Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Mykronos Island
Surrounding Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, נυℓч ⑦тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑦②
( ⑧ мσитнs, ②⑨ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:22 pm
Trigger Warning: gore

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Night never ending
The weapons we bring are our souls
You know, You know
You know what it means to feel real
So rise up, claim the sky
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He waited near the edge of the lake, garbed in thick black chitinous armor, his broadsword at his back, his scimitars sheathed at his sides, and poisoned daggers hidden about his person. The lake was up much higher than before, probably growing half again in circumference, and he had no clue how deep it was at its deepest point. His foe had not yet arrived, which was curious given what his prophetic nightmare had said, but maybe it wanted him to get there early? He didn't have to wait long though, in a few minutes a vortex opened up over the lake, and massive hairy black legs began to descend. He could have attacked the spider, but there wasn't much he could do against it from afar, and it would alert Matron Malevolence (his ex-wife) of his presence. And so he waited for what felt like millennium, but likely was only a minute or two, keeping perfectly still lest he draw the riding spider's attention. Once the spider and rider had descended enough that he could just barely glimpse the rider's throat, he drew one of the daggers and launched it at her. In a flash, the spider reared up, protecting its rider. The dagger hit the spider like the fangs of a Grandaddy Longlegs on an elephant, and clattered into the lake. "Tisk tisk dear, is that any way to greet me? It has been over a month and yet you never came home. I was starting to worry, so I thought I would come rescue you myself." "You can spout whatever lies you want, hag. At least one of us is dying here today, and I'll be damned if I let it be me." "Such bold words, husband, but you are old and in decline whereas I gain more power as I age. Oh well, you always were troublesome even for a male. I guess it is time that someone finally taught you a lesson." In an instant, the giant black widow spider was soaring through the air, ready to land upon him, and Matron Malevolence hovered in the air above the lake watching the scene with barely a hint of interest. Drizyrr rolled to the side, just barely missing the spider that was about to tackle him, and drew his broadsword. Sure it would slow him down, but it had better reach than a scimitar, and he would need something he could put a lot of force into in order to break the hide of the beast. The beast lashed out as he was coming out of his roll, and he barely had time to raise the broad side of the sword between his body and the salivating jaws of his attacker. The poison dripped with a hiss from the spider's fangs, and splattered onto his armor, wearing little gullies into it. He shoved against the sword, which was enough to slide him away for his armor was smooth and slick, and quickly stand. On the beast's next attack, Drizyrr feinted to the right, then swung the sword back around into the monster's face, lopping off one of two fangs. The creature hissed in rage and Matron Malevolence had to cover her face to avoid laughing out loud. "So he is not as weak as I thought, how amusing," she thought as she continued to watch the battle.

The monstrous spider was unrelenting, seemed to never lack for stamina to fuel its blitzkrieg. The same could not be said for Drizyrr: Ceres had been right, he was still definitely sick; and the Matron was partially right in that he was old and wearing down. Combined, and well, things were beginning to look bad for him long about the six minute mark. That was the thing about battle: in the moving pictures, a fight seemed to last forever, but in reality, they usually only lasted a few minutes. Six minutes against one opponent was extreme. He dodged to the right, only for his foot to get momentarily stuck in the muck of the lake rim. It wasn't long, but it was enough time for the spider to close in on him and knock him down. He was slammed against the ground by the beast's front legs, knocking the air out of his body for a moment. He gasped to try to regain it, but it was expelled once more in a battle cry as he tried to wrench the beast off of himself. The beast had learned from previous attempts, and now stood on Drizyrr's arms long about the elbow so that the man could not use them to defend himself. The acidic saliva mixed with blood as it dripped onto Drizyrr, his armor barely holding itself together. The spider looked upon him with glee, feeling its owner's satisfaction at its back. Drizyrr had always been rather shoddy with the few spells he knew, but he was going to have to try it. Muttering the incantation under his breath, a glowing flickering orb of deep purple coalesced above him. By the time he was done, there was a ball of pure purple flame roughly the size of his head. With a quick word, he launched it straight into the face of the spider. Suddenly seeing fire flying towards it, the spider scurried backwards giving Drizyrr a moment to escape.

