Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 am
User Image

Nott feigned wincing, looking to Xander as he mouthed, 'OW!'. Charlotte's tongue was sharp but he thoroughly enjoyed her quick retorts. His ego was well padded enough to take some abuse. Often when Nott would joke with his friends they would become easily offended by his humor so he constantly had to reassure that he was only joking. It was nice not to have to preface everything that he said with that around Charlotte.

He made a face at her though as she gave a rather gentle explanation for Sorting to Alex. No fun, the girl was being no fun at all. Would it have been so hard to say that you had to fight dragons or catch Snidgets with no broom? Ooo Or perhaps take a potion that turns your skin a different color, like blue and fuchsia, and whichever house's colors corresponded with your new skin tone was where you belonged.

But Nott was pleased to see Alexander excited. As much as he enjoyed the chance to add to the tales of horror over Sorting, he really didn't want to make anyone afraid. In a way he wished that he could have been surprised by the process. He hadn't even intended on finding out. His mother had always been awful at keeping secrets. His father had been mad when he found out that she told him, saying that there were traditions to uphold. But his mother could have cared less. She hated being told what to do and in the end it was his father that was apologizing to his mother.

He sighed as he rocked back and forth on his feet. "Well...I'm beginning to think that Lottie's idea about swimming the Lake doesn't sound so horrible. The suspense of just waiting here is killing me." Looking around there was no place that they could have sat to play a few hands of Exploding Snap, even if he did head back to his trunk to retrieve his deck. And he doubted they would want to play Gobstones in their clean robes. So....waiting.

He wasn't a complainer by nature, so he didn't want to bother the professor that was waiting for all of them. No doubt she was getting impatient as well. But he really had to wonder where all of the other First Years could possibly be. Wouldn't they have all been woken or found by now?

Luckily Lottie broke the monotony as she extracted a copy of the Daily Prophet from her robes and became instantly involved in whatever she was reading. Her voice chiming out to say as much.

"What is interesting?"Nott asked as he walked up to read the paper over her shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

Alex was busy running over all the information he had gathered about Hogwarts. Some from his relative's stories, but mostly form books.

'The founders were named Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, and Salazar Slytherin. But they wouldn't test us on that, everyone knows that. It's common knowledge. Lets see. The different classes are Transfiguration, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Ancient Runes, Potions, Astronomy, Herbology, Divination, Muggle Studies, Care of Magical Creatures, etc. But again, common knowledge. Would they test us on handling magical creatures? That doesn't make sense, if they expected us to already know how, then why would they have a class on it? Well, what if--'

He was brought out of his mental rant by Charlotte's statement.

"Interesting? What is?" He said, moving over to Charlotte's side to lean over the paper with her and Nott.

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

"Let me read it out loud since I'm not fond of people reading over my shoulder," she said stoutly looking at both of them. As they back off she started, "Mystery of Magical Mayhem continues to mystify Ministry
Yesterday, Ministry officials from several Departments were busy sorting out an antique shop where they believe the several magical antique were sold. Officially claim that victim stated that it was from this Muggle owned shop where several of the magical items, reported in this summer magical antique scare, were purchased. Including the magical emerald necklace, which turned a elder muggle woman green and a the supposed French Wardrobe that eat peoples clothes.
The official we spoke with believes that other magical items were sold from here and others shops. They are urging the wizarding community to keep an eye out for any strange items that have recently been purchased between last November and this August. They also urge people to come forward with any information that might aid in tracking down other possible shops.
While the Ministry official refuse to answer how the object came into Muggle hands, who tipped them off to the possibility of other store, and where this stores might be. They did, however, tell us that about 20 items still remain unaccounted for. They claim to know of where the items might be, but still ask that if anyone has information or suspects an item of being magically tampered with to contact they're local Ministry office.
They also warn the public not to go looking for the items, as they suspect that a few might have dark magic placed upon them.'
Then there is a list of the the what they want people to look out for. Oh, and the,"

She turned the paper a bit and tilted her head to read. Straightening her head she said, "It looks like the Cannons are on a 12 game losing marathon, seeing as they just lost to the Wigtown Wanderers."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:54 pm
Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler blinked "A Firebolt 2. It must've been hard to get that. It's the newest model, the best broom there is" He sighs "I would give anything for one of those"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:03 pm
♧3lean0r Duke♧
♧Care of Magical Creatures & Groundkeeper♧

User Image

At last, Eleanor caught a glimpse of the last juniors missing on her list. She rolled up her piece of parchment and cleared her throat, holding up the lamp and grabbing the excited first years' attention.
"OY!", she shouted over her voice, blushing lightly, "First years, to the Lake!" she announced with a smile as she walked in front of the large group of students and walked them to the borders of the Dark Lake, where waited an amount of boats for her and the students.

(( Sorry for the ones who didn't get to RP here yet, but we're running out of time. Next posting; the Dark Lake! waited till I post first! ))

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:42 pm
Indala stepped off of the train in a panic.
"Wait! Wait for me!" she cried. Apparently she had accidentally fallen asleep during the train ride. She sighed
Why am I always late? She ran up to the group of first years that were starting to head for the lake.

"I'm here! I'm here!" She yelled completely out of breath. "Sorry, I'm a hard sleeper.It won't happen again." She looked down embarrassed. This was not the way to start her first school year.

"My name is Indala Eve Gray." She smiled hesitantly a faint blush on her cheeks. Her tardiness would not have been acceptable had this occurred at home she thought.

She looked at the dark water of the lake and shivered. She'd heard stories about the things hidden just beneath the surface...

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Mexican Donuts

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:02 pm
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

A string of magical objects being sold to Muggles. Hmm, this didn't bode well. So far, it seemed like most of the objects were just pranks and inconveniences, and hopefully there wouldn't be anything more dangerous.

