Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 2, 1 Total: 12 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:23 pm
[Awareness/Commerce(Merchant): 12 to lower the price.]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:48 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

Contested Commerce Roll result: 14

"I'm sorry, noble samurai, but I'm afraid I cannot ask for anything less, or I will be taking a loss for the item," he explained.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm
"I understand," Denbe said, feeling a bit pained as he doled the money out, and thanked the merchant once more before leaving.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 pm
And with that, everyone but Kyumi has returned to the Inn. It's getting pretty late, and if you wish to arrive at an hour that wouldn't be considered rude, you might want to get a leg on. Not that it's too far away, but whatever business Kyumi has gotten herself involved with, she can catch up later, no doubt.

Those of you who don't want to keep Kaiu Hana waiting, you can go now!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 pm
@The Husk and Shell

Kojiro would pick up his pack and start to head out to the Kaiu family's home. While he was doing so, he would spot Kyumi's servant, Omi. "You'd best find your mistress. I do not think Lady Kaiu will wait much longer for us."

With that, Kojiro would move off tothe Kaiu residence.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm
Zanzen would arrive at the Inn as Kojiro would leave and opt to just follow him.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 am
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Kaiu Estate:

And, as such, Kojiro and Zanzen are the first to arrive! A servant greets the two of them at the door, politely inviting them inside: "Welcome, honored guests. Kaiu Hana has been expecting you."

Upon entering, if either have come with their katana, another servant would bow respectively to the two samurai. "I will take your weapons now, with your grace, honored samurai," he would explain, waiting for the sheathed weapons to be presented to him for him to take and store in a heavy chest to be taken to the armory for safekeeping.

Assuming there is no dispute, they would soon be brought into a reception area, where Kaiu Hana would arrive soon thereafter, bowing to the two samurai. "Good evening, Jade Wardens. I am Kaiu Hana, wife if Kaiu Ieyasu, and mother of Kaiu Kagae." Standing tall, she would give a concerned look to the two. "Are you the only ones of your company that chose to accept my invitation?"  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 10, 3, 10, 2, 4, 2 Total: 48 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:08 pm
@Kaiu Estate

Kojiro would indeed present his katana to the servant and then would follow through to the reception hall. "Greetings, Lady Kaiu. We are but the first, I'm sure." Kojiro would bow deeply to the Crab matron. "I am Bayushi Kojiro and this Crane next to me is Kakita Zanzen. We are honored that you would share your home with us."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette for maximum politeness to make a good first impression
5k3 w/ 3 additional dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to couch it in a more familiar Yasuki style.
Results: 35  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:06 pm
@Kaiu Estate:

When the servant asked for his weapons, he would release to them his bow and nodachi. He didn't, however, move to remove his Kakita Blade from his left hip "I will not let this one leave my sight."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:39 pm
Kakita Zanzen, how do you then wear your katana? On your left or right side? Also, you are not expected to give up your wakizashi, because it represents your honor as a samurai. By handing that over, you are basically discarding your honor. Feel free to edit that in to your previous post. If you still insist on handing over the wakizashi, lower your honor rank by 1. Again, you are not expected to turn over your wakizashi.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 4, 2, 5, 6, 4, 5 Total: 36 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:25 pm
@Prior to Meeting Kaiu Hana

Kojiro vaguely wondered about getting a more concealing mask so that he could make the appropriate facial gestures in moments like these. Ah well. What was expected of Kakita duelists, but an obsession with their blade? "If you must keep your katana close at all times, please wear it on your right for now. That action will demonstrate trust in our hosts. This is the home of Kaiu Kagae-san. I doubt we have anything to fear here."

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier roll to chide Kakita Zanzen into following along. 5k3 w/ 3 additional dice to handle explosions
Results: 18  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm
@Prior to Meeting Kaiu Hana:

Zanzen
"I will not let this one leave my sight."

Hisashi would sigh, seeing his work already cut out for him tonight.

"Zanzen-san, while I respect your connection to your weapon, I must point out that bringing a katana into someone else's house is extremely disrespectful and implies that you do not trust them nor their ability to keep you safe."

He would be very firm about this but not overly harsh if he could help it.

"As such, I must ask that you either respect the servant's request or politely excuse yourself from this evening's gathering."

He knew that command probably wasn't going to go over well, but in this situation it was more imperative to make a good impression upon their host. If nothing else, in Rokugan it made sense to keep on people's good side - after all, making enemies tended to make your lifespan significantly shorter.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 am
@Kaiu Residence, before meeting

He looked over to Kojiro, blinking once. "I do not travel much, so forgive me. I'm normally in a dojo or some place practicing." Taking the sheathed weapon out of it's place, he moved it to the right side, only feelingly slightly uncomfortable at the positioning.

"It's a rarely crafted blade, passed down along my family. Thus why I cannot relinquish it."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 pm
@Kaiu Residence, before meeting

Raganui Minamoto
"It's a rarely crafted blade, passed down along my family. Thus why I cannot relinquish it."

The mantis pinched the bridge of his nose with a slight look of exasperation on his face. "I see." He couldn't just tell the man to abandon his sword, nor could he outright order him to leave - all the requests in the world still didn't matter since Zanzen was armed and Hisa was now down to only his tongue and his wakizashi. But what could he do? He'd rather deal with this now than have to perform damage control on the spot.

"Zanzen-san, allow me to ask you: if someone were to walk brazenly into your home armed and dangerous, would you not feel on edge or even threatened? Obligated to defend your home without a second thought? Do you not think a warrior such as Lady Kaiu might feel equally uncomfortable with a complete stranger entering her home, effectively claiming that she cannot defend you nor herself for that matter?"

The mantis would pause for a second to breathe, then continue. "I implore you, Zanzen-san, please help us this night by co-operating. If you refuse, then I cannot stop you nor force you to leave. However, doing so would most likely give the lady a bad impression of you, assuming she does not have you thrown out entirely for the hubris."

He would do his best to remain calm and collected, knowing that the polite approach was probably going to be the only thing that might have a chance of convincing him. If not... well, it was the courtier's job to diplomatically handle whatever came afterward, wasn't it?  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Kaiu Estate:

The servant would go safely and securely put away the weapons given to him, while another bows and leaves without a word. The discussion of whether or not Zanzen should turn in his weapon is still raging while the first to servants stand by idly, when Kaiu Hana would open the door to the tokonoma, not waiting to put in her two zeni.

"It's quite all right, Yoritomo-san. The Crane and Crab have seldomly seen eye to eye, and I am sure this is closer to the Shadowlands than any of you have ever been. Truth be told, we're tucked away deep in the center of Crab lands and are in very little danger, but if Kakita-san would feel more at ease armed, then by all means, I will not stop him from being so." Like Hisashi and Kojiro, Kaiu Hana appears to be only wearing her wakizashi as well, despite knowing of this situation.

She would then bow. "But where are my manners. I am Kaiu Hana, wife of Kaiu Ieyasu, and mother of Kaiu Kagae. Welcome to my home." Doing a quick scan of the lot of you, she would add, "Are you three the only ones who will be accepting my invitation?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games