Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:07 pm
@ Unusual Shop

"... I guess if you have change that will work. I'm not normally one to buy stuff myself. Let's see... oh, do you know where I can get a horse around here? I don't enjoy this heat very well and walking in it isn't helping."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:53 pm
@ Unusual Shop:

"I do not, sir. Rokugani horses can run around as much as 25 koku, and aren't a very affordable resource to men of my trade. I'm sure you can find someone who might be willing to trade or sell one if you asked around, however."

He went to take the koku to make change if the Crane bushi seemed intent on the matter.

If so, Zanzen, 1 koku gets turned into 4 bu, 7 zeni, and a trio of bamboo poles. And 1 point of honor loss for being seen conducting trade in public, as the items being purchased are not viewed as a traditional gift in the public's eyes.

--------------------

@ Shrine to Bishamon:

Akodo Sakuya approves of Seichiro's level of devotion. At least, that's the impression Seichiro has after his meditation.

The monk is gone now, though probably not too far away. Seichiro is alone in the shrine as he becomes aware of the world around him, and night was upon him.

Anything more either of you wish to do?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 2, 7, 10, 4, 8 Total: 43 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:40 pm
Her shopping complete, Kyumi would think on what she wanted to do next. Internally, she debated whether to just go straight back to the inn or... Something else came to her mind. She never found out what exactly had gone on with those ashigaru earlier. She certainly wasn't feeling confidant enough to ask Toritaka about it, and... Considering the vibes she'd gotten from the men earlier, she had a feeling that even the jr. magistrate didn't learn the truth of the matter. However, if she was lucky, she knew of someone else who she could turn to for answers.

"Hold onto those for now. You can head back to the inn, if you like. There's still something I need to take care of..." Kyumi would tell Omi, referring to the sake she had just purchased. The attendant would bow her head in compliance.

"And if your companions ask about you, what should I tell them? Is it not getting rather late in the day?" Omi asked, perhaps a little critically."Forgive me, but... It is one thing to say that you are uncertain of your arrival. It is another to allow that to serve as an excuse to arrive during the late hours of the night."

Kyumi's cheeks would begin to puff out at her attendant's attempt to chastise her. "I only have one or two more things to do! They won't have to wait too long! You can tell them that I have gone off to commune with the kami."

The attendant would obediently bow. "As I said, My lady... Forgive me. I merely wished to remind you of the time." She would quickly head back to the inn, before she inadvertently goaded her mistress into a tantrum.

Kyumi would quietly grumble to herself as she set off to find a proper place to commune with the kami. It would take only a minute of searching before she found an appropriate spot. There, she began the rituals that she'd memorized long ago to speak with the kami of air.

((Casting Commune:Air Kami, 4k3 = 19 vs TN 15?; Free raise because Kyumi has the scroll for it? 8D Thank you , Rain~ ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:15 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz!

Upon settling into an open stretch of unworked land, before a patch of wild irises growing at their leisure. She would begin her prayers, attempting to conjure forth the attentions of one of the air kami that inhabited this village.

It would not be long before she would she would get a response...

Quote:
"Oh! Hello! Hello there! Hello!"

an excited voice would say within Kyumi's mind. If she let her eyes unfocus just barely, she would be able to see the winds around her beginning to gather, albeit gently.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:04 pm
@ Unusual Shop

"Thank you." He took the change and put it away before picking up the poles and leaving. He would proceed to the Kaiu estate.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 14 10-sided dice: 6, 7, 4, 10, 6, 5, 4, 4, 2, 7, 6, 4, 3, 3 Total: 71 (14-140)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:55 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz!:
She'd smile at the sound of the kami in her mind. Perhaps, considering how excited and friendly sounding it was, it would be easy for her to get the information she wanted from it.

"Hello, Honored Kami." Kyumi would start."Thank you for coming to me. I have something to ask you." She'd pause for a moment as she thought of the best way to phrase what she wanted to say.

"My companions and I only came into town today, and we ran into some suspicious acting ashigaru who live in this town. I'd be very appreciative if you could tell me if you've seen them associating with any outsiders or unusual people before today." She'd quickly clarify her question with, "Like... Someone from the Scorpion Clan, or someone pretending to be something they aren't."

((Rolling Investigation to see if Kyumi will be able to connect whatever answer the kami gives her with what she already knows- 5k3 = 29; Also, etiquette to be polite, 5k3 = 17 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:29 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz!

The very air around Kyumi would flow around her, like a strong current of water, except exceptionally gentle. The air would caress her excitedly, exporting its answers into Kyumi's mind.

Quote:
"Oh, I know, I know! The two people I see every day! They come and go and come and go, but they are always this when they come back!"

Then, Kyumi would have an odd sensation that would probably catch her a bit off guard... but only slightly, considering her clan. She would feel a sudden welling of pride in her heart.

Quote:
"They like to hide this, but I'm good at finding! Can we play a finding game? I like games!"

The wind would whirl around each of the flowers, making them dance with apparent elation as it awaited Kyumi's acceptance.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 12 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 8, 1, 9, 4, 10, 8, 3, 6, 5, 8 Total: 67 (12-120)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz:

Kyumi thought for a brief moment as she tried to think of exactly what the ashigaru could be hiding, and be proud of hiding. Nothing came immediately to her mind.

"So you can find whatever they've hidden?" Kyumi would ask, starting to sound a bit excited herself. She couldn't help the grin that was starting to spread over her face. "All right then, let's play a finding game!" Kyumi would focus on where she perceived the air kami would be, so she'd be able to follow it wherever it lead.

