Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:02 pm
Focusing on feeding Aresoth as the young dragon was starving, it reminded him of Myrddin when he had first hatched, though the firelizard had been quicker to snap at his fingers and Aresoth had a special grace to him. The thoughts about this that Aresoth felt from C'ryn made him happy, he was content and happy to have his bonded at his attention, it was the way it needed to be.

Seeing someone walk up out of the corner of his eye, C'ryn noticed a man dressed as a healer. The man seemed content on both Aresoth and G'ran's dragon, the two who had wounded one another when his Aresoth had attacked. C'ryn couldn't fault his dragon for what he had done, he still felt bad for having caused his dragon to feel that worry. "Oh.." He had almost forgotten about the fact that C'ryn had gotten a couple of scratches, he had done more work to the brown then the brown had done to him.

"Y-yes. Do you mind looking at Aresoth for me?" He continued to feed his dragon even as he waited for the man to come over to them. It was only a couple of more bites before Aresoth seemed full of his fill and he turned his eyes to watch the man as well. Mine, I will be ok. He sent a grudging look towards his clutchmate. You should sent him to look over Elzebuth Even though there was some contempt about what he was doing, Aresoth seemed determined to have his clutchmate seen first.

FatedFable

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 pm
The other dragonets were pacing, now that the excitement had died down at least a little bit, and Ichta found herself trailing after them. The little green - nervous, keeling, and fleeing - sadly reminded her of someone she knew extremely well. Had she herself not found herself leaning into a group of people when things got bad and she needed comfort? Your mother will make everything better, and then so will yours. Do not fear little one. It wasn't likely that it could really hear her, but Ichta was keen to send off the good thoughts as much as she could.

The rose colored egg - one that she tried to not let her heart call out for too fondly - began to move and her eyes lingered on it perhaps longer than she would have meant them to. At least they did until a little blue, weaving thru the Candidates, approached both her and Nadry. Despite the gentle clawed hand that reached out for them, Ichta held in the need to reach out for the little one.

Those little claws would so easily slice through her tender flesh if she wasn't careful and she wasn't sure she was ready to go sit at the healer's table. "Hello," she greeted instead, forcing a smile and gently swaying the hem of her robe like it was some sort of feline-based toy to bat at.

Hopefully she'd keep both her ankles for doing that.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 pm
"Promise," Nadry affirmed with a nod that looked more confident than she felt, but she did feel better. Not great, maybe not even good, but better. It was an improvement, and she would take it. Anything else she might have said, however, flew quite out of mind when they were approached by the Sun. At the beginning of the Hatching, this might not have been a great concern, but now...she was a little wary.

She had just started to shuffle back, arm going out to Ichta, when the hatchling...rolled? And it batted at them but not to hurt them, and was, well, cute. Nadry blinked down at it and offered an uncertain little smile. "Hello there."

Was it Ichta's, maybe? She glanced between the two for any sort of sign.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:10 pm
Uridith

Just because Uridith dared not interfere beyond what was needed did not at all mean that her precious little ones were not allowed to come to her. Seeing the girl who'd been so boldly trying to rouse an egg had been handled, the gold had let herself drop back to the sands, and one wing swung open wide as Star came sprinting towards her. Oh, oh no, oh her poor precious child! The gold's constant humming drooped into the quietest, most reassuring croon, and she shifted to hide away the green between her much larger muzzle and her side, her spread wing unfurling over top to hide them from even the view of those in the stands. Lovely darling. Sweetest little star. There's nothing to fear here with mother. Take all the time you need. Yours is waiting out there for you, my little starlet. But they will keep waiting as long as it takes, so catch your breath. Gareth was only happy that his rider's egg impressed your brother—and your brothers both are with theirs off the sands now. Wouldn't you like to find yours too? Oh, but there's really no rush at all, even if you want to stay until the stars above come out, we'll wait with you. But perhaps sooner would be better...

V'mel

The weyrlings were coming along faster now, and a few were the worse for wear it seemed. Fighting each other, those two would be a pair to watch, the brown and bronze. Team building exercises, and a firm hand. Let them aim their anger at thread, not each other. They didn't have to get along, they just had to get by long enough not to kill each other or drive a valuable wingmate between. He'd have his eye on both brown and bronze weyrlings for the foreseeable future.

"One bucket each," He called out to all the new weyrlings. "Don't over feed them, and don't cut yourselves. You're dragon riders, not wher handlers for Faranth's sake. You'll be feeding them again before bed, but if you let the gorge you'll be making your first riding straps from your own tanned hides," His words were probably empty threats. He'd never risk the loss of a weyrling so freshly impressed. It really probably wouldn't do to disobey though, because anyone who knew his reputation would know that he meant business.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:12 pm
Though his attention had gone back to the sands, Jacomus watched Taysen from the corner of his eye. When the young man stopped stumbling so much, he turned his entire focus back to the dragons. See, Kraketh? He's fine. Probably lost his footing in here. It IS crowded, and I'd have trouble, too. He crossed his arms, watching intently as the last two unhatched eggs rocked and shook. What could be hidden within? And when would the rest of the babes Impress?

