Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:27 pm
@ Crane/Lion/Unicorn Shenanigans:

Jiro would stand stalwart versus the Crane's intimidation and threats, and not actually back down.

"Funny... I never thought I'd see the day a Crane would be afraid to accept a challenge."

Willpower/Deceit [Intimidate] roll of 17... plus the free raise from voice advantage to make Zanzen strongly consider dueling Jiro first!

Jiro, now fully awake, was quickly composed, as he shot Zanzen a friendly smile.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:33 pm
CraneLionUnicorn Mexican Standoff

"I fear you about as much as you could charm Kuni Raicho-sama. But I issued a challenge to her first, and I will see it dealt with before I deal with you."

He starts off again, ignoring Jiro.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:56 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

As Zanzen would leave, Jiro would stand there, smiling until the Crane was out of sight.

"... damnit. Damnit damnit damnit."

Bringing his hand up to his face, he would rub it slowly downward, before turning and walking to the Lion Tent... but not before stopping to pick up the blanket that he had been inadvertently using, folding it twice over.

"Good morning, Kyumi-san. Thank you for lending me this blanket last night. I didn't know you had realized I was out here. I... can explain..."

Etiquette of 12, plus free raise to try to make him seem less creepy-stalker-ish? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 pm
Crane Shenanigans:

Zanzen would return to the Crane tents, keeping his Angry Face.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:23 pm
@ Crane Tent:

As Zanzen entered his Clan's tent, his angry face would be met with one of equal displeasure. And someone with equally mismatched eyes, but for a completely different reason.

"Ah, Zanzen-san. You're just in time," Koan said to him, smiling weakly as he lay in bed. "The exquisite Sayoko-san has just come to offer to be my second today."

I'll just let that sink in for a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 pm
@Crane Tent:

"An interesting choice. Good luck then." He bowed his head slightly and turned, heading for Crane Copse till the duels would start.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:26 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

While it was still obvious that Kyumi was still angry, the woman would try to look a bit more friendly for the Unicorn. "Thank you for standing up for me..."She'd bow her head in thanks.

When she heard Jiro thank her for the blanket, she'd look a little surprised. "That isn't one of mine... I didn't even know you were out here until just now." Kyumi would glance over to Omi, to see if the attendant had anything to add.

"Perhaps it is Kan-sama's? His blanket was missing from his bed and he was gone even before I woke." The attendant would simply reply, though not before eying Jiro critically and then looking back to her mistress."And... Perhaps you should also continue this conversation inside? You were rather loud, and I would not be surprised if now every lord and lady here knows about your business."

Kyumi would color with embarrassment before quickly scuffling into the tent and holding the flap open. "Yes, well... Jiro-san, do you want to come in?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

"The... monk's?" Jiro would repeat, thinking to himself for a few moments, reflecting upon certain information.

"Well... no, I shouldn't. I appreciate the offer of hospitality, but I really should go get cleaned up. We missed the Artisan competition last night, Kyumi-san, but we really shouldn't miss the iaijutsu competition. None of my clanmates will be dueling, but yours is, and you should be there to cheer him on. We can... discuss both our duels at length when we get there."

Assuming Kyumi wasn't insistant on the matter, he would leave it at that, for now.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 am
@ The Iaijutsu Duels:

It's that time, folks! Midday reared its ugly head, and the same outside location that was used for the Martial Duels on day 1 was starting to flood with samurai. Many of the Daidoji guards were given leave of their duty to observe the final event, so it was extra packed. Though, unless any PCs were intentionally avoiding watching the competition (and you were expected to attend), only one person was missing: Doji Koan. Though, those who realized this and were that curious would probably ask Kakita Zanzen about it.

Doji Koan was still injured, having trouble walking, and probably didn't want to appear in such a public venue due to his pride. Plus, the magistrates might have preferred him to stay away as well to avoid drama, since he wasn't actively competing.

Soon, Seppun Benjiro and Kuni Raicho would appear, after everyone else had. Moving through the crowd to the surrounding area, the former would greet everyone.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to the Iaijutsu Duels, and if you are competing, you should feel very proud for being part of this. Raicho-san and I will be overseeing the event, so let me explain the rules."

"This is an Iaijutsu duel to first blood. We are doing a standard single elimination procedure, and due to the nature of first blood matches, there will be no wait time or delay between matches, since the victor will not need time to recover or treat wounds. Furthermore, all armor will be removed prior to starting this competition. This is a measure of skill, grace, and focus; not of endurance."

