Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:09 am
Gotami_chan
smithers456
Gotami_chan

Welcome Gotami chan to the Guild,

It's really neat to have a member from India. I'm not surprised that Anime is not popular in your country. I'm curious, how do you watch Anime, and do you read Manga. Do you get these items online or is their a place that you can go to get them. Are their Anime / Cosplay conventions in India? if so let us know all about them. Check out the Main Forums and Sub Forums of the Guild. Their is something for everyone to get involved with. In the Contests Sub Forum we have our contests. We just Finished the "Video Game Questionnaire" contest. This months theme is Magical girls so the next contest will be based on them. Please explore the Guild and feel free to post on existing threads or start your own. My door is always open so if you have any questions let me know. Have fun and know that you are among friends that share your interests. smile

ohh wen it comes to watchin anime on television its usually ANIMAX! but i dont get that channel for some reason so i watch it online.we dont get mangas or any anime merchandise here its very irritating and no cosplay here and i hardly come across anime fans here i try to be in contact and may be have a small picnic or a get together where we share our opinions on a particular anime and decide on an anime we gonna watch next so we can keep discussing.Even tho people dont support anime much here we take pride in it and usually customize our t-shirts as u dont get any anime goods here. 3nodding
and yea i will try being a part of the next questionnaire whee

Their is a lot to learn in this Guild about Cosplay Culture. Check out the many Sub Forums to find out more. The Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion Sub Forum has many Official Anime Threads. In those threads you can learn a lot about certain series. Many are popular ones. Other Sub Forums you can learn more about Cosplay Outfits and tutorials where you can learn how to make outfits. Their are Convention Region Sub Forums where you can read about Conventions around the United States, Canada, and the World. Have Fun exploring. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:17 am
smithers456
Gotami_chan
smithers456
Gotami_chan

Welcome Gotami chan to the Guild,

It's really neat to have a member from India. I'm not surprised that Anime is not popular in your country. I'm curious, how do you watch Anime, and do you read Manga. Do you get these items online or is their a place that you can go to get them. Are their Anime / Cosplay conventions in India? if so let us know all about them. Check out the Main Forums and Sub Forums of the Guild. Their is something for everyone to get involved with. In the Contests Sub Forum we have our contests. We just Finished the "Video Game Questionnaire" contest. This months theme is Magical girls so the next contest will be based on them. Please explore the Guild and feel free to post on existing threads or start your own. My door is always open so if you have any questions let me know. Have fun and know that you are among friends that share your interests. smile

ohh wen it comes to watchin anime on television its usually ANIMAX! but i dont get that channel for some reason so i watch it online.we dont get mangas or any anime merchandise here its very irritating and no cosplay here and i hardly come across anime fans here i try to be in contact and may be have a small picnic or a get together where we share our opinions on a particular anime and decide on an anime we gonna watch next so we can keep discussing.Even tho people dont support anime much here we take pride in it and usually customize our t-shirts as u dont get any anime goods here. 3nodding
and yea i will try being a part of the next questionnaire whee

Their is a lot to learn in this Guild about Cosplay Culture. Check out the many Sub Forums to find out more. The Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion Sub Forum has many Official Anime Threads. In those threads you can learn a lot about certain series. Many are popular ones. Other Sub Forums you can learn more about Cosplay Outfits and tutorials where you can learn how to make outfits. Their are Convention Region Sub Forums where you can read about Conventions around the United States, Canada, and the World. Have Fun exploring. smile

Yess exactly why i joined here m so glad i joined thanx for all this u people are great! xd  

anonymph0

Eco-friendly Otaku

mnemosyneslunarian

Lonely Rabbit

9,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Market Browser 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 pm
I'm serenity, 20 years old and from capecod on the east coast of the US.
I've really only attended anime boston the past few years, and attended animenext for the first time this year back in june.
my cosplay collection is slowly growing but at the moment i mainly cosplay Fem!kano shuuya from kagerou project, Ene from kagerou project and Namine princess ver from Kingdom hearts.
I just obtained a Mimi Tachikawa cosplay from Digimon Tri. and am ordering an Anna Kushina cosplay from K project in the upcoming months.
I'm into various anime series, and have an anime list linked on my gaia profile.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:28 am
Hi there everyone. ^ I'm from California and I'm 14 years old. I moved from California. So far I've cosplayed as Oliver the vocaloid, Sugawara Koushi from Haikyuu!!, Clear from DMMD, Akira Mado from Tokyo Ghoul and Ino Yamanaka from Naruto. I love multiple animes and am currently watching Akatsuki no Yona. c:  

