                    • Team Jacob 100
                    PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 am
                    User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall (Gryffindor Table) -> Great Hall Entrance

David walked out to the Entrance to the Great Hall. "Alright the Gryffindor common room is on the seventh floor so we have to go this way to get to the Grand Staircase." he told the first years pointing up the stairs to the where the main staircase to the whole castle would be. Once he saw the Gryffindor's gathered David headed off in the direction he pointed.

(Exit to Grand Staircase)

With: Gryffindors... firsties

Wearing: School Uniform

OOC: ---

scurd
                    Lady Pomegranates
                    Desirae_Nikas_7656
                    Quote:
                    mrs-lestrange
                    kiska166
                    [Bell-chan]
                    ElegantVictiorainRose
                    Forks Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:06 am
                    Valentina La Russa
                    First year Gryffindor

As Valentina made her was to the Grand Staircase. She stopped for a minute to have a random thought: Its probably not worth getting into trouble this early of the year. "I guess I better say out of trouble for now and until further notice." She said as she continued to walk towards the staircase.

Next place to post is the Grand stair case.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

[Bell-chan]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm
                    Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO
                    𝓛ɪʟɪᴛʜ 𝖃ᴇxɪᴏɴ

Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO

Thoughts || Woah! spacespace
                    Emotions || Excited space
                    Age || Eleven space space
                    Blood || Pureblood space
                    House || Griffindor spacespace
                    Year|| First space

❈❈❈
                    Keep on dreaming, Don’t stop breathing
                    Fight those demons, Sell your soul,Not your whole self❈❈❈
                    ☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

The young Gryffindor looked over at the prefect, staying close to the back, but close enough to not get lost. She looked around the room, amazed at how beautiful the entire mansion was. Being born and raised in a small cabin. A smile on her lips, she went after the prefect. Everything was amazing to the young Xexion. It was all larger and much more grand than any church she had ever seen in her town. It was breath taking...

Lilith shuffled after the boy, regretting letting her brother dress her up so fancily just to be sorted and run around the mansion. In heels. Dang it..
                    " This place is amazing.. " Lilith breathed to herself, following to the staircase.

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
                    ❈❈❈Being me can only mean, Feeling scared to breathe, If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything
                    That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down..❈❈❈

Out Of Lilith: Clothing
                    murruelecreuset

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
                    Other Stuff
                    Get GCash
                    Offers
                    Get Items
                    More Items
                    Where Everyone Hangs Out
                    Other Community Areas
                    Virtual Spaces
                    Fun Stuff
                    Gaia's Games
                    Mini-Games