Raicho would speak up now, to continue. Lifting her arms, she would be holding a closed off dark box, with a hole in it. "As soon as you kids stop cowering and are ready to face this grueling challenge, come forth and draw lots. This will determine, by the will of the kami, what order you will be cutting off pieces of each other's flesh."

Everyone, give me Raw Void Rolls!

--------------------

Mechanical Rules:

Iaijutsu duels will be run exactly like out of the book, pages 179-180. But here is a summary of the order of events.

Assessment Phase

After taking up position 5' from one another, each samurai rolls Awareness/Iaijutsu (Assessment) vs TN 5 to learn 1 fact about your opponent. For each raise you successfully make, you learn 1 additional fact. Failure means you learn nothing at all. You can learn:
  • Your opponent's Iaijutsu rank (or other skill rank if another was used for assessment)
  • Your opponent's Awarenses
  • Your opponent's Reflexes
  • Your opponent's Agility
  • Your opponent's Void
  • Your opponent's Insight Rank
  • Your opponent's number of remaining Void Points
  • Your opponent's current Wound Level.
  • You can hide 1 fact your opponent learns per Raise instead.

Upon your results, this would be your last chance to back out of a duel; there is no loss of face for defeat while dueling as part of a tournament.

If both samurai continue, you must pick either Agility, Reflexes, or Void as the trait your OPPONENT will use during the Focus Phase.

Focus Phase

Each samurai begins focusing until one of them must Call Strike. The person who rolled highest on the Assessment Roll decides who focuses first, but there IS a point of honor in it for you for letting the opponent focus first.

You will roll Choice/Iaijutsu (Focus) vs TN 5 (the current TN of the opponent to be hit). The only way your TN to be Hit will be higher is if you have some sort of feature that adds to your TN to be hit in iaijutsu duels; if it does not specifically say so, it does NOT get added. The defense skill bonus to defense is not added.

You may Focus a number of times as the trait that was chosen for you, plus any ability that grants you additional focus attempts in a duel. If you succeed on a Focus roll, both participant's TNs to be hit increases by 5, and your opponent then focuses. You may spend a Void Point for an additional Focus attempt. You may 'spend' one of your Focus attempts for +5 to your current Focus roll, prior to the roll itself (as well spend Void for either +5 or +1k1 as normal; note, you may only spend one Void Point per roll, so you cannot spend a void for an additional focus attempt AND to enhance it).

As soon as a player fails to hit the Focus TNtbH, or empties his Focus pool, he Calls Strike.

Strike Phase

As soon as one player Calls Strike, his opponent must make a Reflexes/Iaijutsu (Strike) vs. his opponents Focus TN to be Hit. The attacker gains a Free Raise for each time they focused. The only combat maneuvers you can use with raises are Increased Damage and Called Shots (free raises can still be spent for +5). If they hit, roll for damage as normal, and the duel is won. Minimum damage is expected.

If the opponent lives through the attack, they may attack back vs your Focus TN to be Hit, like normal. In duels to first blood, such as this one, this is seen as extremely dishonorable. After each samurai has attacked, each one that hit their opponent may then spend as many void points as desired for +1k1 additional damage, which may result in a Kharmic Strike (dual loss, usually of life).

If the samurai who struck first MISSES, the opponent may strike back (and wins if he hits, as per First Blood rules). If both miss, then it becomes a regular skirmish and Kenjutsu rolls are used instead. TNs to be Hit go back to normal, and they continue until the victory condition is met (first blood).  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:32 am
((IC coming later.))

[2k2 Void: 10]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 7, 8 Total: 27 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 am
@The Iaijutsu Competition

The Scorpion bushi's hands were trembling as he moved up to draw his lot. It took all of his focus to get them still enough to find his selection. Bayushi-kami, by your will! Kojiro managed to reach and side and withdraw his choice.

OOC:
Raw Void w/2 to handle explosions
Results: 12  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:32 am
@ Iaijutsu tournament:

Kagae sighed and shook his head with more calm than others were showing knowing his fate. Reaching into the dark void known as the name box and pulled something out.

(Probably the first time I rolled the void on the right post. 2k2 Result: 12)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:27 pm
@Iaijutsu Duels

Zanzen stood off to one side, watching the people who were getting their numbers. Who would face who?  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 4 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:22 am
2k2 Raw Void Roll;  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:42 pm
IAIJUTSU DUEL SIGN-UPS
Kaiu Kagae {12}
Mirumoto Sozen {16}
Matsu Seichiro {13}
Yoritomo Susumu {10}
Isawa Sosuke {10}
Bayushi Kojiro {12}
Horiuchi Sayoko {7}
Ujina Denbe {10}

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games