Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Zelly and Anime - 1x1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 119 120 121 122 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:08 pm
((Certainly a good place to start I suppose, and it's not like we're bursting at the seams with ideas anyway.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 pm
{Okay, here are some thoughts and ponderings I have, starting with Ophelia herself and then going on to the world as a whole.

Ophelia:
I'm starting to see hints of a more devious and callous nature - if still stuck with a bit of awkwardness and insecurity at times. I'm not getting the impression that she has a low self esteem so much as a strange fixation, possibly even obsession, with "the chain of command". I feel that this aspect of her's could be taken to interesting levels, having her bow and submit to someone one moment but shooting them down whilst mocking them the next - possibly due to something she has percieved as her being "promoted" in rank or her victem being "demoted" and vice versa. (Such as how she patiently endured the servants' abuse one moment, but mocked them relentlessly once Kaistern slaughtered their asses) I like the idea even more that she does not feel that qualification has anything to do with one's "rank" in life, although I haven't quite figured out exactly how she determines that one is "above" her in rank or not. All this said, I'm thinking I might want to have her slowly develop into a magnificent b*****d-esque character, especially if Kaistern "ups her rank" by accepting her request to be his advisor. (Just because she is "low in rank" now doesn't mean that cannot be changed, after all.)

Why is she this way? I'm thinking it should have to do with something in her childhood, such as an overly domineering control freak parent who somehow died because of her disobedience - leaving a long lasting mental scar or something like this. Using the strange logic imparted on her from her obsessive parent's raising, her view of rank expanded beyond just humanity as she left her village, perhaps even lowering most humans in rank in her eyes as she saw the domineering attitude magical creatures had over humans. (Again, justification beyond a personal level as to why she wants humans more politically involved in the world. It proves to her that she, among anyone else, can "rank up" in the chain of command under certain circumstances.) The only role I don't think she would see as fluid would be the King, or possibly Queen should there ever be one, themselves.

Sorry if that's a little too much of a textwall. sweatdrop I've been putting a lot of thought into Ophelia as a whole, as I'd like to make her into a reusable character if at all possible.

---

World:
There are many, many interesting places we could go with this, depending on how seriously or how played for laughs we want this to be at any given time. One moment we could parody classic gothic literature with certain settlements and make something more unique and serious to this world the next. As we go along, I think we should sometimes take the time to gradually develop each species we frequently encounter in this RP, giving hints of different morals, strengths, weaknesses, and overall culture as time goes along. (If things go especially well in this aspect, if you wouldn't mind, I'd eventually like to make a group RP based in this universe.) I haven't put as much thought into this as I have Ophelia, admittably, as I was more inspired by the upcoming Sims 3 expansion than anything...

-----

What about you? Any thoughts, comments, or ideas for things on your part?}

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 pm
((I clearly haven't given as much thought to all this as you have (planning? what's that?!? 8D ) but I do know I want to do more with Kaistern's split personality type deal. Like perhaps getting away from all the people that constantly set off his murderous tendencies before starts to create more of a divide between the happy, mellow Kaistern and the crazed, murder-happy one, maybe even leading to a distaste for killing and him becoming more mature over all. Said mental divide could either lead to his mind fracturing even further and an eventual mental breakdown, or perhaps the two sides merging into some happy medium.))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 pm
{To be fair, I only worked this hard on Ophelia because I intend to use her in more than one roleplay. I'm hoping that having reusable characters versus a new one with every RP will help me roleplay better and perhaps improve with characterization. >.<

I love the sound of that! Definately looking forward to see some of that as the story progresses.}

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 pm
((I see no problem with that. ^.^ After all, you've seen how many times Jaquel has graced these forums. XD

And thank you! ^.^ Here's hoping we can actually come up with a story to progress. XD ))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 pm
{Indeed. XD

Yup! Shall we start things up with them again, perhaps? Like at a campsite or arriving at a small settlement not too far from the city?}

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 pm
((Sure!....After you. owo ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 pm
Shadows gently mingled with dulled rays of light from the fading stars above, both dancing and swaying meekly underneath the massive ebony sky. Unlike the city or Ophelia's home village, there was no abundance of magical light or torches to help someone such as herself navigate through the endless night. Without the small campfire to keep things visible in this part of the forest path, Ophelia would be completely and utterly lost in the blackness of the world. She huddled close to said fire, trying to dry off near the heat from the bath she'd taken in the nearby river. Her clothes clung to her chilly wet skin, hugging her body almost invasively. Nevertheless, she found herself simply sitting there with a smile on her face, enjoying the warmth it provided while she nearly lost herself in pleasant thought.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm
"M-Maybe we sh-sh-should've tried to hold out until we found a t-t-town to take a b-b-bath..." Kaistern said through chattering teeth as he shivered by the fire. He'd made the same choice Ophelia had, having headed to the river once she was done, and now the ex-king was soggy and cold as well, his usually messy hair now hanging damp and flat by his shoulders, with wet bangs covering his eyes. Had it not been for his horns and being male, he probably could've passed for a ghost in some Japanese horror flick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:54 pm
Ophelia couldn't help but don a look of amusement as she reached over to brush Kaistern's bangs from his face. "In town, it isnt much better. Most places don't have warm baths, let alone any sort of indoor plumbing." she pointed out, none too bothered by the fact that she was shivering cold as well.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:58 pm
"True as that may be, at least we'd be inside with some warm blankets." Kaistern muttered before looking away so as not to sneeze in Ophelia's face before sniffling. "Aaaaaand I'm already catching a cold. Lovely."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm
"Shall I set us up a tent or two? I don't know if I brought any blankets per sey, but some enclosed enviornment like that might help if the fire won't." Ophelia offered, a hand resting gently on the backpack beside her as she did so.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 pm
"Sure." Kaistern said with another sniffle. "That sounds like a good idea, it's starting to get dark anyway. And if I can beat this cold before it gets here by sleeping it off, even better."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:30 pm
Ophelia nodded slightly before standing herself up, dragging the backpack with her a short distance before beginning to dig through it. After several minutes she pulled out the supplies needed to make a tent. From then on, with only the dim glow of the campfire to assist, she began to carefully build the tent intended for Kaistern. After a little while she finished and looked over towards the male and grinned. "Finished! Sorry if I took a little too long for your liking."

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 pm
((With all the awesome people on youtube and what not doing awesome Homestuck voice work, my only complaint is that everyone makes Sollux sound nasally and annoying. >_> ))

"'Took too long for my liking'...You sound like one of the servants again, always worrying about 'my liking'." Kaistern said as he stuck out his tongue with a flat expression. "'My liking' is a lot easier to please than people seem to think." he said shaking out his hair like a wet dog before crawling into his tent.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 119 120 121 122 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games