Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:28 pm
Valacs wounds heal more slightly.
(Regen 2)

Valac swings at the Raider still next to him.

(Lol nope 19 didn't hit before 18 won't hit unless dominated does something to the target.)

And Valac is still unable to free his feet of being entangled.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:42 pm
(Dunno if we carried over the 24 hr combat rule.)

24 vs A1 Quarried for 13 dmg
20 vs A1 If he is still up, otherwise R1for 11 dmg

Kuori shot off another twin shot, setting her sites on the archer.

Edit: Kuori then received the healing blessing of Twyla's song, healing for 12 hp.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Noname 51 rolled 3 20-sided dice: 18, 13, 6 Total: 37 (3-60)

Noname 51

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:44 am
"Abysian!" Shayne would call out to Valac, though anyone could answer, "If you call a truce, I will promise not use my magic on you again."

Refocusing his energy, the wizard attempted again to destroy the door.

Magic Missile damage 7

If anyone agrees,
Action point
Visions of Avarice: centered O,16 +7 Vs will  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders R1,ongoing 5, save ends; both Immobilized, save ends
Bandit Ensnarer:cover
Bandit Archers: partial cover A1, bloodied
Valac: HP 48/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Shayne: HP 35/41
Kuori: HP 32/43
Bandit Boss: Marked; -4 to attack Valac, save ends
Abby:
Revenge: HP 23/53 bloodied
Twyla: HP 34/42

From his position entangled in the Bola line Valac lashes out with his sword at the Bandit Raider but the bandit manages to dodge the incoming sword blow.

With his second magic missile attack Shayne manages to blast away the wood around the lock holding the door secure. The door to the cage can now be opened. As Shayne casts his next spell the Bandit Raiders both look behind them in surprise and dash back to a observably empty bit of ground. They stare at this empty space in amazement One of them exclaims. "Where the hell did all this treasure come from." They then turn to face everyone else with their weapons at the ready. "None of you can have this. This belongs to us now."

Kuori shoots two arrows at the archer that had been attacking her and they both hit, one in the shoulder and one in the gut. The archer leans over in obvious pain. He was finally beginning to look a bit worse for wear. (Bloodied)

The Bandit Boss looks back at his men. "What the hell are you two numbskulls doing, there is nothing there. You guys are seeing things, and Kadlock, you get that close to hitting me again and I'll make you regret it." The Bandit Boss then shifts one up to Revenge and strikes him with his great club for 11 damage. He looks quite pleased with himself. His wound from Valac stops bleeding.

Abby moves over to AA20 and casts her gaze at the second Archer. The archer's posture slacks and his eyes lose focus.

Rain Yupa
You're up.

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:32 pm
36/53, Bandit Boss marked

MINOR ACTION

Revenge would grimace with the blow he was just given, one eye half-shut in pain. "Tieflings have diabolic ancestry, not demonic, you daft wizard! Either brush up on your history or your diplomacy, I don't care which!" he would bellow loudly.

Oh, and that club blow hurt too. Better tend to that injury as well.

Quote:
Lay on Hands on self, Revenge spends a healing surge and regains 13 hit points.

MINOR ACTION

"And as for you..." he would start, refocusing his attention to the boss. "If you insist on our noncombatants coming to harm, then I'll have to teach you a lesson on manners!"

Quote:
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength. A meager +1 to Revenge's next damage roll.

STANDARD ACTION

Fueled by his own suffering, he would raise his halberd high, radiant energy of his own life force amplifying the sunlight that shone upon the blade. With a "HA!", he would swing it downward, to share that same suffering.

Quote:
Martyr's Retribution, 21 vs Boss's AC. If it hits, it does 30 radiant damage to the boss. Going for nonlethal damage. Revenge spends a healing surge to utilize this power. His player makes plans to swap this power out with a Charisma-based one as soon as he hits level 6.

"I don't want anyone to die, so please, let us pass and we will go peacefully!" he would exclaim to his opponent. "Withdraw, and end this battle."

(If the Bandit Boss does, in fact, withdraw, I will not make an opportunity attack against him. This stipulation will repeat every round.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:17 am
User Image

Twyla

Twyla laughed as the bola flew over her head, feeling reckless and daring. It was a fun feeling! Despite her wounds, she was enjoying the dance of combat. As Kuori moved closer to be healed by Twyla's song, Twyla turned towards her, waved excitedly, and sang,

"I hope that helped, my tallest friend!
"My magic's now come to an end!"

