Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:01 pm
Daniel gave Jessi a long look. She was concerned. No doubt thanks to her exposure to other exceptional individuals. Reaching into a back pocket, Daniel carefully produced a roughly square shaped piece of jagged metal. Holding the shard up, Daniel held it so that Jessi could see it clearly.

"This little chunk of metal pretty much set me down my current path. It's what revealed my first secret to another person, and showed me that not everyone would shun me for being outlandishly different."

Daniel lowered the sharpest point of the shard to his left forearm near his elbow.

"Uh, don't panic. Just watch."

With a quick strong jerk, Daniel dragged the point up to his wrist and off of his arm. The slice immediately began bleeding, running down his arm.

"Wait for it."

Just as the blood had begun pooling enough to begin falling off, it slowed, and then stopped. It then suddenly reversed its course, flowing slowly but steadily back into the wound. Once the blood finshed returning, the cut also reversed its path across his forearm. Daniel kept it up for Jessi to see.

"I barely feel it. And the best explanation I can figure is that I'm set, or maybe locked is a better word, in a moment. Of, uh...time."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:13 pm
-Looks at watch, rolls her eyes, and goes to sit in AS lobby-  

BonnieWeeLassie

Alfonso Giovanni

Dapper Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:14 pm
*nods her head in thanks* My thanks. *sips tea*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:14 pm
*Her eyes speak volumes* Mmm *she muses* I'm sure your manager does regulalry pull out his hair. *smirks* You seem quite devious.

*she smirks again and holds his gaze* I'm sure it won't be. *things transpire in their eyelock before Colour breaks it to look in the fire and sip her drink. She gives a brief wave* Stay warm out there, dear.

ColourMine

Decorera

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 pm
Dec gives a jaunty wave and heads out. He picks up Bonnie in the next room over and they head for home.

((Night All! Thanks for Rping ColourMine and theinfinite!))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 pm
((Np. biggrin ))

*sits and enjoys the fire for a while, finishing her drink. Colour eventually persuades Fe to come sit down as well. They chat for a bit, Colour doing most of the talking, before gathering up their belongings, and taking their leave. Colour gives a brief wave to the girl behind the counter*  

ColourMine

Alfonso Giovanni

Dapper Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:47 pm
(( wink ))

*follows behind the mistress*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:55 am
FireSpark
Daniel gave Jessi a long look. She was concerned. No doubt thanks to her exposure to other exceptional individuals. Reaching into a back pocket, Daniel carefully produced a roughly square shaped piece of jagged metal. Holding the shard up, Daniel held it so that Jessi could see it clearly.

"This little chunk of metal pretty much set me down my current path. It's what revealed my first secret to another person, and showed me that not everyone would shun me for being outlandishly different."

Daniel lowered the sharpest point of the shard to his left forearm near his elbow.

"Uh, don't panic. Just watch."

With a quick strong jerk, Daniel dragged the point up to his wrist and off of his arm. The slice immediately began bleeding, running down his arm.

"Wait for it."

Just as the blood had begun pooling enough to begin falling off, it slowed, and then stopped. It then suddenly reversed its course, flowing slowly but steadily back into the wound. Once the blood finshed returning, the cut also reversed its path across his forearm. Daniel kept it up for Jessi to see.

"I barely feel it. And the best explanation I can figure is that I'm set, or maybe locked is a better word, in a moment. Of, uh...time."

Despite his plea, Jessi did not remain calm. At first, when she had seen the shard pointed at his arm, her heart had begun to beat a little faster. She told herself, though, that he wasn't going to injure himself, especially not in front of her. She kept telling herself that.

But when he did indeed plunge the metal into his arm, she cried out and jumped from her chair. She started to take off the cloth wraps around her wrists so that she could wrap his arm with them. However, before she even got them completely off, she saw an incredible, unbelievable thing happen.

The blood suddenly stopping flowing. If that wasn't enough, though, after a few brief moments, the blood began to flow back into the wound itself! Daniel was miraculously healing himself at an astounding speed!

She looked up at Daniel, her mouth agape and her face pale from the earlier scare. "How... How are you... Daniel, you just healed yourself!"

