Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺
Tanya watched Kas arrive first and was a tad surprised, the redhead usually was a few minutes late to any type of gathering they decided to schedule but she figured cupid was on her side this time. Plus his outfit was just plain amazebeans and she was totally going to quiz him over it, after of course he and Echo pull their heads out their respective arses and get together. Speaking of her other friend, he finally showed dressed in the clothing she described and had to stop herself from mock tearing up. Her babies were growing up so fast! She had to crane her head around the side of the bookshelf she was hiding behind to hear what they were saying and had to stifle her giggles at the awkwardness Echo was giving off and the casualness Kas was. When they were both sitting she rushed back into her hiding spot and started playing the first song on her small repertoire, which was mostly Disney since she couldn't play much on the guitar yet, so she stared with one from one movie with giant lions and a funny warthog. When that finished, Tanya gave her fingers a few moments of rest and strained to hear the rest of their conversation.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Cara MiaKitty

Lady Pomegranates

WearingWhere: Study AreaWith: the booksThinking: CAAANNNN YOU FEEEEEL THE LOOOOOOOVE TONIIIIIIIGHT?OOC:

So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Happy
Let it shine: Love is the air...
And I don't mind: Lovebirds
We'll get by: Study Area

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie wasn't spying. Really, she wasn't. So what if she knew that a certain covert operation that inspired a lot of giggling in her was going down tonight? She could go in the library if she wanted to. Hiding between the shelves, she hummed along softly to the funny song Tanya was playing. She'd never heard it before, but it was very catchy. Grabbing a book at random, the blonde girl settled down on the floor, ready for a little reading. And eavesdropping. Mostly eavesdropping. She was being a good friend! Really, she was!

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:03 pm
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in the Libraryspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // ... Kas?spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have a very bad feeling about this...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho frowned when Kas confirmed that, yes, in fact, he was waiting on Tanya. His mouth drew into a tight line and his hand went to the back of his head, ruffling his hair. Brilliant. That little... "Uh, no, I'm the one who needed Potions help," he said. After that, there wasn't much he could think to say, so the silence stretched out between them, dragging on for what seemed like ages as he tried to think of something, anything else to say to the redhead. "Maybe, uh, maybe she... forgot who she was meeting. Double-booked us on accident, or something..." he said with a shrug, though he knew that was about as likely as his sister decided she wanted to become an accountant. As if determined to prove right then that, no, actually, that wasn't even remotely what Tanya had done, the stains of music from a guitar could be heard. The tune was undeniably romantic... Echo wished that someone would come and kill him in his seat. His face flushed the color of Kas' hair, and he blinked. "Uh, wonder what that's about," he said, trying desperately to cover. He had no doubt of who was playing the music, but then, Kas didn't have to know that, right?

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ And the red queen's off with her head
                                                          Remember what the dormouse said.
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Lady Pomegranates

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:52 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

-YEAR // First
    -AGE // 11
    -APPAREL // 'Cowlick' that refuses to go down. School robe on top; with crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath. A worn leather backpack/satchel.'
    -ITEMS // 'Leather Pack: Wand, supplies and random text book(s).'
    -COMPANY // Alice, Jasper, and Lexine.
    -RELATIONSHIP // None
    -THINKING // "Was I just able to help someone with a problem?!"
    -FEELING // Elated.
    -LOCATION // Library.
    < YOUTUBE SONG // (I Like That-Shane Mack)

══════════════════════════════════════════

Adrienne's face lighted up when Jasper said that his example would work, and then started grinning when Alice and Lexine both seemed to have understood the equation a little clearer. When he looked to Lexine as he was grinning, he stared at her for a second too long, loosing the grin and then blushing slightly. When the girls started to talk about Quidditch, he forgot his little gaze, and turned his mind to his favorite sport.

"I'm sure you'd do fine Alice, I bet you'd have the best energy for a'seeker. And Lexine you should, I bet you'd be perfect!" Now hyped on the energy of talking about the flying game, it dawned on him how that might have sounded a bit awkward.

"At Quidditch. And with a broom, and wand..." He blurted out a bit hurriedly, though laughed nervously.

