Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:11 pm
@ Lioness Ex-Painting Shenanigans:

Jiro would reach out, taking one of Kyumi's hands in his own, and placing his other hand atop of it. "Omi's right, Kyumi-san. We're both behind you in this. You can trust us." He would give her a reassuring smile, and throw an Etiquette in there to try to simmer down the awkwardness of the ZOMG TOUCHING.

{Etiquette of 23 + Free Raise to try to make Kyumi feel more at ease and less OMFG HE'S TOUCHING ME}

As the trio would leave, they would begin their search for a Magistrate. Some time had passed, so two of the competitions had already started and possibly ended. Eventually, however, they would find Seppun Benjiro, speaking with Daidoji Gennai, the Crane in charge, near where the Magistrates were staying.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Soshi Maru's mood would be as complex to Kojiro as calculus, and he wouldn't be able to glean a single bit of insight into her state of mind!

"It depends. It will be investigated, of course. If it was completely unprovoked, she will probably be jailed, and forced to pay some sort of compensation. Doji Koan comes from a powerful and wealthy family, so they wouldn't let it sit idly by. However..."

He would glance to Maru, who's attention seemed to be against the opposite side of the tent. "Koan's in enough trouble as is, and I do not believe such an assault was unprovoked. I doubt there will be any punishment for the Kitsu woman, beyond a possible reprimand by the magistrates, or her lord."

{Untrained Lore: Law of 17 on 2k2!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:43 pm
@ Artisan Competition:

There would be a few uncharacteristic giggles and chuckles from the crowd of samurai, mostly on part of the apparent nervousness of the Kaiu. At one point, Kagae would hear one woman from the crowd mutter "Jiro-san, that was my tent... I'm going to kill you..."

Though as he did present the blueprints, the crowd of gathered samurai would all surge forward to look at them. Questions would then begin to arise:

"So wait, you managed to do this all today?"
"You really managed to combine two tents together into one? I can hardly notice."
"Can we go inside and look too?"
"How many people would you say could comfortably reside in there?"

Similar questions would be shot off by the gathered samurai who, for the most part, seemed genuinely impressed by the work. When expecting to see little trinkets, it definitely caught everyone off guard, leaving them pleasantly surprised!

All the while, Doji Kita would stand there, smiling, behind the crowd, watching Kagae handle the deluge of interest.

--------------------

After curiosities were satisfied, Kita would begin by introducing the next act. "Our next presenters are two of the samurai from the Scorpion Clan. While doing my rounds today, I've gathered the jist of their presentation, but I won't spoil it for those of you who don't know. By the sound of it though, I think many of you will enjoy it. Soshi Maru, Bayushi Kojiro, feel free to come forward and present your work of art." There would be a few claps of encouragement from the crowd once the two Scorpion were ready!

Bayushi Kojiro, give me an Awareness/Perform: Music vs TN 10! Also, determine how your 3 Free Raises will be used! Don't forget to subtract 6 from your final result.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 5, 7, 7, 7 Total: 37 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 pm
@The Scorpion Tent
Kojiro nodded his head deferentially to Naizen. "Thank you, Naizen-san. It helps sometimes to know exactly what consequences an action will take. Even if that action did not succeed as one would hope. Clear your head of the Lioness, Maru. We need to perform at our best if we want to win. It looks like it's time. Wish us luck!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Scorpion sighed at the sight of the Crabicorn tent. There was no way Kojiro and Maru could compete with that. So, he resolved to at least do a good performance and have fun. When Doji Kita introduced him, he bowed politely. "It is said that one cannot speak of Bayushi-kami without speaking of Shosuro. With their guidance, the Scorpion clan was formed. We present to you tonight a performance to show their eternal bond before you. Without further ado."

Kojiro slid his shakuhachi out of his sleeve and put it to his lips and began the melody. He tried to encapsulate the founder's life in his tune, but seemed to be failing. Whether it was out of worry for Maru or sheer tiredness , he could not say. Hopefully Maru was dancing well. It was all he could do to concentrate on his music. When the number was complete, he would bow in unison with Maru, attempting to keep a poker face throughout it all, although he knew he flubbed the performance.

