Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:24 pm
@ Artisan Competition

After completing his story, Hisashi would bow deeply to his audience. He was aware that his ending was weaker than perhaps it could have been, but he made a strong effort by telling the tale with emotion and grace. It wasn't much, but he had tried hard to bring the story to life. He couldn't help but kick himself a bit for perhaps not trying harder, but it was too late to go back now.

Though not content to leave the story as it was, he would accept its quality for the time being. It was now up to the judgment of the others.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:07 am
@The Artisan Competition

Kojiro would applaud politely. It was an interesting theme from the Mantis, given their current champion. It was told impressively, however. Truth be told, all other performances seemed to give a touch more than the number that Maru and he had performed. This might be the beginning of a long, long night.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 5 Total: 15 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:10 am
@ Artisan Competition:

Kagae clapped slightly in appreciation but by now his face was wearing one of a very tired man who looked like he had been working all day.

"Not to be rude or anything... Can we move this along? It was all pleasant I am sure but I am very weary and would like to retire to my tent now it seems to be over", pleaded Kagae with a yawn and a stretch even letting his hair down in preparation for him leaving for his cot. Shaking his hair slightly he begun stroking his beard in apprehension for the results.

(2k1 Etiquette to not seem rude. Result:10 )  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:25 pm
@ Artisan Competition Finale:

Quote:
"Not to be rude or anything... Can we move this along? It was all pleasant I am sure but I am very weary and would like to retire to my tent now it seems to be over", pleaded Kagae with a yawn and a stretch even letting his hair down in preparation for him leaving for his cot.

Benjiro would turn to look at Kagae as the engineer spoke up after the story finished. "There has been unforeseen and undesired complications with this event, so it did not run as smoothly as planned. HOWEVER, I am attempting to run this competition to the best of my ability, with it literally falling in my lap ten minutes ago. I may not be as agreeable as Kita-san, but you'll just have to make due with what you have, Kaiu Kagae."

Quote:
Kagae loses 1 point of honor for Committing a major breach of etiquette (telling the magistrate how to do his job/insulting one's host).

Turning his attentions away from the bored Crab, Benjiro would look back to Hisashi. "That's a tale I can't quite say I've heard before, Hisashi-san. It definitely sounds like a Mantis story, due to the foreign aspects of it. The ironic twist of it was a nice touch, as well. I think you did a superb job." Benjiro would clap his hands, and a few other samurai would join in, the numbers growing as applauds sounded for half a minute.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I've greatly enjoyed the parts of this competition that I myself have seen. Still, Kita-san strongly encouraged the quality of the work shown in the first half. She seemed... Doji Kita was very insistent that Kaiu Kagae, Kakita Zanzen, and Matsu Seichiro would all be the ones to beat this competition. She would have loved the scroll and the story, but I'm not sure if they would be enough to convince her of her prior decision."

Seppun Benjiro would nod to Yoritomo Hisashi, Asako Sumi, and Shinjo Gemmei. "You all did well in my eyes, and have earned my respect." Turning to Bayushi Kojiro and Soshi Maru, he would smile. "Sorry I was not able to watch your performance. I heard it was quite the sight." Clearing his throat, he would gesture towards the three victors of this competition.

"Kagae, Zanzen, Seichiro. All of you exceeded Kita's expectations, so you should be proud of yourselves. Victory is yours this day." Benjiro would applaud once more, followed by most of the other samurai gathered.

Yoritomo Hisashi - 1 point of Status for competing in the Artisan Competition.
Bayushi Kojiro - 1 point of Status for competing in the Artisan Competition.
Matsu Seichiro - 1 point of Status for competing in the Artisan Competition. 1 point of status for winning in the Artisan Competition.
Kakita Zanzen - 1 point of Status for competing in the Artisan Competition. 1 point of status for winning in the Artisan Competition.
Kaiu Kagae - 1 point of Status for competing in the Artisan Competition. 1 point of status for winning in the Artisan Competition.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:58 pm
@ Artisan Competition:

Slightly taken aback from Benjiro's words Kagae went a bit quiet for a while realising that he may of offended the magistrate. Though when Benjiro was finished speaking he spoke once again,

"With that I take my leave... Good night to you all I'm going to my tent to..." Kagae paused to think for a moment, "Enjoy tea till I pass out in my new tent."