Kraketh let out a small snort at his rider, then looked back at the hatchlings. He hummed, mostly to himself, and willed them to make the right choices. They'd find their own on the sands! And if not there, then in the immediate area!

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:15 pm

It was clear to Dristan that the little Brown was more badly hurt, which made the dragonhealer purse his lips slightly. All the same, he went to work right away, although it seemed that perhaps the Bronze had reservations, given the way he was responding. Although he could not hear what the dragonet was telling his rider, he could tell that the dragonet didn't seem overly concerned about his own wounds. "Most of these wounds are fairly superficial," he mentioned, looking the little one over. "They'll heal up on their own, for the most part, but we don't want them to become infected." Especially given that babies out of the egg were vulnerable to infection as a general rule. The baby seemed healthy enough, if somewhat preoccupied with food. He opened his kit again, and withdrew an astringent, as well as something to close those wounds with. In all likelihood they wouldn't need to be stitched-- it didn't look that severe. He'd tuned V'mel out for the time being, focused on the task at hand.

BastetAmun
Tsunake

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:28 pm
Rennati had not been expecting the little blue to approach her and play in the sands in front of her but she thought it was rather endearing. Even more so when he bumped his head to hers. “Find yours, sweet one.” She whispered after it as it tried to cheer up some that were receiving medical attention. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a little green shoot over to “Momma” and couldn't resist a smile. There had to be at least one mommas girl right? The slight movement of some of the remaining eggs caught her attention. You can do it! She willed them. Come greet the world!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:56 pm
The Sun looked back and forth between each girl. His little paw drew back when he realized neither of them were going to meet him in the middle. Were they afraid of him? There was nothing to fear from this little baby!

Ah, but that was when Ichta actually took to swinging the hem of her robe. Immediately, the blue dragonet seemed to perk up, and he reached out to bat at it. He crooned reassuringly at both, trying hard to radiate good cheer. Why did they look so sad?

Ichta, most beloved, gentle, and sweet Ichta. Why are you and your friend sad? Are you okay? Did my brothers hurt you? Everything is going to be okay, and your Aurinkoth will make sure of that. The blue inched closer, his radiant rainbow eyes staring entreatingly up at the skittish girl. I want you to be Mine, if you'll have me. Oh, please don't be afraid. I won't ever, ever, hurt you, and I can be really quiet too, see? His little voice seemed to shrink into a whisper, so he might not cause his most precious to flee.

A very quiet, but very earnest creel entered his throat. He reached out once again, his little rump wriggling in excitement and joy, but knowing full well he could not pounce Ichta. He could and would play gently, just for her. Always for her.

...I tried not to be scary, Mine. Did I succeed?

He sent Ichta nothing but wave upon wave of love. It was not a shocking thing though; instead of the sharp surprise of some Impressions, the dragon tried hard to make sure his impression was gentle. Ah, but even though his emotions, thoughts, and love began to flow to the girl, the strength of those feelings never wavered. He could be good dragon, a great dragon, if only the shy girl might let him. He would be her sun, forever and always, and ensure that from here on out, all her days would be bright.

User Image

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:59 pm
The Star had run to her mother, bless her. Amila watched the hatchlings from the area near the healers, sitting on the ground silently. She was watching the Sun gambol about, and the Star run to her mother. She watched -- and glanced to the eggs beginning to hatch. Shards, she didn't want mauled again, but she knew if a hatchling grew too boistrous nowhere was likely safe-- especially if Theirs was somewhere nearby. TYhat said she hoped they were more careful than the green that got her. Her aqrm wound mend and scar -- but that she wasn't phased by. Hopefully, nobody began fighting again like that horrible bronze or that bratty little brown. By Farenth's first clutching but the entire ordeal was...

Crazy? Likely becaue it was so big and over-exciting. The Runnerbeasts at home needed no audiances and Firelizards heeded to no crowds -- maybe just close family and candidates was better for them? Less frightening anyhow.

Or maybe she was being an idiot -- but regardless, she couldn't blame the babies. No, she'd watch, for now, quietly playing with the hem of her bloodied candidate's robes and watching the going ons. She was to not over-excite her arm, so watching was fine... Right? Watch, but not touch again without a dragonet's permission - this wasn't a Touching after all. Shards knew it wasn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Now that the danger was no longer so imminent, there was something the Tower needed to do. Someone he needed to see... or rather, someone who needed to see him. As his golden sister moved to try to reassure her hatched siblings, he left the cluster, looking for someone in particular. Carefully picking his way between the Candidates, the Brown came to a stop near where the Sun had just Impressed, his wings slightly spread. There had been a voice, just a little while ago. A message that had been dearly important to the dragonet.

