Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

Ever since her apparently successful greeting of Lee with post-its in second year, Sonora had made it a point to bring cheerful post-its for any shy Ravenclaws. She had pens and a few pads scattered around in case anyone wanted to use them;if anything else, they were useful fidgeting or doodling material.

She noticed the boy August had been mother-henning earlier get sorted into Ravenclaw but then sit off on his own. Nervous maybe? It took her a moment to remember the name August had been talking about--which was definitely not the one the deputy headmistress had called for a few moments prior--and then a few more to guess at the spelling and add a birdy-doodle.

Post it for Eion
Hi! Welcome to Ravenclaw! I'm Sonora/ Sona. You're August's friend Eon? gaia_angelleft emotion_kirakira gaia_angelright

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:04 am
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
r a v e n c l a w x t a b l e x
r a v e n c l a w s x
r a v e n c l a w x u n i f o r m

'My, what a contradiction we are, my dear...' Rhiannon flushed red, as the sorting hat spoke to her. She hadn't quite realized how much of the sorting hat could ascertain about her, but as it sorted her, she felt more and more self conscious. 'Ravenclaw!' the hat finally announced and Rhiannon stood, brushed out the wrinkles in her robes before walking toward the Ravenclaw table, her head held high. So maybe the Sorting Hat knew she wasn't as confident as she seemed, but no one else had to know. As she sat down, Rhiannon threw a glance toward her brother, who had just been sorted into Hufflepuff. He might her eye and gave a slight nod, 'We're both fine...' she thought as she nodded back to him. As she brought her attention back to the table she was sitting at, she felt a bubble of excitement rise in her. She really wanted to tell her mom everything!

A slight smile crossed her lips as a wave of relief washed over her. Rhiannon straightened her back, feeling less anxious as she realized she no longer had to be in front of everyone, she could just blend in with the rest of her housemates. She crossed her fingers in front of her as she watched other first years being sorted, feeling a bit more at ease.

OOC: open to interaction!

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:19 am
Her dirty paws and furry coat
She ran down the forest slope
The forest of talking trees
They used to sing about the birds and the bees
The bees had declared a war

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

RAVENCLAW │ HALFBREED │ FIRST YEAR

From what she knew about the houses, Laurel wasn't shocked she'd wound up in Ravenclaw, or that Aspen had gotten Da's house. At least her head of house wasn't going to be her parent. And the Hat had called her 'clever', so that was cool. She guessed. She took a seat at the table, making eye contact with one of the other new Ravenclaws. Rhiannon, she was pretty sure her name was. She seemed to have a twin brother, but he'd gone to Hufflepuff. "I'm Laurel," she said abruptly. "My sister didn't get the same house as me, either. Rhiannon, right?" She knew she wasn't the most bubbly or peppy of people, especially compared to kids like Billie, but that didn't mean she was completely antisocial, either. She did like talking to people, so long as they weren't annoying her while she was trying to do something.

OOC:
Rawwry

The sky wasn't big enough for them all
The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
So for a while things were cold
They were scared down in their holes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sona?
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What is this?

Eion was watching nervously as people passed all around him. He wanted to curl up and go somewhere quiet. It was so loud in here! Out of nowhere, he saw a little yellow paper in the corner of his eye. The boy turned to investigate, looking a bit confused about it. It was from someone named Sona - did that name sound familiar? - and it mentioned August. Aha, so he had heard her name. What was he supposed to do with this though, he didn't even have a pen! Looking around, he found one sitting by someone.... but he didn't want to steal it. After a second's hesitation, he grabbed it anyway, using the same paper to respond. Once he'd finished, he looked at his handwriting, which was only barely legible.

post-it for Sona
                                                                "I'm Eion, but I dont kno if Augs thanks I'm a frend"

{{OoC: it physically hurt writing that many errors xD}}
          addaellis

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:17 am
User Image
User Image

l a u r e l x a n d x r a v e n c l a w s

Rhiannon watched as another first year was sorted into Ravenclaw. And when they're eyes locked, she blinked and looked away. She shouldn't have been staring. The young witch looked back at the other girl when she suddenly said her name, "Yeah, I'm Rhiannon. It's nice to meet you," she said with a polite smile. "I guess I had assumed we'd be separated. I'm cooler than him," Rhiannon joked dryly. In reality, he was probably a lot more personable than she was, but nonetheless, she could always pretend to be cooler than she was. It would also help if she had friends. And Laurel did seem pretty cool. If she wasn't mistaken, Laurel had been a part of the large group of first years that had gathered at the Hogsmeade Station. It might be easier to just wedge herself into an already established friend group than try and establish one herself.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:43 am

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel smirked at Rhiannon's joke. "Same here. Don't tell Aspen, though, or she'll come charging over from the Slytherin table to choke me out or something." Suffice to say, she was pretty sure her sister was the more aggressive twin. Not that Laurel didn't have a temper as well, but she tended not to be nearly as... intense... either. She'd always figured she'd gotten her more nonchalant demeanor from her mother. "At least I'm not in Da's house too," she nodded at the head table where the professors were sitting, "No offense, I love him, but it's going to be bad enough that he's one of my teachers, you know?" She wasn't particularly embarrassed or nervous about her father being part of the staff, but she wasn't thrilled about it, either. School was bad enough without knowing your father was only ever a short (or long) walk away. And the last thing she needed was some overzealous prefect ratting her out, either. "What about you? Hopefully your parents don't work here."

