Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:38 pm
Sentinel's wall rushes up, thrusting one section of the lightning wall up higher. As he moves into place beside his wall, however, the furry beast immediately reacts - letting loose a loud roar, raising its' massive food, and slamming it down on the Warforged - leaving him hurt, and prone. Toranis' subisquent attack of lightning-y fury, however, gets revenge for Sentinel when it strikes every single target he intended with perfect accuracy - frying a number of the beasts.

The first of the two fat creatures seems unsure of where to go - glancing between Red Herring, and Barberie. It eventually decides to take a position between both, and hurl a chunk of flesh toward Soveliss and Barberie, though only the latter is harmed. The second of the fat creatures gets up from the floor slowly, and waddles away from the lightning wall. The furry creature gets up from the ground as well, turning its' attention on Sentinel.. then immediately attempting to pummel him into the ground even more with both fists - though only one connects, the other thuds into the stone floor harmlessly.

[ @Sentinel: 37 Total -- 18 damage - Prone (G: Immediate Reaction), 19 Damage (G: Slam)
@Barberie: 19 Total - 19 Fire/Necrotic (S1)
G: 53 Thunder Damage, 34 Lightning Damage - Prone.
S2: 40 Thunder Damage - Prone

[ Initiative - Round 4 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R [34 Damage] [Immobilized]
------- Immobilized - End of Red Herring's Round 4 Turn
[33] RD [10 Damage]
[28] Sentinel [40 Damage] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends] [Prone]
------- Adjacent allies + Sentinel gain cover vs. ranged and area attacks.
------- Adjacent allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
[27] Toranis [16 Damage]
------- Lightning Field: When hit on melee/enemy moves adjacent. [End of Round 5 Turn]
[26] G [270 Damage - Bloodied]
[25] S1 [31 Damage], S2 [86 Damage - Bloodied]
[23] Xavier [24 Damage] <---| Turn |
------- L. Wall: 10 Lit DM for starting adjasent/moving into a wall square. [End of Round 4 Turn]
[18] I2 [75 Damage]
[16] Soveliss [55 Damage]
[14] Barberie [61 Damage]
[12] Red Herring [36 Damage]
------- Hunter's Pursuit - R is immobilized until end of round 4 turn.
------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.
------- Displacer Armor: Attacks against Red roll 2d20, taking the lowest result.
------- Resist 5 All Damage
[00] C1, C2, C3, C4 [J6, K6, L6, M6 Respectively... forgot to add them again. >.<] ]

Round 4: Xavier - Go! ]

bamaotaku rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:10 pm
Noticing how the one robed figure seems to be controlling the rest of the beasts, Xavier seeks to aid Red Herring in its destruction. While he points one of his staves at the target, he feels the power from the other joining with it in order to make the attack more potent.

"A vision of horror and fears which stalk the corners of your nightmares, manifest from the mind of this twisted soul. Phantasmal Assailant!" Dark energy flows out and swirls around the cloaked figure's head, attempting to make him believe that he is being attacked by another, illusory enemy.

After casting the spell, Xavier moves to place himself between Sentinel and the duo of Barbarie and Toranis. This way, he'll be able to aid either with the same effectiveness...and benefit from Xavier's powerful defense.

Standard Action
Quote:
Phantasmal Assailant
Daily - Arcane, Illusion, Psychic Range - 20
Attack: Intelligence vs Will
Hit: 2d10+Int modifier psychic damage
Effect: The target takes 5 ongoing psychic damage and grants combat advantage to you and your allies (save ends both).

Move Action
Quote:
Move to square I-18

Attack & Damage
Quote:
8+19=27 vs Will/ 6+3+13=22 damage

Special bonus
Quote:
Equipment - Phrenic Crown (Lvl 17)
Property: When you use a power against Will defense,
the target (or targets) takes a –1 penalty to saving throws
against any ongoing effect of that power.
Level 17: –2 penalty.
Level 27: –3 penalty

bamaotaku
Crew

bamaotaku rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Damange +13 (on the very, VERY slim chance that it hits)  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 am
+20 vs. AC - Soveliss  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:03 am
[ Damage ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:12 am
The cloaked figure seems unaffected by Xavier's magic, and the wall of lightning fades from view.

The creature being assaulted by Barberie and Soveliss moves closer to the latter, bringing its' intense flame to the Warlord who was trying to keep his distance. As it does so - it throws out one of its' hands and latches on to Soveliss, holding him firmly in place so that he'd not be able to escape the flames.

[ @All: Sorry for my delays in posting lately, life has just not been kind to me. Everything should be good now so hopefully we can get through the rounds a bit quicker now.. barring anything unforseen.

@Soveliss: 28 Damage [Claw: 13 fire damage, plus 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends), plus grabbed. Aura: 10 fire damage.]
@Barberie: 10 damage [Aura: 10 fire damage.]

[ Initiative - Round 4 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R [34 Damage] [Immobilized]
------- Immobilized - End of Red Herring's Round 4 Turn
[33] RD [10 Damage]
[28] Sentinel [40 Damage] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends] [Prone]
------- Adjacent allies + Sentinel gain cover vs. ranged and area attacks.
------- Adjacent allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
[27] Toranis [16 Damage]
------- Lightning Field: When hit on melee/enemy moves adjacent. [End of Round 5 Turn]
[26] G [270 Damage - Bloodied]
[25] S1 [31 Damage], S2 [86 Damage - Bloodied]
[23] Xavier [24 Damage]
[18] I2 [75 Damage]
[16] Soveliss [83 Damage] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends] [Grabbed by I2]
[14] Barberie [71 Damage]
[12] Red Herring [36 Damage]
------- Hunter's Pursuit - R is immobilized until end of round 4 turn.
------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.
------- Displacer Armor: Attacks against Red roll 2d20, taking the lowest result.
------- Resist 5 All Damage
[00] C1, C2, C3, C4

Round 4: Soveliss, Barberie, Red Herring - Go! ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:35 pm
((BA is bloodied, Her scant armor grants +2 to reflex while bloodied))

The demon's flames licked at her skin, but Barberie Anne pushed through the pain.