"Let's go find what those ashigaru are hiding!"

(( Investigation! 5k3 = 20 ; Athletics/Air to follow the kami + spending one void to make it a trained roll- 4k3 = 28 vs TN 15))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz!

As Kyumi wound get up, the zephyristic air kami would practically push her along before zooming ahead. It would constantly dart forth, circling back to tease Kyumi and ensure she was keeping pace as fast as a human could, then escape her touch to fly forward once more.

Light was becoming a rare commodity now, but it didn't stop Kyumi from navigating by focusing her spiritual awareness on the kami instead. That is, until the air kami stopped.

Quote:
"Hello! Look! Look! Hello! They hide in here!"

the kami would announce to Kyumi, hovering before the door of a warehouse. Kuda Mura was a big village, but it was still just a village, so it appeared to be one of the few such buildings the settlement had, probably to store supplies for the community's need. It is by no means a warehouse of the abandoned variety - however, no one appears to be 'home' right now.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 3, 2, 8, 1, 7 Total: 29 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:17 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz:
Kyumi paused for a moment outside of the warehouse, partially to catch her breath and also to get an idea of where she was in the village. Kuda Mura was turning out to be larger than she'd thought it was. "You're very good at the finding game, Kami-sama." Kyumi would compliment the air kami with a smile as she took in her surroundings.

She would then poke her head into the warehouse, looking to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. When she didn't see anyone around, she'd go inside to get a closer look.

For now, she'd steer clear of anything that didn't look suspicious. After all, she was only here to see if she couldn't find out what those dishonorable ashigaru were up to.

(( Moar investigation! 5k3 = 16 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:28 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz!

Kyumi's investigation would reveal that the warehouse doors were locked!

Quote:
"Heeee! This is fun! Let's find!"

the kami would squeal, practically buzzing with excitement, as it apparently flew in through an opening just below the roof, two stories up.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 5, 1, 6, 8 Total: 30 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:08 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz:
"W-wait a moment, Kami-sama!" Kyumi would call out to the air kami. It'd be too late, as, by the time she'd spoken, the air kami was already inside the warehouse.

She'd look up to where she'd saw the kami enter the building, and would look around to see if there wasn't a way to get up. There was... A drain pipe that went up high enough. However, it was obvious that it wasn't made for curious shugenja to climb. Still... If she was careful, she might be able to make it up there.

She'd take a quick look around, if only just to insure that she didn't have an audience should she make a fool of herself. Once the coast was clear, she'd take a breath, gather her courage, and begin her climb.

(( Rolling Untrained Athletics/Strength: 3k3 = 15 vs TN 20 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Rain Yupa rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:28 pm
@ Shugenja Tiemz! Lioness Shenanigans:

Climbing atop the empty and unsteady rain barrel, Kyumi would begin her arduous climb up the warehouse's drain pipe. She definitely was making progress, when...

*SNAP!* *ting!* *Crrreeeeeaaaaaa*

Her heart would skip a beat as the drainpipe would become unhinged by the excess weight it was not meant to carry, and found herself moving farther and farther from the wall, clutching the tube for dear life!

As the unwanted ride would come to its climax rather suddenly, Kyumi would find herself:

• 1.) Crashing suddenly and painfully against the ground, taking 1d10 damage.
  • 2.) Landing in a rain barrel of uncomfortably warm water across the way.
  • 3.) Losing her grip, and falling into the empty rain barrel beneath her, getting stuck!
  • 4.) As above, and the barrel rolls down a hill.
  • 5.) Crashing through the wall of the building across the way, which leads to a large peasant family finishing their prayers around a table and about to eat their dinner!
  • 6.) Crashing through the wall of the building across the way, which leads directly into the jail cell of the two ashigaru.
  • 7.) Crashing through the wall of the building across the way, which is a barn, and gets her kimono ruined in the cow stall she lands in.
  • 8.) Falling right on Kaiu Ieyasu as he walks by on his way home for the evening.
  • 9.) Falling right on Omi as she walks by, looking for her mistress.
  • 10.) Falling right on Toritaka Tokugawa as he walks by.

Kaiu Ieyasu is an older man, in his early 40's, with a very wide build. Someone who would be REALLY buff if he worked out, but he did not and it's all turned to flab. He has a very stern face with piercing eyes, big lips, and a large scraggly beard, down to his chest. And he's currently beneath our beloved shugenja, and is NOT happy about it.  
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 3, 6 Total: 22 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:59 pm
The Hare managed not to recoil in terror as the dumplings were presented, but the little bunny part of him gave up on those green fields and foxes and sprinted away from those little buns.

"I'm afraid I must not, but thank you all the same. Strong spices do not sit well with me, and it would not do for me to present myself to my host unwell. That you would offer me a sample, however, is evidence enough to me of their fine quality."

Denbe would be more than happy to pay the asked price, unless it seemed a total gouge (in which case he might try to argue it down a bit) and return to see if his companions were ready to go, holding the spice as carefully as he could once beyond the merchant's sights, as though the jar contained a deadly little oni just waiting for him to drop it and let it free.

[1 Raise to not offend him.]
[4k3 Awareness/Etiquette(Sincerity): 19]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:14 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

"Cumin is kind of hard to come by in these parts. I'm afraid that the asking price is 4 bu for this bottle," the older merchant would explain.

Since the object in question is definitely an obvious, direct gift, there will be no honor loss for the exchange of currency in this transaction.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games