Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 pm
        User ImageUser Image

Autumn stood in at the entrance of the Great Hall, waiting for the first years to gather up. When enough people were present, she spoke, "Alright first years! The Hufflepuff common room is located in the basement. If you would please follow me to the stairs and the hallway..." she said as she walked towards her home for the past four years, and for the next three years.

{ooc; next post at Hallway to the Basement}

Kai Sparrowheart
                                      PropertyofGaara
                                      Tr3AcL3 TarT
                                      murruelecreuset
                                      Rawwry
                                      snarechicks are cool
                                      Voracious Voxy
                                      Cara MiaKitty

_____________________ _ _ _ _____________________

* * * A S M I L E I S P R I C E L E S S

B U T S O M E T I M E S . . .

A T E A R M I G H T H O L D M O R E M E A N I N G

✿ ✿ ✿

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:45 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Scholarly in the Great Hallspace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina, First Yearsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I guess this is technically my job...' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDamien exited the Great Hall, looking over his shoulder to see if there was a trail of first years behind him as expected. He figured that Mari and maybe one or two of the younger Prefects would bring up the rear and follow to make sure that none of the first years got any ideas about wandering off or trying anything ridiculous. He paused, turning to look at the younger students. "Alright, keep moving, you shouldn't be lost yet," he told them, somewhat jokingly. He knew the castle was large, and confusing as all get out, but hey, they'd been through this way already. It wasn't until they got to the stairs that things would get confusing, right? Assured that there were students following him, he continued towards the staircase that would take them down into the dungeons, waving them on after him.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Sorry I didn't post sooner, I was waiting for more first years to post at the table

Clockwork Muse

Hizuma the Troublesome

Xistund

Utsuha Moon

Lady Pomegranates

Night Walker Snow

Sir Spazalots

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:58 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Great Hall (Hufflepuff Table) -> Great Hall Entrance

So their common room was in the basement. Hopefully it didn't look like a dungeon. Alice was practically jumping on the spot as she held Jasper's hand. "Alice calm down." he told her gently. She smiled at him brightly as if telling him to let her have her fun before skipping along after Autumn. Jasper just shook his head and followed after her without another word.

(Exit to Hallway to the Basement)

Wearing: School Robes

Wearing: School Robes

With: Each other... first years, and Autumn
OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:02 am
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ♈ᖺᓰᖇᕍ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph wasn't exactly sure why he was waiting here. Well he knew but didn't want to be here. He hadn't exactly told David he needed to talk to him, and his cousin's boyfriend was downright... unbelievable sometimes. Or so he led himself to believe... But Raph couldn't or wouldn't be able to do this by himself, or even at all. And what could he do anyway? Shayna wasn't even talking to him. That was odd but it wasn't enough to cause worry right?!

"I-it's about lunch time... I sure hope he goes to lunch..."

The boy said quietly. He was worried about her... And if she wouldn't talk to him, then she had t talk to David right? She had too! They were a freakin' couple! Although he didn't like to admit that... But his brunette cousin was starting to freak the Hufflepuff out. And Sapphire wasn't exactly helping with this either... Hopefully David came by... And soon...

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: ---
ᙡᖺᗢ: ---
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: ---
Wearing: --- Clothes

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:30 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall

David headed for the great hall. It was lunch time and despite his hurry he still arrived later than usual. Little did, he know his cousin would cause him to arrive later which would in turn make a concerned Raphael wait a bit. He was here now though and that’s all that mattered.

Walking into the great hall David didn’t notice Raphael at first. Truthfully he tried to be civil with the young Hufflepuff but it seemed they weren’t meant to click. In some ways he thought that Raphael saw him as sort of a rival but he could never be too sure. Of course because of that they hardly spoke. None the less after the brief passing David looked over to Raphael and gave a friendly wave. David would admit that the boy seemed rather off this afternoon he could only imagine why.

Deciding it best to help in some way despite their relationship David approached Raphael. “Hey there Raph something up?” he asked curiously. David kept up his friendly domineer hoping he wasn’t about to fall into a snake pit.