My Nadry, I promised you that you would soar, and I will keep that bond, and you with it, my lady.

He bowed his head, peering up at her with whirling rainbow eyes. No one will tell us what we can't do. No one will ever pull you down again! I promise you, Nadrymine, that you shall never be alone again. You shall never be without an advocate, never without a friend. We shall be heroes, you and I.

The dragonet paused and a gurgle from his rumbling belly interrupted his thoughts. But perhaps we might eat first?

User Image

Meepfur

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 pm
Faren looked over the field with a smile, tipping her glass of quikal back some to sip at the bitter tang of the simple draft. Could this GET more active? She smiled over at her mauling-companion, Amila, and gave a smile. "Glad you're okay. I saw you go down." She said. Her eyes weren't really focused completely, but at least they weren't fading in and out of crossed anymore.

She looked up as the green ran for Uridith's safety and couldn't help a soft croon of her own. The brown that had played everyone's bodyguard for the fight was also on the move, and rainbows were easily spotted. Even with her vision shaking some, she could see the rainbow swirling in the dragonet's face, and she smiled wistfully, feeling almost left out in the whole ordeal. Well, she HAD been included in that little party, so she guessed she couldn't feel completely ignored.

The blue Sun had also walked off with a pairing, now, so that left only the gold and green dragonets out of their shells and looking. She squinted at the eggs to try and see if any were moving, before glancing over at Amila again. "You see any movement in the eggs, still?" she asked, listening for the telltale Crack! of another emergence at the same time.

NovaCracker
I is be talkin' to JOO!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 pm
Perhaps in the same way she had seen herself in the little green that had once taken support so easily from the blue that rolled in front of them...the blue had also seen that need for support in her. Despite how every other Impression had looked from the outside, Ichta had gotten a very specific idea of what it was supposed to be like.

It was supposed to be like a blow to the face, sudden and all at once, right? Yet it wasn't an imposing, or forceful thing that eased it's way into her senses. The voice - his voice - was gentle. Playful, entreating, hopeful and....and everything she wasn't. It was more like standing in a gentle tide than being bowled over by an ocean. Yet it was the ocean that she'd held back that suddenly spilled from her. Beautiful, loving, trusting eyes looked up at her so hopefully, so adoringly, and if it was the love of this blue she was going to drown in, Ichta would inhale it and accept her demise into such a deep, wholesome feeling.

You are wonderful. It was perfect, Aurinkoth. She reached out with both hands, finding the spots she'd found so easily on another blue's head, running along the ridges of rainbow-swirled eyes, leaning down to touch her forehead against his.

It has been a trying day, but...I am here now, mine, and everything is right. Aurinkoth offered simply and easily, and there was no hesitation, no doubt in it. Ichta felt she could believe it so easily.

She pulled back from hers in time to see the brown that had now approached the two of them - or rather, the girl at her side. Ichta found herself beaming with happiness for Nadry - perhaps only spurred on by the blue who made a thrilled honk-y bugle next to her. Then he looked up to Ichta, nudging her gently. He didn't have to say it.

"Let's go with our friends." she looked to Nadry, waiting for the brown and the young woman to finish their connection, for the same feelings to work their way through the young woman, "Let's all go get something to eat together."

Meepfur
Aurinkoth and Ichta are waiting for Nadry and hers!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Ruhane Chiisai
O HAI FELLOW MAULING VICTIM

"I believe three began to twitch." Amila replied, and then smiled to the other girl. She hadn't missed Faren's croon at The Star -- and hoped that perhaps she was the little green's Soon-To-Be-Bonded.

"I hope the little ones will be alright. Just born and that fight... I'm sorry you were hurt."

The girl tucked hair behind her ear, and looked to Faren again, smiling.

"But I'll be those three little ones will find Theirs and make people very happy. Do you think the gold is lucky?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 pm
NovaCracker

Faren hummed, considering the eggs she could make out just on the edge of clarity, but not well enough to see their motion right now. Quikal and Numbroot be blessed. "I think if you and I are the worst of the damage today, it will be nearly a record. At least, among the hatchings I've been to." She chuckled softly. "As far as the gold's luck... Well, I'd rather not believe in luck. Mine wasn't so great early on." The medics would've seen the scar on her arm during its treatment, and with the shoulder of her robe torn, it was visible now, too, an age-sealed gouge that looked small next to the bandaging over the fresh dragonscar. "But the girls in our group seem mostly to have their heads on straight... with perhaps an exception of... me." She chuckled, knowing she'd not been so wise earlier. "I think I upset mommy earlier. Don't know what I was thinking... or if I was, at all."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Well, that's good." Amila smiled. "Maybe we can get lucky about it -- be the only victims. I wasn't too bright myself." Amila sighed, and shook her head.

"But that's not new, I think."  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games