OOC:

Rolling Awareness/performance (Music) First. (4k3 w/ 2 dice for explodies)
Raises: 3 Free Raises and one normal raise dedicated to quality
Penalties: -6
TN: 15
Results: 14  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 10, 9, 10, 10, 1 Total: 49 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:28 pm
@Lioness Ex-Painting Shenanigans:

If Jiro's touch bothered her, Kyumi didn't show it. Not that she needed to, as Omi gave him a somewhat hardened look. If the situation had been less stressful for her mistress, the servant might have dared to show a bit more disapproval.

As they approached, Kyumi would take the lead. "Excuse me? Seppun-sama?" She'd politely inquire as she'd try to mask her general unease.

((Rolling etiquette to help Kyumi stay somewhat composed. XD 5k3 = 38; ))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:59 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Benjiro and Gennai was speaking as the trio approached, moreso in the latter's line of sight than the former's. They immediately stopped as Gennai nodded his head in the direction of the incomers, as Benjiro turned his head to see. Lifting one hand, the Daidoji Chui would nod and step back a few paces to give a visage of privacy.

"There you are, Kitsu-san. The Daidoji had tried to find you at your tent, but you were already gone. Would you care to fill me in with your dealings with Doji Koan?" Though his voice was stern, his features remained devoid of emotion to perceive.

"... in private," he would suddenly add, turning his glance from the Kitsu woman to her servant and the Ide.

"Ah! Seppun-sama, I would rather-" Jiro would start to explain.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think I was unclear on the matter. If I gave you the false perception that this was negotiable, Ide Jiro-san, you have my apologies."

Jiro would remain speechless for but a moment, before bowing his head.

Kyumi, your response?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 4, 7, 4, 3, 7 Total: 38 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm
@Lioness Shenanigans:
Omi would look a little concerned, but would bow her head and comply with the Magistrate's order.

"Of course, Seppun-Sama..." Kyumi would meekly answer, though she'd look a combination of confused and concerned. "Can I ask exactly why you were looking for me? Has something happened to Doji-san? I mean... I can't forgive him after what he tried to do to me, but I wouldn't want anything terrible to happen to him."

((More Etiquette rolling for composure and/or sincerity! 5k3 = 20 ))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm
@ Artisan Competition:

As Kojiro stepped up to present in front of the gathered samurai, he would find that Soshi Maru was not with him yet. She had excused herself just prior to Kagae's presentation ending, but had not yet returned.

Kojiro would introduce the theme of the song, delaying as long as he could, before beginning his piece. He would begin with a low, melancholy-sounding tune, slow and hallow as the wind. Voices would quiet down and listen as he began to play further into the song, the note carrying onto the wind.

Though, as he looked up, he would see the crowd begin to part. Soshi Maru would step through them, wearing a long, flowing kimono blacker than the night itself, with a modified veil that shielded her eyes as normal, and hung down past her collarbone, only somewhat transparent. She would take delicate, careful steps through the crowd, moving in tandem with the notes.

For each low note, she moved slowly and meticulously.

For each long note, she made a prolonged, flowing motion.

For each quick note, she would make a flourish of rapid movements to match their rhythm.

For each high note, she would make a sharp, punctuating gesture before continuing.

She made her way to Kojiro as he played, circling him as his music encircled her. She would constantly and consistently move about him, her hands reaching out but never quite touching him. As Kojiro's song continued on, her pacing did as well, never falling behind, never missing a beat, nor a step.

As the song would reach it's climax, she would twirl around and around and around at great speeds, as if the air kami she was attuned to spun her around whimsically. As the song would seem to peak then subside, she would end at Kojiro's right side, a delicate hand tracing fingertips along his jawline, while she faced the crowd instead.

