Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noname 51

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 am
Twisting, pulling, pushing, and with a lot of luck; Shayne's hands are finally freed(unless if a Nat20 doesn't mean instant success, if it does, then ignore the rest.), and like all illwell-thought out plans of his life, his first action was a sleep spell. "I don't need my staff to be dangerous!"

Move action: FREEDOM! Standard: Sleep centered on N,18 Nat20+7 vs Will R1 22 vs Will R2 9 vs Twyla Will 24 vs Valac will Target is slowed(on hit or miss) save ends, On hit, first failed save; target becomes Unconscious instead of slowed.

side note: No equipment  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 am
Kuori headed towards the trees to skirt the forrest. (I29) She fired two more arrows at the archer that had hit her, designating him as her quarry. Best to take out both archers first.

19 vs A1 AC
25 vs A1 AC

Twin strike, hunters quarry, move to I29
if 1 hit, 11 dmg, if both hit +2 more  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:08 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders Slowed, save ends
Bandit Ensnarer:cover
Bandit Archers: partial cover
Valac: HP 27/57 Restrained, save ends; bloodied;Slowed, save ends ; Regen 2
Shayne: HP 41/41
Kuori: HP 30/43
Bandit Boss:
Abby:
Revenge: HP 53/53
Twyla: HP 32/42
Prone

As Valac transforms into a much more terrifying form, his greatsword finds its mark and delivers a blow to R1 just as grievous as the one he received.

Shayne manages to wiggle out of the clumsy binds the bandits had put on him and is no longer helpless. He manages to cast his spell quite accurately from confines of his cage. Both bandits raiders and Valac look a little drowsy and feel their movements slow.

As Kuori lets her arrows fly, the archer manages to dodge one, but the other strikes him in his thigh, whereupon he grunts in pain.

The bandit boss hoists his greatclub to his shoulder and shouts at Shayne. "I told you not to get involved!" He then looks to one of his archers. "Ravagen, make him a pin cushion." The boss then strides forward up to Twyla. He looks down menacingly at the gnome. "Out of the way, shrimp." The bandit boss then kicks Twyla punting her back one square and knocking her prone. He then shifts into the square she vacated and brings his club down upon Valac, but the demonic tiefling luckily manages to dodge his lumbering attack.

Abby lets out a sigh and calms her horse. "It seems we have no choice but to fight now." Abby jumps off the wagon and runs forward to T24. She stares down the bandit ensnarer... but nothing seems to come of it.

Rain Yupa
You're up.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:43 pm
53/53 hp, Bandit Boss challenged

MOVE ACTION

"What are- no! No no no no! Damn it!" he would hiss as Abby left the safety of the wagon.

He quickly disembarked and moved to follow her, but as she stopped he paused for a second, before turning to his right to face the bandits in the road.

Quote:
Revenge moves 5 squares to P25

MINOR ACTION

He let out a shrill whistle, before calling out to the bandit boss man. "Hey! We have noncombatants traveling with us! If you swear that you and your men will not harm them, I will fight you to your heart's content. You'll find me more of a challenge than some half-asleep egomaniac."

Quote:
Divine Challenge on the Bandit Boss, marking him.

MOVE ACTION

Rather than position for a flank with Valac, or charge into battle, Revenge simply marches up to the Bandit Boss, halberd in hand, glaring daggers at him, awaiting his response.

Quote:
Revenge moves 4 spaces to P21, engaging the boss.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:07 am
User Image

Twyla

Propelled by the bandit boss' boot, Twyla flew over the ground and skidded painfully to a stop behind Valac, her shoulder stinging from where she'd been shot. This is getting out of hand fast, she thought, as she watched tiny spots of Valac's fiery blood land in the dust of the road. Heroes don't get punted! I have to do something!

In a fury of tiny rage, Twyla forgot to even try to stand up. "No one punts Twyla Rosanna Oxana Raphaella Marcella Honeysuckle JANE!" she snarled. Writhing around on the ground to get at her foe, Twyla began to sing her bard's song.

"Friends, take heart! Don't be scared!
"Meanies like this aren't rare!
"We be heroes, yes indeed!
"Rally now behind my lead!!"

Her words were... silly... yet the conviction in them felt quite magical.

And with that, she made a wild stab at the same boot that had sent her sailing through the air.

"Feel my wrath, thou vile whelp!
"And as for Valac, feel my help!"

Her words seemed almost to shimmer in the air, and Valac would feel his wounds begin to close.

