Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 161 162 163 164 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:48 pm
Her dirty paws and furry coat
She ran down the forest slope
The forest of talking trees
They used to sing about the birds and the bees
The bees had declared a war

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

RAVENCLAW │ HALFBREED │ FIRST YEAR

Laurel found it difficult to imagine growing up without magic; that'd never been an option for her or her siblings, given the fact that her mother wasn't human, and her father wasn't always human either. She supposed they could have tried to hide the fact that he was a werewolf from them, but her mother's nature was much harder to disguise. Sure, nymphs looked a good deal like humans, aside from their small stature, but they were still clearly magical, other, in a way that your average witch or wizard wasn't. Laurel knew her mother loved them all dearly, but she didn't think the way a human mother would. Sometimes she felt more like a friend or companion than a parent. "Well, we're even, because I don't know all that much about muggles," Laurel pointed out. "Or- I know some things, because I'm friends with Billie, and her family knows way more about muggle stuff. But I don't know about music or films or toys or anything like that," she shrugged.

"It doesn't really bother me, because I don't know what I'm missing out on, right? Like if you never tried a certain food. I mostly like being outside," she jerked her head up at the starry ceiling and floating candles, "and this doesn't count, 'cause it's all fake." She groaned and glanced up at the Sorting, still ongoing. "I guess they don't let everyone eat right away so we'll pay attention or something. Sucks. The kitchens are cool," she added swiftly, "so long as house elves don't bug you. They freak some people out, I think, because they get really annoyed if you mess with their work. And the lake and the forest, obviously. 'Cept if they catch you sneaking out to the forest, you'll be in detention pretty much all year, because people are always almost getting themselves killed."

OOC:
Rawwry

The sky wasn't big enough for them all
The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
So for a while things were cold
They were scared down in their holes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:05 pm
User Image
User Image

w e x d o n ' t x b e l i e v e x w h a t ' s x o n x T V - - -
f i r s t x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
r a v e n c l a w x t a b l e x
l a u r e l x a n d x r a v e n c l a w s
r a v e n c l a w x u n i f o r m

Rhiannon nodded, the pair of them were kind of like opposites. Laurel had a sister and she had a brother, Rhiannon was raised with minimal magic and Laurel was raised with only magic. Perhaps the phrase "opposites attract" was accurate? Or maybe none of it mattered and they only really met because they were sorted into the same house. She supposed it didn't really matter now, they were now talking to each other, it probably would've happened anyway. They were the only two girls of their year in Ravenclaw after all. They'd be sharing a room. "I could show you some day, probably not here, you know, 'cause of the whole "magic" thing. We have a lot of those vinyl record things, maybe those would work or something?" Rhiannon suggested. Of course, that meant bringing someone to their house, which would be okay, she guessed. It's not like Laurel knew of her mom, or cared to know who her mom was. Then again, she wasn't even sure it would happen, so, for now, she wouldn't think too much of it. "That makes sense, though. I didn't know I was missing out on gelato until I went to Rome and now I will never look at ice cream the same," Rhiannon admitted, dramatically placing a hand over her heart.

"I've mostly lived in the city, so being in, like, the actual outdoors is a little foreign to me. My family went camping once, but we left early because of the bugs." It was their proudest moment, sure, and they hadn't tried again since. Maybe she'd try and convince her mom to make another attempt, but, then again, maybe not. "The kitchens sound cool, but I dunno that I'd want to get in the way of anyone working. Doesn't really matter to me that they're house elves." She shrugged, she was more caught up with the fact that people died in the forest. Did that include students? She felt torn, she was very curious about it, but very much did not want to die at the ripe, old age of eleven. "Sounds kind of stupid to go out in the forest to me, 'specially if you know the consequences, like people dying all the time, and still make the choice to go out there and do it. Like, either they're being too reckless or arrogant, thinking they were skilled enough to handle something called the "Forbidden Forest"," she said, not necessarily meaning to insult those who had died within that area, but it didn't seem very logical to her, what with the ominous name and reputation and all. "Though, I s'pose if you are skilled enough, it might be pretty cool."