{Awareness/Perform: Dance result: 2, 6, 8, 12 = 20 after penalty. 1 raise, as a group = 14 + 20 = 34 / 2 = 17 vs TN 15}

There would be a rousing set of applauds from the audience, Maru would bow in appreciation. Kita would smile and nod to the duo, waiting for them to take their leave.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------------------

"That was a wonderful demonstration, Kojiro-san, Maru-san! Very masterfully accomplished! You obviously practiced long and hard for this, and it showed!"

After the two would step down, Doji Kita would introduce the next duo. "The next ones up have another item that they have produced, and wish to show you. Though I haven't... seen them... yet..." Kita explained, scanning the crowd, "I'm sure Ide Jiro and Kitsu Kyumi will show you the masterpiece they have collaborated on!"

After about half a minute, and no sign of either samurai, she would try again. "Kyumi-san, Jiro-san, it is your turn, if you can hear me!" Calling louder, she would wait a bit longer, with no visible or audible acknowledgment from either one.

After a bit of a delay, Kita would shake her head, somewhat sadly. "If they show up in the next few minutes with a finished product, then they can be graded accordingly. However, we must move on in the meantime. I believe Kakita Zanzen and Matsu Seichiro have a demonstration for all of us! I know for a fact that they've trained long and hard for this, so I am as curious as anyone what can be accomplished when two bushi of rival families put their heads together and cooperate! Everyone, please welcome them now!"

Zanzen! Seichiro! Give me Awareness/Kenjutsu {Katana} rolls vs TN 10! You have 5 Free Raises to spend (1 Raise produces a Low Quality demonstration. 2 Raises produce Average Quality, 4 Raises into Fine Quality, 6 raises into Excellent Quality). Remember, you can raise up to your Kenjutsu Rank or Void Trait, and you can spend a void point on the roll if you have any remaining! Apply Free Raises after normal ones to the TN, and any unused for quality can be used for +5 to your final roll, in addition to the -1 penalty.

Raises are shared as (and limited by) the team, and only the final average result counts against the TN. So if only one of you can only raise twice, then that's the maximum that can be achieved.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

After Kyumi's servant and courtier would vacate, though the Daidoji Lieutenant would not, Benjiro continued. "That's precisely what I needed to speak with you about. What did happen between the two of you? With the accusations hanging above his head, it seems rather foolish for you to head to his tent, alone, unsupervised. He claims you tried to seduce him, then attempted to dishonor him and falsify claims that he attempted to force himself on you. He also proclaimed he had evidence to help proclaim his innocence, but upon searching his tent, the Daidoji found nothing supporting his claim. Can you, in your own words, tell me what happened?"

Though they were not inside, there was definitely no one around besides the three of them, so whether or not Kyumi felt comfortable about any of this would be up to her. Though, feel free to give me a Perception/Investigation {Notice} check vs TN 15 (in addition to any other rolls you may desire).  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 7, 1, 4, 4 Total: 24 (7-70)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm
Artisan Competition, Crane/Lion Mock Duel:

Zanzen would slowly stride in, his Kakita blade at his hip. "I am here with Matsu Seichero to provide a martial demonstration of our craft with our blades. This will be done in a mock-duel format." Striding across the place, he'd turn and wait for Seichero. Once the Lion was in position, he'd bow and move in slowly, drawing his sword.

He would attempt to make this a show of steady swordsmanship, strike and parry, riposte and dodge. Never actually hitting Seichero.

--------

5k2+3

My roll: 14

TN: 25

Quality: Excellent (3 raises on quality, 3 free raises on quality)

+15 to average (2 FR spent on +10, 1 VP for +5)  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 4, 8, 5, 4, 7, 4, 7, 3 Total: 52 (10-100)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kyumi would look a little embarrassed. "I admit, perhaps I shouldn't have been so trusting but..." Kyumi would take out the letter of invitation that she had received from the servant that morning and would hand it to Benjiro. "I received this this morning, and believed it at the time... I thought that it would be likely that Isawa Sosuke-san might be overreacting as his sister told me that he did not approve of her interest in him. When I went to see him, I did so thinking that maybe I could try to help... "

She'd take a breath, as if to gather herself together before continuing on. "We talked for a little while, but then he started making a lewd face at me and... And tried to... Take advantage of me. I was so scared that I summoned my bo so that I might have a way to keep him off me if he tried to overpower me. When he saw that I was not at all interested in him and wanted to be left alone, he got angry and went for his sword... I ran the moment he gave me room to escape."