OOC:
Rawwry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Rhiannon grinned, although she couldn't really imagine Gideon choking anyone out. He always seemed to be more of a pacifist in comparison to herself. Although, she supposed it might just be because his fuse was a bit longer than her own. She glanced at the staff table, she hadn't realized Laurel's father worked at the school. Rhiannon figured she could assume that her father was a Slytherin, just based on the fact that Laurel had said "too" and Aspen was a Slytherin. She guessed he could have been the Slytherin head of house, but she would find out in class whether or not her suspicions would be confirmed. Laurel had said it as if it was a fact that everyone knew, and she wasn't one to let on that she didn't know something. "Yeah, I'd reckon that'd be a little rough. Always on edge or feeling like someone was watching you?" Rhiannon said, it wasn't like she was talking from experience or anything. Not at all. "Fortunately, they don't," Rhiannon nodded, "Mum's a singer and my dad is a muggle, so...I don't really have to worry about either trying to teach me." Imagining her mother trying to teach the pair of them how to use magic was almost laughable, she was so out of practice from years of not using it, it would probably do her some good to come back to school. That's not to say her mother wasn't smart or talented or anything, just magic wasn't really her forte. At least from what Rhiannon had seen.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:47 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel shrugged. "My da's not the type to spy on his kids or anything... but he can be kind of overprotective. He just likes to pretend that he doesn't care what we're doing, and then he pops up out of nowhere. He teaches Herbology," she added. "And apparently he's super strict, so... don't get ticked off with me if he's an arsehole during class or anything, yeah?" Not that she'd care, but she knew some people would inevitably harass her (or try to) over her father's behavior, either because he gave them too much homework or put them in detention for something. "Hope your mum's famous with muggles, not wizards, so you don't have people coming up to you asking stupid questions- but she probably has like a stage name, right?" It's what Laurel would do. If she could sing. Which, she couldn't. Her mum had a very nice singing voice, though, but she was pretty sure that was a wood nymph thing. "At least they won't know all your business here at school. My family lives in the village," she complained, "so this is barely even 'boarding' school for me at all. I might as well go home every night for dinner."

OOC:
Rawwry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Second Year♖
User Image
▬▬"I feel the same way about makeup as I do food."▬▬

This year, they didn't have to ride the boats! They got to ride in carriages and it was so much quicker! Brook jabbered on the entire time about makeup and hair, and anything she could think of. That was, until Aidene shoved food in Brook's face, then Brook gladly ate in silence. It was rude to talk with food in your mouth! When they were leaving the carriages and entering the great hall, Brook held onto Aidene's and Rhea's hands, and then, Rhea tugged away from Brook. Brook frowned, but... Rhea belonged with her... except, right, Rhea wasn't a Ravenclaw. Brook whispered to Rhea "I already miss you." It was hard saying goodbye after their summer together. She went and sat at the table with Aidene, and cheered up instantly once Aidene whipped out another piece of food. Ah food, the answer to any woe.

▬▬"I want everything."▬▬

Where & Who: Great Hall, Ravenclaws
Thinking about: I miss you my Rhea... HELLO FOOD.
Brook Description: 4'8" tall with blond hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: School Robes

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Rhiannon nodded. Herbology professor. That made sense, since both Aspen and Laurel had plant-sounding names. "Can hardly blame the kid for something the parent did, or vice versa," she shrugged, she knew how her mother had gotten blamed for her outburst. It was hardly fair then, and if she were to have gotten the blame for something her mother did? That was even less just. Besides, if she were to get in trouble for something she'd deal with it herself. Rhiannon was accustomed to dealing with consequences, sitting in time out for the majority of her muggle schooling. The "would do well if she could behave" comments were always coming. Though, she was hoping that would change here, if she could keep her mouth shut, that is. "She makes music mostly for muggles, but I s'pose it's possible for other muggleborns to know her music. She didn't drum up a stage name either," Rhiannon shrugged, "Maybe it's 'cause she wanted the recognition? I'm not sure. She was a Gryffindor here awhile ago." Rhiannon had always thought her mother was running away from the magical world, but if she had never come up with the stage name, maybe she secretly wanted it to catch up with her? It made sense now, but she wasn't about to spew her mother's business out on someone she had just met, she had manners, after all! "That's true. Although, are you allowed to go into Hogsmeade? Or are they going to make you wait until you're a third year?"

