Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --!!!--
Welcome Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Another shiny.
  +1
View Results

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:25 pm
AstroZeek
Nidorous

This is what happens when you install Windows 10 as the OS on your airplane...

rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Gremlin" = windows 10
Bugs Bunny = User that disables every damn thing that has to do with windows 10 in the pc
Bomb = PC

3nodding

If you want to watch.
Falling Hare

If you don't:

Bugs is found reclining on a piece of ordnance next to a bomber plane, idly reading Victory Through Hare Power[1] and laughing uproariously at the book’s claim that gremlins wreck American planes through "diabolical sabotage." He immediately encounters one of the creatures, who is experimentally striking the unfused nose of a bomb Bugs is sitting on with a mallet to the tune of “I've Been Working on the Railroad”. Bugs casually asks the gremlin what he’s doing.

Which more or less I think sums up invasive windows 10. whee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:11 pm
Nidorous

Bugs is found reclining on a piece of ordnance next to a bomber plane, idly reading Victory Through Hare Power[1] and laughing uproariously at the book’s claim that gremlins wreck American planes through "diabolical sabotage." He immediately encounters one of the creatures, who is experimentally striking the unfused nose of a bomb Bugs is sitting on with a mallet to the tune of “I've Been Working on the Railroad”. Bugs casually asks the gremlin what he’s doing.

I love old cartoons, I have quite a collection of 16mm I.B Technicolor one's but I've never seen that before.

I think it must have been before they developed the trademark, "What's Up Doc?" The closest to it in that film is ""Eh what's all the hubbub, bub?"

Great Stuff! Thanks for sharing blaugh  

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:21 pm
The s**t that is windows 10.

If you're stuck with this thing and are on a build you semi-like and do not want it screwing with your stuff..., follow along below if you're interested in breaking things with me. emotion_yatta

( I was on build 1709, the POS updated while I was doing something else despite doing all the 'usual tricks' to keep it from updating. After figuring out it snuck in updates on me due to an icon on desktop missing, I had to roll back to prior version of windows. )

Now to assure myself this wouldn't be happening again while I was downloading a game and away from the computer, I went through over the course of 2 nights hunting around and killing anything associated with ANY form of windows updates. Because clearly there is backdoors all over this POS OS.

I'm not writing this to rant, really, I've cussed at windows 10 enough that I think it is out of my system. I'm writing this for anyone that would like to try and do the same to their PC.

I do not know how it will effect every individual computer, nor individual build. Before trying any of this, make a back up and rescue of your PC just in case.
If you're not sure how to do that...I recommend not trying the below. blaugh

Starting out under Component Services:

-Update Facilitation Service -- when looking under properties there is the file "osrss.dll" ( more on this later )
-Update Orchestrater Services Properties
-Windows Push to install service
-Windows Insider Program
-Windows Remediation Service Properties
-Windows Modules Installer Properties
-Windows Store Install Services

The ones I could stop and disable by right clicking on them and doing so, I did.

For those that I couldn't, I looked at their program dependencies or where they stemmed and operated from more or less.

Example, above you have osrss.dll
After much searching found the little thing in the windows system32 folder.
To break it, I tried to rename it. It kept telling me I THE ADMIN, GOD OF THE MACHINE, did NOT have access to this file. ...Uh. Don't tell me I can't break my own s**t, windows. Hell no. scream

Right click the file, properties > security > advanced - owner - ( you can type in your username on the computer of the account you're on with in the big blank box, or you can type in everyone to save yourself some backtracking just incase ) You can also click the button to the side that says advanced - find now - scroll to everyone - apply.

Now, back under the properties > security > first button that says edit > should be then able to click on the names ( admin / users / system etc ) down a list, and there are check boxes below, one says allow, the other says deny, you want to always click on allow all, under admin and users ( makes breaking s**t easier, though yes, less secure, but lets face it...you're sacrificing 'security' by breaking s**t too, kinda, right? So windows would tell you anyway.

Once you've managed to get that done, keep how to do those steps in mind, you'll be seeing them in your sleep repeatedly with the following files below in a moment.

Back to the issue! Osrss.dll file, what to do about this little s**t?
RENAME IT! I usually make it look like this osr--ss.dll That's it, it keeps the original name, and just adds -- in it, this way if I have to go back later I can take out the -- easily with out having to remember what the hell the thing was called.

You'll be doing the same thing to the following files in the system 32 folder:

-osrss.dll ( mentioned above )
-wups2.dll
-wusa
-wups.dll
-wudriver.dll
-wuapi.dll
-wuapihost
-wuauclt
-wuaueng.dll
-wuautoappupdate.dll
-usoapi.dll
-usoclient
-usocore.dll
-updatehandlers.dll
-updatepolicy.dll
-updateagent.dll

Once you finished breaking those, you'll want to goto regedit

hkey_local_machine/software/policies/microsoft/windows

right click the windows folder New > key: Name the key windows update, hit enter
Right click windows update New > Key; name it AU
Right click AU, New > Dword 32bit >Change value to 2

Save all that and now locate on the harddrive the Windows folder.

You may have one that says WINDOWS and one that says Windows10Upgrade

After going through the 2094387 steps above to rename things, just add a - in there on the windows 10 upgrade folder, juuust to break the path of everything in it.

Now, under WINDOWS
You'll see a folder called Panther
It's a sneaky little s**t where windows seems to have maybe stored more update s**t. I broke the folder path once again by just adding a - ( making it look like Pant-her ) Not intentional!

--breaking the original folder created a new one today but with another smaller folder in it called Panther > UnattendGC
It doesnt seem to have anything important in it, but if windows is going to keep adding it, will probably make a short cut to the POS to monitor it easier just incase.

Moving on down, farther down the list, you'll see UpdateAssistant I added -- in there too, just to make sure, you may have to again allow permissions to break it. Was falling asleep last night breaking things. By now you should be an expert on the steps!

That was the only things I killed off in the windows folder. 3nodding

For good measure and because I hate it, killed cortana too, if you want to know how to break her you'll need to go back to regedit. ( Registry Editor Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Windows
) -- click link to see video, not too difficult to explain; easier to send a link. lazy 4laugh

Only other place to keep watch on for updates would be the windows defender, long suspected they're sneaking s**t in through that way when it checks itself for updates. Not broken anything dealing with it yet, but going to keep watch. If suspicions are right, that will be the next thing that I break. Will post about it if anyone else interested in breaking things too. blaugh

--Demolition Elf.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:34 pm
AstroZeek
Nidorous

I love old cartoons, I have quite a collection of 16mm I.B Technicolor one's but I've never seen that before.

I think it must have been before they developed the trademark, "What's Up Doc?" The closest to it in that film is ""Eh what's all the hubbub, bub?"

Great Stuff! Thanks for sharing blaugh

Old cartoons are the best 3nodding
emotion_jawdrop Wow, you can sit and watch them whenever you want. Lucky! emotion_dowant

It might very well have been. I can't, remember any others off the top of my head ( been awhile since I seen old cartoons ) that might not have that trademark in it.
Another one with bugs that comes to mind is: This monster was one of my favorites.

Any time. blaugh

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:25 pm
hihi heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 pm
Cat Sapphire
hihi heart

happy day late gaia anniversary.

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:41 pm
Today's song is DISCO!!!

For those who might care, despite this being a world wide hit, Donna Summer made no money out of it. Casablanca That's Showbiz!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Unbelievable but true, despite selling over 22 Million copies World Wide this album never made a cent for the record company...

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150

Remy LeBeau 1982

Shy Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:26 pm
ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:05 pm
Cat Sapphire
hihi heart

Free demo is out to play on ps4 from the ps store. emotion_yatta It's not bad. Got a chuckle out of the poster about the hair care product ( need to read the fine print on them ) Yes, I am that bad. blaugh

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

Nidorous
Vice Captain

Animal Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:15 pm
Anyone speak or know anyone that can speak / read another language?

Was at work and found this in one of the bags we use to seal liquids when shipping:

User Image <---wondering what this says

User Image <---product it was found in

if you want these bigger:
https://imgur.com/a/zKiqyrQ

The translation google gives me:

Nhân Ngáy -------------Human Snoring

Nguyên Văn Cấm ----------Originally Prohibited

Chân Cáng ------ Leg Stretcher

Vietnamese is what google is translating it from. rofl

And the scribble by the image I am guessing is a signature.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:27 pm
so which elf is usually the best to donate unwanted items to pesty or nid? just wondering cause I gotta clean up inventory and want to know who prefers to get trades sent to them more  

Remy LeBeau 1982

Shy Bookworm

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:23 pm
Nidorous
Cat Sapphire
hihi heart

happy day late gaia anniversary.

Thanks, Nid! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:25 pm
Nidorous
Cat Sapphire
hihi heart

Free demo is out to play on ps4 from the ps store. emotion_yatta It's not bad. Got a chuckle out of the poster about the hair care product ( need to read the fine print on them ) Yes, I am that bad. blaugh

I was practically in tears at the opening scene! Oh, yes! I absorb each little detail..we're such geeks cat_3nodding I love that you're just as bad as I am, lol.  

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

9,950 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:21 pm
Nidorous
Anyone speak or know anyone that can speak / read another language?

Was at work and found this in one of the bags we use to seal liquids when shipping:

User Image <---wondering what this says

User Image <---product it was found in

if you want these bigger:
https://imgur.com/a/zKiqyrQ

The translation google gives me:

Nhân Ngáy -------------Human Snoring

Nguyên Văn Cấm ----------Originally Prohibited

Chân Cáng ------ Leg Stretcher

Vietnamese is what google is translating it from. rofl

And the scribble by the image I am guessing is a signature.

The two doves tend to suggest it's one of those notes from a Chinese prisoner whose being forcibly 'retrained'.  
--!!!--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games