Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:55 pm
As Valac rips out his sword from the purple worm, he literally splits the top of the worm's head in half. It drops Valac and lets out a tremendous howl of pain that could probably be heard all the way to the fort. The worm thrashes and writhes in place for a moment before collapsing to the ground... dead.

END OF FIGHT

A gurgle could be heard from inside the slain beast and out of its cleaved mouth would slide Ruin in a pile of blood and acid.

Irene would dismount her horse and approach him wondering out loud. "Is... is he dead?

Partly digested and crushed, he is not a pretty sight. Ruin still clings to his mortal coil, but obviously needs immediate medical help if that is to remain the case.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm
"Mostly there. Want to give me fifty gold to dissect him or should I get him up." She doesn't actually wait for an answer. She leans in and whispers in Ruin's ear, shoving her hands into his chest as he sprouts to life. "Wake up little one, the water still needs to be delivered."

He will awaken to her holding him down, a softness to her eyes that betrays the strong hands, but once she is sure he is awake she will shake it off and say, "You owe me. Don't let me regret saving your life." With a scoff as she stands, returning to lift her brother again. "Come on, lets leave before we have to tote around another body, two is my max, one if its Revenge."

(Everyone within 3 of Kuori heals 5. Ruin heals 29 extra.)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 am
"Yes, mother." Ruin spoke with a childish cheer as he came out from the dying condition. Slowly realizing his mother was really Kouri and that he had really came close to meeting his masters. His cheer would subside and he would return to normal Ruin. "Sure, just remind me not to go spelunking beyond death's gate, for the 4th time, and I will get right on paying you back."

"Where are we going again? and do they have a bath-house and Laundry?" The digested tiefling would ask as he slowly and painfully stood up.

Opening his waterskin, and after a quick inspection on if the water was still water, he would douse himself with the fluid in an attempt to wash the acid off. It wasn't perfect, but it would have to do until said bath-house and laundry.

Edited
(Spending 1 Healing Surge to bring me to 50/59hp)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm
Valac after finishing the worm off Valac climbed on top to strike a victorious pose. Embedding the point of his massive sword into the hard carapace, he begun calming down with each heavy breath and his muscles deflating slightly like they were holding too much steam.

Addressing Irene, thumping the hilt of his sword pushing it deeper in Valac shouts, "I made sure of that little lady."

Turning to Ilikan he asks, "So are those beholder's you were telling me about tougher than this thing Ilk?!"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 pm
"Let you know if I find out. I'd say this one is deserving of a story, though."

Nodding in approval, the warden closely inspected the worm's teeth and the plates around its head, puzzling out what he'd have opted to take for the battle with an admirable beast. In this case, however, that seemed more Valac's right than his own, and he decided to leave them alone, happy enough to see MOST of the group not much worse for the wear after this- with clear exception of Ruin, whom he subtly avoided standing downwind of until he could wash off that invertebrate vomit.

"That was reckless," he said, stepping up beside the mounted girl, though he gave Irene an approving nod.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:19 pm
((Revenge healed up to 64 hit points))

"Phew," Revenge would say after a couple beats, exhaling and standing down from his stance. "I can't say I've ever fought anything like that before."

He would look up to Valac before his descent, nodding. "Good kill. You honor our ancestors." He would turn to Ruin after that.

"How are you feeling? You look like ogre dung," he would ask, trying to gauge the wellness of his companion, checking his vision for telltale signs of shock and for any festering wounds upon any exposed skin.

((Not rolling a Heal check because I don't know if the DM allows it in this instance.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:13 am
"Until you are something's dinner you will know, until then there is nothing I can compare it to." He spoke simply as he walked to the hole, refusing to cooperate with Revenge's medical evaluation."I just want a strong drink and to forget that happened." Ruin said simply as he pulled out his blanket and wrapped over his shoulders. If anyone wanted to fret over it being chilly to him. His counter argument would be, he was wet and standing in an open field.

Closing his eyes and holding out his hand. "Vi" the hexblade called his servent(Lesser Planar Ally) to his hand. "I want you to see what is at the bottom of this hole... Deal, I will leave out a thimble of Irene's ale for you. It will be by my bed tonight." And with that Vi was off.