((Twyla activates Skald's Aura (minor), attacks the boss (29 vs AC, 11 damage), and heal Valac using Skald's Aura (minor). Valac can spend a healing surge +3 hp. Twyla remains prone.))  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:57 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders
Valac: HP 28/57 Restrained, save ends; bloodied;Slowed, save ends ; Regen 2
Kuori: HP 20/43 bloodied
Bandit Boss:
Abby:
Revenge: HP 44/53 Restrained, save ends
Twyla: HP 20/42bloodied

As the Paladin strides up to the bandit boss and makes his challenge he gets scoffed at. "Ha. You have me wrong buddy. I ain't looking for a fight but I'll sure as well give ya one. Unless you all surrender now and hand over your wagon you all are good as dead." Still, the bandit did seem to have a little gleam in in his eye, almost as if he was excited at the prospect of fighting Revenge.

Twyla then sings as she stabs the boss in the foot. "Oww! that hurt! And what kind of song is that!" However despite its silliness Valac feels rejuvenated by it and heals 15HP. However, the Bandit Raider R2 then smacks Valac with his maul for 14 damage. Bandit Raider R1 then sees the Gnome laying on the ground hits her across the back with his maul for 12 damage. Both bandits seem to shake off their sleepiness and become more alert.

The Bandit reaper takes out out another bola and slings it at Revenge. It strikes him for 9 damage and wraps around his feet, restraining him.

The Archer next to Kuori shoots her in the chest with an arrow for 10 damage, bloodying her. The second archer shoots at Shayne but the arrow embeds itself in one of the cages wooden bars.

((Did not have a chance to update the map yet. Revenge is on P21, otherwise no one else moved. ))

Mongooseh
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:18 pm
User Image

Twyla

"Ow! How could you?!" Twyla cried. She twisted on the ground suddenly, fingers flying in a spell, and then she instantly disappeared from sight.

((Twyla uses Fade Away as an immediate reaction to being hit. She is invisible until she attacks or until the end of her next turn.))  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:42 am
(Regeneration 2 at start of turn.)

A bruise fades away from Valac's hellish hide.

Valac decided to enter a rage and upon unleashing that rage he swung his full blade aiming to cleave through all his enemies. Shouting a war cry in abyssal as he did so.

(Standard Action Rage of the Crimson hurricane to hits R1=12, R2=19 and BB=24. If the 19 hits 18 damage if the 24 hits 16 damage and I'd like to trigger both feral rejuvenation to spend a healing surge for 12 hp and Black Wrath of hell to hurt him for a further 9 and takes a -4 if he is to hit me. Also due to crimson ongoing 5 damage saves end.)

Then Valac feeling drowsy and about to fall over decided to try and get one last powerful swing in at the bandit boss but failed (Starting action point spent. Most likely miss due to super low roll vs fort).

He then failed to untangle his feet but the extra fighting he did seem to reinvigorate him and rebuff the sleep spell encroaching his mind.

"FIRST THE BANDITS THEN YOU!"
Shouted Valac pointing his sword at the wizard.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Noname 51

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:44 am
"Right sit quietly and wait to be Sold or die to a merry band of hell-spawn," Shayne shouted back to the boss, "I will take my chances in a fight, Scarfu..." the wizard silenced himself as an arrow came way to close for comfort.

"Focus Shaye,"Focusing his energy, Shayne used Magic Missile on the door of his cage.

Magic Missile Damage 7  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:54 pm
Initiative order
Bandit Raiders ongoing 5, save ends
Valac: HP 42/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Bandit Boss: ongoing 5, save ends; -4 to attack Valac, save ends
Abby:
Revenge: HP 44/53 Restrained, save ends
Twyla: HP 20/42bloodied; Invisible

Both the Raiders manage to dodge the brunt of Valac's attack though they still feel the affect of it. Valac does however mange to deal a nasty blow to the boss giving him hesitation to strike the beastly looking teifling whose wounds begin to heal before him.

Shayne blasts his cages door with magic missile and though he clearly damages it, the door does not give way.

PupSage
You're up

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:16 pm
Kuori runs forward and fires off another twin shot at A1 and R1. Then she turns to the bandit boss and R2 and gives them a taste of her arrows as well. The arrows flew together until the last moment when it flew over Twyla's prone, invisible body and the second arrow curved towards R2.