Jessi was still standing next to her chair, not moving.  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 pm
Daniel set the metal shard on the desk, and then raised his hands up to Jessi's arms. Slowly he guided her back down to her seat.

"S'okay. I'm fine. See?"

At her astoundment at his healing, a look of doubt comes over Daniel's face. Once he is certain that she has clamed down enough to assimilate what she's already seen, he continues.

"I'm not so sure it's healing. Though that is what I've heard it described as before. But like I said, not so sure. The way I understand it, if I was healing, the wound would start healing from the point of the wound's origin. Not from the last damage done. And the bleeding. The blood that flows back. That confused me until I thought of it in a new context. That being that the damage isn't healing, it's undoing."

Daniel paused, looking at Jessi expectantly, hoping that she was understanding. Despite trying to keep thigns close and guarded, no that he was revealing them, he found that he wanted to spill everything. He wanted to be understood. Accepted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 am
{{Signing into other account to respond.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 am
Jessi was surprised, once again, when Daniel placed his hands on her arms without any reservation or nervousness and guided her back down into her chair. He had never touched her, or anyone else that she had seen, on his own before.

When he began to speak again, she focused back on what he was saying and on trying to understand what was occurring.

When Daniel was finished speaking, she waited a few moments and then spoke cautiously. She thought she had an idea of what was going on, on what Daniel was saying, but she could be just as wrong as she might be right.

"So... you think either you or that metal shard controls time? Maybe, time was reversed back to before you were injured... But if that's the case, why was it only your injury that was reversed? Why not time in its entirety. Why aren't we all back to before you were hurt, forgetting all that has happened just now, and basically repeating the same moments over and over again?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 am
Daniel sighed softly. He was always forgetting the fact that not everyone had the same knowledge base as he did, or the ability to retain it. Carefully stuffing the piece metal back in a pocket on his shirt, Daniel tried to better explain what he meant.

"Okay, forget the metal piece. It has no real special properties. Though it's origins are interesting of a sorts. What happened was solely me, that much I know. The best way I can explain it, is that I possess a static state. Any deviation from that static state, say an injury, is quickly reset. For lack of a better term."

Daniel paused to consider his next course of action. He wanted Jessi to understand, if for no other reason than he was coming close to having someone understand everything about him. That he knew so far at any rate. Then something came to him.

"Okay. I have an idea. But it'll take a some time to set up. For me to research a few things. Trying to describe what I am is difficult, especially since I don't know a hundred percent myself. What I can do, is a little easier to demonstrate, like what you just saw. But perhaps an increase in scale may help. Can give me a few days?"

(( Hopefully, we'll be back in the present soon. sweatdrop ))  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Razzdango

Ruthless Grabber

10,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am
Oh man this tunnel is taking way to long.... I think I may have got lost some where along the way.....

*Going over his map. He back tracks just a little and tries to figure out where he is.*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:01 pm
Jessi nodded. "Alright. So the metal pole thing has nothing to do with your powers... That makes sense. Anyone that I've seen who has powers or something special about them doesn't have something that makes them that way. It's all inside."

She sighed softly. "But, if you get injured, only your injury is reset, not the rest of you before the injury. Like, your memories aren't reset to before your injury and you don't age backward the few seconds you're healing? Just your wound is reset? Huh..."

When Daniel mentioned wanting to set something up to better explain things to her and have it on a larger scale than this had been, her eyes widened slightly and she began to get nervous once again.

"A larger scale? Daniel... Of course I'm here for you and I'd be happy to learn more about you, especially if that will help you in the long run. But... I'm worried! This was bad enough. If you do this on a larger scale, what's going to happen? Are you going to throw yourself in front of a car? What if you don't heal?!"  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm
Daniel manages a faint smile at Jessi, hoping to calm her best he can.

"No, nothing like that. Besides, it's the same result no matter the scale. Whether I fall off a building or get hit by an anti-personnel rocket. Both of which mind, do actually hurt somewhat."

Daniel stood and put his glasses back on with a bigger grin than before.

"No, I simply need time to look into a few things. I think though thtat it will help you see to the core of my concerns. As well to see me for what I am."

Daniel made as if to go, but stopped suddenly.

"One quick question though. If you could take a trip to anywhere on the planet, where would you go?"  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games