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

The Forgotten Weasley

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel shrugged. "I heard some rumors about people trying to get muggle radios and stuff to work here, but who knows. A record player- the spinny thing, right? Maybe that would work. All I know is that cell phones and computers are a no-go." Not that she felt that she was missing out; Laurel didn't know why you'd want to stare at something on a screen when you could just go out and do it yourself. Additionally, she'd never cared about famous people or what they might look like. "I've never been to Rome," she commented. "I don't think we've ever left the UK, actually. I'd like to go, though. Some people take a year off to travel all around magical Europe after graduation. We haven't really got that much money, but I could probably backpack,"[/color[ she mused. As disdainful as she could be of big cities, she did want to travel at some point. Rhiannon's mum being a singer had probably helped with that.

"My whole life's been in the outdoors," she snorted. "I mean- we have an actual house in the village, but lots of times I just sleep outside in the summer in a hammock or on a quilt," Laurel smiled slightly at the thought. "Although it gets kind of cold and wet sometimes. My family's really into nature, if you couldn't tell. Lots of hiking and compass-reading and herb gathering. And bugs. On the plus side, I'm not really scared of spiders or wasps or anything." She didn't necessarily love insects, but she generally didn't mind them either, and had no qualms about picking them up or navigating carefully around them. "The forest can be really nice,"[/color[ she said. "I've been in it loads with my mum and da. But even Da doesn't like us going in there alone, and especially not at night." Not that she'd always strictly followed those rules, but still. "Some of the creatures in there don't really like humans. Like the centaurs. Or the acromantulas. Well, the acromantulas do like them. To eat."

OOC:
Rawwry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Rhiannon nodded, she'd have to figure out how to make the record player work, but she could manage. Just had to set in spinning and put that needle thing down on the record, or something like that. She had felt a bit weird with the lack of technology, but hadn't really had time to think about it what with the rapid series of events of the day. "Rome's a bit overwhelming, lots of people. Cool history, though," she said. Rhiannon recognized that she led a privileged life, but sometimes it was difficult for her to really understand all of the things she didn't really have to worry about, money included. "Backpacking could be fun, too. I've never stayed in a hostel but I've always wanted to try it."

Truthfully, the only time Rhiannon had spent much time in a hammock, she had fallen asleep on a beach and gotten a really bad sunburn. And there had been a citronella candle right next to her to keep the mosquitoes away. "I like bees!" Rhiannon said, in an attempt to the whole loving nature thing. It wasn't that she didn't like nature, it's just that she hadn't spent a lot of time out in nature. "I really want to go hiking like early in the morning and watch the sunrise sometime," Rhiannon confessed, she usually didn't go anywhere without someone with her. Generally, Gideon was always by her side, but even when he was sick, there was someone around to make sure she was safe, thanks to her mother. She wasn't so sure why there was so much security all the time, her mother was past her prime - no offense to her mother - and no one was super invested in her kids anymore. It was like they had shown any prodigal artistic talent before. Nevertheless, she was never alone. Maybe she'd get her chance at school. Rhiannon pursed her lips as Laurel spoke of the creatures in the forest. It seemed too dangerous for her tastes. Maybe when she knew more magic, when she could protect herself well. "What's an acromantula?" Rhiannon asked, it sounded like a tarantula, but it was magic, so it could be anything.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d x w h a t x w e x w a n t x w e x k n o w x w e x c a n ' t x b e l i e v ex - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

The Forgotten Weasley

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:27 pm

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel had no idea what a hostel was - a hotel hospital?- but she wasn't about to let on to that fact. "Bees are good," she agreed, "I really like honey, especially in my tea." She also liked Bertie Botts and fizzing whizzbees, but since Rhiannon seemed to have had a mostly muggle upbringing, she didn't really feel like getting into the zany world of magical sweets. "You should," she said encouragingly when Rhiannon mentioned a desire to see the sunrise. "I love watching the sun come up and go down- I really like star-gazing," she continued, warming to the topic a little, "You can see all these neat constellations out here because there's no artificial light- but I reckon they'll explain all of that in Astronomy. It's one of the only classes I'm looking forward to," she rolled her eyes. Even then, the homework was probably going to be really tedious. Laurel enjoyed learning, just not the whole 'learning while stuck behind a cramped little desk with a quill in hand' thing. "An acromantula's basically a giant spider," she said. "But they can speak English, and they're really clever. Bit dodgy, though. Definitely don't want to go into their territory and get gobbled up." Laurel had never actually spoken to one herself, nor did she have much desire to, anymore than she would like to speak to a Dementor. Still, they were cool to observe from a (very far) distance.