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:53 pm
Okay so . . . Everyone can just call me Luna, or Luna-chan if you want. I am female. I live in the US, but I want to visit Europe and Japan. I am 1/4 Japanese, and am currently learning Japanese at school. 日本語をすこし話します。I love Anime. Some that I've watched are; Kuroshitsuji ( Black Butler ), Furuba ( Fruits Basket ), Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Full Metal Alchemist, D-Gray Man . . . I'm basically a huge nerd, meaning I also love Science Fiction themed things, video games, reading, writing, drawing. I absolutely love ( adore, really ) cats, and I have two. I haven't cosplayed yet, but I am going to at AkiCon next month as Shiki ( true form ) from TWEWY. Complete with a Mr. Mew! I listen to a lot of JRock and JPop, mostly Pillows and Acidman.

I don't really like to give out personal info much, so please never ask. I am happy to make friends, though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:47 am
Lady Shimizu
Okay so . . . Everyone can just call me Luna, or Luna-chan if you want. I am female. I live in the US, but I want to visit Europe and Japan. I am 1/4 Japanese, and am currently learning Japanese at school. 日本語をすこし話します。I love Anime. Some that I've watched are; Kuroshitsuji ( Black Butler ), Furuba ( Fruits Basket ), Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, Full Metal Alchemist, D-Gray Man . . . I'm basically a huge nerd, meaning I also love Science Fiction themed things, video games, reading, writing, drawing. I absolutely love ( adore, really ) cats, and I have two. I haven't cosplayed yet, but I am going to at AkiCon next month as Shiki ( true form ) from TWEWY. Complete with a Mr. Mew! I listen to a lot of JRock and JPop, mostly Pillows and Acidman.

I don't really like to give out personal info much, so please never ask. I am happy to make friends, though.

Hello Luna,

Welcome to the Guild. You don't need to worry. The Captain and Crew of this Guild will never ask you for private info. If another Guild Member bothers you and tries to get you to tell them personal info that you don't want them to know please send me a message and let me know at once. I will take care of things for you.

Above all we believe in respecting our Guild Members. As Main Guild Monitor I take this very seriously. We are here with a common interest and to have fun talking about it and learning new things. If you ever have a question feel free to either contact me or our Crew Member Stephanie. We will be happy to help you.

Check out the Guilds "Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion" Sub Forum. on that Sub Forum their are many official threads to many series. If you don't see one of your favorites their is a suggestion thread where you can let us know if you want a new thread started.

Btw both my Niece and Nephew have learned Japanese in School. If I want to know how a certain word is pronounced correctly I ask them. Also they can translate some things for me. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

mochablush

Fashionable Informer

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:22 am
Hihi, everyone! I'm Bailey, but calling me Mocha is just fine too. I'm 21+, a seasoned vet of Lolita fashion, and a budding enthusiast in skincare. If you ever need some advice for planning that perfect coord, hit me up!

My top three animes are: Kuroshitsuji (baby's first), Code Geass, and Blood+. My favorite mangas are: Owari no Seraph, Bleach, and Magi. (A weird mix, I know).

Hobby-wise, I like to read a lot of fanfic, and throw money at whatever merch I can for my favorite shows/series.

I'm a picky eater, but my favorite dish is chicken fingers and fries. Strawberry Pocky's pretty good too, but I rarely get it lmao.

See you guys around! yum_strawberry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 am
Hi everyone. I go by either Mel or Melsa and live in Eastern Canada. emotion_yatta

I love reading of manga and watching anime. Some of my favourites are Tokyo Ghoul, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (them feels ), Fairy Tail and many others.

I can be quiet (and a lurker) at times but in reality I am quite talkative and outgoing. When I'm not doing anything anime/ manga/ cosplay related, I'm usually studying, traveling, skiing, watching movies on Netflix or gaming sweatdrop I also like eating a lot (especially any type of noodles and cheese)

I have been cosplaying for about 4 years now and have cosplayed quite a bit in the last few years including, Kyoko (puella magi madoka magica), Momo Hinami (Bleach), Mako (Kill la Kill), Lisbeth and Sinon - bathing suite version (SAO), Reverse Annie (LoL - I know it isn't an anime but I still love her), Rize - both fancy and manga version (Tokyo Ghoul), Nanami (Kamisama Hajimemashita), Stephanie Dola (No Game, No Life), Inori (Guilty Crown), Aries (Fairy Tail). I have plans to crossplay zeno from Akatsuki no Yona with a few friends but other than that still have a few cos that I need to finish making (so much procrastination ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) including GGO Sinon and Sasha (Attack on Titan).

See you all around _(:3」∠)_

Violet Waltz

Shy Otaku

18,075 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:04 pm
Uke-Kun Yaoi
Hi there everyone. ^ I'm from California and I'm 14 years old. I moved from California. So far I've cosplayed as Oliver the vocaloid, Sugawara Koushi from Haikyuu!!, Clear from DMMD, Akira Mado from Tokyo Ghoul and Ino Yamanaka from Naruto. I love multiple animes and am currently watching Akatsuki no Yona. c:

one of the cali reps here and super late to the party. welcome welcome

if you like those series. i'd also suggest owari no seraph~ i ended up watching it right after finishing yona  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:34 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
Uke-Kun Yaoi

one of the cali reps here and super late to the party. welcome welcome

if you like those series. i'd also suggest owari no seraph~ i ended up watching it right after finishing yona

Oooh I've heard about that. I might watch it next year during summer  

Uke-Kun Yaoi

Desirable Master

18,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Jinxedcomic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:01 am
Hello everyone! My name is Kat and I'm an indie comic book writer and illustrator who currently lives in Rhode Island. My signature takes you to my current comic project.

I don't cosplay, but I attend a bunch of conventions via artist alley booths. If you've been to Ohayocon, Ikasucon, Anime Crossroads, A&G Ohio, SPACE, and Sugoicon, you've probably seen me. xd

My favorite anime are One Piece and Slayers. My hobbies are playing the Jyamisen (a Japanese Banjo) and running 5K races.

Nice to meet you all!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:28 pm
Jinxedcomic
Hello everyone! My name is Kat and I'm an indie comic book writer and illustrator who currently lives in Rhode Island. My signature takes you to my current comic project.

I don't cosplay, but I attend a bunch of conventions via artist alley booths. If you've been to Ohayocon, Ikasucon, Anime Crossroads, A&G Ohio, SPACE, and Sugoicon, you've probably seen me. xd

My favorite anime are One Piece and Slayers. My hobbies are playing the Jyamisen (a Japanese Banjo) and running 5K races.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi Kat,

Welcome to the Guild. I've been to Providence, Rhode Island before and did a tour of the New England States back in 2001. I haven't gone yet but I do plan on going to Ohayocon in the future.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:47 am
Hello Everyone,

I think that it's time to reintroduce myself again. We have had quite a few people join the Guild recently and since I'm asking them to introduce themselves on this thread it's only fair that they learn something about me as well.

Many years ago I joined this wonderful Guild. As time went on their was a very slow period in the Guild. Our Captain put out the call for help and I answered it. With the help of many talented new Crew Members I have helped bring life back into this guild. Our Crew Members talents are very helpful and needed to keep things going. They have a diverse set of skills that cover Cosplay Outfits, going to Cons, knowledge of Certain genre of Anime both old and new series and now Comic Con (American), and what it is to be an Otaku. It doesn't matter if you are brand new to the Cosplay Culture or an old pro we can help anyone just ask.

I'm Ron and I'm 52 years young. Some people would say that I'm too old to Cosplay. Well when I was 12 years old I was told that I was to old to Trick or Treat and wear a Halloween costume. That didn't stop me then or now. I'm fully accepted as a cosplayer which makes me happy to no end. I happen to be born on Halloween which is pretty cool for a Cosplayer.