Bowing and then turning Kagae made a speedy retreat to the crab tent where unless interrupted he would begin his nightly routine of making tea and maintaining his equipment.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 pm
@ Artisan Competition Finale, Part 2:

"However, before any of you leave," Benjiro said, raising a hand to grab attention. "There is one more matter which I must address all of you. The other magistrates and I have withheld some information from you; in addition to winning the various competitions, we were judging you all on a different matter altogether."

There would be murmurs from the crowd, as Benjiro waited for the commotion to die down. "Any samurai who competed in two different competitions are being awarded an additional point. Any samurai who competed in all three types of competitions will be awarded two additional points. Now, Hyotaru should be along shortly..."

No sooner than when the Seppun magistrate spoke those words, his young squire servant would come running up, clutching a rolled up scroll to his chest. "Ah! Here is is now. Thank you, Hyotaru." He would take the scroll from the young man, who bowed profusely, before vacating.

"This scroll has everyone's standings up until the Artisan Competition. If you give me a moment to look it over..." Turning from the crowd, he unfurled the scroll and examined the information scribed within by the torchlight.

"Kaiu Kagae. Ujina Denbe. Doji Koan. Matsu Seichiro. Yoritomo Susumu and Asako Sumi. Bayushi Kojiro and Kan. In that order, you are the topmost scoring samurai of the entire Tournament. You will either be dueling tomorrow, or having a second duel on your behalf. If you do not carry a katana, I suggest you spend the night securing one."

Smiling, he would give a brief open-handed salute. "I'm off to tell the other magistrates whom will be competing. Have a good night everyone. Those who didn't make the final cut, you tried your best, and have made your clans proud. Those who did, now comes the real test of your mettle. Sleep well, this last night."

And Benjiro would walk off.

"But... but I didn't score any points at all..." Mirumoto Sozen lamented as the samurai would begin to disperse.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm
@ Competition Finale:

"So it shall be." He chuckled to himself. He figured on these results, raising a hand to his left eye before leaving. It didn't help that he'd been having a bit of bad luck throughout the competition, especially a certain horse.

He turned and started towards the exit.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 pm
@After the Artisan Competition

Kojiro tried to take this news placidly. He had hoped that his gambit of attending each of the magistrate's events would pay off, but he didn't know that it would pay off so well. "I see. Perhaps we should retire to the Scorpion tent, Maru-san?" It was all the Bayushi could do to keep from doing the Happy Dance right in front of the whole group. Of course, Kojiro had just barely squeaked in, but he had a chance to win it all.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 am
@ Apparently very little latenight shenanigans this time...:

All the samurai would seemingly disperse without much communication, all splitting off to their respective Clans to discuss matters.

Crab. Crane. Lion. Mantis. Phoenix. Scorpion. Hare. And a monk. Neither the Mirumoto, nor the Kakita, made it in, thus making it a viable victory for ANYONE. But who would the courtiers choose as their seconds?

"Indeed, Kojiro-san. We have much to contemplate on tonight's events." Soshi Maru would pause, before caressing her fingertips along the bushi's cheek. "You've done well, Kojiro-san."

Not too far away, a certain monk would be speaking to a certain Matsu. "Congratulations, Seichiro-san! You must be ecstatic that you've come so far! To think, you have a shot at winning the whole thing. You must be so proud."

Kan would look at the dispersing crowd, unsure about something. "I have... someone in mind to choose for my second. It might not be the best choice, but I think it would be my best bet to clear the air around here. Come, I will tell you about it. Perhaps your insight into the matter will reassure my choice."

When Zanzen would return to the Crane tent, he would once more find it unoccupied. Where ever Koan was, it did not seem like he would be returning anytime soon. Would he return in time to the Iaijutsu competition? And what would happen if he did not? Ultimately, Zanzen would be faced with a choice:

What if Koan wanted him to be his second?

Yoritomo Susumu would burst through the flaps of the Mantis tent, pumping his arms victoriously. "Hisa-san! I did it! I showed those bastards that the Mantis aren't fools! I'm going to be slicing and dicing up those Great Clan snobs tomorrow like nobody's business! Tonight, we drink in celebration! And to get rid of this hangover!"