OOC:
Rawwry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:27 am
User Image
User Image

Rhiannon nodded in agreement, she really liked honey. She usually put it on biscuits or in her tea, but on the rare occasion, she'd just stick a spoonful of honey in her mouth when she thought no one was around to catch her. That probably wasn't something she should bring up now, though. "I like waking up early in the morning anyway, but getting to watch the sun rise is an added plus," Rhiannon said, she preferred getting up early because usually she would be by herself in the house as everyone else slept. It made it easier to do things. "I think I'm looking forward to flying, but mostly because I wanna play quidditch. But I reckon I'd like astronomy too," she shrugged, she knew very little about the stars and constellations and what not, but she was sure if there was a chart somewhere she could memorize it quickly enough. Though, when Laurel explained that an acromantula was actually a man-eating spider, Rhiannon pulled a face. That seemed like a less than optimal creature to keep near a school filled with students, that could be eaten. "They stay within their territory, right?" She asked, taking a mental note to never, ever try and get near anywhere an acromantula might have been.

The Forgotten Weasley

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:33 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sona?
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What is this?

Eion read the note, then looked at the girl a little more. She was older, which made sense being friends with Augs... Was she not able to talk, or did she just think he didn't want to talk? He bit his lip for a second, but decided to try answering without writing. Besides, he'd noticed her struggling to read his bad writing. It was something Eme and Sena had been working on, but he just couldn't make the letters work right. Oh well. He turned to look up at her, then decided to answer her questions. "I like to collect stuff. And watch movies... um.. and learn? 'Bout magic creatures 'specially. Um..." He paused a second to read the other part of the letter about things he was looking forward to. "And for lookin' forward to stuff, it's goin' home. And maybe also... well, my brother, Ferdie, was in the news club.... but I'm not good at writin'." He squirmed a bit, trying to adjust his uncomfortable clothes. He didn't like being fancy dressed, but if he had to wear this stuff daily, he'd lose his marbles.

addaellis

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

Sonora was a little worried that Eion's hesitation was an indication she'd been to forward--but and happy when he decided to respond, even if it was sans-post-it. She nodded along, confirming that this was Ferdie's brother Eion--it made even more sense why August felt the need to mento him "properly", compounded his self-regarded "failure" last year with Rhea, Brook and Aidene.

She smiled sympathetically when he mentioned looking forward to going home, remembering her own first year--and Lee's first year. She'd note it for August, along with notes about Eion being interested in magical creatures. No doubt August would head straight to the library to compile a "light reading list".

"What do you collect?" she asked, also replying sans post-it. It seemed like the Sorting was mostly finished anyways. "Not that good yet," she finished brightly. "And the newspaper sounds like a great way to practice reporting writing! You'll be better in no time!"

She tapped Jonah's arm next to her to get his attention. "Speaking of the Dragon, Jonah here is the Editor in Chief this year, just like Ferdie used to be. Jonah, this is Ferdie's brother Eion."

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

addaellis

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am

User Image
LAUREL
NICOLE
HILL

Laurel brightened at the mention of flying. "I want to try out for the team next year. I've never played before, but I've gone to matches here." Of course, it wasn't always very interesting to just sit in the stands, waiting for something to happen. Laurel would much rather be one of the people up in the air, dangerous as Quidditch could be. "Well, it's not like they're going to come strolling up to the school," she snickered. "The forest is massive. You shouldn't be running into any giant spiders unless you're trying to find them. But every other year some dumbarse thinks they know everything and goes wandering in after dark." She didn't mention the werewolves, since that was maybe a little too close to home. Suffice to say, the forest could be very dangerous, even for people who knew it well. "Besides, there's stuff to explore inside the castle too," she added. "Even I don't know where everything is. I've never been in any of the common rooms- I just know we're in a tower." That was a little more interesting than being under the lake or in the basement, at least. She hoped they had a good view of the forest.