"Nice spell work darling, but it was really never your forte. Why don't you try this on for size?" With barely a flick of her wrist and a few muttered words, brambles black as night and as thick as a tree trunk shot out of the ground, wrapping themselves around him. They didn't need to stay long for soon the spider was back on him. It clamped down on his arm and tore him from the brambles before swinging him around and knocking him against the ground and any solid object it could find. He knew he could hear crack after crack as his ribs and limbs were crushed. At one point, he hit his head upon a rock, and for a moment all he could see was darkness. The world got very confusing at this point, and he began to lose track of what was going on. But not even the bliss from the concussion he sustained when the back of his head was cracked home could dull the pain of the coming moments. The spider slammed him to the ground once more, but finally the acid of its saliva had done its work, and Drizyrr bounced over to the side while most of his arm remained in the mouth of the beast.

Matron Malevolence called to the beast, ordering it to stop. Then she walked over to the pulped body of Drizyrr. "Darling, you have not screamed once. How am I supposed to enjoy this last show when you will not play your part?" He tried to say something snarky, but he had landed face down and he didn't have the strength to move. The Matron kicked him over onto his back, "well then, I guess I will have to try something different." She drew forth one of his scimitars and placed the tip just under his collarbone. The blade was sharp and well maintained, so with very little effort, she was able to push the blade in and drag it all of the way down into the pelvis. With a few lateral cuts, she was better able to open up the incision she had made. With pinpoint precision, she was able to stab a strange black lump upon his heart. A tiny shriek came from the organ as a black widow the size of a child's fist detached itself from his heart and staggered out onto the blood stained grass. As soon as it had left his body, tens of millions began to pour out of his abdomen until it looked like a stream of solid black was flowing from a spring. "Foolish husband, you never stood a chance."

"Long was the hour for the valiant knight that would ne'er be sick or slain
Lonely the bower in the candle light with neither kith nor kin
Storm clouds over the full moon raced, as he swung to the dapple grey
And man and horse to the westward faced on the eve of an All Saints' Day.

He's laid his hand on his hunting horn and with his dying breath
Has blown a blast to the blazing morn that would rouse the angel of death
High in the cusp of the starry night he heard his grey hawk mew
As out of the misty morning light his ghostly greyhounds flew.

Waillee waillee my noble lord who wakes me from my rest
There's none can heal the wounds of time that lie bloody on your breast"

Funds: $250
      Relationship: Courting?
          Mood: Dying
              Pain: ⚕︎ ⚕︎ ⚕︎ ⚕︎ ⚕︎
                  Ooc: This is something Cho and I have been planning for a long time, so please let her reply before you jump in.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:52 pm
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Human Form:
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After he had left her home, the second the door had shut behind him, Ceres fell to her knees with tears pouring out of her eyes and streaming down her face. That was it. Just like that he had slipped from her hands and left her. What was she supposed to do now? She still couldn’t wrap her head around the reason as to why he’d leave. Everything was going so well, so why? Was she smothering him too much? Had she done something to offend him in some way? Her heart was breaking into a million pieces as the wound from her past abandonment had felt like it was reopening into a bigger wound. Time and time again she had opened her arms and heart to others and it all ended with her being left behind. Perhaps she was just destined to be alone until the earth began to crumble upon itself.

What felt like hours of crying to her, it was only a mere 5 minutes until Nyx had heard the sobs from upstairs. In an instant, the grassy-haired woman stormed out of the bedroom, making her way back to her sister. ” What’s wrong? Why are you crying…? “ Glancing around the room, she realized a certain someone was missing. Her worried looking face soon turned into one filled with rage. How dare he! He must’ve had some big gonads to just up and leave her baby sister in a puddle of her own tears! Standing onto her feet, an exasperated sigh rushed out of her mouth as she had pulled her cloak off of the hanging rack, throwing it over herself.

Finally able to cease her sniffling and somewhat of her tears, Ceres lifted up her head to Nyx headed towards the door. ” W-Where are you going? Don’t… Don’t follow him, Nyx! He doesn’t -- “ A quick hand covered her mouth to get her to shut up for a moment. ” To hell what he wants or doesn’t want! That worthless worm doesn’t get to just hurt you and leave! Now, go wash your face and go back to bed… I’m gonna go find him and give him a piece of my mind and fists… “ Ceres could even retort before Nyx had left her alone as well.