"Thankfully, it seems like the objects have been harmless for now. Lets just hope it stays that way." Alex said, looking between Nott and Charlotte.

Then he heard the lady shout for the first years to get to the boats. His heart raced. It was time! They were actually doing it! Going to Hogwarts!

"Come on! Lets finish this conversation later! We need to get to the boats!" He said, taking off and motioning for Charlotte and Nott to follow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte nodded as she folded the paper, though she was bitting her lip. She hadn't heard of these incidents on the muggle tv, which hinted at a cover up. She was curious as to how the Ministry managed to cover it up, but held off on her question as she followed Xander saying, "It will be troublesome to have to clean that all up, no matter how harmless. However I hope the find the source soon."

They're conversation was a distraction to the butterflies in her stomach and she was given comforted by the fact that soon, soon, all the anxiety would be over. Strangely enough that thought only brought more anxiety. Hopefully the conversation will distract from that...Merlin, I hope that it does.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 pm
User Image

"That is true." Xenos said with a chuckle at Tamara's comment of being the bookiest of bookworms. "I'm glad to hear she hasn't been bothering you. Anything we can do at all. Yuan's not bad hunting things down either. So please let us help." He continued smiling lightly at her. It did make him happy to hear the Hikari hadn't had alot of trouble, outside hunting down the cause of the voice. "Yes please Hikari."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kaera had spent the majority of the train ride over deep in contemplation about what this year held for her. She had sat in a cabin with two second years, listening to their conversation and giving input when she could. The rest of the time she spent staring out the window at the passing landscape, daydreaming of everything that had happened in the past year or so and promising herself that as soon as she arrived at Hogwarts she would move on from the memories that plagued her.

When the train had come to a stop, she barely registered it. It wasn't until she noticed the absense of her cabinmates that she realized they had reached Hogsmeade and she was one of the last few stragglers still aboard. She rushed off the train just in time to hear someone exclaim, "First years, to the Lake!" and ran to catch up with what she assumed were her fellow first years by the looks of them.

She cursed herself inwardly. She had meant to get off the train as soon as they had arrived and look for her cousin, who was also attending Hogwarts for the first time. Catching up to the group, her eyes scanned the faces of the other students, who all held expressions of either nervousness, excitement, or a combination of the two. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a flash of flowing red hair, and she grinned. There you are, Ryn. I can't wait to see your face when you realize I'm here with you! she thought to herself as she followed the pack of students towards the boats.

User Image  

Rechosia

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 pm
User ImageAlys 'Eel' Kayln Abrams

Alys smiled. "Oh really? I bet I could twice you whenever I want,thank you very much," she said tautly,placing her fists on her hips. Frowning,she glared at him. "I'd love you to meet Hunter. She's just like you. WAY TO FULL OF HERSELF!" she said,her voice getting louder as she spoke more. Hearing that they were to go to the boats,she walked away and walked towards the Black Lake.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm
User Image

Nott didn't hear the professor call for them to get on the boats. He didn't hear or see the others start milling forth. Only when the paper dropped away as Charlotte turned did he snap back to reality. Like a zombie he marched forth with the others. He didn't say anything but he looked at Charlotte, trusting that their mental page was quite the same at the moment. Fenniwick. Did he have anything to do with this? At the very least he should know more about it, being that it was his field.

The objects of dark magic. Could they be talking about the chest? Was there perhaps a set that it went to? Or was there someone out there specifically dealing in dark magic antiquities. Over the past year he had come to have a deep affection for his 'Uncle' and certainly hoped that he wasn't messed up in all of this. Mentally he cursed that only third years and above were allowed to go to Hogsmeade. He would have to wait until Christmas break to see the man. It couldn't wait that long. He needed to know that he was alright and not involved. Hoping that the school had an owl that he could hire, he trudged on, his brain buzzing but now not about the Sorting.

Quickly, he realized that his father might know about it too. He didn't buy and sell antiquities but he worked on them and had a network of friends in the industry. For some reason, that article had felt strangely close to home.

But he wanted to push it away, it was finally the hour. Time for his arrival at Hogwarts. Time to be Sorted into his House and explore the castle. He wanted to be happy, but he couldn't help but be slightly troubled.

Garden of Wisteria

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:22 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari nodded grateful for the help. "Thanks. I looked through three books last year that had to do with magical families and famous magical people but non of them had anything that looked like it could be my mom. I really appreciate the help." It was nice to know that she could count on them for help. She had had only one bad headache last year and that had had to do with Daemon... "Oh Tamara I just remember has Daemon gotten hint about the 'stone' yet?" She hoped that could remain vague enough to not worry Xenos and Yuan. She hoped that Daemon had gotten over looking for the resurrection stone but had a feeling that the boy had forgotten.

(())
When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:25 pm
User Image
Angela Spark

Angela had been reading and hadn't been aware that several other students got off the train. The groundskeeper had annouced that the first-years would be going to the lake now, And then to the boats and to sorting, Oh, father must be so nervous now! Angela thought, breathing heavily. She wondered what house she would be in. Her mother and father woudn't be happy if she got in the rival house of theirs, Slytherin.

Suddenly, Angela remembered where she was and bolted toward the other students, trying to catch up. Her anxiousness followed her to the lake.

BunnyxAngel

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:46 pm
User Image
Daemon SaDiablo
Second year Slytherin student

Daemon was alarmed by the outbreak of hissing behind him. While the classmates in his house knew he was a Parseltongue, his lack of announcing it lead to it being forgotten. He turned, peering over the surrounding students shoulders. "See you later," he muttered to Tamara, working down the station, eager to see his house mates.

Leader of the SaDiablo family

User Image  
Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games