With: Raph

Wearing: School Uniform

Gryfindor you say?
Hmm you would indeed be great there.
So be it! Gryffindor!

shabatha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:28 am
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ♈ᖺᓰᖇᕍ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph was about to give up when a guy went by kind of in a hurry. He didn't even notice who until he turned and waved at him. Raph almost forgot what he was standing there waiting for as he watched David go by. But luckily the male stopped. And asked what's wrong.

"There you are! I've been waiting! Sheesh. I uh..."

The younger wizard started. He wasn't sure how to put it... But he knew that something had to be done!

"It's about Shayna... She's been acting strange... During the summer she stayed in her room. She's never dne that! And she doesn't really want to talk to anyone... I also saw her go into the Restricted section... But who just does that? She won't talk to me, and Sapphire doesn't care... Would you... Uh, talk to her?"

He said desperately and blabbering a little. He wasn't sure if he would help. He could only hope.

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: --- Great Hall Entrance
ᙡᖺᗢ: --- David
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: --- Please help?... Please?

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:10 pm
User Image

David was surprised when Raphael said he’d been waiting for him. “You were waiting for me?” he said a little shocked before shaking it off. He was the older one here he shouldn’t be surprised. David looked at Raphael as he explained his problem. Apparently Shayna was acting odd lately. He’d noticed nothing hugely out of the ordinary but maybe that was because she’d seemed better since he’d talked to her some time ago last year.

David didn’t have to think about Raphael’s request. This was Shayna there was no thinking just doing. “Raph calm down.” He told him trying to calm the young Hufflepuff down. “I understand why you’re concerned about Shayna and I’d be happy to talk to her for you. I don’t know why she’d go into the restricted section or if it even has anything to do with the way she’s been acting but I’ll see what I can do, alright?”

David being who he was would always be there for those who asked for his help. Even if this had nothing to do with Shayna he’d be there to help. Hopefully Raphael would realize that and they could become closer than they were. Though David wasn’t going to keep his hopes up.

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

shabatha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:12 pm
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ♈ᖺᓰᖇᕍ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph sighed with relief.

"Thank you. Really. Thank you... She started acting weird after... Well... After the festival. I overheard our parents talking about the dreams she was having... I didn't know she had... Had seen..."

Raph couldn't finish. Even just thinking about the fair brought tears too his eyes... And his cousin had seen them taken away... He couldn't help that one tear slipped past his guard as he thought of his little brother.

"I just, I think she's going to do something really stupid... And I feel like it is going to hurt her more than just her pride.... I really appreciate this David..."

He said quietly. David really wasn't a bad guy. Raph was seeing that slowly.

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: --- Great Hall Entrance
ᙡᖺᗢ: --- David
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: --- Please help?... Please?

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am
User Image

David knew where Raph was going with this and it hurt. He couldn’t stand to think about what it would be like losing a sibling. “You don’t have to say anything I know what happened and I’m sorry about your brother and the rest of your family.” He told him placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t mention it.” David told him. “If it’s the last thing I do Raph I’ll make sure she doesn’t get herself hurt.” He added. There was no way he could live with himself if he didn’t insure that Shayna wasn’t trying anything that could put her in harm.

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

shabatha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:57 pm
User Image
                                                You don't have to say you love me
                                                Just be close at hand
                                                You don't have to stay forever
                                                I will understand
                                                Believe me, believe me
                                                I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Dᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅ Lᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ
                                                ════════════════════════

