Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 pm
@ Lion Tent:

While Kyumi was already in the tent, she was unable to hear the conversation going on between Kan and Seichiro. The shugenja was already fast asleep in her bed and surrounded by various opened scrolls and pillow books.

Her attendant had been in the middle of picking up Kyumi's mess when she noticed the men entering. She paused to greet them with a bow. "My apologies, Matsu Seichiro-Sama, Kan-Sama... I am afraid that my mistress is not feeling well at the moment." She would leave it at that, trusting that neither of the men would need to be asked to be quiet.

If none of them had anything to ask of her, the attendant would then return back to her work.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Kaori only nodded. "You should not let the other samurai catch wind of that, Kagae-san. Being Crab means showing no weakness in the face of adversity. It is how you've come this far, isn't it? You've come further than Hogai-san or myself have, and it's up to you to represent us all now. Many Crab together are strong, but a Crab by himself is still strong - he is just strong for them all."

Hogai would smile enthusiastically to the Kaiu. "You've come this far on wits and guile alone, huh? I wouldn't sell yourself short yet. With any luck, they might bring you the rest of the way, if you're clever enough." Hogai would laugh once and smack the table they were sitting around, causing Kaori to jump somewhat in surprise.

"Also..." Hogai started, trailing off. He lowered his gaze somewhat, before continuing. "Sorry if my behavior before was too out of control, Kagae-san. Kaori here says I nearly cost you the competition. I had not meant for things to get as out of control as they did."

{Untrained Etiquette of 13 to apologize}

--------------------

@ Lion Tent:

Kan would shake his head as Seichiro brought up a different matter: What if Sozen refused? "Then I suppose it will be either of the Kakita - I'm sure both are eager to prove themselves out there."

As they entered the tent, they would see Kyumi sleeping, and Omi keeping vigil over her. Nodding, Kan would turn to Seichiro, lowering his voice.

"Perhaps the discussion is best kept for the morning, Seichiro-san. You need your rest anyways, so we can talk more at length then."

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

Naizen would once more be gone, no doubt scouting for information. Maru would seemingly leave Kojiro in peace; no doubt, any sort of celebration would disrupt the bushi's ability to rest before the big duel in the morning.

By the time Kojiro would finish his (unanswered) prayers, he would have found Maru had already turned in for the night.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro would make a few prayers to Ebisu, the fortune of Hard Work after he was finished to his ancestors and then went to bed. Hopefully he would be smiled upon. Chances were that both Kakita trained duelists would be champions tomorrow. He also couldn't count out anyone. Kojiro had been caught to often making assumptions during this tournament.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 pm
DAY 6

The sixth dawn arrives in a shine of golden light from Lord Sun bathing the landscape. The sky was a bright and promising blue, and very few clouds would obstruct your views. It was exceptionally warm for a Spring day, nearly perfect against your skins as you stir in your beds. Perhaps today IS a good day to die duel.

In the Crab tent, the Crab Clan would probably rise early. Even Kaori, the late sleeper that she was, was able to rouse herself early enough to support Kagae. He'd have precious little time to practice, if that's his plans for the morning. However, Ide Jiro would not join them over the course of the night.

In the Crane tent, Zanzen would rise with the sun, and begin preparing himself for the day. However, a figure soon stood at the entrance to the tent.

In the Lion Tent, Kan would once more be gone by the time anyone else awoke. However, his blanket would also be missing, rather than folded neatly on his bed.

In the Mantis Tent, Susumu was up before Hisashi, already practicing some very basic kata with his katana just outside. For someone as rowdy for the rest of the competition as Susumu was, he seemed to be suddenly taking this very seriously.

In the Scorpion Tent, Kojiro would find out just himself and Maru were there, with no sign of Naizen at all. She was asleep in her bed, her sheets draped across what appeared to be her naked form. They seemed to be positioned just enough to give Kojiro (or anyone else) an eyeful, without revealing anything too much. If he chose the path of an honorless dog, tugging the sheets ever so slightly would reveal so much more. But then again, he wasn't just a husband now, but a father as well.

In the Minor Clan Tent... haw haw, no one likes you!

Any samurai who DID gather to hear Kita's announcement for the day would find the ritual broken; not she, nor either of the either two magistrates, would show up. After waiting for about 10 minutes more, the crowd would begin to disperse. They knew what awaited them later.

NOTE: XP expenditures end 4/8/11 at 11:59 PM EST!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 pm
@ Crane Tent:

Not announcing themselves, a shaky hand would brush the tent flaps aside, and would step inside.

Doji Koan has definitely seen better days. Much of the exposed parts of his skin was bruised or marred with gashes that had apparently healed over. Many parts of him were bandages, and it looked like he had suffered some internal damage to his bones as well; he was walking as if those injuries had also healed, but they apparently still caused him great pain.

Sneering, despite the puffed lip and the bruised eye, he would look to Kakita Zanzen. "I... I didn't break. I told them I didn't do anything wrong. It took the whole night, but that b***h magistrate finally believed me. I... I didn't break, Zanzen."

Upon reaching his bed, he would collapse upon it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:18 pm
The sun rose early, and today so did Denbe.

The Hare woke early, and neatly collected and folded his bed, and things. He didn't know what the plans were like for the day were, nor if there would be a day of rest or celebration after before they were sent home, so he intended to have everything neat, tidy- under control, ready, and uncluttered. It was what he was striving to make his mind at the moment. It would help him focus, for one, and hopefully make him more worthy of a victory.

The morning was crisp. Bright. He began with stretching, and then a small breakfast.

Punctual- today he made sure not to be just on time, but decently early to the place the announcements might be given. As he waited though, it began to become clear that no one was coming, and as the rest of the crowd began to disperse, so did Denbe, heading back to his tent, unsure if he intended to think, meditate, or do something else to prepare for the duels ahead.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

The Scorpion was tempted, SORELY tempted to shout "Goblins on the Wall!" right now. Instead, he tried to act like a responsible adult and made sure he was presentable. He then followed what seemed to be the daily ritual of the past week. Kojiro headed out to where the announcements were usually held and nodded politely to any of the samurai that he knew that waited with him.

When everyone else lost their patience, Kojiro returned to the Scorpion tent and began performing his katas outside, trying to focus on the tournament to come.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 6, 10, 7 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:36 pm
@Crane Tent:

Zanzen watched the man till he collapsed into unconsciousness. 'Didn't break? What is he talking about?'

This odd behavior prompted the bushi to, after making sure Koan was out, start searching the tent carefully. Was Koan actually a victim of something or was he trying to get pity? Was this related at all to Kita-sama's reaction earlier? Zanzen was determined to see if there was any proof one way or another.

3k2 Intelligence/Investigation (spending void for trained)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 pm
@ Crane Tent:

As Zanzen began to search the tent, the closest thing he would be able to find to a clue was a bunch of trampled origami. Having spent the previous night with Kenichi, he would have no connection to seeing any origami prior to this moment.

"I'm still awake, you know," Koan would respond lowly, groaning afterwards as he lay perfectly still. "I don't know what you are looking for, but the Daidoji already ransacked the place. They couldn't find anything either to help me prove my case. That thrice-damned letter isn't here."

Rolling his head over slowly, looking only out of his good eye, he would respond simply, "The Kitsu must have taken it back."

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

As Kojiro would practice his kata, Naizen would approach him from the corner of his peripheral vision, slowly approaching. "I know who most of your competition is. Only one person remains unaccounted for: Koan's second."

Naizen would wait and watch with interest as Kojiro practiced, not continuing beyond the fact he had already announced. Sounds came from within the tent, as it sounded like Soshi Maru was now up and about.

--------------------

@ Hare Tent:

As Denbe milled about near his tent, contemplating how he should prepare, when suddenly...

"DENBE-SAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!"

And a Kemari ball would be hurled at the Hare's head. Denbe, give me a Reflexes/Athletics roll vs TN 15 or get hit in the head with a leather ball. Or a separate roll that would be applicable, as long as it's based off Reflexes (Jiujutsu, Iaijutsu, etc).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 pm
Crane Tent:

"Kitsu? Letter?" He sighed. This wasn't going to end well. Still, he had made headway with working with Seichero, but to go over, accusing another of some letter. "I will return later."

Stepping out, he'd start moving at a swift, determined pace towards the Lion Tents.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro sheathed his katana and turned to the information gatherer. "Excellent! Have you had rice yet, Naizen-san? If not and if Maru-san is decent" Kojiro called out loudly enough so that Maru could hear him. "We should have breakfast. So, who are the two Crane fighting for? And was there a fight for them?" Kojiro sighed. "Or am I making another assumption?"  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 2, 5, 9, 7 Total: 25 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 pm
He had almost zoned out, lost in distant, meditative thought- when the Hare received quite the loud wake up call. His head snapped up and looked back around to- KEMARI OUT OF F***ING NOWHERE!

