Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 pm
@ Shi:

Round 1
31 - Usagi Ichi, Full Defense Stance, +17 to defense until Round 2
20 - Daidoji Chikuma, Attack Stance
17 - Shi, Full Attack Stance, 1 damage.

--------------------

Ichi begins to freak. "D-D-D-Daidojisanpleasedon'tI'msorry!" She would blurt out quickly, and then start doing this freakish bobbing-and-weaving thing that made it kind of blurry to look at her, due to massive defensive dice explosions.

Chikuma was well-trained enough to get two attacks in, in the span that it took one of you to get one, so she'd swat at the Matrix-bunny, then at Shi. Chikuma doesn't play favorites.

Attack vs Ichi: 28 vs 37, not even close. Whiff!
Attack vs Shi: 27 vs 15, hits! EDIT: vs 5, it seems!
Damage vs Shi: 11 1 damage, due to void called for damage reduction.

Chikuma's fist swings through nothing but net air against Ichi, then turns and manages to land a blow against Shi, but he turned in such a way that she impacted something unimportant.

Shi, you're up! Note that you spent that void point!  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 0 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 0 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 0 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 1 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 0 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 0 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 0 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 0 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 0 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 0 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 0 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 0 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would kind of sweatdrop a bit, tilting her head slightly in embarrassment. "H-Himura-san... I think the point of the game is to do exactly that." Gendo, you aren't sure if you've won any points by suggesting that you avoid playing the game and do everything involved in playing the game instead.

She won't say any more on the matter for now, instead walking with you, behind and slightly to the side. She doesn't really seem to be paying much attention to her surroundings.

You continue to simply explore and observe; nothing jumps out at you yet, but you have a second banked raise now.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"Himura-san, please," Ruri would say lowly, brow lowered in mock-anger. "I may be a priestess, but I am still Mantis. What makes you think I'd turn away an opportunity for sake?" She'd stick her tongue out at him, before composing herself and examine the parchments.

Ruri would c**k her head and look thoughtful. "The... best thing? What an odd question. Hmm...." Soon, she would simply look at him and just kind of shrug. "While I can debate philosophy on this with you, do we really need the 'best' one? It's kind of a race, any one will do."

Naohiko, with an apparent 13, not 18, by my count, you find a parchment which you think would be suitable for something blessed. Ruri promptly busts a gut and starts laughing, going for her fan and even dropping it.

"N-N-NAOHIKO! THAT'S... THAT'S A SIGN THAT THE PRIEST WILL BE BACK IN AN HOUR!" She's tearing up, and braces against the wall as she continues to laugh. She raises a shaky hand and points at a different charm "TH-TH-THAT ONE," she recommends to the best of her ability.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi, despite all things, seemed to be quite enjoying himself, watching you lead them into one dead end after another. "Well... this definitely has the word 'Benten' in the name of the establishment. I don't think it's the religious kind of place though... maybe asking those adolescents wasn't the best approach..."

Shoichi would backtrack out out the alley and looked around. "... wait, where in Jigoku are we, anyways?"

You certainly found... something... but you don't think it's the type of place you want to go to for a scavenger hunt. You did find a banked Free Raise, though!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 3, 4, 4 Total: 20 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 pm
"Maybe, but I like how I put it." He grins, then continues his wandering. "In the meantime, tell me. What do you enjoy?"

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 9  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:48 pm
The bushi would let out a sigh. "Religion's never been my thing." Naohiko said as he picked up the item indicated by the Moshi. "Apparently neither is reading comprehension. Is there anything else you think we can obtain here? " Ah well. Kraken, the Clan of Clowns, it seems....atleast Ruri was enjoying his presence after a fashion.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:34 am
"Hmm... I'm inclined to agree. Who knew it would be so hard to find a temple to Benten in a Crane city." she responded, less irritated and more bewildered, with equal parts nervousness at the place they'd found themselves. "And I honestly haven't a clue."

At least until she let out a little, melodic laugh. "We might could get a piece of art from such a place, and perhaps a geisha as something worth dueling over. I wonder which of our hosts would feint of embarrassment first."

[Perception/Investigation (Search) 3k2 + 2 to find a Temple to Benten (free raise for +5) vs TN 20 = 39]  
PupSage rolled 20 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 3, 8, 8, 1, 2, 4, 2, 4, 7, 6, 9, 8, 10, 2, 6, 5, 2, 9 Total: 107 (20-200)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:37 am
(Since we had that talk last night, rolling on my actual turn now.
1/3 void left, 1 dmg taken.)