The Forgotten Weasley

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:39 pm
User Image
                                                  They're gonna clean up your looks
                                                  With all the lies in the books
                                                  To make a citizen out of you
                                                  Because they sleep with a gun
                                                  And keep an eye on you, son
                                                  So they can watch all the things you do

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ || Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ

════════════════════════

Irvine walked over to the table, already ready for the feast to begin. He'd had an okay summer, though he wished his father hadn't had to cut their vacation short. They didn't even get to spend much time in Mongolia like he'd wanted! Then again, he could understand why. His dad only had a certain amount of time he could take away from work, and Irvine had to go to school. Which, he wished he could go travelling like they used to, but they couldn't anymore. Not as much, anyway. In any case, Irvine was determined that when he graduated, he was certainly going to go travelling again, if for no other reason than it was what he loved to do. Sitting down, he proceeded to watch the sorting, noting that there didn't seem to be as many Ravenclaws this term. Then again, were there that many last year? He couldn't tell, considering that he hadn't been in the school that long himself.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Can sorting be over already? I'm hungry.
                                                  OOC: Open for interaction!

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Because the drugs never work
                                                  They're gonna give you a smirk
                                                  'Cause they got methods of keeping you clean
                                                  They're gonna rip up your heads,
                                                  Your aspirations to shreds
                                                  Another cog in the murder machine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

second year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild monk || Cooking Club pâtissière
Dueling Club minion || Fencing club page || Quidditch reserve beater

Aidene listened with part fascination as Brook discussed makeup and hair things through the entire carriage ride. Hair and makeup had...never been her thing, but she supposed it would be nice to know how to match hair things with clothes things. She beamed up at the Great Hall and its shimmering skylights. It made her miss home and chilling on the deck with her dad, making up stories about the stars. (And this summer she actually got away with one by including actually true things from Astronomy).

Then...it was time for Rhea to part. "No, hold up, sit here," she said, pointing to a spot on the Slytherin table. She then plopped herself and Brook on the Ravenclaw side of the divide. "There. Now we can still talk," she noted, hanging onto the bench with her leg and leaning back. She did pull the last egg roll out to comfort Brook though.

When she saw up again, she smacked into the boy on her other side. "Whoops, mighty sorry about that." she sat up properly and recognized who she'd smacked. "Hey Irvine! How was your summer? Go anywhere exciting?"

Edit: just a few words missing places >_<“

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Diamond Wales

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm a picture perfect face
With that wild in my veins
You can hear it in my
Growl, growl, growl, growl

~"Pop/Stars" by K/DA (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) from League of Legends

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:14 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel shrugged. "I don't know most popular music anyways. We don't have a telly or any phones in the house, never mind internet. My parents aren't really interested in technology at all- not that it'd work well in Hogsmeade, anyways." As far as she could tell, the village was pretty much a dead zone, and she had very limited experiences with the muggle world outside it. "Drum up a stage name," she snickered, not sure if the pun was intentional or not, sort of hoping it hadn't been. That'd make it funnier. At the question about Hogsmeade, she scowled, looking eerily like her father for a few moments. "I doubt they'll 'officially' let us go on the weekends with the upper years, but it's not like they can stop our parents from taking us home," she pointed out. "I'm not too worried about it. Me and Aspen are pretty good at sneaking around. Plus we've been in and out of the school before with our da, so it's not like we're going to get lost."

OOC:
Rawwry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

Sonora brightened when Eion grabbed a pen and wrote back. She had to squint a little at the handwriting to made out his reply, but she was very amused her cousin had picked up another nickname and quick to nod. She knew August had been looking for ideas of Eion's interests to connect to him better or be more useful (something about doing this mentorship thing properly after last year?) and turned their post it conversation that way.

Post it for Eion
Definitely! =)
So what do you like to do, Eion? Anything you're looking forward to? (Quidditch? A particular class?)

Still open to Interaction/ interruption smile

Miss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

addaellis

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:16 pm
User Image
User Image

"Living without a ton of technology sounds difficult," Rhiannon said earnestly, "Gideon and I were raised like muggles for the most part." They'd only really dealt with magic for the past three or four years. She felt like she had learned enough about magic to blend in with her classmates in that time, though. Rhiannon kind of wish her mother told her about magic sooner, maybe then things would have been different. Or better, but there was always a chance that it would be worse. Her cheeks flushed a light shade of pink as Laurel laughed at her words. Was she laughing at her? Rhiannon smiled, as if she was laughing at her own words too. If she could pass off as a joke, she would. "I think I'd be down to sneak out right now if it meant I was going to be getting food soon. I'm starving," She said as she looked back toward the podium where the Sorting was taking place. Rhiannon turned her attention back onto Laurel, "Any cool places you're dad's shown you? Like, somewhere not many people know about?" She asked curiously, she wasn't necessarily one to break the rules, but she might be willing under proper circumstances. Besides, what was so bad about having more information?

The Forgotten Weasley

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games