I share with everyone on the Guild what I have seen and experienced over the years. For 10 years back in the 1990's I worked at Sci Fiction / Star Trek / Fantasy Cons. This gives me a lot of inside info on cons in general that I gladly share. I have knowledge of both old and newer Anime series. I watched the Sailor Moon series when it came out on American TV. Also I have come to really like newer series like Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, and so much more.

The biggest talent that I share with everyone is my Semi Professional Cosplay Photography. When you check out the Guild you will see some of my work. Especially when it comes to checking out "Official Series Threads". These Official series threads can be found in the "Anime, Manga, Video Game Discussion", "Anime Retro and Classic series", and the "Comic Con" (shorter nick name) Sub Forums. I have been a Photographer since I've been 7 years old and a Cosplay Photographer since 2007. My way of Cosplay Photography is a little different than most. I always have my camera set on auto and focus entirely on who I'm taking a photo of. Due to this attention I have a lot of fun posing the cosplayers, and even interacting with them. On Deviant Art I have fans from over 60 countries around the World which still surprises me. Their is a link in my Gaia signature so check out my page and Photo Galleries. Soon I will be adding new photos to that page from Youmacon 2015. Some of those photos I will post here too in the Photo Sub Forum in the Guild.

I like to hike, bird watch, all the sciences especially Earth Science and Nature. I have a very large rock, mineral, and Crystal collection. I started this collection when I was 5 years old. In this Guild as I often say my door is open so if you have any either personal or Guild Related questions send me a message and I will do my best to answer it. I will also put out the call for help from the rest of the Crew to help someone that needs help with Cosplay outfits, etc. The Cosplay Help Sub Forum and the Main Forum are two places that you can post your questions at.

I put my heart and my soul into this Guild. I do what I can to help bring the magic of a convention to this corner of the Cosplay Culture that we are a part off. I also Love Horror Movies, Science Fiction Movies, and I have a very large collection of Anime to watch over and over again.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:31 pm
Hi! So it's been a while since I've been on Gaia and it's good to be back. My name is Loving Life Forever but my real name is Katie. I'm 25 and currently finishing up school in Delaware. While I have never been to a convention (not for lack of trying), I am a huge fan of anime, books, video games, and TV shows. My favorite animes of all time are Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and YuGiOh, though I have a lot of others.

I love to read books and always find time to read something. I have 5 bookcases in my bedroom and will probably need another one soon, I'm running out of room. Most of it is either fantasy (Game of Thrones, Harry Potter) or manga (above anime plus others). I'm always looking for more book recommendations.

I love playing video games. Right now, Dragon Age is consuming all my time right now, although Final Fantasy, Persona, and Kingdom Hearts are also favorites of mine.

I'm not even gonna touch TV shows cause I watch a lot of them, although my top favorites that I watch every week without fail are Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural.

I was extremely blessed last year to go down to Florida and work at Walt Disney World through the Disney College Program. It was a wonderful experience and would love to go back once I graduated college.

Ok, so I've rambled on long enough. Sorry about the long post.  

NerdyDisneyGirl590
Crew

Romantic Seeker

10,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

AinChan98

Profitable Bidder

5,575 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:00 am
Hajimemashite~ heart

My real name is Ain. This year I'm 18 ( yeah. i know I'm under age when im start playing gaia ) Please call me Nia or whatever you want~make sure its cute(lol). I'm from Malaysia and my favorite food is noodles~ yeah. all type of noodles~~ heart yum_puddi

favorite anime? well~ to many, like :
> One punch man ( who doesn't love it btw )
> Blue Exorcist ( Rin kun~~)
> Naruto ( of course )
> Beelzebub ( just start watching~lol )
> and more heart

I'm very, extremely Friendly so feels free to add me as your friends~ cat_whee

hmmm....whats more...oh yeah! I'm a Girl (lol,srry) and i love games! even left4dead, assassin creed, playday, RPG, online games and more! i have Steam's account but i forgot my id (srry cat_sweatdrop ). sooo, kindly pm me your steam account name so that i can add you~ heart cat_blaugh
whee cat_3nodding and i loveeeeeee CATTTTTTTSSSSSSS~~~ cat_whee cat_razz

thanks for reading my introduction~! hehek~! heart cat_whee
yeah. im annoying but whatever~ heart

yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi gaia_kittenstar  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games