Taking his own wand in hand, he looked sup at the three of them and started to wonder if they were allowed to practice the Avis spell in the library.

"Do you think we can practice here? Like, try the Avis charm?"

((OOC:__))

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

User Image

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100
      PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:00 am
      User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Library (Study Area)

Alice shook her head as Lexine apologized for her comment. “None taken Lexine it’s kind of true.” She said with a smile. It really didn’t seem to faze her, no surprise really. Jasper didn’t know what to say really expect the truth. “I would have been…” he said slowly cutting himself off. “You what!?” Alice half shouted. “Shh…” he hushed her. “Sorry what do you mean would have been?” she questioned unsure how he would know that. “I would have been sorted into Ravenclaw…” he said quietly as he looked down what else was there to say. Luckily for Jasper Alice didn’t know what to say to that either she was shocked.

“Maybe you should Lexine you never know how good you are at something until you try.” Jasper told her. “Yeah you should Jasper’s trying Beater.” Alice said before looking to Adrienne who said she’d make a good Seeker. “You think so?” she asked curiously. She’d never thought about playing before seemed to out there for her at least she was more of the observing type. Then again that was what Seeking was wasn’t it?

Alice started thinking about Adrienne’s question while Jasper went straight to answering it. “I don’t know if that’s such the best idea. Conjuring a bunch of birds in the library?” he said honestly it sounded like an easy way to get kicked out of the library. Not something he particularly wanted.

Wearing: Uniform

Wearing: Uniform

With: Each other… Lexine, Adrienne
      OOC: ---

Arkendrai
      scurd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm
      User Image
      User Image
      User Image

-YEAR // First
        -AGE // 11
        -APPAREL // 'Cowlick' that refuses to go down. School robe on top; with crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath. A worn leather backpack/satchel.'
        -ITEMS // 'Leather Pack: Wand, supplies and random text book(s).'
        -COMPANY // Alice, Jasper, and Lexine.
        -RELATIONSHIP // None
        -THINKING // "Was I just able to help someone with a problem?!"
        -FEELING // Elated.
        -LOCATION // Library.
        < YOUTUBE SONG // (I Like That-Shane Mack)

Adrienne could feel a little tension between Alice and Jasper, and might have guessed at what Jasper was leaning towards, but instead he flicked and swirled his wand, mimicking a few charms. When Alice started about Lexine's position in Ravenclaw he began as well.

"Yeah Lexine, there's more than one way to be smart. Who was that chap that said before...something about fishes and climbing trees? Why, the flying bit did make you think rightly about the bird-charm, and it wasn't exactly grade-A stuff now was it?" He wanted to comfort Lexine somehow, and patting her on the back would seem like something that he wold do for his brother. So he shied away from the thought, and instead just tilted his head and smiled. As Alice continued, talking about his suggestion for their positions on quidditch teams, he nodded to her and still thought that with her energy and attention, she would become a lovely seeker.

When Jasper voiced the better half of Adrienne's decision making, Adrienne got a twinkle in his eye from the nearby candlelight, and a devilish grin spread over his small-irish lips.

"I suppose. But that would be funny though, wouldn't it? I mean, that is if we could conjure it..." He said with a chuckle, and then a nod of agreement that the plan would definitely get them kicked out from the library.

((OOC:__))

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

User Image

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
          • Money Never Sleeps 200
          • Cash Grabber 500
          PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:08 pm
          User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
          [Ravenclaw]

Current Age: 11
          Blood: Muggleborn
          Year at Hogwarts: First Year
          Wearing: Ravenclaw robes

~Charms first....~

Eva walked in briskly with her books and found a table that didn't have that many people. She sat down quietly and opened her Charms book. Chapters One and Two in The Standard Book of Spells, Grade One. Tha's what she said. Now... What is it all about? She flipped through the pages, reading about the difference between charms and transfiguration.