For quite some time, Nyx had mastered the skill of tracking, plus with the help of the trees and other vegetation, she was easily able to find Drizyrr in his home. Her anger wanted to just bust through his damn doors and whip him for playing with Ceres’ emotions, but something caught her eye… He was putting on armor? For what? With a raised brow, the brute of a Dryad stayed hidden in the shadows as she had silently observed the Drow’s actions. He seemed frantic and almost in a slight frenzy to get prepared. Usually men only gathered weapons and protection in times of war. What was going on?

The whole time the woman had followed him every step of the way until he had reached the lake in the forest. Something was terribly wrong. Her eyes had witnessed everything before her. The giant spider with the evil woman riding its back. The fight. Everything. She wasn’t going to jump in, however. She wanted to see the vermin get hurt. There was a heavy price to pay for hurting family. Yet… Nyx didn’t like how things were playing out. This woman, whoever she was, wasn’t going to play fair. Not only that, but she was looking for blood -- his blood. As much as she hated Driz, she knew Ceres didn’t want him to get too seriously injured.

Speaking of the devil, Ceres had followed her all the way there! Not only that, but seeing the pitch black pool of spiders streaming out of his chest got her running out there without even thinking. ” S-s**t…! Ceres don’t…! ” This was bad. Really bad! Ceres had acted on impulse and emotions. Seeing her beloved severely hurt made her heart break even more. ” STAY AWAY FROM HIM! “ The young Dryad screamed as she quickly brought forth a thick wall of thorns between them and his ex-wife. ” D-Driz…! Oh no… Please… Can you hear me, love? “

☆ mood: Horrifiedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:13 am

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

As soon as she heard someone approaching, she jumped back from her dying ex-husband and surveyed the situation. Two women had appeared, possibly of a plant-related nature, a theory that was further corroborated when one of them threw up a wall of thorns. Well, she could deal with the one tending to the useless male later, for now she would concentrate on the other one. "My pet, do go and sic that foolish woman. She meddles in affairs which do not concern her. And just to make things a little extra fun..." she muttered an incantation, and soon there were three more spiders upon the field, each about the size of a large dog. "Have fun my pretties, Mother will keep an eye on you."

Drizyrr was bleeding out, though the presence of the tiny spiders actually stopped a little of the blood from getting out. Still, he wouldn't have time to get to a hospital before he had completely bled out. His eyes were having a hard time focusing, but he was quite sure that Ceres was there. He had heard her, right?And he was pretty sure he could see a warm form hovering above him. It had to be her. Thinking that maybe he had finally obtained admittance to peace in the afterlife, he tried to reach out to her, but his body was weak and he was wracked with pain with every movement. So he must have still been alive. Well s**t. "Wanted you safe. Too precious to lose." She could easily see his lungs expanding and contracting in his chest as he struggled to speak to her. If he was going to die in her presence, he wanted to set some things straight. That and did it really matter if he pushed himself? He was doomed anyway. "I love you, Ceres. Always will." He managed to flop his remaining arm onto his chest, which hurt like hell and for a moment his vision completely went out, but he worked through the pain, his hand digging its way under his armor and into the breast pocket of his shirt. He pulled out a small cloth bag that was now deep red with his blood, and from within the bag he pulled out a ring. Its band was made of oak and there was a large black diamond-like stone on it. It was the perfect size for Ceres. "This culture...ring for engagement. Was going to ask...never found moment. Keep it. Token of undying love...though I die. Keep it and escape. She's too powerful." He wasn't going to be able to maintain consciousness for much longer, but still though his hand was resting on his chest, the ring was held up for her. Hopefully she would understand his halting explanation, understand why he had shut her out of the situation. He could have died happy knowing he had protected her from this fate, but if she was going to show up and witness his death, it would settle his soul if he knew that she forgave him.

Outside of the barrier, all four spiders were lashing at Nyx, eager to drink her blood. Matron Malevolence was growing bored though. Her pets were doing well enough against Nyx, so there wasn't much of anything for her to do except taunt the other female. "It figures," she called out to Ceres, "that man is so weak and pathetic, he escapes one mistress to find a new one. Truly, I thought he would have more spine than that. Give up on him, child. That man, whatever his name may be, will soon die, and all of your efforts to save him will be for naught. Come out and fight me so at least we can be done with this business more quickly." A sickly green orb grew in her hand, and once it was the size of her fist, she threw it lightly at the thorn wall. There was a hiss as acid ate through the plants, slowly digging through the fortifications. "I can keep doing this and eventually get to you, or you could come on out. If you surrender now, I will make your death quick and painless." And she would actually keep her word, too. No need in insulting a female of a magically-inclined race.