In the Crab Tent, Kaiu Kagae would not find the immediate rest he desired. Kaori and Hogai would be ready to give him words of praise. "You took all of us by surprise, Kagae-san! You did so well at the Martial Duels, that Bishamon himself must've been at your side! With any luck, you'll still have his blessing by tomorrow, yeah?" Hogai would tell him gleefully.

"ARE you ready for tomorrow, Kagae-san?" Kaori would toss out there. "How much practice do you have in such duels?" Ever the pessimist, Kaori.

And Denbe would return to his tent, alone! Ever alone! Bwahahaha!

Day 6 will go up tonight!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 am
Seichiro raised a brow at the Monk's cautious nature, and followed him. "What is it, Kan-san? Who are you planning on asking as your second?"  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am
@ Lion/Monk Discussion:

"Well..." Kan asked, rubbing his chin. "The Dragons have become interested in me as of late, for reasons I cannot fathom. I don't know where their distrust stems from, but I feel that asking their bushi, Sozen, to be my second, it will help heal any wounds that I might have inadvertently opened. Plus, with their monastic nature, it seems almost like a logical choice for me."

As the two approached the entrance to the tent, Kan would look up at the large Lion, looking for approval. "I did not want to run towards Zanzen or Kenichi, because of the reputation of the Kakita. If I were to win this with a second, I would want to win it with a choice that seemed to reflect me the best. Does that make sense to you, Seichiro-san?"

Whether or not Kitsu Kyumi would be in her tent, as she previously intended to be, at this point would be up to her. If so, she would be able to catch the tail end of this conversation.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 am
"Dragons... interested in you? Huh. Well, if you choose a Dragon bushi as your second, it COULD help with Lion/Dragon relations, or at LEAST help YOUR relation with the clan, but it could go both ways. It does make sense, I guess. Did you think on a secondary choice for a second?"  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 am
@ Apparently little:

Kagae was surprised to find his two fellow clan members waiting for him in the tent but realised it was silly to be surprised by this as it was their tent too. Kagae politely listened to what they had to say before moving into the new addition to the tent and sat down at the table before beginning to make some tea. Motioning for them to sit down he finally replied, "I would guess so Hogai-san seeing as my training in combat was done to the minimum requirement... What would your reaction be Kaori-san if I told you the moment I heard that there was going to be an iaijutsu duel I was dreading it knowing that I have had no training in such things?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:18 pm
@Scorpion Tent

Kojiro blushed deeply again as they returned to their assigned quarters. "I suppose that is going to be my goal tonight. I have a lot to meditate upon." the bushi grinned. "I would imagine Naizen-san is off keeping tabs on everyone else."

Kojiro would kneel and begin to pray to his ancestors for his good fortune. Whether or not they listened would be another matter.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:16 pm
A lot had happened tonight. Denbe wasn't really sure about the nature of it all, and while his curiosity was aroused, it would not do to go digging after what was going on with a magistrate. It was inappropriate, rude, and beyond his depth. Besides which, a surprise had been sprung by the judges on the scores tonight, and in the end it had happened.

Somehow Ujina Denbe, the only Hare, only minor clan member to his knowledge, at the tournament was to enter the iaijutsu duels in decision of it all.

He felt in adequately prepared for it all, but there was little he could do to alter his chances or ability now. He could duel, if not impressively. He was a bushi, after all. And so he would. The fortunes would decide if he fared any better with it than he had in the martial duels. And so tonight, simply reading or exploring felt... inadequate. Denbe felt fairly certain that what foul play might have been going on here was far from that of his concern, and so he had taken a different approach tonight.

Set up outside his tend, the bushi had taken time as the night came after dinner and the announcements to pray to his ancestors, that they might look after him tomorrow, and in the coming days of travel back home to tell whatever news he would be left with. His prayers done, now, he had taken the time to make a fire. His tent, he could tell by the firelight, had been patched at least passingly by the servants while he was out. And so, for now, he prepared tea.

Tea would not help him to win tomorrow, but it, and some meditation, might help him sleep more fittingly tonight.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games