OOC:
Rawwry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:45 pm
User Image
User Image
If we take a walk out, in the morning dew,
We can lie down, so I'm next to you,
Come inside for a little home made tea,
And if you fall asleep, at least you're next to me,

User Image

Half-BloodRavenclaw PrefectFifth Year BeaterFifteen Years OldEditor of The Daily DragonDueling Club

» September 1, 2046 » Great Hall » With: Iggy, Sonora, Eion, Ravenclaws
» Wearing: School Robes, a shiny new Prefect's pin, and a fresh pair of glasses. » Status: "MERLIN I'm tired."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah was struggling to make it through the sorting, on one of his more agonizing caffeine crashes. Although he had spent his last four years at Hogwarts reading ahead in classes and breezing by finals, this year was OWLs, and that was some serious business. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and Jonah had a plan: Super-Powered Coffee. A thermos spiked with 5 Hour Energy! This morning had been the initial trial run, and boy was the crash rough. Still, not as bad as his 14-cup crash after quidditch tryouts a while back. He couldn’t wait for the sorting to be done—he needed another cup of coffee in his system before he and Sonora led the first years up to the tower.

In the meantime, the caffeine-addict was about as content as he could be under present circumstances. Sat in his usual spot between Iggy and Sonora, Jonah leaned into his boyfriend’s side, scribbling notes and doodles back and forth with each other while he struggled to stay awake. It was nice, though the way his glasses pushed against his cheek while he lay his head on his arm was a little annoying. At least he could read what Iggy was writing now. Now if only he could figure out how the tosser made his text message fonts so large so he could change them back to normal next break.

Sonora had been at her usual post-it routine, passing notes with who he assumed was a scared first year again. It wasn’t a surprise she had gotten prefect; she was an angel with a calming voice that could sooth even the angriest of beasts. A small voice beside her mentioned something about magical creatures, catching Jonah’s attention just briefly. Another potential magizoologist? That could be fun. Then there was the mention of The Daily Dragon and Jonah groggily realized that was his cue. ‘Okay, time to get up.' With a yawn and a stretch as he sat up properly, Jonah smoothly slung his arm around Sonora’s shoulder, resting his chin on her right so he could get a better view of the kid she was chatting with. “What’s up?” He listened carefully for the first year’s name as Sonora introduced them. Apparently he was Ferdie’s little brother! Who would’ve thought?

“Hi Eion, it’s nice to meet you. You’ve already made friends with the nicest girl around, did you know that?” He grinned, giving Sonora’s shoulders an affectionate squeeze. “Are you thinking about joining The Dragon? We could always use the extra hands! Even if you don’t wanna write, the photography’s fun. Really helped me find my way around the castle first year. Lots of great sights to capture.” The poor kid didn't look like he wanted to be there at all. Maybe if he saw what the school was about it would change his tune? But if he were to join and wanted to write... Well, Jonah could work with that too.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

And if I wake up, say it's late love, go back to sleep,
I'm covered by nature, and I'm safe now,
Underneath this oak tree, with you beside me.

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:01 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sona and Jonah
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Hey they rhyme

Eion blinked and flushed when Sona asked what he collected. She'd probably think him a psycho if he told her, so he shrugged awkwardly. "Oh, um... y'know.... all sorts of stuff." It was clear to anyone that he was flustered by the question, but he didn't want to tell her why. He was trying to make friends, not ostracize himself forever. Besides, he wasn't really sure if he wanted to tell people he only had one eye. Every time he'd ever mentioned it before they made him say why and he just didn't like that story. After he said he wasn't planning on joining the news team, Sona told him he'd get better, then pointed out her friend, who apparently had Ferdie's old job.

