Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 pm
@ Lioness Painting Shenanigans:

Average Roll: 25 + 16 + 13 / 3 = 18

1 Free Raise earned!

Jiro would pause the process, holding his soaked brush in front of him as he closed one eye, as if he were training an arrow on either woman. Putting it down, he would move closer to Kyumi, calmly taking one of her hands and placing it upon the other.

"There."

Jiro would smile and nod to her, backing up slowly as if turning his back would ruin the pose, and began to return his attentions to the canvas.

Next round, go!

Jiro's roll: 2, 3, 7, 9  
Agent Sinistra rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 7, 7, 9, 1 Total: 29 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 pm
@ Lioness Painting Shenanigans

Kyumi would sit as still as she could stand to, doing her best to remain unmoving. However, staying still wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. She found herself growing antsy and was barely able to keep from fidgeting.

((Kyumi: 7 , 7 , 4 = 18; Omi: 9, 1 = 10 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Average Roll: 19 + 18 + 10 / 3 = 15.6

Cumulative Penalty: -1
Free Raises: 1

Jiro would let out a sigh, putting down his brush. He would move across the room, standing against the covered crates beside Kyumi. "What's wrong, Kyumi-san? You're unable to focus, and you're too jittery. Pardon the critical observation, of course. You seem to have much on your mind. Do you need to talk about it?" Jiro would give a concerned glance over Kyumi's head towards Omi, before looking back at the Kitsu.  
Mongooseh rolled 9 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 3, 1, 7, 3, 1, 6, 1 Total: 35 (9-90)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 am
@ Crab Construction Interruption:

"I'm sorry Kaori-san I didn't mean for you to get involved" replied Kagae humbly taking the table and placing it back in the correct position before turning back to Kaori looking a bit sheepish, "would you like a cup of tea in compensation?"

While waiting for her answer he had rectified the table and begun consulting his brain on how to fix this mess.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:08 pm
@ Crab Construction Interruption:

"It seems your mind is on other things than tea." With a somewhat dejected sigh, she would stand up. "If you want to get ready for the final competition, I better help you clean up. I don't think we can rely on the other two to repair the damage they caused. Good think this tent is as big as it is, or you would've lost everything."

If Kagae wants to earn any free raises back, he has to do so with the assistance of Kuni Kaori! Otherwise, he doesn't have the time and must end with just 4 free raises.

Kaori's untrained Engineering roll: 2, 7, 7 = 16. You may edit your first post accordingly.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Omi did not respond to Jiro's look though she would whisper in her mistress' ear. "You need not to answer him if you do not want to." Kyumi looked hesitant to answer either of them.

"I.. It's all right. I'm sure that Jiro-san deserves an explanation after putting up with... all of this. I didn't think it would affect me this much..." She looked a little apologetic before gathering up some courage to continue.

"When I returned to my tent to prepare, I had a letter waiting for me. Doji Koan sent it to ask for help..." Kyumi's face looked even more troubled as she continued. "I used to be certain that Sosuke-san had misunderstood what was going on. So I went to see Doji-san since I thought he had no reason to lie to me and that perhaps I could help. When I arrived, he was... polite at first. Then he..."

Kyumi bit down on her lip, and turned away. "He tried to assault me! I told him to leave me alone, and when he saw that I meant it, he went for his sword! I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been able to escape when I did! Even worse, I'm afraid he might have something terrible planned! He had a 'letter' that was supposedly from me! But I haven't even written any letters to anyone, let alone him!"

Omi watched her mistress with interest, though as she talked, the attendant appeared to be thinking. She refrained from speaking until after Kyumi had finished. "And exactly what have you done about this... Mistress?" It was obvious that there were other things that Omi wanted to say, however Jiro's presence kept her from speaking them.

Kyumi looked a little embarrassed. "Well... Nothing official yet. I haven't even had a chance to read the fake letter. I was planning on doing that later after having had some time to think about how to deal with... this."  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Jiro would fold his hands together after listening to the tale, thinking for a moment. "First off, you have my sincerest apologies. If I had know the issue was so... personal... I wouldn't have asked."

{25 Etiquette, using his free raise to cover up his Meddler disadvantage.}

"I'm sorry, Kyumi-san. I wouldn't have made you do this if I had known. It must have been trying for you to sit here and just think about it." He paused, before nodding to her and smiling politely. "Winning the competition isn't important to me. We can just forfeit our entry, and let this one go. It sounds like there's a more important issue at hand. We should probably go speak to a magistrate."

What are Kyumi's and Omi's thoughts on this?  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 6, 1, 10, 7 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:26 pm
Seichiro sighed, using his own style and skill instead of following Zanzen.

5k2+3=16  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Mongooseh rolled 9 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 3, 4, 1, 1, 9, 10, 7 Total: 48 (9-90)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 am
"Fine... And thank you. I am in your debt." Replied Kagae as he shuffled about looking at certain things before turning to Kaori, "I'll guess we'll start with the supports... You hold it straight while I find something to bind it."

(7k4 engineering with 2 extra die for explosions Result:26 +16/2 = 21 (oh goody) )  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:37 pm
Raganui Minamoto
@Crane/Lion Training Montage (w/ Eye of the Tiger playing in the background)

Finding a nice, quiet place after getting the bokken, Zanzen would walk forward a bit and turn, tossing one of the wooden blades back towards Seichero. "Shall we dance?" Giving him a moment to ready himself, the Kakita would bow before starting in with a deliberately slow pace as he started moving through the forms, as though in challenge to the Lion.

Awareness/Kenjutsu (Katana): 5k2+3

First roll: 12

Keith Valken Lionheart
Seichiro shrugged, "I guess." He would try to mimic him, not sure what he was doing here.

[Awareness/Kenjutsu (Katana) 5k2+3= 11]

Average Roll: 12 + 11 = 23 / 2 = 12 base

Raganui Minamoto
@Crane/Lion Montage:

He shakes his head. "Focus on your training. Bring that out in your motions. Start slowly and build speed and power from there.'

Awareness/Kenjutsu (katana): 5k2+3

TN for our average to beat = 12

My roll: 8

Keith Valken Lionheart
Seichiro copied Zansen's movements, wondering how he got into this mess...

5k2 +3=19

Average Roll: 8+19 = 27 / 2 = 14.

One free raise gained!

Raganui Minamoto
@Crane/Lion Montage

He shook his head. "Don't copy me, I don't know your training. It's a martial demonstration, present your own skills. Think of it like this, Matsu-san. Trying to prove, without a duel, that you can do better than me. Just don't be in such a rush during training."

5k2+3

TN 14

My Roll: 13

Keith Valken Lionheart
Seichiro sighed, using his own style and skill instead of following Zanzen.

5k2+3=16

Average Roll: 13 + 16 = 29 / 2 = 15.

Two free raises gained!

ALSO! Don't forget to roll extra dice, to handle exploding 10's! Keeping an unexploded skilled 10 is illegal!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 4, 5, 10 Total: 31 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 pm
@Crane/Lion Montage

"Good, good. Show me your pride."

He laughed and begun speeding things up in his own routine.

5k2+3

TN: 15

My roll: 15  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 7, 10, 8 Total: 33 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:01 pm
"Why are we dancing again? I feel stupid." He shook his head, adding his own moves. "Wait, is this a prank?"

5k2+3=22  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm
@ Crab Construction:

Average Roll: 21, as stated.

4 Free Raises gained thus far.

Kaori held it in place with her back, no slouch to the physical requirements needed, and more able than the servants from before. However, Kagae's binding gave it a somewhat tacky appearance. Functional doesn't always mean pretty, ESPECIALLY when you're a Crab.

"We should probably sweep up, and get rid of most of the debris... besides that, what else?"

If Kagae were to continue, Kaori would be aiding with a 3, 4, 10 = 17 untrained Engineering.  
Mongooseh rolled 9 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 3, 7, 2, 8, 6, 3, 8 Total: 50 (9-90)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:13 pm
@ Crab Construction:

"I think it'll just be a general tidy up really..." Replied Kagae picking up Hogai and Susumu's sake cups and putting them to one side and begun clearing the larger pieces of debris strung about the tent.

(7k4 Engineering With 2 extra dice for explosions. Result: 30+17/2= 23.5 rounded whichever way. )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm
@ Crab Construction:

((Always round up, but unrounded numbers below the TN still count as failure. Rokugani math is funny like that.))

Average Roll: 24

5 Free raises gained.

This time, the two Crabs would do a rather solid job tidying up the floor of the tent. Without an actual rug to sweep things under, they settled for Hogai's bed, most likely. It was beginning to have the same luster it boasted before, prior to the drunken invasion half an hour earlier.

Kuni Kaori would look around, not being an expert on such things. "Is that it, Kagae-san?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games