Submit

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 pm
Lina frowned. Poison hemlock was bad stuff to deal with.

"Shards," muttered. "Who could have given him something like that? You've begun some sort of treatment, I assume?"

She glanced at M'gor, saw that he was already engaged in something, and began walking towards the entrance of the lower caverns, motioning for Minoa to walk with her to see the rider as well fill her in on any other details. This was going to be a pain to sort out.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:38 pm
Minoa followed along, walking quicker to keep up with the Weyrwoman's longer strides. "Yes, he should be fine. He recognized the signs fairly quickly and contacted me. The source of the poison was a mug which was apparently given to him by his brother."  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:52 pm
Lina shook her head. "What is the world coming to when a dragonrider can't even trust his own brother?" she asked angrily. "We've too few bronze riders to risk any of them right now. He was smart to come to you."

Lina flashed the healer a quick smiling before stopping outside of the curtain leading to the chamber where Mith had informed her R'lan was. She pulled the curtain aside and stepped into the room, pausing a moment for her eyes to adjust to the dim light. "We'll need to know what Hold his brother looks to," she murmured as she waited for Minoa to catch up. "The Lord Holder must be informed of the man's actions, so he can be dealt with."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:10 pm
Verenna looked up as Lina walked in, and tried even harder to keep herself out of the way, yet still near R'lan. There was nothing she could do here, and she knew it, but the Green was too stubborn to just up and leave because she was out of her league.  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 pm
R'lan woke as the movement about him increased. Seeing Lina, his eyebrows rose.

They need to know what Hold your brother looks to. Ellorth supplied.

"My brother, Felsan, looks to Fort Hold."  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:15 pm
Lina glanced at Verenna; there wasn't much space in the room, but the woman wasn't doing any harm. Besides, she was close to the patient, and weren't healers always saying that kin and close friends were good influences on convalescents? That often proved even more true for dragonriders, whose bonds went even deeper because of their dragons, than for holders. She nodded at Verenna to stay.

At R'lan's words, Lina moved closer, uncovered the glowbasket a little more to illuminate the room more effectively, and sat on one of the stools near the bed's foot. She smiled wryly as his words processed.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were feeling better if we were able to get that much information out of you," she said, trying for a lighter tone and just barely succeeding. "But you're a bronze rider, and we expect it. You'll stay here until Minoa says you can go. We'll dispatch a rider to contact Fort's Lord Holder immediately. I realize you must still be feeling poorly, but would this Felsan have had time to return to his Hold by now?"

((I've just thought of something. We don't have any names for prominent Lord Holders. I guess we'll just have to make some up. ^_^ Oh, the joys of role play.))  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:12 pm
Minoa nodded. "The poison should have been expelled quickly enough not to wreak too much havok on his system."

R'lan contemplated the question for a moment, trying to remember his brother's habits. "Felsan stays clear of Fort Hold mostly. It's the one thing he's wise about. He was never one to get along with people. I'm sure the Lord Holder would be well aware of his whereabouts." R'lan shook his head and laid back, muttering to himself. "We used to get along just fine."

((Ick. I had trouble just figuring Felsan's name out.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:52 pm
((NPC thread is now up, and will be added to as necessary.))

"Don't worry about a thing, R'lan," Lina said, smiling down at him. "Some brothers get jealous when their siblings Impress and they don't. We'll have this resolved quickly."

Mith, please inform Talth that she and Akira are needed to pay Lord Alarrin at Fort Hold a visit, Lina told her dragon. Tell her to ask about a young man named Felsan, and to make sure he knows that this man poisoned a rider. Tell her not to make Alarrin worry, just make him a bit wary.

I will tell her. Do not worry. This will be fixed soon. Mith's assurance did much to dissipate both Lina's rage that someone would poison a rider and the fear that it was possible in the future. Lina turned to Minoa.

"Keep an eye him, please, Minoa," she said too softly for R'lan to hear. "I don't want him staining himself while he's still recovering. You've done a marvelous job. I'll leave him to you, then, Healer."

She smiled, hoping to convey some of the great respect she felt for the other woman. Minoa had kept a cool head, treated the patient, and seemed more than capable of bringing R'lan though unscathed and less disgruntled about it than many others might have been.

Hoping to catch Akira before Talth whisked her away to Fort Hold, she left the room quietly. Dragons sometimes didn't pass on specific information, and she wanted to be sure Akira knew her job. She descended quickly to the Dining cavern, where she hoped the other woman would be.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:08 pm
Akira, had indeed, been in the Dinning hall. Over the last little while she had been busy trying to keep up with everything being thrown at her. She wasn't exactly used to being in the position she was in and as she grew closer to her Gold Dragon Talth, she had discovered how much work truly needed to be done to maintain her.

Her head was currently resting on an empty plate as she was sleeping away peacefully, not having a good rest in who knows how long. Takal was currently demanding attention from her as he pulled at her hair making clicks and noises of annoyance however Akira did not move. She only mumbled to him to leave her alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:31 pm
Lina looked around the Dining Hall, searching for the head that was Akira's. It took a moment or so, but then she saw Akira's fire lizard Takal pulling at her hair. Lina took a look at Akira's sleeping, exhausted face and felt a twinge of guilt. The other gold rider looked like she should be in her weyr sleeping. Then she thought of R'lan, and decided that Akira could have sleep enough after she talked with Lord Alarrin.

"Akira," Lina called as she drew nearer. "Hey, there, time to wake up. It's not good for you to sleep while you're eating." She smiled. "I've got a job for you, Akira."

Gently, she shook Akira's shoulder and swatted Takal away. The fire lizard would just wear Akira out faster.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:39 pm
Akira mumbled something and grasped the spoon in her hand tightly. Takal jumped back as the spoon went flying across the room. He looked up at Lina with pleading eyes as if to say 'She's dangerous when she's asleep when she hasn't had enough rest'. Akira muttered something, grabbed a long loaf of bread and snuggled it as she turned her head away from Lina. "You touch my food and I'll kill you... you evil strawberries..." she muttered as she started munching on the bread.

Takal mewed an unhappy tune as it went over to try and wake Akira up again. Soon the other fire flint showed up. Ara grabbed Takal's tail with her teeth and started to drag him away from the poor sleeping girl as he violently fought back to break the other flint's hold on him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:42 pm
Minoa smiled to herself as Lina left. She turned to Verenna and R'lan. "I'm going to get the supplies in order. If anything changes get me."  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:55 pm
Verenna nodded seriously. She hoped nothing would change, but it was possible. There wasn't a need for her to stand out of the way in the corner any longer, so she stepped away from the wall and gave R'lan a look. One of curiosty mixed with a bit of concern. "How are you? A bit better?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:09 pm
Lina smiled a bit as Akira resettled herself with the bread. At the mention of evil strawberries, she had to roll her eyes and laugh; Akira must have been going through records from the original Landing site again. She was forever referencing things that had been common for the long-dead settlers but were nowhere to be found on Pern. Trying a different track, she reached out her mind to Mith.

Love, would you please speak to Talth? she asked silently. See if she can wake her rider, please. Akira's throwing spoons in her sleep.

I will, dear heart. Lina heard Mith turn her mind to her daughter and fellow queen dragon. Talth, dear daughter, please wake your rider. She is dangerous in her sleep, and the two of you need to get to Fort. Ellorth's rider was poisoned and you are to speak with Fort's Lord of the poisoner's whereabouts.

At the same time, Mith sent reassuring thoughts to Akira's fire lizards, hoping to calm them.

"Come on, Akira," Lina murmured. "We don't have much time to work with here. You'll be able to sleep for the next three days after this, I promise, just wake up, please."  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

ST4RCASM

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:05 pm
Akira rolled over and then fell off of her seat before slowly waking up. "Umh...er..." Her eyes were half over and sleep like hell. "I swear if that jerk comes near me again I'll throw a butcher knife at him." She mumbled to herself randomly before looking up at Lina. "Are you here about the strawberry festival?" Obviously she was still half asleep.

Talth had listened attentively to her mother's request and then sent forward a message to the half asleep Akira. Akira... it's time to get up now. She started with a soothing voice. Akira had muttered something in response and slowly dropped her head. We have business to attend to. Up and attom. Akira started to rise to her feet muttering complaints under her breath. "I haven't slept in a fort night, can't I just sleep now?" No. Now time to turn to your duties. Once they are completed, then you may sleep. Akira yawned and rubbed her eyes slowly. "Okay, okay I get it. I'm up already..." She turned to look at Lina, small tears of tiredness budding at the sides. "Morning..." she mumbled releasing yet another long yawn. "So...what am I to do today?"  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff