Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Survived the 30's - 70's...? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When were you born?
1930's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1940's
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1950's
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1960's
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
1970's
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 51

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:26 pm
KatrinaZ
Dancing Wheels
I remember when I could freely play in the front yard without a care in the world.

Yeah, I remember those days. Quite different nowadays, isn't it?
I remember those days too... and my children will have them. of course my front yard is miles from any of my neighbors and is about an acre in size, much like my parents was.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:33 am
I remember playing this outdoor game with the kids in my neighborhood. I think it was called "Statue". There would be a group of kids at a start line on one side of a yard, with one person standing in front of them at the finish line on the other side of the yard. When the single person was facing away, the other kids tried to get as close as possible to him/her. But when the single person turned back around, everyone had to freeze in their tracks, like a statue. If someone was caught moving, they got sent back to the "start line". The first person to tag the single kid got to trade places with him/her, and then the game started all over again. That game was really a lot of fun! blaugh

There was a similar game called "Red Light, Green Light". One kid was the "traffic light". The rest of the kids moved towards the traffic light on a green light and stopped moving on a red light. The first person to reach the traffic light got to be the traffic light in the next game. That one was fun, too! biggrin

Sadly, I haven't seen any kids playing these kind of yard games in a very long time. sad  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Galifrey Gal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:42 am
We played kickball in the middle of the street, happily moving over whenever a car came through.

We also had several pairs of "neighborhood" skates that various kids borrowed from time to time. They clipped onto the outsides of your shoes and ruined them, but the folks didn't complain because we were wearing our old play shoes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:10 am
sarrie-chan
KatrinaZ
Dancing Wheels
I remember when I could freely play in the front yard without a care in the world.

Yeah, I remember those days. Quite different nowadays, isn't it?
I remember those days too... and my children will have them. of course my front yard is miles from any of my neighbors and is about an acre in size, much like my parents was.

Quite. Sad, isn't it?  

Dancing Wheels

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 am
My first two wheel bike was an old circus bike. It was quite small, navy blue in color, and had these funny looking tan colored "fat" tires. When my dad rode it, his knees would hit the handle bars, so he had to sit with his knees spread outside the handle bars! lol (my dad is 6'3" tall...) When I got bigger, I got a white and pink Schwinn "Fair Lady" with a long "banana seat" and wide u-shaped "easy rider" type handle bars. That old circus bike got handed down to my brother, and then to my younger cousins.

When my first-born girl was about 5-6 years old, we had gone to a parade near where my cousins lived. Lo' and behold, there was my old circus bike in the parade! The teen boy who was riding it was an old neighbor of my cousins, and he came by to talk to us after the parade. Even though it was painted bright yellow, I could recognize that old bike anywhere! It was great seeing it again! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:46 pm
KatrinaZ
My first two wheel bike was an old circus bike. It was quite small, navy blue in color, and had these funny looking tan colored "fat" tires. When my dad rode it, his knees would hit the handle bars, so he had to sit with his knees spread outside the handle bars! lol (my dad is 6'3" tall...) When I got bigger, I got a white and pink Schwinn "Fair Lady" with a long "banana seat" and wide u-shaped "easy rider" type handle bars. That old circus bike got handed down to my brother, and then to my younger cousins.

When my first-born girl was about 5-6 years old, we had gone to a parade near where my cousins lived. Lo' and behold, there was my old circus bike in the parade! The teen boy who was riding it was an old neighbor of my cousins, and he came by to talk to us after the parade. Even though it was painted bright yellow, I could recognize that old bike anywhere! It was great seeing it again! blaugh

That's cool 3nodding  

Dancing Wheels

Bunny of wind 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 pm
I was born in the early 60's  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:30 pm
cooll  

Dancing Wheels

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:04 am
Bunny of wind 2
I was born in the early 60's

Me too! 61'  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:53 pm
Dayum. I'm still the only one born in the '40s. I remember my father coming home in uniform (Navy) for a visit. My mother was a plane spotter... we lived on the East coast, and she had her assigned hours (at night) to stand on the roof with a pair of good binoculars and a chart of German plane shapes (she had it memorized)... just scan the sky for her set number of hours.

If anyone has seen "A Christmas Story" (the BB gun, rabbit pj's...), we wore snow suits like the little kid's... so thick, heavy and 100% wool that yep, sure enough, you did sometimes fall down and could not get up. I'm not at the other end of that yet, but I'll recognize it when it comes. hahahaha  

MustangDragon

Tita - Aina

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:30 pm
how refreshing, I do not feel so otu of place here now! ( 0n Gaia, that is...) 1970! xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 am
6o-70- 80- 90 -01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08, I watched history on tv, and thought it just another day. now its history and the sense of the profound strikes a chord, how odd  

ronin124

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 am
My brother and I had these red snowpants that were vinyl, I think. They were not very warm and we still had to layer up under them, but they were great to wear because we could slide down our hill in them! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:31 am
Tita - Aina
how refreshing, I do not feel so otu of place here now! ( 0n Gaia, that is...) 1970! xp

1970 here xd  

Dancing Wheels

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:04 am
Does anyone remember watching Kaptain Kangaroo, with Mr. Greenjeans, moose and rabbit? ...  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff