Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:57 pm
@ Iaijutsu Duel:

Sozen would tighten his grip on his blades, waiting, eagerly waiting for that just perfect moment to strike. He knew it had not arrived yet, and held out a little bit longer, inching ever closer...

Sozen's Agility/Kenjutsu roll vs TN 30 = 32

Seichiro, you must either spend a void to try focusing again, or Call Strike and allow Sozen the opening to attack you!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 pm
Seichiro pushed the blade slightly out of it's scabbard with his thumb, getting ready to strike!

Call Strike.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 am
@ Iaijutsu Duel:

Strike!

Sozen would pick up on the faintest click the katana gave off, and instantly drew both blades! In a wide arc, he would do a simultaneous slash to try to wound Seichiro!

Sozen's 5k4 Reflexes/Kenjutsu roll with 3 free raises for accuracy vs TN 35: 7, 6, 4, 1, 1 = 18+15 = 33. I friggin' hate you, Sozen.

Sozen's swords manage to cut into Seichiro's kimono, but not actually draw any blood! Seichiro, you may counter with a Reflexes/Iaijutsu (Strike) roll vs TN 35 with 3 free raises. One Eye penalty applies!  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 1, 6, 4 Total: 16 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:42 am
Seichiro drew his blade, attempting to cut flesh with steel! Unfortunately, he fails to do so... blame his lack of an eye, or something.

5k3 Agility/Kenjutsu +15 from free raises= 28. Shitty rolls.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 pm
@ Iaijutsu Duel:

As Seichiro swings with his own blade in a sharp drawing arc, Sozen would be in the process of turning his upper body with the momentum of his own strike. As such, the Lion's strike would go wide, missing Sozen by several inches.

As such, this ends the duel and it becomes a skirmish instead. Sozen goes on 19. Seichiro, roll initiative, and if you beat him, you have initiative! Regular Agility/Kenjutsu (Katana) roll to hit!  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 6, 3, 1 Total: 24 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:16 am
Initiative=20  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 1, 2, 3, 1 Total: 26 (6-60)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 am
Seichiro held his katana with both hands now, turned around, and quickly swung his blade at the Dragon samurai!

Kenjutsu roll: 31  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 am
@Iaijutsu shenanigans:

Kagae could barely restrain himself from laughing as the two bushi swung and missed like a comedy show. Turning to his fellow crab he said, "Now they kindly remind each other why they wear armour to fights... Hah!"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:23 am
BOOM, HERE COMES THE BOOM!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:59 am
@ Iaijutsu Duel, Round 1:

As Seichiro would move to follow through with a second strike, Sozen went Full Defensive before the swing even happened! He would cross both his katana and wakizashi in front of him, blocking the swing, and deflecting it away easily!

(Full) Defense roll if 45, before other bonuses

Shifting his position of catching Seichiro off guard, he would go to the Attack Stance, and with a kiai shout, managed to bring down his katana upon Seichiro's chest!

Agility/Kenjutsu (Katana) roll of 47 vs TN 21; damage roll of 4

Panting, Sozen would wait a few moments with his sword down, as if his mind was trying to process that he had won even though his body had already known.

"Match!" Raicho would call out, finally stepping forward. "The winner of the duel to first blood is Mirumoto Sozen!" She would pause, looking back and forth between the two.

"I must confess, I've never figured out why you bushi like cutting yourselves to ribbons like barbarians; but that was one of the most impressive duels I've seen." Turning her back to them, she would let out a snort. "Don't... don't let that go to your heads, boys, or I'll have to knock them around." And with that, she would walk out of the dueling area.

WINNER: Mirumoto Sozen

Flicking the blood from his blade, Sozen would bow deeply to Matsu Seichiro. "I did not think I would win; you were that challenging of an opponent. Thank you for this opportunity to test my abilities against one of the best."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:11 am
@ Iaijutsu Duels:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seppun Benjiro would step forward now, nodding his head. "An impressive first round... for the most part. All of you who have advanced, excellent work. Your training has taught you well. We only have four samurai remaining, so let us continue. Horiuchi Sayoko, Ujina Denbe, please step forward."

Sayoko would make her way back into the dueling area, creepily smiling at Denbe as he would do the same.

--------------------

@ Mantis Shenanigans:

"Hisa-san! Sorry I couldn't seal the deal. That Hare is a real piece of work," Susumu, bandaged up, was telling Hisashi, patting him on the back. Soon, however, Gemmei would begin making her way back to the Mantises.

"Hisashi-san, I..." she stopped, looking at Susumu.

"Well, hello there!" Susumu smiled broadly, eyeing the Unicorn woman, who seemed uncomfortable (whether about him or something else, that's a different story).

"Hisashi-san, a word? In private?"

Hisashi, is anything she has to say, suitable for Susumu's ears?