Turning around upon entering the school, Timothy led the students to the entrance to the Great Hall, watching for stragglers before he spoke next. "First of all, welcome to Hogwarts. I am glad to see all of you made it. Now, this school will be the home of your studies for the next seven years. Here there are four houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw. You shall be sorted into them here shortly. Now, I must stress several key things to remember about these houses. They will be the place you will live for the time you are at school. Many people in your houses will become friends or family. However, keep in mind that your behaviour reflects back onto your house. Good behavior will earn you house points, while bad behavior will lose you points. I am the head of Gryffindor house, and I assure you, any of your Heads of Houses are available to talk to you at any point. The house with the most points at the end of the year wins the House Cup, which is a high honor in the school. Now, please be patient and wait until we are ready for you to enter. I shall be back shortly to lead you in." With that, he disappeared into the hall.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, sorting's about to begin.
                                                OOC: Please wait here until Timothy announces the sorting to be open.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:41 pm
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy like many of the students were slow to get out of the boats and onto the dock of the boathouse. And she had to hurry to catch up, following the Deputy Headmaster, Timothy Steele into the castle and the antechamber where they all waited in front of large wooden doors where she assumed lead to the Great Hall her brother had mentioned. Her hurrying had, she noticed, end up making her one of the first in the group and she cocked her head and straightened her black robes, listening as the deputy headmaster explained the housing system of the school. What the professor said sounded vaguely like the houses kept from intermingling much, which made her furrow her brow slightly: it wasn't exactly how David, her brother, had made it sound.

However, the friendly competition-or what she could only assume was friendly-sounded fun. You could make friends by competing against them, too, she supposed. She wondered about the what house she would end up in. If she was in Ravenclaw she would be in the same house as her brother and get to see him more, probably. Then again, there was mention that their Mum was in Slytherin as was apparently, practically the whole family line. Maybe the hat took in consideration family history? But, Leena had said something about thinking that with Cathy's personality she was more of a Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. Thinking of the blonde girl with the green eyes she glanced to see if she could see the girl or someone else she had met.

Cathy noted she was slightly nervous as she waited and a waive of impatience hit her as she wished to find out where she would end up. But, at least she knew it was only a hat she was facing-not some crazed hippogryff, and she reminded herself of what her brother said about being in a particular house didn't really matter and that it had been mentioned their Mum had dated guys in her own house and in Gryffindor. Though, Cathy wondered why her Mum never took any interest in guys from the other houses? Maybe it was just odds or something...

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

{ }

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:29 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

_______________________________________________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_______________________________________________
      XXXXXXι'м иσт вσssч! ι נυsт нαvє вєттєя ιםєαs!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXσиℓч тнє sнαℓℓσω киσω тнємsєℓvєs.

Axel and Camila harried away from the boathouse; the wooden dock creaked under their racing shoes as the winds lapped around their feet to entangle amongst black robes. The roughspun wool felt itchy on her skin, but she ignored it as she skipped in tow behind the Deputy Headmaster. Behind her, Axel followed in silence. ”Ooo, this is it Axel, are you ready?” But she didn’t wait for a response. ”Oooo, I hope it doesn’t take too long! Whadd’ya think, Axe?”

”I thought you said you were sick?” He rolled his eyes. But it was true, and he knew it. He could see it in Camila’s sheepish stance, shifting weight from one foot to the next as she paused on their trek.

”Well—we’re not in the boats anymore,” she reminded him matter-of-factly.

”And thank Merlin’s pants for that.” He laughed slowly and waved an impatient hand. ”Now c’mon,” Axel didn’t wait. He spun on his heel and hurried up behind a blonde girl that had stolen in the lead.

”Heey—wait for me!” She furrowed her brows, pouted those fat, squishy lips into a frown and chased after her brother. Through the grass, up the stone steps and through the great double doors; the antechamber was dimly lit with torches, candles, and sconces. Portraits, petite and grand, were all brimming with curiosity, though several of them were in a slumber while others were vacant from their frames altogether. Axel’s wide eyes drank in the scenery while Camila practically bounced on the balls of her feet just behind the Gryffindor Head of House. ”Augh, my heart’s pounding, I think I’m nervous, are you nervous?” Her hands suddenly felt clammy.

”You’re ridiculous,” he shook his head, a sigh filling the void of her unanswered question. Of course he was nervous! But he wasn’t about to tell her that!

