Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm
I thought of angels,
Choking on their halos-
Get them drunk on rose water;
See how dirty I can get them.
Pulling out their fragile teeth;
And clip their tiny wings!

User Image

T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

slytherin โ”‚ first year โ”‚ halfblood

Difficult as it might be to believe, Treva actually rather liked plants and gardening. Not so much that she considered it a hobby or anything, but she liked being outside in the dirt, and her mother always kept plants in the house, many of which were gifts from good old Anti Glenys, the renowned herbologist. Well. Maybe not renowned, but she had yet to send them anything life-threatening yet, and Tad had always been too soft to turn down a gift from his big sister. However, this class was too good a chance to pass up, and the more she looked at Professor Hill, the more excited about the future she got. "Treva Warlow, Slytherin," she said, sunnily, despite the fact that it was the last class of the week and she wanted more than anything to take off this stupid uniform. She sat, and rather eagerly surveyed her surrounding, as if hopeful things might devolve into a cage match before the next bell.

OOC:
Username

Letting people down is my thing-
Baby, find yourself a new gig!
This town ain't big enough for two of us.
I don't have the right name;
Or the right looks...
But I have twice the heart.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:06 pm
If you listen just right, you can almost hear it;
The symphony of secrecy, life, and fear...
The search for love, but finding fear-
Like a moth to the flame we become helpless,
To the beautiful ghost that true love sheds.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

๐š•๐šข๐š๐š’๐šŠ
๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ
๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š›

muggleborn โ”‚ first year โ”‚ hufflepuff

Lydia had been almost looking forward to this class, given the fact that she knew it dealt exclusively with plants, and she didn't really see how a plant could be 'magical'. She didn't love gardening, but she'd done plenty of it with her mum, and while the professor's intense demeanor was very intimidating, it wasn't too different from her dad's, and although she had a very healthy dose of fear when it came to her father, it was nearly comforting. "Lydia Spencer, Hufflepuff," she said meekly when it was her turn to stand, and then sat back down. It was the last class of the week, she reminded herself, and felt a little less uncomfortable and uneasy.

OOC:
Username

We all are running our very own races,
Set upon the most dangerous of places.
We are left with a void in our chests we're aching to fill...
The doves come to gather our every need; they lift them up-
To Heaven through the mouths from which we speak.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Anna Adair
Hogwarts Student
Slytherin

Anna walked into the greenhouse, glad she could atleast be on time for this class. She walked to an empty seat and sat down. She looked at the professor, who she thought didn't look like he would be the type to even care about plants. She heard the door lock and the professor speak. When it got to her turn she slowly stood up."Anna Adair, Slytherin."Anna sat back down. She got her supplies out and put them on the table.
OOC:

=Text
=Speech
=Thoughts  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
First YearSlytherin
Family Heir

Location : Herbology - Friday @ 2:00pm

Juliusโ€™ last class of the day was Herbology. It was clear to anyone close to him that plants were not his cup of tea. In fact heโ€™d rather avoid anything that involved dirt. Dirt and dressy clothes never worked well together. But because Herbology was required there he was in the greenhouse dreading it. One look at the professor told him to watch his moves. Professor Hill was no push over and was as strict as they come.

Sitting there Julius had his book set out in front of him and piece of parchment to write notes. Looking to the front he didnโ€™t say a word as he read the rules on the board. Of course Professor Hill would speak them out loud to all those who didnโ€™t care to read. All of it was pretty expected with the look their professor had. The Slytherin didnโ€™t plan to put a toe out of line. Getting into introductions, Julius stood before he stood before speaking his name and house. โ€œJulius Devereux, Slytherin.โ€ He said taking his seat once more. Once that was done they moved onto the first question of class. Julius listened as two of his classmates gave their answers. With nothing more to add, he remained silent.

Status : Unafraid but uncaring
                                                  With : Class...

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OCC : - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:41 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 am
User Image
                                                      ษšSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

SสŸสแด›สœแด‡ส€ษชษด AสŸแดœแดษดษช || Oแดกษดแด‡ส€, Dแดษขแดกแด‡แด‡แด… & Dแด‡แด€แด›สœแด„แด€แด˜s || Hแด‡ส€ส™แดสŸแดษขส Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ษšHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:23 pm
User Image_________________

User Image

It was the last day of the week and Roman was more than ready to kick back, relax, daydream about the favorite TV shows he's missing and lounge around in pajamas all day. But before he could do any of that, he had to get through Herbology class first. Some of the upperclassmen had warned him about Professor Hill already. โ€œDon't talk back,โ€ they all said. But most important, โ€œMerlin help you if you kill anything.โ€ So let's just say he was a bit apprehensive when he realized he was the first one to pop in then found himself a seat in the second row. Other first years started filling the classroom quickly, good. Less attention on him. Roman only perked somewhat when the professor began his lecture, but something about 'dead specimens' piqued his interest enough to wonder, 'We get to play with dead stuff?' He wasn't stupid enough to say that out loud though. But at least he remembered to introduce himself like he'd been asked. โ€Roman Dowling, and uhh, I'm a Gryffindor.โ€ Though he didn't know why he had to say it. Didn't the stupid red robe, red tie, and red trim sweater give it away?

โˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆท
ใ€WHEN:: Friday, 2:00 โ€“ 2:45pm ใ€‘
ใ€WHERE:: Herbology Greenhouse ใ€‘
ใ€WITH WHO:: First Years' ใ€‘

โˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆทโˆท

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:18 pm
He's a real nowhere man,
Sitting in his nowhere land...
Making all his nowhere plans for nobody.
Doesn't have a point of view-
Knows not where he's going to-
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

User Image
แดสส€แดษด
ษดแด€แด›สœแด€ษชส€
สœแด€ส€ษขส€แด€แด แด‡

halfblood โ”‚ first year โ”‚ gryffindor

Myron liked having a class outside, even if it was the only technically, given the fact that they were in a stuffy greenhouse. He didn't really care much about plants- his mam was into gardening, but everything she grew was wild and overgrown and not in the least bit restrained, much like her. The professor was an old hardass, but Myron figured you probably had to be in order to get anyone to take a class like Herbology seriously. They'd probably hired the toughest looking bloke they could find at the time. to ensure it wasn't a bunch of kids running circles around some doddering old granny. "Myron Hargrave, Gryffindor," he said plainly, standing from his seat beside Roman, who looked bored out of his mind. "You need dragonhide gloves, right?"

OOC:
Username

Nowhere Man, please listen;
You don't know what you're missing!
Nowhere Man, the world is at your command...
He's as blind as he can be-
Just sees what he wants to see-
Nowhere Man, can you see me at all?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

BunnyCheeks1114

OG OTP

2,325 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:39 am
User ImageUser Image
Ana was on her way to the next period, Herbology, she was pretty excited for this lesson. Her mother had a garden at home that she tended to filled with magical and non-magical plants. She would be outside on bright sunny days, in gorgeous day dresses pair with thick dragon-hide gloves for when she dealt with the more risky plants. Ana would find herself trekking out there with her on hot days. It was when she truly bonded with her mother. She typically kept closer to the flower beds.

In any case, she knew she would want to be prompt for this class and always prepared. Entering into the greenhouse, she spied a couple others had made there way in before her, two boys,both of Gryffindor. She's seen them previously in other classes. Smiling politely over to them to headed to the other side of the long table that split the greenhouse. She kept her backpack on her shoulders as to not wanting it to get dirty from being on the ground. One by one the rest of the class filed in and stood expectantly as they all awaited the professor to begin speaking. He stared by repeating what he had listed on the board behind him, something Ana had already scanned earlier. From his blunt words and deep tone, she knew this wouldn't be an easy to pass class, even with her previous experience with her mother.

Of course there was always introductions and this class was no different. One by one each students called out their name and house. When it reached Ana's turn she spoke up boldly. "My name is Anastasia Whellworth, and I am of the Hufflepuff house." She stated, brushing a lock of chestnut hair behind her ear showing off her black studded earrings. After all of the students introduced themselves, it was time to get the ball rolling. Every teacher seemed to be on the same page on asking a single open ended question to the class. Professor Hill was no different in that aspect. For the strangest reason, Ana chose to keep quiet for this question. She knew that dragon-hide gloves and ear muffs were the starting point. There were also two types of dung commonly used, dragon and mooncalf. They were used as fertilizer and compost. Although, she wasn't entirely sure if that would be all of the equipment Professor Hill would require. So it's best to sit this question out and wait for a stable answer.

๏ผ†๏ผ†BLOOD :: Pureiiii๏ผ†๏ผ†HOUSE :: Hufflepuffiiii๏ผ†๏ผ†YEAR :: Firstiiii๏ผ†๏ผ†LOCATION :: Herbologyiiii
                                      ๏ผ†๏ผ†COMPANY :: Studentsiiii๏ผ†๏ผ†MOOD :: Intriguediiii๏ผ†๏ผ†OUTFIT ::B&Y

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:11 pm
User Image
I don't have time for dancin'
That's just gonna have to wait a while
Ain't got time for messin' around
And it's not my style...