Eion looked at the older boy, who seemed to be buzzing slightly. That had to be a trick of the light.... right? He told him that Sona was the nicest girl around and Eion nodded, happy she'd made time to talk to him. "I figured. No one really normally likes me much.... even now, it's only 'cause of Ferdie, really." He squirmed nervously, wondering if he should be grateful or mildly annoyed.... maybe both. Jonah recommended photography if Eion didn't want to write, and the boy shrugged. "Maybe? I don't see really well, so I'm afraid my pictures wouldn't be good either." He frowned slightly, feeling bad because he didn't think he was good enough to join their club. If he did, they'd all have to just fix his work 'cause he didn't think he was good enough.

addaellis

Trickblues

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:49 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

”Stuff is good,” Sonora replied to Eion's vague reply with a small conspiratorial smile. ”I guess I collect bookmarks. Perhaps we could trade collections sometime?”

She let Jonah and Eion talk, mostly just being there to murmur her encouragement as she enjoyed the opening meal. At some point in the feast she smelled something fairly distinct from Jonah’s goblet. Was he drinking...more coffee? He was already doing the too-much-coffee dance! Also it was late! How would he ever sleep? Quickly, when he seemed distracted by conversation, Sona swapped their goblets so he had warm water, then snagged her wand with a quiet ”Evanesco”. She was quite pleased when the coffee vanished as expected, as she hadn’t had a chance to actually practice the spell yet. If he noticed, well, a little prank in the interest of sleep and health was definitely okay!
--

After a full meal and good conversation around the table, Sona eventually retired to reviewing the study and practice schedule in her notebook and winding down of reflecting on the day and what needed doing tomorrow. Speaking of things to do, it was their job as new prefects to lead the first years to the Tower, wasn't it? That...probably meant she should linger past her usual early bedtime. At 22:30 Sona glanced over at the other first years. Finally, she tapped Jonah’s elbow and asked quietly, ”Is it still too early to take the first years upstairs?"

Evanesco is technically listed as 5th year, but since it is a transfiguration and she's been quite on top of spellcasting in particular, + summer pre-studying is an established thing with her, I was thinking it could be allowed ^_^ As always, willing to edit.

Miss GryffindorK

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:24 pm
User Image
User Image
If we take a walk out, in the morning dew,
We can lie down, so I'm next to you,
Come inside for a little home made tea,
And if you fall asleep, at least you're next to me,

User Image

Half-BloodRavenclaw PrefectFifth Year BeaterFifteen Years OldEditor of The Daily DragonDueling Club

» September 1, 2046 » Great Hall » With: Eion, Iggy, Sonora, Ravenclaws
» Wearing: School Robes, a shiny new Prefect's pin, and a fresh pair of glasses. » Status:Nervous, but fine

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

‘Poor kid’s got no confidence…’ Jonah found himself thinking as he listened to the younger boy. He could relate. When he’d first started, he didn’t exactly expect to make many friends either. He remembered trying with Alexander Mason, but of course, the bloke had gone off with a different group after the first few months and they didn’t even talk anymore. If Sonora hadn’t looked after him at the feast his first night as well, he’d probably be studying in the library by himself most nights. “Listen, Eion. Anyone with an older relative in this school is gonna meet some people through that person. That’s just how connections work. But, it’s gonna be up to you whether or not people will actually like you. Ferdie’s got nothing to do with it. Personally, I like you just fine. I think Ravenclaw’s going to be perfect for you. Just… You know, try your best, okay? And try not to worry about the other people too much. Trust me, the right people will find you.” He reached over to give the boy a quick ruffle of his hair before pulling back from Sona and returning properly to his seat. “And with The Dragon, don’t sweat it. Don’t feel like you should do anything because your brother did. But, I really would love to have you there. Door’s always open.” Jonah decided it was best to leave it at that. Besides, it was time to eat, and he was starving.