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm
[]User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani needed a few moments to sort herself out after the journey across the lake; most of being the need to get out of a small boat while dealing with the orange-haired ball of fur whom had chosen to attach herself to her. Even after alighting from the boat and standing upon the cool flagstones, Dani was having issue calming her new companion down enough to relax her death-grip.

Dani followed their guide toward a set of stone stairs which led up from the subterranean harbour, and ultimately ended up in the antechamber outside the Great Hall, brought in by a handsome young man, whom looked to be in his late twenties or thirties.

Dani found it hard not to have her eyes drawn toward him, her heart skipping a beat, as he was such that he would have given Tom Hiddleston a run for his money.

The room wasn't all that large, and wasn't really meant for a lot of people to occupy all at once. It wasn't before long that the handsome man spoke to them. Dani took in the greeting, and his description of what was to happen next. The concept of Houses and Sorting wasn't as odd to her as it might have been to some of the others perhaps.

'Great,' she thought. 'They have Factions here, but there's only four of them. Wonder who got cut out? Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Dauntless, Erudite; Faction before Blood. Blood. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if I'm called upon to cut my hand with a knife, and bleed into one of four bowls. Question is, do I choose, or do they?'

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[ rofl rofl rofl ]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm
Bianca Tristaine
Unsorted
User Image

Bianca had a smile on her face as the deputy headmaster talked. She was a little nervous, but who wouldn’t be? Philip and Alexander had stood in this same spot, just as nervous, and they had ended up fine. Hogwarts wouldn’t put here somewhere they didn’t think she needed to see. Looking around, it seemed as though everyone was a little nervous. Was sorting that big of a stress on new students? Bianca assumed some students were probably worried about the houses they were going to be put in. There had been a stigma for years that Slytherins were all bad wizards, but her father was a kind, sweet man who was amazing with a wand. Hufflepuffs were usually considered useless and sort of on the dull side. Elke, Bianca’s mother, was a prefect in her day with fantastic marks in all her subjects. She could have become a healer if she had wanted to. Alexander had gone into Gryffindor, and Philip to Hufflepuff, like their mother.
She squirmed a bit in her spot, and her stomach rumbled. Bianca hadn’t eaten anything since before she had gotten on the train. All of the snacks that her mother had packed were in her luggage, which was who knows where by now. Inside those doors were all the students and staff of the school. Her heart beat a little faster, and her face flushed. There would be a sorting and a feast. Finally, she was at Hogwarts, like she wanted for year.
She was standing near Dani, since they had ridden across the lake together. When they were in the boat, Bianca had her eyes on the water most of the time. It was dark, and she hadn’t been able to see whatever beast lurked there. She hadn’t remembered if Dani, or had mentioned what house she wanted to be in. Bianca had hoped at least someone she talked to today ended up in her house. The only thing that would dampen the mood of the night was if she ended up alone. Just the thought made her shiver and a cold feeling spread down her spine. Suddenly, she was a little more worried than she had been five minutes before.

✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗

Where:
With: -
OOC:

User Image  

kasjafod98834sd

Ruthless Phantom

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Anticipatory
I’m learning all your tricks: Well, I got a letter from Cassie...
I can hurt you from inside: First Years
I made myself a promise: Antechamber

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | U N S O R T E D | F I R S T Y E A R User Image

Morven's mood had improved dramatically upon receiving a letter before she even got to the school- how many could claim that? She hadn't been able to read all of it with the dim glow of the lanterns, and she'd been afraid of dropping it in the lake. But still, she knew it was from Cassie all the same, and she fully intended on reading it and replying to it tonight, after all this Sorting and Feast business was done. She glanced around at her soon to be classmates and potential house mates. Morven was a pureblood with two older sisters already sorted, and she knew enough about the houses to know which she wouldn't be. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw seemed unlikely. But the other two... well, her father had been in one, and her mother in the other. Then again, she didn't care for her living father or her deceased mother, so it wasn't going to matter much to her. She wouldn't be in the same house as her sisters, and that was all that mattered.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games