She screwed up her courage and strode over to the bandits, who were groping at empty air. Treasure? But there was nothing there... it must be some kind of trick. Well, it wasn't being played on her, so this was her chance! Brandishing her little sword so the air sang through the holes in the blade, Twyla made a sudden speech to her friends.

"Look at these silly fools!
"Grabbing at fake gold and jewels!
"While they're distracted, let's attack!
"I'll start by stabbing this one's back!"

And she swung her sword forward--but perhaps a little too overzealously...

((Move to M18, minor to activate Bolstering Speech, 16 vs AC... crying ))  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:14 am
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders R1,ongoing 5, save ends
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers: partial cover A1, bloodiedA2, dominated
Valac: HP 48/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Shayne: HP 26/41
Kuori: HP 17/43bloodied
Bandit Boss: Marked; -4 to attack Valac, save endsbloodied
Abby:
Revenge: HP 36/53
Twyla: HP 20/42bloodied

Revenge strikes the bandit boss and finally seems to give the giant half orc a bit of pause. Blood streams down from the grievous wound he just received in his side (bloodied), however the boss simply smiles. "Nice hit, but I still got some more fight in me yet. Tell ya what, you give us six hundred gold and we'll leave this instant. How about that?"

Twyla sings a lively tune but swings wide with her short sword against the bandit.

Bandit Raider 1 swings his maul at Twyla and hits her square in the chest for 14 damage, knocking the wind out of her. Bandit Raider 2 stands menacingly in his spot. "Stay away from our treasure!" However, when both the raiders look back, they realize nothing is there. "Hey, where did the treasure go? We were gonna be rich!" (both save from the illusion) Raider 1 still continues to bleed from Valac's attack.

The Bandit Ensnarer reaches for another bola...and then realizes he is out. With a gulp, he reaches for his long sword and moves forward from behind the barricade to join the fray. Having been quite intimidated by the barbarian before, he instead charges the unarmed mage in the cage. He swings his longsword at him, striking him for 9 damage. From where he is positioned, the Ensnarer is not blocking the door to the cage, leaving Shayne free to try and move away. (Minor action to open the cage door. Door opens to the east.)

Archer 1 looks to be having some serous doubts about the fight now, having been seriously wounded, but he continues to fight on. He shoots another arrow at Kuori and hits her squarely in the chest for 15 damage, bloodying her. Archer 2 turns around and meanders off into the forest, where he disappears from sight.

Mongooseh
Your turn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:15 am
Valac does not manage to free himself from the DWARF SUN METAL CHAINED BOLAS OF INESCAPABLE ENTANGLEMENT. Used to bind gods to this world so as to give clerics something to worship.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:06 am
Kuori's healing had soaked up most of that last blow, but that archer had hit her hard. No more games. She knocked two arrows and aimed for the archers throat. She released her Two fanged shot at the man.

26 vs ac for 15 dmg
20 vs ac for 7 dmg
if both hit do an extra 4 dmg.  
Kowsauni rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 pm
Shayne attempts to blast the bandit next to him with Thunderwave but misses. He then opens the broken door to his cage and shifts one square out of it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:36 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders R1,ongoing 5, save ends
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers: partial cover A1, Dead; A2, dominated
Valac: HP 50/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Shayne: HP 26/41
Kuori: HP 17/43 bloodied
Bandit Boss: Marked; -4 to attack Valac, save ends; bloodied
Abby:
Twyla: HP 20/42 bloodied

Kuori nails the archer shooting at her. The first arrow strikes him in the heart and the second in the eye. He collapses to the ground quite dead.

The Bandit Boss looks over and sees his fallen comrade. "Darren! Well. I guess it will be a five way split now." The boss swing again at Revenge but the Paladin manages to parry the blow.

Abby follows the archer into the woods and disappears from sight.

Rain Yupa
You're up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 pm
36/53, Bandit Boss Marked

Revenge would glance to his left for a split second, eyeing the woods Abby had just walked casually in to. This was not good. Not good at all. "Damn..."