Ditching the armor destroying plan for the moment, Shi began to gauge the gravity of this fight. Maybe if he hit hard enough he could not have to worry about the armor altogether, after all, force traveled through armor even if blades did not.

----------------------------------
7k4 Attack:
1, 10, 3, 8, 8, 1, 2,
4k3 Dmg:
4, 2, 4, 7,
Explosion Additions:
Total: 16+8+8+3=35
DMG:
15 -3 reduction from armor so 12  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:51 pm
(I just want to say, I'm instantly a fan of players posting their dice results that way now. Nothing I'd ever force on anyone, but if I were to play L5R, I'd do it the same way now.)

@ Shi:

Round 2
31 - Usagi Ichi, Defense Stance, +4 to defense until Round 3, 9 damage, Healthy
20 - Daidoji Chikuma, Full Attack Stance, 12 damage, Healthy
17 - Shi, Full Attack Stance, 6 damage, Healthy

--------------------

Shi, you would rear back, and then slam into Chikuma with a mighty blow! She seems to take it though without flinching, not even slowing down.

"HEYSTOPATTACKINGEACHOTHER!" Ichi would shout kind of angrily. She would slow down, taking a partial defensive stance and she would try to interpose herself between Shi and Chikuma.

Chikuma would hesitate but for a moment, uttering simply, "Ah, you're one of those." Then, she would use her stature to duck beneath Shi's reach, aiming to deliver a crushing blow when he least expected it.

Chikuma adopts the Full Attack stance
Attack vs Shi: 30 vs Shi's Armor TN -10 (his stance) +10 (2 raises for Feint) = hit (beats his TN by 15, so +7 damage)
Damage vs Shi: 8+7 = 15 damage.

She would then backpedal right back, turning to deliver a powerful chop to Ichi's midsection.
Attack vs Ichi: 31 vs 24+5 (1 raise for increased damage), hit (BARELY).
Damage vs Ichi: 19, reduced to 9 when she spends a void point.

She stumbles back, barely able to react in time to being taken out by a single blow and step back just enough to not collapse, though she still gripped her gut in pain.

Shi, you're up!

EDIT Hit points adjusted for latest void point expenditure.  
PupSage rolled 15 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 1, 8, 3, 4, 2, 2, 5, 3, 3, 1, 2, 5, 7 Total: 61 (15-150)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:07 pm
(Last void point gone to soak damage.)

This was looking hopeless. And honestly neither of them deserved to be in the middle of this. "Ichi, Run." He rushed at the Daidoji and attempted to grapple her. This was obviously a losing fight for him with Ichi not helping and him being obviously outclassed in speed. So it was better for him to at least let her get away. Maybe earn his trust before this samurai beat his poor peasant brains into his skull.

--------------
8k4 full attack grapple
6, 9, 1, 8, 3, 4, 2, 2
5k2 Jiujitsu + strength to keep control
5, 3, 3, 1, 2,

Initiate grapple: 27
Keep Control: 8  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:00 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 1 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 0 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 0 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 0 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 0 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 0 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 0 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 0 items collected

@ Gendo:

Suzume Kiyo would light up for a moment when you ask her of her interests. "I... I was told by Okaasan that samurai weren't interested in such things!" she would state at first, seemingly flustered for a few moments. She did compose herself though. "Well, sure, if you are truly interested in knowing..."