Well, I understand it here... But what if I can't perform it in class? She sighed and reread the two chapters. Looking quite unsure of herself.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:41 pm
          User Image
                                                        When your dreams all fail
                                                        And the ones we hail
                                                        Are the worst of all
                                                        And the blood’s run stale

User Image
                                                        ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Cʜᴀsᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Xavier settled down, researching what he could for his Ancient Runes class. His books lay across the tables, and his quill was furiously scribbling down notes on the runes they were to cover for the year. He glanced up from his note taking and frowned at the book he was consulting. Ugh, second set of runes he was supposed to study, and yet they were as much a foreign language to the young Ravenclaw as ever. It was only marginally easier than it was last year, where he had to study the Elder Futhark. Putting his quill aside, he dove back into the book, trying to find a translation of a certain rune he had been looking for.

════════════════════════
                                                        Thinking: It has to be here somewhere...
                                                        OOC: ...

So they dug your grave
                                                        And the masquerade
                                                        Will come calling out
                                                        At the mess you've made

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
          • Rufus' Gratitude 100
          • Team Jacob 100
          • Married 100

Yukina101
          Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
          • Vocalizing Hisser 25
          • Hellraiser 500
          • Friend of the Goat 100
          PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 pm

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXUser Image⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
          Tanya walked into the study area with her backpack laden down with books and her head swimming with random Greek facts she wanted nothing to do with. She had talked Professor Harlowe and had suggested being tutored by one of her older students, one named Xavier Goldwind. She had asked Echo and Gypsy about him and neither could tell her much except what he looked like and where he might ultimately be. She didn't really put much faith in the first but at least they were right about the where. Seeing him at a table with all his stuff spread out she felt slightly guilty for bothering him but knew if she didn't get this homework done and about the barely A she had gotten last time she might as well drop the elective now. Tanya walked over to him and cleared her throat while on hand absentmindedly played with the hem of her sweater. "Are you Xavier Goldwind? Professor Harlowe told me I could come to you with help in Mythology." she spoke more confidently than she felt.
          `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: Study AreaWith: Xavier GoldwindThinking: Please please please help?OOC

This could be para- para- paradise
          Para- para- paradise
          Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:58 pm
          User Image
                                                        And the ones we hail
                                                        Are the worst of all

User Image
                                                        ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Xavier glanced up from his book, frowning slightly at being interrupted. Then again, he knew he wasn't the friendliest sort. However, he noted the girl talking to him and blinked. "Yeah, I'm Xavier. You need help in Mythology? What parts?" He wasn't a whiz at the subject, but he got good grades in the class, so he counted himself fortunate there. Setting his book to the side, he cocked his eyebrow at the younger (Gryffindor? Well, if he was stereotyping, he would say duh, but he wasn't) and waited for her answer.

════════════════════════
                                                        Thinking: It has to be here somewhere...

So they dug your grave
                                                        And the masquerade
                                                        Will come calling out
                                                        At the mess you've made

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
          • Rufus' Gratitude 100
          • Team Jacob 100
          • Married 100

Yukina101
          Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
          • Vocalizing Hisser 25
          • Hellraiser 500
          • Friend of the Goat 100
          PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:51 pm

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
          Tanya winced unconsciously at the frown directed at her when the boy looked her way but gave a silent sigh of relief when he answered positively and even set aside his own work to help her. She chuckled as he asked her which parts she was struggling with and gave a wry grin. "If I said 'everything' would you regret your decision to help me?" she asked pulling out one of her textbooks and her notes about their assignment for the week. It was just then she realized she hadn't even introduced herself to the boy who she practically accosted. "By the way, I'm Tanya Cherri, third year Gryffindor." she said giving her hand out for a shake.
          `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

Diamond Wales

WearingWhere: Study AreaWith: Xavier GoldwindThinking: Thank goodness!OOC

Para- para- paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 pm
          User Image
                                                        And the ones we hail
                                                        Are the worst of all

User Image
                                                        ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Xavier listened and resisted the urge to facepalm, but instead went hunting for his own Mythology textbook and notes. . "So basically anything related to Beedle the Bard and his tales then. At least if I recall, that was the curriculum for that year. Good thing I save notes, then." He He pulled out his textbook and then, just on a slight chance he might find it, went to the section on mythology and pulled out the Tales of Beedle the Bard. Settling himself down, he gave the girl a look and gestured to a seat. Hopefully she didn't think he was going to make her stand all day there.

