Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 pm
*Flitters in, hoping there's been some progress on her artwork. Not seeing any, she looks at calendar and sighs. Her most recent incentive proposal didn't work out as well as she had planned, and trying to keep up with the "All good things come to those who wait" mentality has been proven most difficult in this particular instance. Sighs again, then flitters off into the darkness again.* sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:30 am
WIP emotion_zombie emotion_zzz  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:00 pm
emotion_awesome Yay!!! *Glomps* Awesome, TES! 4laugh

*Saves latest WIP to desktop. Is seriously considering setting up progressing WIP pics in a slideshow type format, though needs to be shown how to do that yet, for Sig purposes.* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
TES, I realize that you've had issues with this particular commission, but keep in mind that I also have issues with being ... impatient, at times. stressed sweatdrop Though one thing I have noticed is that when I do speak up about it, that's when you seem to get the motivation to continue. ninja
Just so you know, this wasn't "inspired" by your making comments. I've been working on it piece by piece for the last few weeks before you even said anything. I just initially didn't think I had progressed enough to warrant another WIP post, having not realized until yesterday {or rather, this morning emotion_facepalm } that the last WIP I posted was just the face and all this slow progression had gotten me well beyond that by now.

And by the way, when I had finished the inking, that wasn't "inspired" by your comment either. I was going to ink it that day anyway. If anything, I was "inspired" by helping Kits out with her inking rather than by you.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm
You would've made a wonderful tsundere, Tes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 pm
I think he -is- tsundere wink
Am not! scream
You did accuse Draa of such before, xas? And Draa is not mzilt different from you....
.... stare *flips Ryzan* scream  

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 pm
OK TES ... what ever works for you. I honestly don't mean to put any pressure on you. But from my point of view, it just seems like the progress on this one is taking much longer, compared to others that you've done in the past. sweatdrop Psy has explained it all to me, that she does art for a living, and you're just not there yet. So, please continue as you were, and I'll back off ... for now. wink 4laugh

*Wonders wth a 'tsundere' is.* confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 am
The one I did for Icy that I turned into a wallpaper took a long time... of course that was also a freebie that I decided to do on my own volition. But artists tend to have moments where they're all about art and that's what they want to do and they want to get it done, and then other moments where they don't feel like doing anything. I started going through the latter by the time I reached yours.

The reason my freebie thread isn't constantly open is because I don't constantly feel like drawing or doing art. I open it for a while, then close it when I'm no longer in the mood. There were moments when I thought about reopening it because I felt like sketching, but then I saw that I have these commissions stare

But yes... Psy does art for a living and she's got the work ethic to get things done regardless of if she's "in the mood". It's something I do want to do eventually, but it'll take some time to get there, especially when there are other things I would rather be spending my time and energy on.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:37 pm
You've mentioned some of this to me before, so I do understand some of your predicaments for the most part. You are a very good artist, and I wish you the best when you decide to take it to the levels you'd like to be at with your talents. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 pm
I'll just leave this here... *wanders off*  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:46 pm
Oh, I like how that came out! cat_4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:40 am
ThisEmptySoul
I'll just leave this here... *wanders off*

Oh, I -LOVE- it! heart Thank you so very much! *Glomps TES*
And I was right! emotion_awesome Good things -do- come to those who wait! 4laugh

Sorry about my being so impatient. I've always had -issues- with that from time to time.
sweatdrop  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items