Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
The Pokemon Center(OOC Chat Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 270 271 272 273 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otternavy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:50 pm
Blizzard120
Pyro_gigas
Blizzard120
Sub thought I should make this well known enough; Here's the mission I have been working on for a while. Grab a coke and a cookie.

Cold One's Mission Archive

xD Ohman, if Hawk heard some of the things Blizz has said in there, he'd throw a fit.

Well. No one said some crude humor couldn't be used in a mission. >.> <.<"

Crude humor is one of the better kinds, imo. :O :I :O :I :O :I :O  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 pm
I am now imagining Blizz with a rusty crowbar.

Because it's a very bad joke.  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Night The Zombie Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm
Random Question: Which of these is the best?

Pokémon, Yu-gi-oh, Bakugan, or the super old Digimon

I vote Pokémon ^.^{Bakugan's a rip off of Yu-gi-oh and Digimon's a rip-off of Pokémon. Yu-gi-oh is just super confusing and boring}  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm
Bisquit_Boys

I vote Pokémon ^.^{Bakugan's a rip off of Yu-gi-oh and Digimon's a rip-off of Pokémon. Yu-gi-oh is just super confusing and boring}
Pokemon of course. That said, I did enjoy the old Digimon, and sometimes still enjoy the games. And I did enjoy the old Yu-Gi-Oh and used to play it. As for Bakugan, my kid likes it and tries to have me play it with him, but it is just way too confusing for me. A garbled mess of rules and game play.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Magiking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:08 pm
Bisquit_Boys

Toss up between Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh and Digimon. I loved them all, collected the cards for all of them and tried to play all of the videogames. I love them all, expect Bakugan.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:32 pm
Bisquit_Boys

you do realize that digimon came out before pokemon did right? ^_^

as for my vote...
I hardly played/watched Yu-gi-oh so I can't say much about it but I liked the dragons ;D
Bakugan was all right, the plot made me curious enough to get through the first season. The games were generally repetitive, felt like I might as well played pinball or some card games.
Now between pokemon and digimon. I do prefer pokemon, the show is meh but I'm glad that they came up with a plot a little bit more interesting in B/W. The battle system and evs/ivs/all that nonesense is very important and hard for me to calculate to perfection within the team but at least I have the basics understandings of it. Unlike the digimon games, where while they were really fun to play, I had no idea how to really "train" my digimon. And the farm takes too long. However, I grew up with digimon and will always love them ;3 It's just that being old makes me choose a preference (not to mention that it's hard to find competitive stuff about digimon imo.) whatever, I'm no hater.  

DignityPower

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm
Digimon first appeared in narrative form in the one-shot manga “C'mon Digimon”, released in the summer of 1997. C'mon Digimon spawned the popular Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 manga, written by Hiroshi Izawa, which began serialization on November 21, 1998.

-Wikipedia, Digimon Article

The Digital Monster was a virtual pet released in 1997 by Bandai. These pets were a spin-off of the Tamagotchi, mainly for boys[1]

- Wikipedia Digital Monster (Virtual pet) article

Pokemon Red and Green
Original release February 27, 1996

-Wikipedia, Pokemon (video game series) article  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:52 pm
Trigramatic
Digimon first appeared in narrative form in the one-shot manga “C'mon Digimon”, released in the summer of 1997. C'mon Digimon spawned the popular Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 manga, written by Hiroshi Izawa, which began serialization on November 21, 1998.

-Wikipedia, Digimon Article

The Digital Monster was a virtual pet released in 1997 by Bandai. These pets were a spin-off of the Tamagotchi, mainly for boys[1]

- Wikipedia Digital Monster (Virtual pet) article

Pokemon Red and Green
Original release February 27, 1996

-Wikipedia, Pokemon (video game series) article

All arguments on Digimon stealing from Pokemon are now null and void. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled lives  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:00 pm
As far as I can tell, Digimon was originally meant to expand the Tamagotchi market, and it was perhaps Pokemon's influence that made the media climate so welcoming for Digimon. Both 'mon manga premiered in the summer of 1997 and were rivals in that market. Pokemon's success over Digimon may have come down to:

a) its mascot, Pikachu;
b) the respective IP's parent companies;
c) The vast number uniquely identifiable Pokemon;
d) Timing with the Game Boy's popularity. The first Digimon game seems to have released for the Sega Saturn.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm
Trigramatic
As far as I can tell, Digimon was originally meant to expand the Tamagotchi market, and it was perhaps Pokemon's influence that made the media climate so welcoming for Digimon. Both 'mon manga premiered in the summer of 1997 and were rivals in that market. Pokemon's success over Digimon may have come down to:

a) its mascot, Pikachu;
b) the respective IP's parent companies;
c) The vast number uniquely identifiable Pokemon;
d) Timing with the Game Boy's popularity. The first Digimon game seems to have released for the Sega Saturn.

Not to make you seem old or anything, but what's a Sega Saturn sweatdrop  

Night The Zombie Fanatic

KytanaTheThief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 pm
Dude....Saturn came out after the freaking genesis, it's not that old >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:39 pm
E: What she said ^

The Sega Saturn is the entirely new system (not a Genesis/Mega Drive add on like the CD/32X) which came after the Genesis. It bombed pretty hard. Even the Dreamcast still has a cult following.  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Night The Zombie Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 pm
I'm stupid sweatdrop ....
I don't even know what that is crying
The only old systems I know are the Ps1, Gameboy, Gamecube O.O  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Bisquit_Boys

Not to make you seem old or anything, but what's a Sega Saturn sweatdrop

Now, I feel like some little old man. Gosh. Those were good days. (Nostalgia moment)  

Magiking

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm
Bisquit_Boys
I'm stupid sweatdrop ....
I don't even know what that is crying
The only old systems I know are the Ps1, Gameboy, Gamecube O.O
User Image  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 270 271 272 273 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games