"As you probably know, the Suzume family is charged with overseeing the sanctity of the Golden Sun Plains, declared sacrosanct by the Emperor over 800 years ago. However, the Suzume do not reside on nor utilize the land of the Golden Sun Plains, but instead, on the area we calle Suzume Hills, overlooking those Plains. While the Plains themselves are probably the most fertile land in all the Empire, the Hills are rather barren and it is extremely difficult to grow anything there. Yet, the Suzume have cultivated enough to sustain ourselves without trade all these centuries. Of course, like any proper Rokugani, we do grow some rice, it is a staple food after all. Though it's not necessarily the safest to drink, there are some spots of pooled water that are suitable for rice growing, but we also have a fairly reliable well plus there's a river not too far away that lasts from winter until about late summer. There's actually quite a lot of food that can grow in the environment we have to work with, including things like potatoes and yams. I'm not sure if this would come as a surprise but one thing the Suzume aren't well known for but should be is the quality stew recipes we have. There's a lot of different possible stew combinations you could work with, and trust me, its hit or miss with a lot of misses, some are just really really good with the right spices and some love. There's a lot of things we forage for food too, but that can be trickier due to snakes, there's a lot of extremely venomous snakes near where we live. Oh, and bears too. Not to say that the bears of venomous, mind you, but they like to forage too and are quite picky about sharing. Kayoko and I have a pretty solid routine down for when and where to look for certain things along the mountain passes. While we have the basics in kenjutsu training, we aren't terribly adept bushi, mind you, we honestly spend most of our time doing more of the laborous stuff that is required of us by our Clan. We'll be heading back from Winter Court a little early, and the trek is probably going to be a bit arduous through the snow, Suzume Hills isn't really known for it's gentle weather so we'll be fine. That way, we can be ready to start tilling the land and planting the cold-season crops like onions, carrots, and peas. We have to get to it early, so we can get the maximum amount of yields from it before the temperature gets too warm, which doesn't actually happen until later than most of the region, which is due to the elevation where we live and work. The ground should only be partially thawed by the time we get to work, so we really do have to work hard to clear the way and break through to plant the seeds we need to. There's a whole lot of hard work that's required, you should see Kayoko and I's hands, they aren't all that particularly delicate-looking, even compared to experienced samurai-ko who walk the way of the sword for many years. Not that I'd actually show you, that would be far too embarrassing. But after we do get back we have to get those first sets of crops planted, which will be a few weeks of very little sleep and many many hours of labor, then we have to immediately begin culling away the growth of plants because we have so little land to work with, we can't afford to yield any ground to weeds and shrubs. The plants themselves are actually quite stubborn and aggressive, it's even a bit of an old wives' tale that they're actually cursed but I think that's something the heimin we work alongside believe, I don't actually believe it for one second - but I can certainly see where they would get the notion! Speaking of, I forgot to mention, there's actually some very rare mushrooms that grow up the mountain some, and they can actually make you quite sick, but there's one heimin woman named Natsuki who can make a very tasty grilled shiitake meal that we often provide for our most honored guests, it's usually very well received, and, to be honest, far exceeds the expectations of what most of the samurai class expects that we can provide for them with our meager options, which just goes to show you exactly how much effort goes into farming our lands. Our recipes may be simple, but I think they are the accomplishment of my people I am most proud of, because I feel it stands as a testament of what eight hundred years of raw technique can yield."

Kiyo would look inquisitively at Gendo. "What about you?"

Another free raise banked as you continue to walk and talk.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri eventually composes herself, picking up her fan and waving the dust off of it. "Hee hee... I'm s-sorry, Himura-san, my... hee... my behavior was uncalled for." She carefully wipes away a tear from each eye, and chuckles a few more times.

"Yes, I gathered that. You should really think about it though. It's fine to live by the sword and die by the sword, but if that's all your life will amount to, you may find it a bit lacking in the end. Getting to understand your role in the cycle of birth and rebirth, and the eternal search to reach enlightenment, will leave you with a surprising amount of closure and hope when your time comes." Ruri would smile a bit, then look over her shoulder.

"Though there's this one woman, Isawa Kasuga... she does follow her discipline, I'll give her that, and she's skilled at speaking the kami, but she usually is interested in two things: showboating, and improving her skills for next time. Why, I heard she's had strings pulled on her behalf to instigate skirmishes simply so she can increase the glory attributed to her name. I'm sure that's a gross exaggeration but... well, it's what I've heard. You probably wouldn't want to turn to someone like that for spiritual guidance, Himura-san."

She would look over your shoulder. "What's our next destination, you think?"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Uh... well... there isn't any stipulation against something like that..." Shoichi would awkwardly reply. Kaichiyo, you get the impression that he's having a hard time getting a bead on if you're serious or not.

One Free Raise spent

As you two walked the streets, you two would find your way to one of Kyuden Kakita's many many temples dedicated to Benten, drawn in by the distant sound of a woman roflcoptering.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 10, 9, 5 Total: 37 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 pm
Gendo would just listen to it all, nodding as appropriate. Not exactly what he wanted from his question. "I'm the clan's weaponsmith, by trade. Being relatively new still, there's not many who can do such crafts. My father was my teacher, though I know not exactly where he learned. We're more of a fishing place though, since we were charged with gathering and cultivating of the blowfish of the island's waters. As for other pass-times, dueling and some form of artistry are common among the samurai, due to the Clan Founder. For example, my interest in poetry."

Coughing lightly, he'd lean forward to look at her. "I will say, I'm not used to the cold weather, really. To live in a chilly place and all, you are really remarkable."

Raise spent to lower TN by 5.

Edit: Looking for - Something Blessed.