During the meal though, he’d been shocked to find his coffee had been swapped out for water. A suspicious glance to Sonora confirmed she was the mastermind behind the theft and he chuckled at the prank, taking the hint. “You’re worse than my mother. Fine, I’ll drink the bloody water.” But seriously, warm water? That he’d have to fix. A quickly cast “Glacius” left his water—Sonora’s water?—nice and chilled, if not partially frozen. Well, it’d take some more practice, but it would do just fine.

--

Towards the end of the evening Jonah had felt a light tap on his arm. He turned his attention to Sonora and listened carefully for her question, nearly impossible to hear among all the chatter around them, but he was pretty sure he got the gist of it. “Oh, maybe?” It didn’t look like the other tables were being gathered right then, but after a glance at his pocket watch, it certainly did seem like it was time to hit the corridors. The first years seemed to be done eating, so why not? “Yeah, sure, let’s round ‘em up.”

Jonah stood from his seat, then up on the bench so to easier catch the attention of the younger students. He offered Sonora his hand to pull her up with him. Actually, now that they were up, it was a little nerve-wracking to have so many little faces looking up at them. Sonora squeaked a "Hello!" and he hid a snicker behind his hand. At least he wasn’t alone in this.

“Once again, welcome to Ravenclaw! My name is Sonora Li, one of your house prefects. This is Jonah Lane, your other fifth year prefect.”

“We know you’re having fun and the night is young, but it’s time to head to the Common Room. Grab a buddy and follow us! It’s a long way up.” Jonah hopped backwards off the bench before carefully helping Sonora back down. Once the kids began to line up, he did a quick headcount, and nodded to Sonora. “I think we’re good. Alright kids, let’s move out!”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Sona used with permission from Adda, with diaglogue written by Adda. o3o
Let me know if anything needs edited!
Quote:

Quote:

And if I wake up, say it's late love, go back to sleep,
I'm covered by nature, and I'm safe now,
Underneath this oak tree, with you beside me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Table
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Thoughts
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Watching the Sorting
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm already ready for bed.

After being sorted, Finley looked up at the professor nervously. With a small sigh, he walked over to the table cheering, hoping it was correct. He sat down a bit away, using his long hair to hopefully hide himself. He didn't know anyone, and despite being right up the road, never felt further from home. The one good thing he could say was that he was glad he'd been adopted. Having to come here from Wool's would've felt a nightmare. He sighed, turning his attention over to the long line of students still being sorted. One of them piqued his interest, with Finley realizing he'd been at Wool's too. Oh lord. The newly minted Ravenclaw only wanted to go to bed, but had to wonder when he'd be lucky enough to go.

{{OoC: Open for interaction!}}

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:43 pm
User Image

User Image

h e y , x l i t t l e x s o n g x b i r d - - -
s e c o n d x y e a r x r a v e n c l a w x
r a v e n c l a w x t a b l e
r a v e n c l a w sx
r e s e r v e x c h a s e r
s o r t i n g x c e r e m o n y

Rhiannon watched the sorting ceremony, not overly interested in it. Though, she supposed it might be important to be able to recognize a few faces. But, then again, maybe not. Rhi sighed quietly, admittedly, she was really hoping to make the starting lineup for the quidditch team this year, but doubted it. She had totally outplayed Brooke last year, but still hadn't made it. It really didn't do much for her ego. Maybe it was because she hadn't completed the advanced flying courses? She pursed her lips, whatever. She'd just...try again, she guessed. Her ego wasn't bruised enough to give up something that she really enjoyed just yet.

Rhiannon noticed a newly sorted first year sit by himself. She pressed her lips together in a tight smile toward him, acknowledging his presence. Maybe she should at least talk to him? Rhi had definitely felt a bit more comfortable once Laurel spoke to her last year when she was in his position. Sighing to herself, she stood and moved a bit closer to him. "Hey, kid," she said, although she was not much older than herself, "I'm Rhiannon Engels, you?" Sure, it wasn't the most polite, but she was working on it.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾- - - - - - - - - - - - n o x b o d y x s i n g s x o n x e m p t y x - - - - - - - - - - - -☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

Miss GryffindorK

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 161 162 163 164 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games