Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:21 am
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Second Year

User Image

”Tcch,” Dmitri rolled his eyes. How very astute was she, he thought, to reiterate the lesson with a question as useless as Jeremy’s had been. All opinions, that’s all it was. The Russian had no use for the opinions of the British; to him, they were all the same. The stereotypical James Bond, so to say, to run in with guns blazing and a complete and total disregard of the planned tactical operations that the rest of the world had adopted a long time ago. ”May be it time to look, to really look. Dmitri’s lips curled into a malicious snarl as he turned in his desk to face Ronna and Jeremy headstrong. ”An’ see jus’ vho be starting zese problems, da? Cross, his vision narrowed and his lips tightened to a firm line.

”All zed’ time, I think it be you.” He pointed at Jeremy with accusatory finger. ”You who dis-respectful Zasranees, but you,” he paused, his full attention now burning down on Ronna. ”But you…

“You Zacroy svoy peesavati rot, sooka.”
                          He cursed. He couldn’t help it. ”You are the terrible. You talk, talk, talk, but nobody be giving any craps anymore of your ‘politsiya’ papa. So stop. I vill eat my own s**t before I be listening on to you one more time.

“And you? F*ck you and your f*cking podonok vandless crap. No body be caring of you, either.”
                          His attention was thrown between the two, daggers clawing out his icy eyes.

We’re never who we say we are.
                          1.5m (5ft) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://
                          Yes,...
                          Sh*thead,…
                          Shut your f*cking mouth, b*tch,…
                          A person that’s the lowest of the low,

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:46 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Updated Uniform]
Company: Classmates

➳ ➳ ➳

I thought I already said I was out of this? And I need a medal of honor for not saying something back to this idiot... who knows, maybe I am learning patience?

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna let out a long sigh and clenched her fist in one hand the other on her wand. The temptation to deck the Russian ran high but instead she just counted in her head as he first snapped at Jeremy and then dragged her into it. She raised a brow as he spat something in Russian at her-which she was pretty sure was far from flattering. It sort of surprised her when Dmitri brought up her 'papa' and she thought about it for a moment and ran the previous word for through her head and was thankful that in pretty much every language in the world 'police' sounded similar. She didn't think she brought it up or even spoke to him enough to irk him about it?

She let the grip on her wand go and released her fist as he continued on to Jeremy. She massaged her temples, more out of annoyance than anything else and glanced over at Dmitri and then to Jeremy. She sincerely hoped that Jeremy didn't take the bait. Let Dmitri be painted as the troublemaker on her own, is what Ronna figured, though she couldn't deny she was fantasizing a few hexes against Dmitri as she stayed silent and tried to ignore him. Can someone just give him detention so we can finish with class today?

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:05 pm
Woah, tell me what you think you're looking at
Oh, so I think I'm Queen Elizabeth
And now I'm stuck inside your memory
That's why it's so hard to get rid of me
I am incredible, so unforgettable
So no one can take my place
I am unbreakable, highly flammable
So, girl, get out of my face
Oh, we got 'em going crazy
Maybe 'cause we're so amazing

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~Second Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: shocked} {thinking: woah there... Mr. Pottymouth} {with: Second Years} {at: History of Magic}

Jess was delighted when the tension level in the room went from nonexistent to simmering. History of Magic was so boring, this was like a miracle. Her face lit up like a fairground ride, though she didn't smile. Brown eyes flickered back and forth between Jer, Dmitri, and then Ronna, who of course somehow managed to get herself in the middle. And then.... the Russian boy exploded. Wow. Those were a lot of curse words she was pretty sure Toby would be writing down for future use, though she had no idea what any of them meant. Her mother would be livid if she was here, the Hufflepuff reflected. Cora hated foul language. She felt sort of bad for Ronna, because whatever the boy had said to her, it certainly hadn't been flattering. Actually, she'd never heard someone toss out the f word so many times. Not even on muggle television, where they put little "beeps" in to cover it. "Damnnnnnn, that's a whole lot of pent up aggression there," she murmured, not really caring who heard her. Let Mr. Pottymouth try and give her a tonguelashing. Toby would kick his arse. She'd kick his arse.