Denbe just barely got his hands up in time, snagging the ball out of the air in front of his face, and stumbling backwards with it in his hands. He took the time to look at his airborn assailant and blink in astonishment before glancing up to see whom had thrown it to at him.

[5k2 Reflexes/Athletics: 16 vs TN 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 am
@Crab tent:

After waking up and getting ready Kagae begun his usual morning routine of attending the morning announcement which... Did not happen... Which was strange but unsurprising given that everyone knew todays event and even more so for those knowing of Kita-sama's distress yesterday.

Sighing and shaking his head he returned to the crab tent to perform his morning tea drinking rather than practicing how fast he could draw a sword. He picked some tea leaves and begun chewing on them as he begun to brew the tea and set aside cups if Kaori or Hogai wanted a drink.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:25 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

"No one, actually," Naizen would respond to Kojiro's final question, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'll be out in a moment!" Soshi Maru would call out from inside the tent, shuffling around on the inside.

"Be careful not to trust her too much, Kojiro-san," Naizen would whisper under his breath, before continuing with the report. "Kan has secured Mirumoto Sozen as his second. I'm not sure what his motivation is for doing so, but I fear he may be on to us. Isawa Sosuke will be fighting on behalf of Asako Sumi, which should not come as a surprise."

Emerging from the tent, her hair tied back into a bun with a pair of long needles crisscrossing through it. As she turned to face(?) the two samurai, she would smile. "It's a wonderful morning to win a tournament, isn't it? You were saying, Naizen-san?"

"The only samurai yet accounted for is Doji Koan. However, he was released from the magistrates' custody first thing this morning, and he's made his way back to his tent. Not long after, Kakita Zanzen left in a hurry, and with purpose. Just thought you two would like to know."

"..." Maru would seem to drift off for a few moments, before turning her attentions(?) to Kojiro. "I think I heard mention of breakfast?"

--------------------

@ Hare Tent:

As soon as Denbe (barely) caught the ball, clapping would be heard. "Wow, you are ready for today, aren't you?" Wazuka would observe, walking up to him, her palms slowly meeting one another repeatedly.

"Denbe-san, the oddest thing happened this morning!" she would start to exclaim loudly, before lowering her voice, just in case. "Kan came to our tent this morning, and asked either Sozen or I to be his second. I wouldn't do it, but Sozen snatched up the opportunity in a heartbeat. Why would he ask us, instead of either of the Crane duelists? Seems fishy to me..."

--------------------

@ Crab Tent:

Hogai would actually come to the announcement as well, but would linger around longer than Kagae would. By the time the Kaiu would have returned, Kuni Kaori was already beginning to pack some of her personal items away, as if she was expected to leave immediately upon the tournament's conclusion.

She would go about her business at first, though soon became distracted by Kagae's behavior. "Kagae-san. Is... is that really the best way to prepare for the competition later? You seem so... relaxed." She would sound genuinely concerned for him, or at least, for his standing in the tournament.

--------------------

@ Crane Shenanigans:

As Zanzen would make his way towards the Lion tent, he would find a Unicorn samurai, Ide Jiro, sitting not far from the entrance. He wouldn't be using anything, but rather, simply sitting in the dirt, his head bowed, as a blanket was draped over his shoulders.

Upon closer inspection, if Zanzen was so inclined, he would find the man asleep. If uninterested, the tent was right there.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 pm
Of course, much as he realized he knew her voice no sooner than he looked at her, Denbe felt a small bit of surprise at her showing up. Apparently she had not taken so much offense after all. Though, she was even younger than he, and that energetic and prone to... it was probably an overstated outburst she'd half forgotten about, though he made a note to be careful not to repeat the offense.

"I can only hope the fortunes favor me," with a nervous smile, as much as the vote of confidence was pleasant.

Despite her practically announcing that she was about to say something interesting, she dropped into a hushed tone, and Denbe stopped to furrow his brows and think on that a moment. The monk and Sozen hadn't been in contact as far as he'd been aware, though he would have suspected even Kan to harbor a little more wariness or hard feeling of Wazuka after the other night. They'd all been in one place fine for Kemari, but aside from that, wouldn't Wazuka have known before investigating him if the two had been familiar?

He furrowed his brow at that.

"...perhaps not so ready after all. Seems you're ahead a point," Denbe teased as he faded to a smile again, and held up the kemari ball he'd caught- with his hands.

[5k3 Intelligence/Investigate: 31 to determine why Kan picked Sozen]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games