"I!" she bellows
((Free Action: Berzerker Fury, +2 to damage for the rest of encounter))

"Will not!"
She solidifies her stance, the heat of the flames lifting and billowing her golden hair out behind her.
((Minor: Fearsome Presence, stance, +2 bonus to all defenses until stance ends))

"YIELD!"
She swings her greatsword in a mighty arc to slam down upon the burning fiend.
((Standard: Thunderfury Rage @41 vs AC))  
Arc Vembris rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 9 Total: 22 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:41 pm
Her heavy blade tears through the flame and bone that composes the fiend, driving its contents to the floor.
((30 damage and I2 is prone. BA enters the Rage of the Thunderfury Boar. Until rage ends, when an adjacent enemy hits or misses her, she can make a melee basic as an imm. reaction Inspire Fury: While raging any allies within 5 squares who hit with a melee attack get +2 to damage))

((It would be helpful to have our ally who gives us fire resist help us fight one of the few monsters that deals pure fire damage, y'know, defending us. Like a defender might do.))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Genericho rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Genericho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Looking over his shoulder at the noisy barbenger

Oh does the pinup want help now? I could have sworn you didn't need defending, able to take care of yourself and whatnot. Sorry I spent the first half of the fight dazed while nuking the dogs that dazed us so no one else would be, and immobilizing Cloaky here on my first real turn so half the room including the boss would turn its attention towards me instead of you all, I guess that's not defender-like enough so by all means Barbie let me come save your a** from the aura you charged ahead of the group into which you're lucky is fire in the first place or you'd be s**t outta luck.

turning to R

Do me a favor and stay put would you? I'll be back in about 6 seconds.

[Standard Action: Attacking R]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

+25 = 29 vs Reflex

(it's not his fault he's mean, it's the charisma ninja )  
Genericho rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:31 pm
[Rolling Damage, assuming that hit

30 untyped + 2 fire damage to R and it is immobilized for another turn

Minor Action: Marking R with Aegis of Assault

Move Action: 4S, 2SE right between Xavier, Soveliss and Barberie]

This is such a good idea, Barberie! Me standing right here with everyone, now instead of having to choose between me and you guys, all the monsters can plant their AOEs right here! But I'll stand here anyways, if only to please you~  

Genericho

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:46 pm
((Hey, you didn't hear me complaining on previous rounds, musta been too dazed to use that action. I'm flattered you're so eager to please me though. Maybe next time I'll let the artillery pieces run unchecked just to give you a break since you're such a hard-workin' elemental))  
iDragow rolled 3 20-sided dice: 4, 4, 7 Total: 15 (3-60)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 pm
((If Barb is bloodied, this is going to be fun...
Or not... damn die roller... stare ))

As the creature got near him, Soveliss could feel the searing waves of heat emanating from its body. With a glance, he also noticed that Barbarie was having similar pains. Although, he thought he could see a small trickle of blood running down from her nose...

His eyes bulging wide in pure fury, the Eladrin didn't move quick enough to dodge the claw, which gripped him around the mid-section and held him in place. Nice and close to the flames. But the only thing Soveliss was thinking was that he needed to show this thing that he wasn't going to take it doing harm to his allies.

Despite the awkward way the monster was holding him still, the Warlord still managed to bring his spear around and jab it at the creature's mid-section. "You think I'll just stand back as you do harm to my compatriots!? This grievous offense shall not go unpunished!" Hoping against hope that the light jab would land, it would not only give himself a chance to break the creature's grip, but it might even present an opening for Barbarie to avenge her own injuries.

Speaking of... Soveliss mustered all the strength he could, and pushed against the curled fingers mightily. Although he felt them give just a little, it seemed that he would be gripped for a lot longer than he was hoping. His mind still was trying to create openings for his allies, however.

Taking another moment to gather his thoughts, he swiped the spear across the creature's mid-section. "Barbarie! If this creature dreams of moving, cut it down where it stands!"
Quote:
Immediate Reaction: Unified in Blood on I2.
Effect: Before the attack, you can move your speed.
Attack: 1d20(4)+22+2(CA)=28 vs. AC
Hit: 2d10(13)+13=26 damage, and the bloodied ally (Barbarie) can make a basic attack against the enemy as a free action.
Athletics check to escape grab: 1d20(4)+19=23
Standard Action: Viper's Strike on I2.
Attack: 1d20(7)+22+2(CA)=31 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10(5)+13=18 damage.
Effect: If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an Opportunity Attack from an ally of your choice (Barbarie).

iDragow

iDragow rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 5, 8 Total: 26 (4-40)

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 pm
Rolling all damage anyway, even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss with the first.

EDIT: Oops, one too many. sweatdrop  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:16 am
((Don't forget it's prone, so you get CA, unless you can't do that when grabbed)) She attacks again! ((Basic @42))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:18 am
15 damage as she continues to hack into the creature  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items