They can't fix what's not broken.

Everybody in a daze
And that's the reason why they're hating
Treat us like some superstars
And only 'cause that's what we are
You know we going really far
And you all ain't even heard it all
You hate 'cause I'm a rockstar
A pretty little problem
You hate me 'cause I'm everything that you ever wanted to be
And I don't mind 'cause I love it when you're looking at me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:12 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: annoyed] [thinking: What is his problem?] [with: Second Years] [at: History of Magic]

Toby sat in silence with the rest of the class as the row mutated into Dmitri cursing out Jer and Ronna in two different languages. Well, his English had improved a lot, the Gryffindor boy thought mockingly. But really, what was his problem? For the most part, everyone left him alone! It wasn't like the rest of them actively conspired to make his life a living hell. Melodramatic, much? He didn't have any reason to be such an arsehole. Cursing out a girl, even if Ronna had sort of jumped into the argument, wasn't okay. Ever. "Merlin, take a freaking chill pill," he muttered under his breath, eyes wide.

Younger now than we were before.

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 am
User Image
                                                User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

----------------------------------
                                                Location: History Of Magic classroom
                                                State: Expectant
                                                OOC: ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

More review from last year, kill me now. Well, at least I won't forget the basics for my OWLs...

David noted he was the first one to enter History of Magic which was a class he was generally neutral about. It was a simple enough class because all it was, was memorizing things from a book but he wasn't particularly interested in history one way or another. The class was easy because of his fast reading and generally high memory recall of what he read, but it didn't mean he actually thoroughly enjoyed the class. History and that sort of thing was more of his sister's thing.

Sitting down near the front he listened to the professor's introduction and smirked at the Professor's comment about the fact that most of the class wouldn't remember much from last year... was that really true? Of course, that meant it was another class of review which was something he could save time and be more productive and do on his own time than waste time in class. And the professor didn't even ask for the full subject. He raised a hand and said, "We started the curriculum out, last year, by going into a brief overview of the history of Hogwarts, from its founding to more recent events like the Second Wizarding War." Okay, so maybe he didn't just mention the subject but at least he summarized the topic a LOT all things considering.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:45 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

History of Magic....what was that saying? History tends to repeat itself or something? Claire couldn't remember and honestly she was way too tired to try anything about it. Stupid voice. Maybe she should go see the nurse about it?

...That would mean admitting she heard voices though.

Annoyed with herself and still grumpy over her lack of sleep Claire trudged into the classroom and took a seat near the back, it was review again? Ugh...Of course David had answered something already. Such a bookworm. He really needed to do something other than stay by himself in a library reading.

Then again what did she care, ugh...boys were so annoying. Between David and Josh....Ugh, "We...learned about the chamber of secrets as well..." May as well make an attempt to participate.

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Ugh..."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Do we really have to talk about that creepy thing? Or even mention it?

David turned hearing a familiar female voice-though sounding very tired- mention the chamber of secrets. He spotted Claire sitting in the back and his brown eyes rolled slightly at the mention. Sure, it was important to learn about the skeletons of history, but the Chamber of Secrets creeped him out. It didn't matter if the Basilisk was dead or not. The fact of the matter remained the Chamber was still there in the castle and he never remembered hearing or reading about the body of the giant snake being removed. And to think he had come from a line of pureblood Slytherins on both side. Though he wasn't sure he counted as pureblood considering his father was a squib.

Way to ruin any enjoyment I had from lunch thirty minutes ago, David thought, a bit annoyed, though he did note Claire had seemed awfully tired in all the classes they had together. Was she not sleeping or what? Couldn't she just go to the infirmary and ask for a sleeping drought or something? Whatever, he thought, not my problem. Besides if she's too stupid to figure out to do that much that's her problem. And it would go to prove his analogy of the eagle beating the snake... though this year Slytherin did have both the Head Girl and Head Boy, so he supposed at least for the seventh years the snakes beat the eagles on the academic front. Bored he tapped the feather of his quill on his textbook and turned back to the Professor and the front of the room as he waited for other answers.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo walked into class, sighing out of boredom. He didn't want to come to this class, but he knew he had to. He was good at history, but it was so boring, that he never wanted to learn it. Professor Powell always did well relaying everything, it is just the fact that Theo didn't always like it. History is very opinionated and can never be relayed without some sort of bias it seemed. The boring part was forming his own point of view about it.