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 27  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 6, 3, 4, 7 Total: 28 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 am
Naohiko waited for the woman to get it out of her system. "I accept your apology. I thank you for thinking of my enlightenment, Ruri-san.I trust belonging to a family full of shugenja has given you a discerning eye in such matters. As for us poor Kraken, when my brother reaches his gempukku, we will have two such individuals to help guide us and tend to the needs of the kami!"

The Kraken thought on this for a minute. "Didn't Doji-no-kami have a thing for biwa? I remember something from my mother's tales about Kakita, Doji, and a biwa."

OOC:
Perception/Investigation 4k2+3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Objective: Find a biwa
TN: 25
Results: 17
Dice Chosen: 4,4,6  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 5 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:19 pm
The little Kraken gave a light chuckle to herself at the Spider's confusion. Even his sense of humor was foreign. Well, on the bright side it meant that it wouldn't take him long to breach the delicate structure of Rokugani etiquette and give her the the opportunity to chase him off with steel.

It didn't take much searching at all to find the Temple from there, guided by a strange, ominous laughter that should have told them it was time to go the other way. Still, this was a indeed a temple, with a plethora of items that could match their search.

"Well, let's start with the obvious." she stated, making her way to where she imagined the charm box would be, and waving pleasantly at Naohiko and his Hyena-err... Mantis partner as they passed. Likely a step or more ahead of her, unfortunately, but the day was still young.

[Intelligence/Lore: Temples (or Fortunes?) untrained 3k3 to find a Charm to Benten vs. TN?? = 14]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:01 am
(I just want to say, I'm instantly a fan of players posting their dice results that way now. Nothing I'd ever force on anyone, but if I were to play L5R, I'd do it the same way now.)

@ Shi:

Round 3
31 - Usagi Ichi, Attack Stance, 13 damage, Nicked
20 - Daidoji Chikuma, Attack Stance, 17 damage, Healthy
17 - Shi, Attack Stance, 10 damage, Healthy, Prone

--------------------

Shi, you successfully grasp the smaller woman, confident of your hold on her to keep her from moving!

"What? No! I'mnothelpless!" she would say, instead attempting to land a solid kick in the back of Chikuma!

Jiujutsu Strike, with 2 raise for damage, vs TN 10-10+10! 29 to hit.
Damage: 8-3 = 5 damage.

The kick is solid, but Chikuma barely budges from the impact. Instead, she masterfully takes control of the grapple with minimal effort in her attack stance.

Jiujutsu control: 47 vs 8.

Then, she gracefully turns in place, picking Shi up over her head and throwing him directly into Ichi!

Throw is free complex as part of being in control of a grapple, but still going to call for a roll to hit: 30 vs 20, hits.
I'll assume a person is +1k0 damage, and I'll divide damage equally between both opponents: 8 damage, so 4 each to Ichi and Shi.

Chikuma seemingly effortlessly hurls Shi into the attacking Ichi, sending the latter stumbling back and the former to the floor. Shi, you are currently prone! Ichi cries out in surprise as she stumbled back. Currently the grapple is broken.

Shi, you have initiative!  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:25 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 1 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 0 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 0 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 1 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 1 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 1 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 1 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 1 items collected

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You and Kiyo walk for a bit, before you find a bulletin board of sorts. The wooden wall has little wishes scribed on paper, from those of love to those of health to those of a good harvest next year. An old monk was standing before it, offering prayers. He had been from the moment you saw him, until now, a few minutes after you arrived to see what he was doing.

He then reaches up to pull off the wishes, one by one, until the majority of them were gone - those of love and romance. The rest were left behind.

The monk turns to size up the two of you, and smiling knowingly, without saying anything. Kiyo blushes slightly. The monk would then turn and walk away, obviously done his duties.

However, one of the parchments he had pulled off had slipped from the collection he carried, and the light breeze blows it against a nearby post.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You depart the temple of Benten, Ruri in tow. "Eh, just because one bears the name Moshi doesn't mean you necessarily have the gift to speak to the kami. I mean, yeah, both my sisters and I can, but none of my first cousins can," she explains.

You two begin to instrument-hunt, but have yet to find something nearby. You bank a raise, though!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Well, you study all the different charms, and none really jump out at you as the charm - at least, not for the purpose of a scavenger hunt. Would something generic do? You weren't even sure.

You can either take any, or try a second time to gauge a better option that's less likely to be rejected.

Shoichi, who also gets a 14, observes. "I think... that they wouldn't be picky either way," Shoichi would say, giving his two zeni on the matter. "This is a race, after all." Truthfully, he seems bothered at himself for not being able to gauge their worth more accurately.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:30 am
"Well, we just saw a monk blessing these, correct? He picks up the paper that was dropped, holding it so they could both see what it was.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games