Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:15 am
"That sounds amicable to me," Revenge would say. Then he would gesture towards the clearing where Corsica's sibling remained.

"I left my halberd on the ground when I was corralling Gloom before. I'll need to retrieve it before we can go. Is your sister dressed, so I may do so?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:18 pm
Kuori looked at Revenge and said, "Hey, do you have a sunrod?" The gears were turning, "It lives in a den, hunts at night, and has several eyes. And we know that it has amazing darkvision. I am willing to put gold down that it will be blinded by light."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:49 am
Corsica and her Sister
User ImageUser Image

Corsica would nod at Revenge. "Good; we will show you the way. My sister is dressed now. You are free to fetch your weapon, then we will head out."

The blue-eyed girl would immediately notice the fox as it entered the clearing. Her eyes light up with curiosity. She stops using the halberd to whittle and places it on the ground. She then begins to talk to the the Hakka in the language Hakka thinks might be Biant. "Nnt-saa, brukiki! Afikyunam kyjekso darmna zazjijazja krozorn!" Though Hakka does not understand what the girl is saying, her voice sounds more high-pitched and cutesy.

The blue-eyed girl reaches into a pocket sewn into her skirt and pulls out what looks like to be a bit of jerky. She then gingerly offers it to Hakka while saying, "Do tézjin? Fonasarr kyzjitysha."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:20 am
Even though understanding what the girl is saying was far beyond Hakka's grasp, the young woman certainly seemed pleasant enough. She clearly felt no danger from Hakka because the weapon was put down, and the girl even appeared to be offing the fox some food. In turn, Hakka approached the girl slowly, cautiously. She approached the food-bearing hand first, sniffing the dried meat. It didn't seem poisoned as far as the fox could tell, so she grabbed it with her mouth and hopped up onto the girl's lap to munch on the snack.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:47 pm
Corsica's sister
User Image

Besides being a bit bland from lacking any spices, the bit of jerky tastes absolutely fine. The blue eyed girl is surprised by Hakka jumping into her lamp. she seems a bit in aw at the small furry fox. She timidly raises her hand to pet the fox's back but pauses, as if unsure if it would disturb the creature.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 pm
Revenge would raise an eyebrow at Kuori. "Yes, I have sunrods. And an everburning torch. I'm surprised you don't have any such items. Don't Goliaths lack low-light vision?"

Turning towards Corsica, he would only say, "One moment," before heading back to the pond area.

Suddenly, the heavily armored paladin would come tromping through the bushes towards the girl and the fox's position! Tromp tromp tromp tromp!

"Ah, excuse me, miss," he would say. "I need my weapon back," he would say, gesturing towards the halberd on the ground. "Your sister and us were talking, and I'll be needing that so I can help slay this 'Razorclaw' creature."

Assuming no unfounded objections, he would retrieve his weapon. "I'm sorry about before," he would say after picking it up.

Also, after any other responses, he would comment aloud, "Wow, there sure are a lot of foxes in these parts. Second one I've seen in the past few minutes."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 pm
Corsica's sister
User Image

The blue-eyed girl looked up surprised as Revenge entered the clearing. "De--uh, uh, yes, of course. I uh... borrowed it for a bit to sharpen a stick. I don't get access to tools so sharp often. I would have returned it, but then this fox jumped in my lap. Isn't it cute! I don't want to disturb it."

As Revenge retrieves his weapon and apologizes about before, the girl would blush a bit and look down at the Fox. "I-it's all right. Let's just forget that happened."

Upon his comment about the fox the girl would muse to herself. "That's funny; its the first one I've ever seen around here. It must be a sign of good luck--especially for it to be so friendly!" The girl then finally worked up the courage to pet it and stroked the fox softly on its back as it sat in her lap.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:06 am
Once the fox had finished the bit of jerky, it had curled up on the girl's lap, having quickly gotten comfortable. She didn't appear to mind, so Hakka wasn't worried. In fact, she seemed rather interested. Though Hakka's eyes were closed at the moment, her ears would twitch a bit as she listened to the conversation between the girl, who she could understand now, and one of the big people she'd been following before. The girl's words were a bit unsettling to Hakka however. She had been trying to blend in, but having it confirmed out loud what she had smelled, that there were no other foxes around, might cause the fox trouble.  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 am
She nods and flourishes her boots before Revenge walked off, "We also arn't naturally stealthy. I grew up in darkness, it doesn't bother me. But I have a feeling that Razorclaw might be blinded by light."

With that she was left with Corsica. "Soooo, you speak giant?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:55 pm
Corsica and her Sister
User ImageUser Image

Corsica nods at Kuori. "Yes, that is the name for it in your language. However, in our own tongue, our language is called Alzrichkalb."

Corsica would turn to the clearing and shout in her native language. "Ying: zjeng okkasyzi kromy. Asréko riksenkiféthrydtha talzjik."

The blue eyed girl would look in her sister's direction and meekly respond. "Ai... aima." She would then look down at the fox and talk to it in Common. "Little fox, I have to go now. It was nice meeting you though. I will make sure to keep a piece of food in my pocket in case I see you again."

The blue eyed girl would stop petting fox and would attempt to gently nudge it from her lap. She was not using enough force to actually move it, just enough to hopefully encourage it to move on its own. She still seemed quite enamored with the creature and seemed reluctant to disturb it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 am
Revenge would return to everyone else's location, primary weapon in hand.

"I'm ready to head out now. Lead the way."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:02 am
The fox seemed to understand the girl, though whether it was the girl's words or her nudging was unclear. Either way, the fox hopped down off of the girl's lap, but then sat right in front of her and stared up at the girl expectantly. It wasn't hard to see that the little fox wanted to be picked up. Hakka's reasoning was that since it appeared she had formed an affectionate bond with this wild girl, it would be far less sispicious to be carried by her than if the fox were to follow the big people of her own accord.  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:58 am
Gloom stepped out from his hiding place and motioned to the blue eyes girl. "Time to go?" He acted as if he had been there all along.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:00 pm
Ying and Corsica
User ImageUser Image

The blue-eyed girl jumped as Gloom suddenly appeared out of nowhere to speak to her. "Ch-char? Oh, y-yes, my sister said we are leaving." The girl seemed uncomfortable in Gloom's presence and moved to leave the clearing, but then noticed the fox standing there in her way, staring at her. "What is it, little fox?" It took the blue-eyed girl a little bit to understand, but she finally figured out the fox wanted to be carried so she gently picked the fox up and left the pond clearing.

Upon exiting the pond clearing with the fox held to her chest, the blue-eyed girl saw the rest of the party and seemed a bit surprised to see so many people. She sheepishly told everyone her name while not making direct eye contact. "H-hello, my name is Ying. I am sorry if I startled anyone earlier. Sister said we are going to Razorclaw's den. We will lead the way."

Corsica immediately took notice of the fox in her sister's hand and cast it a suspicious glare. She began to speak to her sister in Giant. "Ying--do reta zjiloktha wami? Oranthin: mrykya vilok vrisna lamaréa tiyanéa, nash kyzikrevra. "

Ying would respond. "Zra, oranrama. Hruzi: rokgla kyché, zjoraglam, koyagla péchamyni. Yany jashina singra? Fyuzi: fyana. Rifkitunarr: téguya viché kizji." Her words sound pleading.

Ryssa Blackblood
Roll me a bluff check with your +5 bonus to convince Corsica you are a normal fox.

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:51 pm
Kowsauni

3 + 12 + 5 = 20  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games