--------------------

@ Crane Shenanigans:

As Zanzen had finally reached the Crane tent, the sounds of the applauds and cheers of the Iaijutsu Duels distant, he would pass by a single Daidoji guard, who was patrolling the area. There was significantly less guards now than there was before, since most of them were watching the duels.

"Shouldn't you be at the duels, Kakita-san? Even to watch?" the young Daidoji man would ask him.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:55 am
Seichiro bowed to Morimoto Sozen, and nodded his head. "Likewise. Thank you for the opportunity." With that, he retreated his katana to it's scabbard, and stepped off.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 5, 7, 7, 5 Total: 31 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 am
Stepping into the ring once more, Denbe would try and force himself to stave off his lingering thoughts and push all distractions asi-

...well. That had to be the creepiest smile he'd ever seen on a living body.

Suddenly much clearer of the mind, if mildly spooked, Denbe stepped up nearly to dueling range, and bowed. "You do me an honor today, Sayoko-san." And then slid that last handful of inches into the proper range by dropping to take up a dueling stance once he'd offered the pleasantry- perhaps because between her history and that look, he was half afraid that if he didn't get himself ready right away she'd just come in swinging sooner rather than later.

Taking the hilt in one hand, and scabbard in the other, the Hare tried to quietly gauge her focus an readiness. He could have seen if she'd simply be slow enough to exploit, but horseriding was what the Unicorns did, wasn't it? Chances were, his advantage in speed wasn't so great as he'd have liked.

[1 Raise to learn Void, 1 Raise to reduce 1 item learned by Sayoko]
[5k3 Awareness/Iaijutsu(Assessment): 21 vs TN 15 to learn Reflexes and Void]

Sutiiven rolled 9 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 7, 3, 7, 2, 6, 4, 6 Total: 44 (9-90)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 am
Rain Yupa
@ Iaijutsu Duels:
--------------------

@ Mantis Shenanigans:

"Hisa-san! Sorry I couldn't seal the deal. That Hare is a real piece of work," Susumu, bandaged up, was telling Hisashi, patting him on the back. Soon, however, Gemmei would begin making her way back to the Mantises.

"Hisashi-san, I..." she stopped, looking at Susumu.

"Well, hello there!" Susumu smiled broadly, eyeing the Unicorn woman, who seemed uncomfortable (whether about him or something else, that's a different story).

"Hisashi-san, a word? In private?"

Hisashi, is anything she has to say, suitable for Susumu's ears?

--------------------

Hisashi would raise an eye as he got pinned between a brethren and an associate. Unfortunately the associate was bearing more pressing matters at the time, and so the courtier would have to act quickly.

"Ah, yes. Quite the shame. But you were valiant enough, and as a fellow Mantis I am pleased with your effort, especially for your first duel. I for one, am proud of you." And to be honest, he was - let it be known that for how hard of a time the Courtier gave the Bushi, he had a level of respect for Susumu. But time was short and he had to keep moving.

"Susumu, this is Shinjo Gemmei, an Iuchi Shugenja. We were just discussing recent matters involving the... incident that occurred not long ago. We're both still a little shocked. However, with Benjiro-sama sorting things out, I think the problem has been handled to the point we can focus on the dueling without interruption."

He would clear his throat and follow up the previous introduction. "It has been quite a day, however... so perhaps we should all get together later and relax to ease the stress? Raise a glass to your effort and to the winner of the tournament? If nothing else, I think Kojiro-San is in need of a drink. Perhaps you would be willing to oblige him with some of your store? You're far more capable of making a man feel warm with a good drink than I ever have been..."

(Courtier [Manipulation] 6k3 vs Susumu)
(Last 3 dice attached in case of explosions)
(Final Score: 19)  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:11 pm
@ Iaijutsu Duel:

Assessment

Sayoko would take up stance opposite Denbe, trying to read him, especially as he tried to hide aspects of himself from her. She would be interested in learning only one aspect from him, for the time being:

Sayoko raises once, 17 vs TN 10. Sayoko chooses to learn Denbe's Void.

She chooses for Denbe to focus with his Void.

Focus

Denbe, you have first focus rights!

--------------------

Mantis Shenanigans:

Susumu would look from Gemmei, back to Hisashi, back to Gemmei again. And he would consider Hisashi's words.

Awareness/Etiquette (Conversation) vs TN 19 to resist manipulation: 10.
Willpower roll vs TN 25 to avoid his compulsion: 29.

The gears would turn in his head, before smiling. "Aye, aye, I see how it is. I'll just leave you with your lady friend..." Susumu would say, grinning. He would elbow Hisashi in the side playfully, adding in "Hisa-kuuuuuun!" Laughing, he would meander off. Not to see Kojiro, just to give Hisashi privacy.

Gemmei would watch Susumu leave, unamused by the antics, before finally following up with her investigation with Hisashi. "Well, I did manage to pull Sayoko aside and speak with her. She would not tell me anything useful, except..."

She would look nervous about continuing, giving a sideways glance to the duel that was just starting.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games