Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:49 pm
User Image
                                                  You try to read me
                                                  You try to figure out
                                                  You try to breathe me
                                                  But you can't blow me out
                                                  You try to feel me
                                                  But I'm so out of touch
                                                  I won't be falling
                                                  You won't have to pick me up

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪꜰᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇꜰᴇᴄᴛ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Karen took a seat and sighed, propping her chin in her hand and watching the sorting. She had already pinned her prefect pin onto her robes and was certain that she was likely to have to break up arguments at some point. but she really hoped not. After all, she was hoping for a little quiet time before she had to lead first years to their dorm. Though, she had to admit, there hadn't been really anything like arguments breaking out in a while, so who knew? Maybe people had finally decided to grow up? Either way, she watched the sorting quietly and waited for people to take a seat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here's hoping that I don't have too many problems.
                                                  OOC: Open for interaction!

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Think that I might back down but I won't
                                                  Think that I might have doubts but I don't
                                                  No insecurities, won't you just let me, let me be?
                                                  Think that you know me now but you don't
                                                  Think that I can't stand on my own
                                                  It ain't my philosophy,
                                                  Won't you just let me, let me be?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ARIANELL BLODWEN _________
Slytherin, Sixth Year _____._____
════════════════════════
________

Arianell was deep in thought, feathered quill pressed against her lips. So far, it had been a quiet first day. Hardly any fights on the train, no jilted loves, or spurned best friend as far as her eye can see. Nothing she could write about without putting a target on her back. Honestly, it was ridiculous how much she had to censor herself to maintain relations with the muggle side of this school. Ludicrous. If she were leader of the newspaper club, she would add a hidden section to the paper, pureblood's only and fortified with a secret password. Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. Maybe, just maybe...

"Hufflepuff?!" Ari blurted out, head cocked and eyes narrow. Seated on the stool was her baby brother, a glint of gold blinking onto the trim of his robes. She scoffed. So predictable. She had always known there was nothing special behind that dull look in his eyes. Mother and father said he was simply 'unchallenged'; more like mentally challenged. But he got to be the heir? It wasn't fair. If he were out of the way, everything would be hers. If only.

As soon as the thought crossed her mind, she frowned. That was a nasty thing to think. No matter how true (or easy.) A pang of guilt bubbled in her belly. Never mind that, she needed hard-hitting gossip and news to write about in the paper. Something juicy.

══════════════════════
WHEN:: Fall 2043
【WHERE:: Slytherin Table
【WITH WHO:: housemates

══════════════════════

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:24 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera left her friends when they arrived in the hall. They had talked with Vinny the way there, but she still barely knew him. He was probably her closet Slytherin friend, but her Ravenclaws were her best friends. If that be because they accepted her, or because they did helped with her work. She looked up and waved at them from where they sat. She watched the sorting, and hoped that a good crop came into Slytherin this year. They needed some young blood in their house, some nice ambitious children to push the rest of them along. More importantly, she needed someone new to poke with things. Oh no. I didn't bring new poking material for Jonah this year. Vespera thought to herself, worry across her face.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Great Hall 2043
With Whom: Slytherins
Thinking about: My Ravenclaw Slaves Friends
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: Green dress with laced sleeves with school robes over top.
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:03 am
User Image User Image
Enid Lambert née Brewster
Half-Blood Slytherin Fifth Year Adopted

Location : Great Hall ~ Slytherin Table (2043)

Enid had spent all summer grounded after her little stint of skipping class. She’d been given tons of Potions homework over the summer by her mother to ensure she was caught up. As is, she was lucky she managed to pass potions last year to begin with. Course it was a narrow escape from having to repeat a fourth year class in the dungeons.

Being back at school was like a breath of fresh air. Enid never expected her mother to be that tough on her. Then again, her mother had never expected her to cut class because her professor was a vampire. Not to mention a vampire she actually knew and happened to be distantly related too.

Seeing Karen adorning her prefects pin, Enid went over and joined her. “Congratulations on making prefect.” She congratulated with a small smile. Her mum had said if she hadn’t pulled what she did last year she might have gotten it, not that she cared. “Looks like we have a few new first years. I pray you aren’t given a hard time to start the year off.” When weren’t Slytherins a problem?