Turning back to Revenge and the group. "No one else was hurt, right?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm
Irene would smile at Ilikan. "Well, I felt like I had to do something. I couldn't let one of my new companions get eaten like that."

Irene would jump off her obsidian horse and walk up to the slain monster. She had a look of excitement in her eyes. "So this is a Purple Worm. I'm going to need some more time with the corpse. I want to take some samples and do a few sketches. You can head back to the carriage if you like. I'll catch up momentarily. If any more danger comes this way I'll flee on Nightingale so there is no need to worry."

Irene would spread her parchment out on piece of the worm's shell and begin to sketch. She would look up at Valac posing heroically and shout. "Hey! Mr. Valac! Hold that position for a bit longer and I'll make you a nice drawing of it!"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:19 am
Valac would refine his pose and respond to Irene, "Sure thing, make me look vicious will ya?"

<1 healing surge used gets Valac back up to full.>  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:52 pm
"No, despite Revenge's best attempts, that worm had a particular fondness for you," the warden noted, glancing down after the thing inspecting the hole for them as he relaxed, centering his mind again- and watching the little noblewoman sketch over her shoulder with mild interest.

"I'm supposing the other entrances, even after the battle, you'd advise over scaling our way down this?" He asked the goliath, gesturing to the giant hole, before glancing back at the sketch and musing "Vicious... maybe make his horns look a little longer. Pointy like. Think the ichor takes care of the rest on its own."

[No healing surges spent.]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:11 pm
The paladin would huff as the warlock trying to be stoic about having been eaten only minutes ago. He wouldn't press the issue, but watch disapprovingly.

Deciding to try a different approach to appeal to Ruin, he would walk in the same direction he went, watching as he dropped something into the hole. A weapon?

"Admiring your handiwork? That was an impressive attack, causing that explosion before. Does that spell normally generate a hole this deep?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:40 pm
"Well, that it's something." He would say with a small smile following Illy's response. His plan kept everyone safe, for the most part... Though, he knew he couldn't pull off the Agathy spell for some time. And if Kuori was right, their would be many more in the Underdark. A thought that drained his smile from his lips.

Ruin would turn the paladin. "Hmm? Oh, no. I will admire my works when you and Abby are old and grey. Valac stands on top of a dragon. And Kouri starts rebuilding her clan. I think that would be worth the cost of my soul. Mushy stuff aside, No, I think this is the work of the slug thing. I only pushed it."

Turning back to the hole he would continue. "I only sent Vi to scout the hole. With any luck it was just a random attack."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:36 pm
"With any luck that hole drops into the middle of the enemy encampment and we can fill it with Alchemist Fire and call it a day." Kuori said, still carrying her brother's corpse over her back as she made her way back, not stopping for such things as resting, drawing, or boasting. They had barely started the journey. They could rest at the fort. Some things were more important, none of what was happening back there qualified to the Goliath as being more important than finding out what befell her family and laying her brother to rest.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm
"Looks like Kuori's heading off," Revenge would comment as he noticed the Goliath leaving, not giving the others a chance to rest. "Are you okay to travel?" he'd ask Ruin, still some concern in his voice.

"If you are, we can talk as we walk. Namely, what did you do to make yourself so tempting of a meal for such a massive creature, so I can take steps to avoid a similar fate?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 am
With a sigh, Ruin would answer Revenge's first question. It seemed there would be no rest for the Hellbound soul. With a quick check to make sure he had all his equipment and that someone could protect the kid. Ruin set off to follow the Goliath.

"I made myself the target that it was willing, or forced, to neglate all other targets to kill. It works better with smaller targets..., though, it is my understanding, you use similar tactics, when you challenge someone. The only difference being you rely on your goddess's power to punish those who dishonor that challenge. I rely on my master's power to punish them for honoring it." Ruin would honor the paladin's wish of communication. It gave him something to focus on, besides his smell and the residual pain.

"If I may be so bold. Why did you become a paladin? It seems to me you are asking for it every day you put on that yoke."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games