Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
Life is like unicorn poop: colorful and messy. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 am
It's really annoying when guys tell girls that we're making it up. Anyone can make up something being wrong with them {migraines}, but it doesn't mean that people are actually down and out from the legitimate pain.

I don't really have bad cramps. I think once every few months or so I might have a bad day. I've never had to call off because of them though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:06 pm
Digital Fiend
It's really annoying when guys tell girls that we're making it up. Anyone can make up something being wrong with them {migraines}, but it doesn't mean that people are actually down and out from the legitimate pain.

I don't really have bad cramps. I think once every few months or so I might have a bad day. I've never had to call off because of them though.

I knew a kid in high school who got expelled for absences. They didn't care that he had class III migraine disorder. He ended up home schooled. I don't know what happened after that.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Digital Fiend

I knew a kid in high school who got expelled for absences. They didn't care that he had class III migraine disorder. He ended up home schooled. I don't know what happened after that.

I've had 2 migraines in my lifetime *knocks on wood*. I feel so sorry for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 pm
One of those days, again. More complaints and recriminations.

Recrimination #1: I'm not working.

I ended up printing out several job ads from everywhere I've tried applying, just to shut them the hell up. At least half of them state openly that if you don't have your own vehicle you're not going to be considered. As for the others, I know better than to trust the local public transportation. Plus, competition for spots is fierce, and requirements are getting ridiculous. Who needs a B.A./B.S. to be a receptionist?

Complaint #2: I'm not looking for a husband, either.

You'd think that after my last date they'd get that decent men are in short supply in this area! I am NOT on the market for some creepy 40 to 50-something looking for a trophy wife, I am NOT interested in some 30-something jerk who thinks he can boss a younger wife around, I am not even interested in 20-somethings, since (as a category, individuals cases may vary) they don't have their s**t together yet.

Never mind Nick. He's not under discussion here. I am.

I don't even think I want to get married. EVER.

I want to travel, see new places and new faces. I want to learn to go bowhunting, learn to play bass guitar, I want to camp out under the stars on a clear night away from civilization and lose myself in a starry sky.

I want to be free...

but I'm trapped here.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm
*Huggles* Being stuck in frikkin' limbo sucks. No places want to hire people without college degrees, yet even people with college degrees have no luck finding jobs now a days. My poor friend has been looking for a teaching position for 2 years with no luck.

What kind of places have you looked for work? Are there any temp agencies near by that can help you out?

As for the husband thing, they're overrated. talk2hand

J/k, but marriage isn't for everyone and isn't the cure all pill for happiness. As annoying as it is to have to listen to that crap, at least they can't force you into one.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 pm
Digital Fiend

I've been looking for just about anywhere except fast food places. I can't work in one because the smells will give me headaches (the reason I only ever order to go). Mostly small businesses, dental/medical/other offices, retail stores, and so on. The temp agencies I've sent resumés to haven't called me back - except one, and I turned it down because they wanted half my first month's pay as commission.

I live in a suburb with the nearest bus stop over a mile away and their schedule is blatant lies. I need a car, but they won't let me have one. They've said plainly that if I have a car they will buy it, or I won't be on their insurance. I can't afford to insure a car and put gas in the tank.

This is all about control, really. They want me to live the way they see fit... only if I can't get out there, how can I meet someone and get married and s**t? I used to meet interesting guys when I worked at the bookstore. Never dated any, though, my bosses discouraged it.

*SIGH*  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Not to be kind of bitchy, but is there any way that you can just use a car that they get you, then when you get on your feet tell them thanks, but no thanks?

Just wondering.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 pm
Digital Fiend
Gigi Deveraux

Not to be kind of bitchy, but is there any way that you can just use a car that they get you, then when you get on your feet tell them thanks, but no thanks?

Just wondering.

Nope. They'll let me use one of theirs, when they get back from work (him) or volunteering at Church functions (her), but not get even a beater for me to use.

Before you ask, I'd rather go in front of a firing squad than join in those Church activities. Holier-than-thou old biddies who pass the time tearing apart anyone who doesn't act the way the old bags think they should be acting are not my idea of desirable company.

Is it too late to run away and join the circus?  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:53 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Wasn't even going to suggest it. It's not like you can ride with her and then pick her up later.

What did they say when you showed them the articles that stated you had to have a car?

It's never too late.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm
Digital Fiend
Wasn't even going to suggest it. It's not like you can ride with her and then pick her up later.

What did they say when you showed them the articles that stated you had to have a car?

It's never too late.

I wish I could... but she often drives some of the crones around.

They didn't say anything, mostly ignored it to go into their spiel about how I should concentrate on finding a husband if I'm not working.

It's so tempting...  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 pm
Gigi Deveraux

I wish I could... but she often drives some of the crones around.

They didn't say anything, mostly ignored it to go into their spiel about how I should concentrate on finding a husband if I'm not working.

It's so tempting...

Hopefully we can both find seasonal work. Are there any haunted houses that go on near you that you can apply for?

What about grocery stores or places like movie theaters?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 pm
Digital Fiend
Hopefully we can both find seasonal work. Are there any haunted houses that go on near you that you can apply for?

What about grocery stores or places like movie theaters?

Ohm trust me, I'm looking at anything and everything. I haven't seen any haunted house ads yet, though. Those will probably be out on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm seriously thinking of going to Grandpa's early on Friday, just to get out of this house. I could use beating on an old rug to vent my frustrations.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Ohm trust me, I'm looking at anything and everything. I haven't seen any haunted house ads yet, though. Those will probably be out on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm seriously thinking of going to Grandpa's early on Friday, just to get out of this house. I could use beating on an old rug to vent my frustrations.

I don't doubt it. Of course, even if you do find it, it'll only be temporary, but it'll be something. And more to put on the resumé. Have you made one at all?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 pm
Digital Fiend
I don't doubt it. Of course, even if you do find it, it'll only be temporary, but it'll be something. And more to put on the resumé. Have you made one at all?

I have. Sent it to every temp/hiring agency in the area, loaded it onto Monster and Careerbuilder, the works.

I'm going to start looking near where Grandpa lives. It might get a bit cramped there, but if I need to crash there workdays, so be it. I don't think he'd mind sso much if I'm there because I got a job...  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Digital Fiend

I have. Sent it to every temp/hiring agency in the area, loaded it onto Monster and Careerbuilder, the works.

I'm going to start looking near where Grandpa lives. It might get a bit cramped there, but if I need to crash there workdays, so be it. I don't think he'd mind sso much if I'm there because I got a job...

People generally are. Having a job is like having worth in life to almost everyone.  
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games