Company : Slytherins... Karen

OOC : - - -

Diamond Wales

Hm... a sharp, analytical mind
                                                Healthy skepticism and a penchant for telling tall tales?
                                                You're a curious one, but what to do with you?
                                                I think you'll do quite well in
                                                Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:39 pm
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || Slytherin || muggleborn

Moron dosha, August cursed mentally as soon as the Hat spoke "however". He didn't even have a chance to argue as the Hat announced its decision and he was sent towards one of the tables. The Hat didn't even have the decency to put him with Knapp and Spektor in Gryffindor. The worst part of this, of course, was that August had read enough to know that this was simply the sorting process at Hogwarts and that whatever clever reason the Sorting Hat had for putting him in not-Ravenclaw, the decision was final.

He caught Spektor's wave across the hall and raised his arm in a half wave. Then the silly faces--what even? If she'd been closer he'd have told her "No, stop", but across the distance he only narrowed his eyes a little, the corners of his mouth turning up in amusement when he realized she was emoting his thoughts exactly.

Enough. As established, the decision was final, and he had a goal, that was not "get mad at an old hat".

"Salazar," he greeted his cousin's second year friends with a cordial nod as he slipped into an empty spot across from her and the tall boy from the train. "Good to see you both again. Forgive me, did I hear right earlier that you go by 'Vinny?'"

”Kungfudemoness”

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera looked at the boy who had sat across from her. He was Sona's younger brother, and Vespera wondered if he had the smarts as his sister did. If he did, he would be a valuable resource to her, it was easier to get ahold of a boy in her same house. She didn't necessarily want to talk to him, but he'd have to do."You're August right? Sona's kid brother? You may as well start calling me Vespera or something, we're going to be getting awfully close to each other over the next 6 years." She smiled at him, trying to be kind. She noted the Gryffindor redhead waved at him and he seemed reluctant to wave back. Maybe he wasn't like his sister, he didn't necessarily seem as friendly as Sona was. Then again, Vespera had more or less thrown herself at Sonora and not really properly introduced herself with Sonora. "Welcome to the Snake den August."

Thinking about: My Ravenclaw Slaves Friends...and one has a brother

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:37 am
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny was glad he wasn't doing boats again. He didnt want a repeat of last year. He squeezed into the carriages with his friends, noting that as he got older the carriages were going to get more cramped for him. Once to the great hall him, Aeryn, and Vesprea all went to the Slytherin table while the other hit the Ravenclaw table. He watched the sorting to see where everyone went.. He of course clapped when a new housemate was anounced. He recognised first year that seemed related to Sonora get sorted Slytherin. The kid seemed shook up a bit. Did he want a perticular house? "Yup, thats my name. It so weird watching the sorting conidering I was up there last year." Vinny said casully.

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:25 pm

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

"Cousin, actually," August corrected vaguely, but didn't really mind. "Thank you for your welcome, Vespera, Vinny."

This was good. He definitely needed to make friends in his own house, and all the better if they were Sonora's friends as well. He remembered Salazar--uhm, Vespera. Sonora had said she was a very clever and creative student, constantly coming up with different ways to use spells. Excellent. He could turn to her for questions. Vinny...whatever his last name was. Vinny Tallguy for now. Vinny he knew less about; thus, he was quite pleased when the other boy brought up something for conversation.

"That's true, you were both first years just a year ago," August replied, doing his best to be or at least seem merely conversational and turning towards the ongoing Sorting to catch names. This would be good opportunity to ask about navigating life at Hogwarts and any rules or systems he ought to be aware of. But start conversational; this wasn't an interrogation, he was simply feeling out his beats. "Did you expect being sorted into Slytherin?"

”Kungfudemoness”

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:41 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera shrugged, "I had hoped to be in any hosue except for Gryffindor honestly. They're a bunch of muggle lvoers, I refused to be in that house." She frowned, realizing what she had said, and remembering her conversations with Jonah. "When I was put into Slytherin, I was happy. Historically it's the most pure house. I mean, taht's wrong obviously, but before I had learned anything that was correct?" She kind of half asked half told August. "In the end, it didn't really matter. Sure, they Slytherin house has helped bring out some stronger traits, but I befriended Jonah and SOnora, and I honestly think I could have been just as well off in any of the houses. The hat knows what's best, and you're going to thrive here August, in ways you wouldn't have expected." She smiled, and poked him with her fork, half surprised he had gotten this far along without being poked, one of her favorite hobbies, "But Slytherin is still the best house, and don't forget that."

Thinking about: My Ravenclaw Slaves Friends...and one has a brother

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 pm
User Image

Vinny smirked "My grandma would have wanted Hufflepuff like her or Gryffindor like my mom had been but there was no real pressure to be any house. Though me and a great uncle are the only Slytherins in my family." he replied. He didn't mind Vespera being adverse to Gryffindor. He didn't love or hate really any of the houses. "I think you'll be good here. The common room is cool too. We get to see the giant squid in the mornings!" he wanted august to settle in well.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

Muggle lovers? Purity? Then August remembered a few passing mentions of purebloods and muggleborns and blood purity prejudices that had afflicted the wizarding world. If this was a thing in his new house he'd have to read up more carefully on it. "Could you elaborate on this blood purity thing?" If he was being snarky, August certainly didn't feel very pure. He was working on a short story about ghosts committing murders for crying out loud. But "Of course. The Hat is a..clever piece of headwear." he added, looking back at the infuriating hat as though it could hear him from here. He brushed aside their concerns that he wouldn't thrive or be good with Slytherin-- As if the decisions of that troll-cloth could stop him from being successful.

August flinched a little when Salaz--Vespera poked him. He raised an eyebrow by way of expressing confusion but otherwise elected to ignored the poke. Had Sonora mentioned what this poking was?

"That's friendly of the squid, saying hello in the morning" August replied when Vinny brought up the common room."That's right, Slytherin common room overlooks the lake, doesn't it?" That was going to be pleasant. He could watch sunsets outside the common room window and reflect on how only an inch of glass stood between him and a watery grave. Well, at least the aesthetic would be fantastic-- green and silver did make an excellent color palette. "Is it just the common rooms? Or do the dorm rooms also overlook the lake as well?"

//OOC: I'm a little fuzzy on what he actually would have known coming in as a muggleborn, between reading and access to other wizards and just assumed that the details of blood purity wouldn't have really come up?
”Stefan Lee Salvatore”

”Kungfudemoness”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:16 pm
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera frowned, she was not ready to talk about blood purity. She didn't want to give August a bad answer, "Go find a history book. Just, don't ask Jonah at three in the morning, but he has a strong opinion of that. You know Jonah right? the boy that Sonora is with all the time." She thought about the common room and smiled, it always looked cool down there and sometimes the random creatures would swim close to the glass. She was always surprised that the ceiling didn't burst inwards from the pressure. "Have you ever seen a mermaid down there Vinny?" Rhea wanted to see mermaids, and become one if she could, and being able to tell her that the Slytherins could see them from their common room would amaze her.

Thinking about: My Ravenclaw Slaves Friends and mermaids

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 pm
User Image

"Best is to read book about it but look for non biased books theres plenty of books that take a not so good take on it." Vinny replied. With him technically only being half human put him in a weird place with the whole blood purity debate. His non giant heritage was pure blood but nothing was considered special about it. The conversation moved back to the common room. Though not literally. "Not quite. In the lake is most accurate. Though I seen the mermaids more if I go to the common room around lunch time"

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:01 am

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

Read up on history of blood purity. August made a quick note on a notepad in the pocket of his robes and nodded. Part of him was almost relieved at this first assignment. The to-do would serve as a direction for further learning.

"Yes, we met," he said, then paused a little. Sonora did mention Lane a lot, but.."You said she's with him all the time?"

But whatever the answer to that was, August wasn't going to push it tonight. He refocused on the discussion of the common room--and the revelation that his new home was going to be under the waves. Well. "Find the library and pitch a tent" suddenly jumped to the top of his to-do list.

"What else lives in the lake? Does anything show up in the evenings or late at night?"

”Kungfudemoness”

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly, noting where people went. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. However, before we begin the feast and forget what needs to be stated, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and under no circumstances should you enter the Forbidden Forest unless you wish to shorten your lifespan by a number of years. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games