((Rolling Investigation(5k3) and Etiquette for sincerity (5k3); Investigation = 20, Etiquette = 18 ))  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 6, 7, 10, 6 Total: 41 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:26 pm
@The Artisan Competition

Kojiro would watch the Lion and Crane spar as he inclined his head to Maru. "You were beautiful up there, Maru-san. You truly made that performance amazing. I only wish that my part of the performance showed the potential it had in practice."

"I think the Magistrates found Kitsu-san. I wonder if Kitsu-san used her techniques on Kan? Ah well. Too late for that." Kojiro would shrug.

OOC
Awareness/Etiquette (4k3 w/2 additional for explosions)
Raises: 2
Results: 19  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

As Benjiro finished his question, Kyumi would hear a somewhat distant scream of pain, masculine in nature. It was closer to her than any of the other contestants, possibly in a nearby building. If Seppun Benjiro heard it, he didn't seem to care.

"Hmmmm..." The Seppun magistrate would take the letter in hand, glancing over it as he listened to Kyumi's explanation of what had transpired. He seemed to pause thoughtfully, looking up from the letter to stare unwaveringly into the Kitsu's golden eyes.

"It seems that all the evidence is pointing at Doji Koan's guilt. I'm glad you are safe, Kitsu Kyumi-san. Though, you need to be wary in the future, before you are truly caught unprepared. I'm going to go bring this to Raicho-san, and see if this will finally loose a confession from Koan's lips."

His neutral expression would turn to a softer one for a moment, nodding to the young woman. "Go, now. I will take care of this."

"Magistrate-sama!" a voice would call out, as a young Daidoji woman would rush from the northern gate area. "There's a Miya courier here, wishing to speak with one of you. He says it's urgent!"

"More interruptions..." Benjiro would sigh audibly, pausing but a moment. He would hand the letter off to the Chiu nearby. "Take this to Kuni Raicho, Gennai-san."

The military officer would take the parchment and nod his head. "As you wish, magistrate."

Gennai would turn and head off in another direction to a nearby building, and Benjiro would look once more to Kyumi. "If that's all, you are free to go, Kyumi-san. It seems my services are required elsewhere."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm
Denbe never had figured out just what to put into his letter. And honestly, not getting it written before the morning competition had meant that it wouldn't get out until rather late. Tomorrows duels would be finished well in advance of the letter actually reaching anyone, so he had simply put the paper and ink away again, and spent some time meditating for no reason but his own piece of mind, until the night's mental competition was to begin. And tonight, instead of the mostly private events they had been, it was a public event.

With naught else of any importance to do, Denbe could hardly miss it.

The tent had been impressive- beside his small personal one especially did it seem large and luxurious. The Scorpions likewise impressed, though despite himself he almost lost concentration on his acquaintances music entirely in watching the other one dance.

The one that really caught his interest was the one about to begin, however.

Zanzen would be almost certain to be representing someone in the duels tomorrow, as one of the two Crane duelists present. And of all things, he had chosen to present the style of the swordplay he had been taught on stage. Denbe severely doubted there would be much he could learn to take advantage of from it in the duels tomorrow, or at least anything he could honorably take advantage of. However, it was a perfect opportunity to see the Kakita School's swordplay up close-

The last time he'd gotten that chance, it hadn't lasted long enough for him to learn much.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:44 pm
@ Artisan Competition:

Maru would simply smile and nod as Kojiro approached her. As polite as he tried to be, he seemed to be ignored completely. Perhaps it was something he said in a public venue that he shouldn't have?

"Focus, Kojiro-san. Watch how they fight, it might help your chances tomorrow," was all she would say in response, gesturing with a nod towards the dueling bushi.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games