(Rolling all dmg to avoid confusion)
Move to I23
Twin Shot:
17 vs A1 for 14 dmg
11 vs R1 for 10 dmg

Action point
Split the Tree
27 vs BB for 17 dmg
27 vs R2 for 13 dmg  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:07 pm
Initiative order
Bandit Raiders ongoing 5, save ends; R2 is dominated
Valac: HP 42/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Bandit Boss: Marked; ongoing 5, save ends; -4 to attack Valac, save ends
Abby:
Revenge: HP 34/53 Restrained, save ends
Twyla: HP 20/42bloodied; Invisible

Kuori, with her blazing speed, rains arrows across the entire field hitting both Raider 2 and the Bandit boss in their torsos.

The boss Bleeds a bit from where Valac had hit him. He then swings his mighty club at Revenge, clanging him in the armor for 10 damage. " He smiles triumphantly after his hit. He still bleeds from his wound.

Abby stares down Raider 2, this time his eyes glaze over and his shoulders droop. Something seems distinctly different about him now.

Rain Yupa
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm
34/53 hp, Bandit Boss challenged

STANDARD ACTION

"Unfortunately, it is not my wagon to give, otherwise I'd probably comply in a heartbeat. Sorry, by the way; my traveling companions apparently don't grasp the concept of an honorable challenge."

Revenge would take his halberd and attempt an under-swing with the blade; he did not hit the boss but managed to free his legs with one slice.

Quote:
Trial of Strength, Saving Throw of 15 to remove Restrained condition. Then a nat 1 on the actual attack roll.

MOVE ACTION

Revenge would then back away from the boss a smidge. "Here, let's get some distance between us and them, so people stop interfering. I'm half-tempted to lay hands on you to show you I don't condone their behavior."

Quote:
Revenge shifts 1 SE to Q22

ACTION POINT

"Little Twyla, where ever you ran off to, do me a favor and protect everyone else. Don't you dare use your magic on me if anyone else has so much as a scratch, you got that?" Revenge would say aloud, before gripping his halberd tightly. "Here's something in the meantime, though." He would attempt one more wide swing, likely getting parried or just being sidestepped; however, it was charged with holy energy, which burst into a bright light of hope which would bolster Revenge's nearby allies, no matter what the blade connected with.

Quote:
Glorious Charge, 15 vs AC which I presume is a miss.. However, Twyla and Valac both regain 4 hit points, regardless of my accuracy or lack thereof.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm
User Image

Twyla

Under the cover of invisibility, Twyla sprang to her feet thanks to her special boots. If the paladin wanted to take matters into his own hands, so much the better for the story she'd have afterwards! She just hoped he knew what he was doing.

Once she got into position, sandwiching one of the big brutes between her and Valac, she took a moment to catch her breath. And to think, she'd once thought of herself as experienced! She was getting kicked and shot and thwacked left and right! Taking a bit of a breather helped calm her, and she refocused on the fight.

As her invisibility flickered away, revealing her new location, she'd laugh. "Oh, Revenge! It's not up to me! My magical song can inspire any of my friends who hears it!"

((This is true! Allies within 5 squares of Twyla can use a minor on their turn to heal themselves with her Skald's Aura (surge + 1d6), or to heal an adjacent ally. You don't have to wait for Twyla to heal you--but there's only one heal left for this fight, so keep that in mind.))

((Twyla stands as a minor, moves to M20 and uses her Second Wind as a standard. Current HP: 30/42 and no longer bloodied.))  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:14 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders R1,ongoing 5, save ends;
Valac: HP 46/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Shayne: HP 35/41
Bandit Boss: Marked; ongoing 5, save ends; -4 to attack Valac, save ends
Abby:
Revenge: HP 34/53
Twyla: HP 34/42

Revenge frees himself from his bonds at Twyla magically reappears on the field behind a bandit. Bandit Raider 1 once gain swings at Valac but misses with his attack. He then shifts to M21. Bandit Raider 2, with a glazed look in his eyes, swings at the Bandit Boss with his maul, but his attack goes wide and misses. The dazed look then fades from his eyes and his wound from Valac stops bleeding.

The Bandit Ensnarer pulls his last bola from his belt and throws it at Twyla, but the deft little gnome ducks and the bola flies over her head into the dirt road.

The two Archers take aim at their perspective targets. A1 shoots at Kuori but the shot goes wide while R2 shoots at Shayne and nails him between the the bars for 6 damage.

Mongooseh
You're up!

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games