He sat down in a seat, awaiting the teacher to start. Once he had started, the beginning question, which never seemed to not pop up, found its way into the conversation. What had they learned last year? He raised his hand ready to answer, but Claire and David both were called on first. He kept his hand up however, prepared to give another answer.

"We learned about the history of brooms. Where they originated. What they were originally for...all of those sorts of things," he said to the professor as he finished. He then took out his quill and parchment and readied himself for another lesson.

I hated every minute of
training
, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History class (Friday: 10:00am to 10:45am)

Leonette took a seat for her last class of the year. Much like her cousin David she didn't really bother much with the class. Although her attention span for it was a lot more better off then him. It seemed that everything review wise was covered so all Leonette only had to wait for class to move forward... Unless she cared to expand which she really didn't feel up too.

With: Class

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 am
User Image
You say we're both little people and you like it that way, but in time I'm gonna put this body to shame
And grow old, wear a suit like my old man. Pack up all my things and get my a** out of town.
We've got it good, whether you like this town or not. I know it's small but with a big head, it's bound to get hot...

User Image

In the summer, but the summer is a bummer if you can't leave this pathetic excuse for a town.
That holds all your memories, a lifetime of crushes and your broken dreams.
To be anywhere but here, but baby anywhere is away from me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chris wandered into the room, glad that it was Friday. The first week of classes seemed to drag on, but Friday was here at last. Friday had to be one of his favorite days of the week. It was the window to the weekend! He just had to get through this class. It shouldn't be too hard. He actually liked this one. History always seemed interesting to him, magical or not. "Mornin' everyone." he chimed, taking a seat near the center of the room. It seemed like today would be a review. Yup. Easy.

{OOC: Sick!Heather is sick, and thus writes horrid posts.}

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

If you got it all figured out, then what is there to shout about?
This midwest town is gonna miss you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 pm
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in Historyspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I need to at least try to pay attention...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho stepped into the classroom with tired eyes and sat down in the first empty desk he came to. He really should've sat closer, and normally he would have, but he still hadn't fixed his sleep schedule. He was tired all day and wide awake all night. If he didn't manage to fix it after this week, he'd be going to the nurse for some sort of sleeping potion to help him sleep through the night. Surely it was a simple fix... He pulled out his parchment and quill, ready to take notes, but as predicted, they were just reviewing. Normally he would've spoken up, but everything had already been said, mostly, and anyway, he was tired. The fact that this week was pretty much all review was the only reason he hadn't already gone to the nurse, really. He didn't want to bother her until it was about to start actually hurting his schoolwork.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ And the red queen's off with her head
                                                          Remember what the dormouse said.
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:37 am
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Concerned
Let it shine: He's still tired?
And I don't mind: Echo
We'll get by: History of Magic

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie liked History of Magic a lot more than most of her classmates, and she normally would have participated, but she was distracted by the sight of Echo. He looked... tired. Really tired. He'd been exhausted the first night back, but it was the end of the week, how was he still so tired on Friday? "Echo, are you alright?" she asked with growing concern, in a whisper to him.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Cara MiaKitty

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:54 am
User Image
                                                User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                                Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I'm pretty sure that there are some floating about in your heads, and I have no problem answering them."

Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                                State: Teaching
                                                OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:36 am
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire walked in, finding this class boring. She really didn't care much for the history. What was she? A ravenclaw? Finding a sea near the back, she none the less took some half-hearted notes on the Ollivander family.

When he asked for questions, Claire had none.

My feelings? I'm bored you know?
Precious thought of mine, "....At least they made good wands."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games