Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Undergoing Character Creation Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Announcement on pg. 37
  ^u^ ~<3
View Results

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:27 pm
arononkorr
But they can reuse their cantrips from what I recall.

Valia Cordellia

All ready! what do you guys thin so far?

I see some problems with your Musket. Firstly, you can't put a magic ability on a weapon or suit of armor until you enchant it first with a numerical bonus. So you could afford to have a +1 Bane Musket, or a +1 Distance Musket, but not both. +1 Bane would probably be more beneficial to you, so I would recommend that one. Also, I'm not sure why you have two different attack bonuses listed, or where that +1 damage is coming from. Would you care to elaborate?

Secondly, your 'armor' section. I can appreciate the bit of personal flavor by putting your duster down there, but it doesn't actually grant you any armor. Your Mage Armor spell, however, does. If I were you, I would put your Mage Armor spell in your armor slot with the +4 armor bonus, then that way, you can just click the 'worn' box whenever you cast the spell, and unclick it after it wears off. If you'll check my character sheet, you'll see that I've done something similar, it's pretty convenient.

And lastly, your skills. It's easier to see which skills you're trained in by removing all the others, but what if you want to branch out later on? Or what if you need to use an untrained skill? I would recommend you restore your Skill section to the full list, just in case.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:51 pm
arononkorr

This may seem a little arbitrary, but I don't see how 5' is normal or even "slightly taller than normal young woman" for a 26 y.o. woman. You also duplicated range in your special properties for your musket.

And the background. If I read that right, it said that her mother was part of a "xenophobic coven" and her father (a knight) was struck by love at first sight and they somehow magically wound up together. Then the mother helped the father (an outsider of the coven) to kill all of the witches she had been in a closely knit group with. Then, her father mysteriously vanishes and leaves the mother to die at the hands of revenge. Is this correct?

Lady Lizabee

It might help you to add your Hit Die to your sheet.
Also, If you go here, the starting languages may be more helpful for you.
And adding the weight of the items will help in determining overburden.
Also, I think you got the forms mixed up. You have a human-like fox form and a full-human form. Nothing else.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:17 pm
final question: can someone explain how magical staves work?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:20 pm
glitterboypilot

Like a wand with more options, apparently.
What exactly did you want to know about them?

Edit: Actually, why do you need to know about them?
"The minimum caster level of a staff is 8th."  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
glitterboypilot

Like a wand with more options, apparently.
What exactly did you want to know about them?

Edit: Actually, why do you need to know about them?
"The minimum caster level of a staff is 8th."

oh,... I was lost on how to use one, the whole spell trigger part confuses me... nvm then  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:53 pm
arononkorr

want me to re roll?

I somehow didn't see this.

Preferably yes, since everyone else did.
If you can link to where you rolled, though, I may let you keep them.
If they don't look sketchy ;D  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 pm
iLL iNTENT
arononkorr
But they can reuse their cantrips from what I recall.

Valia Cordellia

All ready! what do you guys thin so far?

I see some problems with your Musket. Firstly, you can't put a magic ability on a weapon or suit of armor until you enchant it first with a numerical bonus. So you could afford to have a +1 Bane Musket, or a +1 Distance Musket, but not both. +1 Bane would probably be more beneficial to you, so I would recommend that one. Also, I'm not sure why you have two different attack bonuses listed, or where that +1 damage is coming from. Would you care to elaborate?

Secondly, your 'armor' section. I can appreciate the bit of personal flavor by putting your duster down there, but it doesn't actually grant you any armor. Your Mage Armor spell, however, does. If I were you, I would put your Mage Armor spell in your armor slot with the +4 armor bonus, then that way, you can just click the 'worn' box whenever you cast the spell, and unclick it after it wears off. If you'll check my character sheet, you'll see that I've done something similar, it's pretty convenient.

And lastly, your skills. It's easier to see which skills you're trained in by removing all the others, but what if you want to branch out later on? Or what if you need to use an untrained skill? I would recommend you restore your Skill section to the full list, just in case.

1. Originally, when I was doing my enchantments form it, it was actually a +1 distance weapon, but I also had her with a masterwork pistol. when O rook that out and redid my gold to exclude it's cost, I had just enough to add another enchantment, whch is where the Bane against Monstrous Humanoids comes in at, cause I want her to be a distance sniper kind of character.

2. I'll adjust that then, didn't want anyone thinking she was nude.lol!

3.I'll get to it in a bit. Generally though, when I play a character, it's opnly in extreme circumstances where they used untrained skills, which is why I took out all the ones she's not trained in.

*And in response to Terie*

That's just it being over simplified, and from her point of view. they battled a few times and met in secret when neither could best the other. When the battles were over, The knight left, but before she found out she was pregnant. She then left the village and lived in a forested area, raising the little girl on her own. The sword was given to her mother as a token to remember the knight by, as he would likely not be back, due to his duties to king and country.

Though he did manage to visit once, but this was just before she died, and Valia was out gathering herbs her mother used for her remedies and the like, so she only go the barest of glimpses of him, it was around an hour or so after that the attack came, and then after a couple days recovering from the ordeal and giving her mother the final rights, she set out to find her father, or who she thinks is her father.

I hadn't decided yet how that's gonna work out, I wanna see how everyone else works things before I go any further than that.  
arononkorr rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3 Total: 54 (20-120)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 pm
Joy......

1, 4, 2, 3=9
4, 5, 6, 3=15
4, 2, 2, 3=9
1, 2, 2, 3= 7
1, 1, 2, 3=6

why do I feel like I got screwed.....  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
arononkorr rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 1, 1 Total: 11 (4-24)

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:22 pm
arononkorr
Joy......

1, 4, 2, 3=9
4, 5, 6, 3=15
4, 2, 2, 3=9
1, 2, 2, 3= 7
1, 1, 2, 3=6

4, 5, 1, 1= 10

...oh yeah, now I know why.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 pm
arononkorr

5d6 not four  

glitterboypilot

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
arononkorr

want me to re roll?

I somehow didn't see this.

Preferably yes, since everyone else did.
If you can link to where you rolled, though, I may let you keep them.
If they don't look sketchy ;D

can't link it cause this was an old sheet from another game I was in. It got burned by fire before I had time to finish the character, so I decided to make do with this one.

originally she only had 1 16, but according to the website, humans add 2 to a stat to show their varied nature. And as the character was originally level one, stat upgrades weren't included, which is why she has a 16 Charisma, to account for the 1 stat boost she receives at lvl 4.  
arononkorr rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 1, 3, 1, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3, 1, 5 Total: 67 (20-120)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm
glitterboypilot
arononkorr

5d6 not four

....ugh

3, 6, 2, 5 6
1, 3, 1 5, 3
4, 3, 4, 2, 3
5, 2, 3, 1, 5  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
arononkorr rolled 10 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 5, 5, 2, 6, 1, 6, 4, 2 Total: 37 (10-60)

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:47 pm
arononkorr
glitterboypilot
arononkorr

5d6 not four

....ugh

3, 6, 2, 5 6
1, 3, 1 5, 3
4, 3, 4, 2, 3
5, 2, 3, 1, 5
2, 4, 5, 5, 2,
6, 1, 6, 4, 2

and now?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 pm
arononkorr

and now?

Drop the lowest 2 of each set of 5  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm
arononkorr
arononkorr
glitterboypilot
arononkorr

5d6 not four

....ugh

6 5 6=17
3 5 3=11
4 3 4=11
5 3 5=13
4 5 5=14
6 6 4=16

thats a bit better, I'll fix the sheet once my daughter lets me be for 5 seconds.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games