Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 pm
@The Artisan Contest

Kojiro shrugged and sighed. He didn't expect anyone to be able to listen to them. " I do not know the Matsu's school so well, but I am familiar with the Kakita one. If you would like, I could give you the names of the steps he's going through." Kojiro uttered in a quieter tone. He would divide his attention equally between the two bushi. Maru did have a point.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 9, 6, 9, 3, 2 Total: 38 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:28 pm
OOC:
Intelligence/ Know the School (Crane) Roll for Kojiro, if only for his own entertainment.

4k3 w/ 2 spare dice to handle explosions!
Results: 27  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 5, 6, 3, 4, 7, 2, 6 Total: 33 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:31 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

When Benjiro asked if there was anything else, Kyumi looked a bit uncertain. She hadn't been entirely certain that what she'd heard had been what she thought it was, but... Perhaps it would be better to ask about or bring it up while she still could.

"I... I know this might sound strange, but... Did you hear anything a moment ago? Like... A man screaming?" Kyumi asked.

((Rolling Investigation to hear if the screaming is still going on or not. 5k3 = 18 ))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

"It's nothing you should concern yourself with," Benjiro would say, somewhat coldly. "My fellow magistrate is doing a simple interrogation. Once Doji Koan confesses to his crimes, he can be arraigned and tried quickly and painlessly using the confession." He would turn away from Kyumi then, and begin walking off with the Daidoji who had come for him.

Kyumi would not hear a subsequent scream this time.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 4, 10, 1 Total: 24 (5-50)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm
Seichiro bowed, performing his mock duel alongside the Kakita, Zanzen.

5k2+3=40

Quality: Excellent (3 Raises on Quality, 3 Free Raises on Quality)

2 Free raises for +10 to the final roll, Void point used for an extra +5  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:09 pm
BOOM! HERE COMES THE BOOM! READY OR NOT?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 pm
@ Artisan Competition:

Zanzen's Result: 11, +3 emphasis, -1 penalty, +15 free raises = 28.
Seichiro's Result: 23, +3 emphasis, -1 penalty, +15 free raises = 40.
Average result = 34 vs TN 25, Pass

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zanzen and Seichiro would begin to duel in front of the crowd, who were surprised at first. It definitely seemed like the two would be going for blood, but each swing was masterfully blocked or evaded; blows that would have decimated most of the bushi currently observing, were skillfully deflected by a sheer demonstration of skill.

Steel met steel, sparks flew, and blades crashed like thunder, undoubtedly pleasing Osano-Wo. One single misstep could have, and most likely would have, maimed either opponent, but as the tempo was increased, the climatic finale would rapidly approach...

Though part of the majesty was lost as Seppun Benjiro, carrying two pieces of paper, forced his way through the crowd, confused samurai parting the way by the magistrate's sudden and abrasive entrance in the middle of a demonstration. He would approach the supervising judge, Doji Kita, and begin speaking with her in a hushed whisper.

As Zanzen and Seichiro finished with a dual strike, each one's blade stopping mere inches in front of the other's faces, there would be a somewhat less impressive round of applauds, as the samurai were trying to give privacy, yet try to listen in to the conversation. Kita was handed a parchment by her ally and was already amidst reading it.

She would clap a hand over her mouth, and say quietly, "Kami, no..." Tears suddenly began to flow down her cheeks, as she turned and ran from the competition.  
Mongooseh rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 3, 5 Total: 16 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:49 pm
Kagae watched as the competition ended prematurely as a teary Kita ran off and begun to rub his chin and twizzle his short beard in thought finally turning his mind to the Doji family lines.

'I wonder if Kita is related to Koan' he thought to himself with excessive beard twizzling.

(4k4 Lore: Heraldry vs tn 15. Result: 16)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:26 pm
Crane/Lion Shenaniwins

Breathing a bit he turned to bow, only to see Doji Kita run off. Still doing so, he frowned before starting to move aside with Seichero. "You did splendid for holding back your strikes. I think I am beginning to understand why you defeated me that first day. It won't happen again though. Tomorrow, I hope our blades can meet again."

Turning off at this point, he'd make his way towards the samurai that would have been around Doji Kita, attempting to find out what could have caused her reaction.
-----------------

Awareness/Courtier: 2k2 I think.

Or Intelligence/Investigation, 2k2 as well. Not sure which is the correct one here.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:28 pm
@Artisan Competition

The Scorpion would make several steps towards the direction Kita ran off to, although he was very sure that several other people might be better than he at talking to Kita. However, he could feel the hurt from here and was sorely tempted to go off after her. Kojiro was aware on how staggeringly bad a choice he might be and stood his ground.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:51 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:
"Oh..." Kyumi would answer quietly. Her face paled at the thought. "If that's all it is, then there's no need for me to worry..." She had nothing else to say to that.

Once she was allowed to do so, Kyumi would quickly exit the tent. "Seppun-sama says that I can go for now... I think I'd like to head back to my tent."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:05 pm
@ Artisan Interruption:

From hearing those names in the past, Kagae would know that there would be no direct familial relation between Kita and Koan.

As Zanzen attempted to communicate with his fellow samurai and find out what happened, he failed to get even beyond TN 5, so is promptly ignored for his bad dice luck, lest it rub off on them. Must be the eyes.

Kojiro would begin to try to follow Kita, thinking better of it and deciding not to. "What are you doing?! This is none of our business..." Maru scolded him as she grabbed his sleeve, trying to pull him back towards the crowd. "There's nothing you can do, Kojiro-san," she would repeat, trying to get it through his head.

"Everyone, please, hold tight. The competition isn't over, so wait until one of us returns." Benjiro instructed, as he began to move after Kita. Though after a few paces, he stopped again, looking to Kojiro. "Oh," he said, extending a hand with the other letter in it. "This came urgent from your Clan's lands. At least it's a little bit of good news."

After it was handed off, Benjiro would chase after Kita, leaving the rest of you unsupervised.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm
@Artisan Competition

Kojiro nodded and gulped as he gingerly took the missive and bowed to Benjiro as he went off after Kita. He carefully glanced at the letter and read it twice, thrice, and four times over. "We're going to need to find some sake tonight...we'll need to toast Bayushi Kentaro!" Kojiro smiled weakly as he handed the letter over to Maru.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 pm
@Artisan Competition

Hisashi quietly stood to the side as the goings on were going on. He did, however, raise an eyebrow as Kojiro reacted to the missive in such a... uncomfortable way.

Curious though he may be, he knew better than to poke his nose into the business of others... it had already caused him headaches in the past, and now was not the time to add another thing to the list of complications.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:02 pm
@The Artisan Contest

As soon as Kojiro mentioned sake, he noticed the Mantis, Yoritomo Hisashi. "You've met Hisashi-san before, haven't you, Maru-san? I'm going to see if I can cajole a couple bottles out of him. Do you want to come with?"

Whether or not Maru agreed, Kojiro would try to make his way to the Mantis. "Hisashi-san! How good to see you again. We haven't spoken much after the Archery tournament. How have you been? It seems Susumu-san has really found his stride in the last two days."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games