Relationship: Courting
                  Ooc: I'll let you do the honors of killing Nyx. And you can kill Malevolence if you want too.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Human Form:
User Image

” A-Ah, Driz…! Don’t push yourself… “ Her words had fell short as her beloved went abou to grab something off of him. The sight of the blood soaked bag made her heart drop. She honestly couldn’t believe that someone could be practically opened all the way up like a cadaver and still manage to find the energy to move -- even a little. What was witnessed next had brought her to more tears. A ring? How long had he been holding onto that? With shaky hands, they reached out to take a hold of the ring, clasping it close to her heart. ” I love you, too… “ Ceres replied in a sorrowful tone while leaning forward to kiss the top of the Drow’s forehead. He felt cold. He lost so much blood that she had no more time to lose! The Dryad slipped the ring onto her finger before she had dried her face from tears. Now wasn’t the time to cry. It was time to fight. ” You’re not dying. Not like this, not right now. “

Mustering up as much courage as she could, Ceres dropped both of her hands over his split open abdomen, muttering an incantation of healing. Her hands began to glow a bright light, letting her powers seep into Driz’s wounds. The steady stream of spiders was very alarming, but they weren’t going to stop her from saving his life! He wasn’t going to die in the forest like this. He was going to be a brittle old man in the comforts of his bed by the time his death day came. Wait… something, no… someone was missing. Nyx! She didn’t stop her healing abilities at all, but she did move her gaze from his gaping wound to try to find her sister.

The four spiders that were released onto her were relentless. There was no way that Nyx was just going to run off like some pansy! ” s**t, I should’ve brought some damn bug spray! “ She exclaimed as she used her powers to manipulate the trees and their strong branches. Now, her magic definitely wasn’t as substantial as Ceres’, but they did the trick when it came to squashing some pests. Purposely leading them closer to the forestline, the brute was able to exterminate the smaller ones with slight ease. Some of the tree branches swung and landed down onto their targets, while the others were a bit more fierce and began to bludgeon the other. Now, how the hell was she supposed to get the bigger one?

In the midst of strategizing and running, Nyx’s false wooden leg had gotten caught onto one of the uprooted roots of a large tree, causing her to hit the ground. Seeing that she was down, the large arachnid was pretty eager to pounce onto its prey. However, a vine that Ceres had controlled was quickly thrown around its body, bringing it to a halt. While it was holding the beast down, it wouldn’t hold for long. The spider fought and snarled as it tried to free itself from its restraints, causing Ceres to work even harder to keep it back. ” Ceres! Pay no mind to me! Just focus on Driz, I’ll handle this pest! “ Nyx shouted as she managed to get back onto her feet. Around the same time, the vines holding the creature down snapped and gave way. The restraints only lasted a short while, but it still gave Nyx enough time to slam a tree onto its body.

Going back to Driz, Ceres tried to focus all of her energy into the healing spell. Already, she could see the opening from his clavicle to his pelvis was slowing beginning to heal, but now she had to deal with another problem -- His murderous Ex-Wife. How long did she plan on taunting her? If she thought she could be moved by words alone, the the woman was wrong! Hearing the woman go on and on about surrendering to her for a quick death, the Dryad simply scowled before one of the thorn covered vines from her wall quickly went out and struck her against the cheek. Ceres was never the one to get seriously angry, but tonight was different. Matron injured her love and that was a crime she was not willing to forgive. ” He is Drizyrr of House Zaulyl! The pathetic one I see is you! You let your pride and selfishness control you to come to some foreign plane of existence. Leave now and I’ll let you keep your miserable life. If you continue to try and hurt him, I will not be afraid of killing you myself. “

☆ mood: Horrified | Angryxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:42 pm