Herbology was not going to be Calliandra's favorite class. It started with being forced to walk down to the greenhouses, which she didn't care for. If she wanted to spend time outside, she would find a nice quiet garden on a sunny day, not trudge through the grounds with all the other first years. And she didn't care for the mud or mess of plants, either. When she reached the greenhouse, she found a severe looking teaching with a by-now familiar list of rules on the board.

Calliandra didn't worry too much about the rules, instead finding a place away from the Gryffindors and the Hufflepuff, who Calliandra recognized as Anastasia Whellworth, who had answered the question in DADA earlier in the week. Calliandra waited her way through other students' introductions, which she had heard before, before sharing her own. "Calliandra Acton, of Slytherin." She didn't even try the question, though she had a small list of needs in her head already. She just didn't feel confident enough to say it out loud, not in Herbology. As soon as she finished speaking, Calliandra went back to looking at the plants around her. Don't think about it as taking care of plants. Think about it like an extra potions class, learning about ingredients. Maybe then you can at least get through this with a decent grade.

And I'm almost there
I'm almost there
People down here think I'm crazy
But I don't care...

OOC: Say anything.
Company: First Years
Wearing: School robes
Thinking:I can do this. I know it.

Caedmon68

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:18 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
First Year Hufflepuff

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 11 years old...

Gertieโ€™s last class of the week was herbology and the young girl was excited. She couldnโ€™t wait to enjoy working with all the different plants. Walking into the greenhouse that afternoon, her professor didnโ€™t scare her at all. There was nothing scary about him. No, not to Gertieโ€ฆ Professor Hill was a new and interesting person. Adult he may be but thatโ€™s all she saw him as. Bouncing on the balls of her feet the Hufflepuff waited in anticipation for class to begin.

As Professor Hill began to explain his rules, Gertie listened as best she could. She was way too excited but wanted to be good. When he asked if any of his rules were unclear, the Hufflepuff shook her little red head. The girl stood when it was time for her to introduce herself. โ€œIโ€™m Gertie Adelwood, Hufflepuff sir.โ€ She told him before jumping into the fun part. Answering questions! Myron mentioned the class needing gloves. There were certainly other things. โ€œI always thought the plants tell you want they need or want? Like good soil or a little trim.โ€ She answered before adding. โ€œI suppose our books might be handy tooโ€ฆ Not sure if we need our wands thoughโ€ฆโ€ Ending her thoughts out loud she sat back down. She tried.

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

With: Class...

OOC: ---

User Image

No one's doubting your brains or creativity
But it's your heart I'm interested in
Ravenclaw's nice, but I believe you'll flourish best in
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€Š Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹
ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€Š Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹
ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€Š Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹
ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€Š I just want some action so gimme my turn ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹

Charlie was pleasantly excited for this class, he enjoyed tending the garden with his mom so a class about magic gardening? Sure why not! A few classmates warned him the teacher was a mean one. Charlie didn't mind, he had strict no-nonsense teachers before. He arrived a bit close for comfort and sat by Gertie, after her it was his time to talk. "I'm Charlie Antunez and I'm a Hufflepuff. As for tools, gloves so we don't rip out hand apart and well the tools used on the plant would all depend on what it needs right? Not going to dig up a plant when you need to prune it." He said shrugging at the end and sitting down. Probably not the right answer but hey it was true right?

ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€ŠLike a Chinese drama and conspiracyใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹
ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€ŠIt's the death of a nuclear family staring up at youใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹
ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€ŠIt's looking like another bad comedyใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹
ใ€Šใ€Šใ€Šใ€ŠJust as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me tooใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹ใ€‹

murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Professor Foxtrot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:53 pm
User Image
Andy O'Farrell

first year // ravenclaw // muggle-born // gender-fluid

Andy was smiling when they walked into the greenhouse for their first Herbology lesson. Honestly, they adored being around plants. They found it very calming, all of the fragrances and green goodness. Their professor, however, seemed a very stern sort, and so their happiness was abated just a bit when they layed their eyes on him. When it was their turn, they stood up quietly. "My name is Andy O'Farrell, Professor. Ravenclaw." And they sat down.

Andy's gender wasn't entirely obvious based on their appearances, though they did sport a male set of the Ravenclaw uniform. They just hoped that people didn't actually come up and ask the if they were a boy or a girl... That conversation was always a little bit uncomfortable. Andy was simply Andy. Was anything else really that important? They certainly didn't think so.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:19 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:23 pm
User Image
                                                      ษšSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image

SสŸสแด›สœแด‡ส€ษชษด Hแด‡แด€แด… แด๊œฐ Hแดแดœsแด‡ || Oแดกษดแด‡ส€, Dแดษขแดกแด‡แด‡แด… & Dแด‡แด€แด›สœแด„แด€แด˜s || Hแด‡ส€ส™แดสŸแดษขส Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ษšHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff