Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:58 pm
He slashes the air a few times, ending it with a fancy twirl of his katana which transitions into putting it in the sheath.

5k2+3=17  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 5, 6, 8 Total: 31 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 pm
Forgot mah rollz  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:04 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Crane/Lion Montage

"I cannot even begin to understand what you think, or think of a way to allow you to view it as I do. But maybe one day, the Lion and the Crane will start understanding each other, even if the Kakita and the Matsu never will agree on a sword style."

Taking a few more swipes about in his dance like show, he ends with returning the sword to his side and stepping towards the side of the dojo to rest.

Last Roll:

5k2+3

TN: 20

My Roll: 15

Keith Valken Lionheart
He slashes the air a few times, ending it with a fancy twirl of his katana which transitions into putting it in the sheath.

5k2+3=17

Average Roll = 15 + 17 = 32 / 2 = 16.

Cumulative Penalty: -1.
Five Free Raises Gained!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 10, 2, 8, 8 Total: 44 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:27 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro looked out at the sky and mused for a second. "We have time enough. We should probably try to make our performance a little bit better. We can do it!"

OOC:
Awareness/Performance (4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions)
TN: 29
Results: 34  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:49 pm
@ Scorpion Training Montage:

Maru nodded at Kojiro's recommendation. "I agree. We can't slack off now, I doubt many of the other competitors will be doing the same. We need to be at the top of our game, my faithful Kojiro-san."

After a brief break, Maru would attempt to pick up the pace with Kojiro's playing. His playing seemed to be spot on, but she seemed unable to keep the pace. Try as she might, shake as she might, she seemed unable to sync up any better than she was already.

Roll: 9, 6, 6, 2 = 21

Total accumulated penalty: -3
Total Free Raises earned: 2

Sweating, she would stop for breath as Kojiro finished the song. She would lean forward, clutching her knees through her kimono, panting softly. "I'm... not sure I can contribute any more than I have already. Should we press on anyways, Kojiro-san? Or do you feel we're ready?"  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 7, 9, 8, 8 Total: 38 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm
@Scorpion Tent

Kojiro unsteadily set his shakuhachi down as he examined poor, exhausted Maru. It was possible that they could make a better performance. There were several instances where the music could've matched her movements a little more closely and then there were points where Maru's moves could be a little cleaner. Of course, Kojiro was in the enviable position of watching Maru dance....but the point was to bring that in front of Kita-sama, and not for his own enjoyment. However, the monks of Ebisu say that if you do not work for a prize, you will not get it.

"Let's try one more set and see how it goes. If we can't clean it up a little further on this one, then we'll just have to be satisfied with our routine as it is." The bushi then picked up his instrument and tried the melody again.

OOC:
Awareness/Performance+dice for explodie (4k3+2extra)
TN to hit: 29
Results: 19  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 pm
@ Scorpion Training Montage:

Maru seemed to glare(?) at Kojiro, listening as he tried to justify his claims on continuing. "What is it, Kojiro-san? Do you think me incapable of overcoming anything that Kitsu b***h will bring to the competition? You don't think I have what it takes to cut it?"

As he went to play his first note, she reached forward, grabbing him by the collar of his kimono and yanking him forward, his face mere inches from hers. "I guess I'll just have to show you how wrong you are."

Releasing him after another second or two, and probably leaving him shaken, she dances seemly to her own rhythm this time, a much more fluid, determined set of motions than ever.

Maru's Roll, and I'm not kidding: 19, 19, 15, 4 = 42

Average Roll: 19 + 42 = 61 / 2 = 31

Total Free Raises earned: 3
Total accumulated penalty: -3

Upon completion of her song, she would slow on her last twirl, facing Kojiro, her chest still rising and falling but otherwise, her composure flawless.

"What do you think?"  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 8, 6, 1, 3 Total: 30 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:38 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

"Hah! As if she could compare to you! Let us show them the Scorpion drive to succeed no matter what it takes! One more time!"

Kojiro picked up his shakuhachi and then started playing the song again, mindful to concentrate on the flute and just enough of Maru's movements to get a feel of them, instead of oggling her like a drunken Mantis.

OOC:

Awareness/Performance: Music (4k3+2 additional dice to handle explosions)
TN to hit: 31
Results: 21  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:53 pm
@ Eye of the Scorpion:

Though Kojiro's comments seemed to lift her spirits, those last three words seemed to crush it just as fast. Not understanding Kojiro's drive to perfect something she already saw as flawless, it would be clear her heart was not in it this time.

Maru's Roll: 8, 6, 5, 3 = 19

Average Roll: 21 + 19 = 40 / 2 = 20 vs TN 31

Total accumulated penalty: -6
Total Free Raises earned: 3

At this point, Shosuro Naizen coughed to get the attentions of both his fellow Scorpion, tired of waiting out this performance.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:55 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro put the flute down and took a deep breath. He was badly winded from the practice. "Did you enjoy it, Naizen-san? I think we're as ready as we're going to get..."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Naizen would look from Soshi Maru to Bayushi Kojiro and back, before giving his critique. "I suppose it was alright."

Maru would frown at this statement, crossing her arms over her chest and letting out a hmph! of disapproval. "I don't dance for just anybody, Naizen-san. The least you could have done is tell me what I wanted to hear."

"That's exactly why I'm here," the Shosuro would reply curtly, turning to stare down Maru. "Your playmate seems to have gotten in over her head."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

The scorpion let out an exasperated breath as Naizen critiqued their performance. "We've worked hard, you know. Besides, Maru's dancing was beautiful. No wonder she chooses not to dance for everyone."

"Play....HER! " Inwardly, Kojiro was debating several thing. One of them was how hard to smack his forehead with his palm. He had hoped that Maru would be too busy for mischief...but Kojiro was wrong it seemed. "Right...Do you want me to listen or shall I wait outside for this?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 10, 6, 8, 6 Total: 47 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:12 pm
*sneaks in an awareness/etiquette(Sincerity) test really quick.

4k3 w/2 to handle explosions
Results: 35  
Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 4, 9, 4 Total: 26 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:44 pm
Draft Roll: Storytelling: 5k3 (Lowest = TN)

Future TN Score: 2+4+4 = 10  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games