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

Drizyrr was working on trying to remain conscious now. Most of the feeling and even the pain had left his body, and all he felt was non-existence, as if he were a mere spirit floating near the ground. He was vaguely aware that the ring had been in his hands and now it was not, so assumedly she had taken it and was hopefully wearing it. So did that mean she had forgiven him at least enough to allow the courtship between them to continue? That was his strength to keep living: knowing that she still wanted him around. The last of the spiders trickled out and scurried off, disappearing into the ground. Now though it could finally be seen what they had been doing in there: they had been holding him together. When he was nearly disemboweled several centuries ago, everything in his abdomen had either been damaged or forced to shift because the supports weren't there anymore. The spiders had been brought in to repair the damaged organs and create a viable infrastructure for him. Their webs had been holding everything in place for a long time, but with them gone, the webbing was starting to disappear. Ah well, he had lived with the damage for the few months between when he was injured and when his second mother-in-law introduced the spiders, so he could definitely make it a few days now. Well, that aspect could. The gaping wound would kill him fairly quickly if Ceres weren't working as fast as she could to seal him up.

Matron Malevolence smiled as the thorny vine slapped her across the face. She ran a finger through the blood, then licked her finger. "Well, he managed to find a spirited woman at that. I hadn't thought him that well trained. In that case, I really don't mind killing you. It would be disrespectful to ignore you." Of course, that didn't mean she was going to fight fair or anything. Gathering up some of the latent magic in the area, she cast an extended version of Darkness, creating a dome of light-absorbing darkness over the lake right up to the treeline of the forest. Instantly her eyes switched to dark mode, which caused them to glow ever so slightly. This time though she pulled in some different units: two more of the small spiders as well as a 8-man unit of drow soldiers. Within the unit was a priestess, two wizards, and five soldiers. With Nyx sufficiently occupied, she turned her attention back to Ceres.

Drizyrr's eyes automatically shifted as well, and it took him a moment of wondering why the colors were so different to realize that everything around them was now in absolute darkness, and the dryads wouldn't be able to see. Everything was a struggle, but he finally managed to get out a few words "cast ehel vecna. Only words needed." The ring was more than just a ring, it was a dweomer, or a magic device that facilitated the casting of certain pre-prepared spells. He had gotten a couple drow spells put on there. One such spell was ehel vecna which would grant her a drow's night vision for about fifteen minutes. It would interrupt her from healing him, but he was a drow: they were built tough. He could linger on a little while, hopefully it was long enough for Ceres to at least get them out of there.

Matron Malevolence cast plant to stone and then disintegrate in rapid succession, turning a person-sized chunk of the thorn wall into stone before it disintegrated into a fine powder. Now having line of sight, she was able to cast Whirlwind of Daggers right beside her opponent, and soon the whirlwind was upon them. Each dagger only did a little damage, but there were at least 20 of them and they were spinning at high velocity. Already she was preparing another spell, just in case she needed to add a little more oomph. Though it was a delicious predicament: would the young dryad continue healing her love and suffer the damage, or would she stop and try to defend them, potentially allowing him to bleed out? Really this was much more fun than just tormenting her husband. Just for fun, she threw a fire ball so that it landed a mere few inches from Drizyrr's legs. The darkness swallowed up the light of the fire, but definitely not the heat or burning potential. Soon the wind from the dagger storm would beat the flames to life, then there would be two semi-natural-based disasters right on their heels.

Off to the side, the drow unit was closing in on Nyx, perfectly able to coordinate their attack and see her at the same time. They were all going to attack at once, with the soldiers fighting melee, one wizard and the priestess buffing the soldiers, and the second wizard casting long range support spells.

Relationship: Engaged?
                  Ooc: Have I made it dangerous enough?

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:44 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Human Form:
User Image

It wasn’t surprising that Matron hadn’t taken Ceres’ threat to heart. That only meant that this unnecessary battle was going to be dragged out longer than the Dryad would have hoped. From doing a whole healing spell, along with using her powers to manipulate the flora around them, it was gradually becoming more and more difficult to keep everything together. Not to mention, her mind was racing uncontrollably even though she hadn’t shown it in her face. How was she supposed to fight? Ceres was definitely more of a lover than a fighter, but she wasn’t just going to sit submissively and allow herself and Driz to get killed! What to do, what to do? Her uncertainty grew as the darkness summoned by the ex-wife began to swallow up the entire area that they were in.

Pitch black. That’s all Ceres could see. She was almost too preoccupied with her anxious and angry thoughts to even hear Driz, but luckily she had picked up what he had said in the nick of time. A spell? She highly doubted that she could have casted Drow magic, but if he had faith in those words, then she’d trust them. ehel vecna… After saying the spell, her vision began to come back to her, but it was off somehow… Pushing her curiosity aside, Ceres forced herself to focus on the tasks at hand. The barrage of attacks cast upon them was something that she had to deal with first. With the whirlwind of daggers coming forth, there wasn’t enough time to counter-attack. She needed to be on defense. Throwing herself over Driz’s body, shooting out from her back came out a thick and wooden type of shield. Driz was untouched by the falling blades, but Ceres had managed to get some minor cuts and grazes. However, the fire that came right after nearly spooked her like a horse. ” Fire…! “ While she had fought off a good chunk of her phobia, there was still a few fragments that had lingered behind in her mind.

The Dryad had created more vines, however these ones were smooth and soft. They acted someone like a bandage wrap and snaked their way around Driz’s torso and abdomen. They had to move, and Ceres didn’t want to risk his innards spilling out during travel. ” Please, hold on, my love… “ She whispered to him before she had hoisted the male into her arms, carrying him how a soldier would in battle. He was heavy, but she dealt with it decently enough and made a beeline into the forest. There, she would either try to heal him in peace or find a place to stash him for temporary safe-keeping. She had ran deep into the forest before she had to stop for rest underneath a large and tall oak tree.

Placing him gently onto the ground, his back resting against the bark of the tree, Ceres panted and winced slightly in pain. There was a small wound on her side that was bleeding pretty bad, but it wasn’t anything fatal. With lavender eyes glancing back over to Driz, she had immediately went back to her healing. She wasn’t going to lie -- she was tired. Ceres had never used this much magic before, and it was draining her. It was so draining, in fact, that she had finally noticed the tips of her fingers were slowly turning into bark and wood. ” That’s not a good sign… “ She thought, but decided to keep it to herself. As the light came back from her palms and seeped into Driz’s body, she was actually making decent progress. The injury on his body was healing up nicely, but soon the healing light stopped the second a blood curdling scream was heard from the distance. ” Oh no…! NYX! “ They had left her! What kind of sister could do such a thing! Ceres had to go back for her.

Moving her gaze from Driz to the oak tree behind him, Ceres made the decision to hide him. Pressing a now wooden hand against the body of the tree, she began to murmur to it softly in a language that on it understood. ” [ Please, grant this man safety until I return… ] “ Within seconds, the tree slowly began to cradle Driz’s body into its own. It had almost a motherly touch the way the tree had gingerly took in the injured Drow. He was so far into the body of the tree that he was practically camouflaged. No one would find out and the tree would release him once she had returned. Seeing as he was safe for the time being, Ceres darted back to the lake to rescue Nyx.
Unfortunately, by the time she had gotten back… it was too late. After Nyx had squashed the last spider, she hadn’t realized that it had grazed her with its fangs. It wasn’t able to deliver enough venom to kill her on the spot, but it was enough to at least begin to slowly deteriorate her body’s function. Her vision blurred and with it being so dark, she was practically blind. Not only that, but the burning pain she had felt throughout her body made it impossible to move. The once brute of a Dryad was now nothing more than another corpse to Matron and her minions. A sharp lance through the abdomen caused her to cry out that god awful scream, and by the time Ceres had returned to retrieve Nyx, another soldier had lopped her head off of her shoulders, letting it roll into the blood covered grass and dirt. It was done right before her sister’s very eyes.

☆ mood: Horrified | Angryxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:47 pm