STANDARD ACTION

"KUORI! STOP BEING A MISER AND PAY THE MAN ALREADY!" Revenge would say aloud angrily. He had not forgotten how she looted the corpses of those slain Arian soldiers before and came out a rich goliath for it. If Revenge had been willing to disrespect the dead, he'd have a share to give the man; sadly, that was not the case here.

Suddenly, he would parry the incoming blow with his halberd. "I count it one hundred and twenty gold apiece then. I'll even tend to your wounded myself, free of charge. But for now... You really need to stop attacking! A man just died, show some respect!"

He would swing wildly with his halberd, seemingly completely unfocused and ineffective.

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike, Natural 1 vs AC. This hasn't been my fight.....

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:16 am
"Revenge, remember the forrest. The world doesn't work like that."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:28 am
User Image

Twyla

Twyla struggled for breath after the raider had hit her, slowly beginning to realize she was desperately outclassed. Looking around at her friends, she was starting to fear that this fight might not end so heroically for them.

Well, desperate times...

Without warning, Twyla swung back at the same raider that had struck her, words of encouragement leaping from her lips.

"Valac, my friend, come to this spot!
Show this meanie what you've got!"

A blinding flash accompanied her attack, and, in a sudden dazzling burst of light, Valac appeared alongside the raider. The bola still entangled his feet, yet here he was, the raider within his reach. Valac would feel the pain of his wounds numb a little as Twyla's hit laid extra life force on him. "Yeah!" she cheered. "Now you can stab this guy even though you can't walk anymore! You're Valac the Inescapeable!!"

She shuffled back quickly, marshaling her strength. Blood squelched in her shoes as she moved, and her breath came in ragged gasps. Yet her good cheer never faltered, and she turned to fix the boss with a surprisingly piercing gaze.

"Don't you think you're safe over there,
With a friend of mine beset by you!
Our strength and power's something rare,
And when you fight, you help us, too!"

And she swung her songblade through the air, it whistled with a clear sound that rang in her friends' ears like the ring of a bell. It wasn't strong enough to hurt the boss much, but Revenge would feel it suddenly resonate in him. The next blow from the boss seemed... somehow less frightening.

Across the field, Twyla called to Revenge. "If the next hit just tickles, it's only because you're so strong! Remember that!"

And she winked through her pain.

((Okay, this is kind of a complicated turn for Twyla...

Standard: MBA on R1: 29 vs. AC, 12 dmg (8 from MBA, 4 from Lesser Dimensional Step). As a result of this MBA thanks to Bolstering Speech, Valac gains +5 temporary hit points.

No Action: Lesser Dimensional Step: +4 more damage to the attack, and Valac may teleport to any square adjacent to R1. I choose not to teleport.

Move Action: Shift to L19.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Vigorous Cadence on the Bandit Boss. +12 vs. Fortitude... will probably miss... but I do half damage on a miss. Full damage is 14, half damage is 7.

As an effect, every time the Boss makes an attack, the ally closest to him will heal 5 hp. This lasts until the end of the encounter.))  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 am
Road Blocked
User Image

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers: partial cover A1, Dead; A2, ???
Valac: HP 39/57 Restrained, save ends;; Regen 2
Shayne: HP 13/41 bloodied
Kuori: HP 17/43 bloodied
Bandit Boss: Marked; -4 to attack Valac, save ends; heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied
Abby:
Twyla: HP 20/42 bloodied

As Revenge swings wide, Twyla leaves a nasty gash in the side of Raider 1 with her short sword. The wound bleeds profusely. (Bloodied!) Somehow her song seems to hurt the boss as well.

Bandit Raider 1 grabs the wound in his side and looks across the battlefield. He sees his fallen comrade to his left, his boss bloodied to his right, and a raging devil barbarian in front of him with a flaming sword. His will to fight fails. "Sorry Boss, but I ain't about to die for ya!" The bandit shifts back one square and then runs away behind the wall. The second Raider swings his mace into Valac and hits him for 16 damage. He then shifts back 1 square from the barbarian .

The Bandit Ensnarer shifts up to Shayne and runs him through with his longsword (crit) for 13 damage, severely wounding the mage.

Nothing is seen or heard from the archer that Abby followed into the forest.

Mongooseh
Your turn!

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games