"Okay, first of all, I figure depending on how much help you'll need, we can evaluate that, and then go ahead and do like a study session once a week. After we do that, I'll start helping you out. So, what exactly do you know about the author and his stories?" Xavier hoped the girl had at least heard of the guy before, or had read the stories as a child. He didn't know of a single halfblood or pureblood child that hadn't. Muggleborns were a different story altogether, and were usually the ones that had the most questions about the subject. He crossed his arms and leaned back, waiting on her reply.

════════════════════════
                                                        Thinking: Well, I was studying alone, and now I'm a tutor.

So they dug your grave
                                                        And the masquerade
                                                        Will come calling out
                                                        At the mess you've made

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
          • Rufus' Gratitude 100
          • Team Jacob 100
          • Married 100

Yukina101
          Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
          • Vocalizing Hisser 25
          • Hellraiser 500
          • Friend of the Goat 100
          PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
          Tanya gratefully took the chair and pulled out her other Muggle Mythology notes and separate book when she finally realized he had said Beedle and the Bard and had to hide a wince and stop herself from flinging her head onto the desk. Hearing him get down to business and start to plan out their sessions she thought she might tell him of her mistake before things got out of hand. "You're going to think I'm completely daft but it's not Mythology I'm having problems with, it's Muggle Mythology. It's all those bleeding gods and goddesses and who betrayed whom and who had sex with what, ugh! It's all so maddening!" she groaned and actually did allow her head to flop onto her notes.
          `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

Diamond Wales

WearingWhere: Study AreaWith: Xavier GoldwindThinking: Oops >.<OOC: It's my fault for not specifying so I decided to make it funny x3

Para- para- paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:39 pm
          User Image
                                                        And the ones we hail
                                                        Are the worst of all

User Image
                                                        ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

At hearing Tanya's reply, he paused, and then facepalmed as he realized that she had apparently stated the wrong class. He sighed and put his books back in his bag, frowning as he dug around to look for his own information about Muggle Mythology. He had the notes for the class, but not his book, apparently. Sighing, he shoved what he didn't need into his bag and went back toward the shelves, this time putting away the Bard's stories and picking up a textbook instead on muggle myths. Sitting back down, he cocked an eyebrow at the younger girl. "Not Mythology, Muggle Mythology, and you have trouble with the different gods and goddesses and their relationships." Even he had trouble with them at times, and the raven-haired male sat back and regarded her for a moment.

"Well, which gods do you know for sure, and we can go from there. Because I think it'd be easier to say what you do know, because there are a lot of them in the Greek pantheon. We can at least cover the major gods, if that'll make it easier. Actually, it might, because the lesser ones really are more or less henchmen of sorts of the greater ones." Flipping through his notes on the subject, he got to the portion on the Greek gods and cocked an eyebrow, waiting for a reply.

════════════════════════
                                                        Thinking: Well, I was studying alone, and now I'm a tutor.

So they dug your grave
                                                        And the masquerade
                                                        Will come calling out
                                                        At the mess you've made

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
          • Rufus' Gratitude 100
          • Team Jacob 100
          • Married 100

Yukina101
          Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
          • Vocalizing Hisser 25
          • Hellraiser 500
          • Friend of the Goat 100
          PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:10 am

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
          Tanya knew she shouldn't laugh at Xavier, especially since she was in the wrong, but a soft snort still came out when he facepalmed before she straightened back up. Although the slight upward turn of her lips was still giving her away. She nodded as he basically reverberated what she was asking for and then went back into his tutoring mode. She did agree that maybe if she learned the big bad basics maybe the smaller stuff wouldn't warp her brain as much. At his asked question she frowned and racked her brain for information from the past lessons. "I know Zeus and all his douchiness, ermm....Hermes, Apollo, Hades, Pandora, Artemis, annnnnddd the Titans?" she turned towards him and took in his cocked eyebrow with a less impressed face of her own.
          `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

Diamond Wales

WearingWhere: Study AreaWith: Xavier GoldwindThinking: UuhhhOOC:

Para- para- paradise

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out
          Other Community Areas
          Virtual Spaces
          Fun Stuff
          Gaia's Games
          Mini-Games