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

He wasn't sure if she had heard him, not sure if it had worked. He couldn't see anymore...was just too tired, too weak. Sleep, that was what he needed, to just let go and...no. No sleep. If he allowed himself to pass out, would he even be able to wake up again? Oddly enough, now that she had healed him a bit more, he could sort of feel things again. Feel the pain like a dull ache throughout his body. It would have been better if it was sharper, but he could focus on it. Focus and keep himself conscious. He was vaguely aware of a pressure on top of him, a...warm pressure? Was she on top of him? Given the situation, that probably meant she was shielding him. He was such a weak creature that she had to save him and protect him at the same time. He had to make it up, he had to find some way to help. But what could he do? His mind felt like it had been stuffed with cloth, and he doubted he could move at all no matter how hard he tried. He must have zoned out for a little while, for next thing he knew, there were gentle yet firm vine wrapping around him like thick bandages. Yes, he was probably still a bit open, wasn't he? So if she was wrapping him up like this, that meant either she was leaving to fight, or she was getting ready to transport him. He hoped it was the latter, his ex-wife was just too strong for his current wife or anyone else around. Wait...had he just thought of her as his wife? They hadn't gotten that far in their relationship, but it would seem subconsciously that was what he felt for her. And now he was being hoisted up into her arms. He really felt bad about that, he had gained a bit of wait since he met her, so he probably wasn't quite as easy to carry as he once was. Though he was trying to be as stoic as possible, he couldn't help but wince when she picked him up; his body was put into a new position when it was just barely coming to terms with its previous one. He thought they made it pretty far away from the battle, but he couldn't see anymore, and while he could possibly hear, the information just refused to enter his brain. He was set against something and she continued working on healing him until there was this terrible scream. Even in his addled state, he could process the scream though he couldn't quite figure out who it was. Were there other people here? It was too much for him to keep track of. Next thing he knew he was melting back into something's embrace and it was so warm and gentle like being a baby in its mother's arms, though he could not remember any such warmth from his mother. He had been trying to stay awake this whole time. Why? He couldn't remember anymore, couldn't remember where he was or what was going on. Sleep was calling out to him, and he no longer had the sense to deny its call. Gently he slipped into unconsciousness though his body refused to accept a more permanent state than this. It knew it wanted to live, even if it couldn't remember why at the moment.

Matron Malevolence watched from where she was levitating above the lake. Oh well, it seemed one little dryad had finally fallen. Her husband was nowhere to be seen, but that was fine. It might actually be sort of humorous if she killed the other dryad, and Drzyrr was so well hidden that no one found him. He would die of exposure or his wounds or maybe even starve to death all because his new mistress was trying to save him. How delectable. The other little dryad must have found a vision spell, for she seemed to have no problems with the darkness. Oh well, she couldn't last forever, and the Matron definitely had the upper hand. "Oh my, your little friend seems to have lost her head. Going to try to reattach it with a little tree sap and leaves? I hope you prove a more worthy foe, Mistress of Drizyrr, House of Zaulyl. Troop, attack!" And that they did. Except, three of the soldiers charged past Ceres and dug their swords deep into the wizards and priestess, while two stayed behind and took out the two spiders. "What is the meaning of this, you traitorous wretches!?" The soldier who had just slain the priestess spoke up, "We will not kill Commander Zaulyl nor a noble mistress who has chosen him. All of us were trained by him, and some of us even fought side by side with him. We will fight anyone else, but not those two." Though all of them knew that would not be the case, and the moment she lined up another spell, they all attacked together. Two of them managed to close the distance, but the other three were taken out by a single bolt of lightning that traveled between them. The other two were killed by another bolt of lightning, but not before they each grabbed at something. One had managed to grab hold of an amulet and yank it off, while the other had grabbed a ring. Both of their corpses held tightly to their prize, and took it with them to the bottom of the lake. The amulet had been a repository for magic energy, and with it gone, she probably could only cast another spell or two. The ring had been a dweomer and was what she had used to cast the darkness. She managed to gently glide back down to the ground, but she knew things had just gotten infinitely more difficult.

Relationship: Engaged?
          Mood: Unconscious
                  Ooc: __

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:49 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Human Form:
User Image

Did it really just happen? Did her sister just die in front of her? Everything was going so fast in her mind that Ceres didn’t even process the soldiers had charged passed her to kill their own comrades. Instead, the stupefied Dryad slowly stepped over to Nyx’s body, only to crash onto her knees in disbelief. ” No… Nyx are you… ? “ Her hands shook immensely as they gently picked up the severed head of her sister, pulling it close to her in her arms. No, no no! Why was this all happening? Nyx didn’t have to die! None of this was necessary at all! Her whole body was shaken to the very core with grief, guilt, anger and confusion. Tears soon began to flood Ceres’ eyes, pouring down her cheeks as she rocked back and forth, cradling Nyx’s head like a baby. ” I’m so sorry… I’m so sorry…! “ She chanted over and over. The only piece of her original family was now gone. Forever.

Ceres let out a loud and horrid scream while the corpse of her kin slowly began to shift back into a tree. Once the actual soul of a Dryad left the body, the physical vessel would turn back to no more than a simple dead tree. Bark so brittle and weak that the wind could easily break it piece by piece. Nyx’s severed head was no more than a bundle of withered, dry leaves. Dead. Everything about her was gone in an instant. At that moment, something in Ceres broke. Normally she was always against violence and killing. But, after killing her own that voice of moral that was once inside of her was quickly tossed into a temporary cage. She was enraged. She wanted vengeance not only for Driz, but for herself.

After Matron’s group turned against her and died at her hand, Ceres wasted no time in wrapping thorn covered vines around the wretched woman’s body, flinging her around like a ragdoll. In pure anger, Ceres slammed the vile creature against trees, the ground, anything hard that would cause enough damage before the vines began to squeeze like a python. Standing up slowly, the angry Dryad walked over to where Matron’s beaten and tied up body was, looking at her with her eyes void of empathy and forgiveness. Matron took blood, and Ceres was going to get some back. ” You could have just left. Left with your despicable life and return to the hell hole you came from… “ Each word, the vines started to compress her body more and more. ” ...Instead, you decided to cause nothing but unnecessary bloodshed and torment. You’re gonna die slow and then I’ll toss your carcass aside like the heaping pile of trash that you are. “ At this point, instead of crushing the very soul out of her body, Ceres decided to pull her apart. Limb by limb.

☆ mood: Angryxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:50 pm

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

She had been caught so off guard by the mutiny and was so lacking in magic now, that she hadn't a chance to defend herself before the vines lashed around her. To be fair, it wasn't uncommon for hired soldiers to switch sides, but that was usually only after the side they were on was sorely beaten. They never switched before the battle was decided. She raged and cursed as the vines whipped her around, never ceasing to fight even as her body was bashed against tree and ground and anything else that could break bones. She tried calling something through the portal, but it seemed it was not responding to her. In fact, the portal seemed to be sucking up everything that had come through earlier, which at this point was a bunch of corpses. Even the darkness was starting to recede. As Ceres was threatening her, even then she still wore her sanguinary grin, though now it was mixed with hatred and rage. "You think this will end here? My relatives will avenge me! One day, it might even be Drizyrr's and my daughter. Do you think he would try to protect her even as she ends him, or will he be a dutiful male and stand aside as you kill one of his own blood?

At the edge of the portal, a female drow was waiting patiently, watching with only mild interest as the body of Matron Malevolence was torn to bits. With her was a spider of pure white, and though it was fidgeting about, it was still waiting by the woman's side. She waited until it seemed that Ceres was quite through with ripping the corpse apart before she descended, the snow white spider resting on her shoulder. She held her hands up, palms outward, hoping that this still qualified as a universal sign of peace. Now that she was on the ground, it was pretty easy to see a rather prominent detail about her: she was definitely very very pregnant. "Madame Dryad, I come in peace. I would have come sooner, but I was on the other end of the portal making sure none of her relatives joined her. I am a...friend of Drizyrr's." The spider seemed anxious to get off her shoulder and go somewhere, but she held it back for now. "What the matron said last is true, the way things stand, her relatives will come to seek revenge. Eventually, this may mean that his own daughters must come here to kill him. I know neither you or he, or I for that matter, wish to see that. If you permit me, my spider and I can change the strands of fate so as to read that the Matron and Drizyrr killed each other at the last moment and no one else was involved. This will absolve anyone of coming here to seek revenge. Further, it will break his strand of fate, so no other drow may track him. All I ask in return is that you give him this," she held out a small cloth drow doll that looked to be quite old and very well loved. "If he does not recall, "Ust" should be sufficient." Or at least she hoped it was sufficient, but she couldn't help but feel it wouldn't be enough and he would not recall who she was. "And should he wish to see me at some point, I ask you permit this. Are these terms agreeable?" She had not made a single move closer, though she had let her hands fall to her sides, though still decidedly visible. Given what the dryad had been through, she did not want to give her any provocation.

Relationship: Courting
          Mood: Unconscious
                  Ooc: I can't wait for Ceres to tell Driz all of this!

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:39 am
x
x