Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:50 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

Kojiro would feel a migraine welling in his head as he observed the Mantis and Crane bickering. He was about to say something, but Lady Kaiu had spoken before he could intervene. The bushi would turn to bow deeply to their hostess. "We are but the first, I'm sure. I am Bayushi Kojiro and the two gentlemen with me are Kakita Zanzen and Yoritomo Hisashi. You honor us with your hospitality."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette for maximum politeness to make a good first impression
5k3 w/ 3 additional dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to couch it in a more familiar Yasuki style.
Results: 35  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:41 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Kaiu Estate:

Kaiu Hana would smile at Kojiro's greeting. "The honor is mine, Bayushi-san. Please, all of you, come and sit, relax while we wait for the rest of your party to arrive. I've been delaying supper as long as possible for your arrival, and I was starting to think you would not show," she would explain, gesturing openly to follow her within to the reception area.

Kaiu Hana is a petite woman who looks like she is in her late 30s, with long black hair just past her shoulders, and heavy long-ish bangs down each side of her face. She has a very homely appearance about her, and despite her own confidence, her movements strike you as those of someone with a subdued, introverted personality.

As she would head down a short hallway, stopping partway at a door on the left, she would say something to one of her servants, who would bow and head off further down the hallway. Hana herself would turn and gesture for the three of you to enter the room, where a table had been set up for many guests.

"Please, will you join me for some tea while dinner finishes preparing?"

--------------------

@ Kaiu Fortress:

"Excuse me, Kagae-sama?" a servant - the same one as before - would call out through his barricaded door. "The mistress wished for me to inform you that your companions have arrived, if you would like to come out and eat something." Not waiting for a response, the servant's footsteps would continue on.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:53 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

"We would be delighted to, Lady Kaiu. My grandmother put great store on Kaiu teas, and it's been a very long while since I've had some." The Scorpion would address his next remark to his two companions. "You two are in for a real treat if you haven't had Kaiu tea before."

Kojiro would sit at the table as he was directed. While waiting for the tea and/or the other guests to arrive, the Scorpion would try light conversation. "I took the liberty of taking a short walk along the river bank. This village is very serene and quiet. It seems like the Kami themselves have blessed this place with beauty. "  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 pm
Miyako had gone back to her room to think, and plan for a few possiblities. She was still working with somewhat unknowns, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. But by the time she'd managed to compose herself, Kojiro had already left and she frowned anew. Alright, so she'd head to the Kaiu estate by herself. After all, she did have the initial invitation still. Collecting her things, she headed to where it was directed to be.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:37 pm
Perhaps Denbe had walked a little too carefully.

He came back to find most of his companions missing, the hour late, and almost no one at all about except a little tiny- oh, wait a moment, that was Shosuro-san! Taking a moment to make sure all was accounted for and no one had left anything behind in the Hare would join her in making way to the Crab estate.

On arriving he would, when asked, gladly relinquish his katana, removing it carefully, as well as his bow and tanto if asked. His feet, he kept on him.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 5, 9, 4, 4 Total: 36 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 am
@Kaiu Estate:

"Thank you, Lady Kaiu. It is not for feelings of safety, however. It is just something I cannot give to another." He would accompany her to tea.

"I wish I could have brought a more fitting gift, but all I could think of was to perhaps put on a display of ability for your family's honor."

Etiquette/Awareness 4k2 to be sincere.

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 6, 7, 8 Total: 31 (5-50)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 pm
Rain Yupa

@ Kaiu Estate:

The servant would go safely and securely put away the weapons given to him, while another bows and leaves without a word. The discussion of whether or not Zanzen should turn in his weapon is still raging while the first to servants stand by idly, when Kaiu Hana would open the door to the tokonoma, not waiting to put in her two zeni.

"It's quite all right, Hisashi-san. The Crane and Crab have seldomly seen eye to eye, and I am sure this is closer to the Shadowlands than any of you have ever been. Truth be told, we're tucked away deep in the center of Crab lands and are in very little danger, but if Kakita-san would feel more at ease armed, then by all means, I will not stop him from being so." Like Hisashi and Kojiro, Kaiu Hana appears to be only wearing her wakizashi as well, despite knowing of this situation.

She would then bow. "But where are my manners. I am Kaiu Hana, wife of Kaiu Ieyasu, and mother of Kaiu Kagae. Welcome to my home." Doing a quick scan of the lot of you, she would add, "Are you three the only ones who will be accepting my invitation?"

Hisashi would try his best to refrain from releasing an audible sigh of relief as the lady of the house made an allowance for his partner's request. He would bow at the lady as she introduced herself, and respond politely. "We are most honored to be had, Lady Kaiu. I do apologize for causing something of a scene; I simply wished to avoid causing any offense. It is my duty to advise and assist my company in diplomatic matters as needed, though I'm sure they would be the first to tell you I can prattle on like a mother hen on occasion."

After Kojiro made the introductions, he would follow along at the request of Lady Kaiu for tea. He would refrain from presenting his gift immediately in order to try and make up for his slight panic earlier and giving the Crane's gift an extra boost.

"If I may vouch for Zanzen-san, Lady Kaiu, the art of the Kakita Duelist is quite spectacular. The way he uses his weapon is one of the finer examples of swordsmanship I've ever seen; a very testament to the animal which his clan is named for. I can only imagine he will become even more adept through his travels, using the blade as elegantly as a master artisan would a calligraphy brush. It is as much a gift as the physical objects myself or Kojiro-san bear tonight, if not more so."

Storytelling (Bragging) 5k3 to talk up Zanzen's gift

Total: 8+8+7=23  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

Kaiu Hana would wait to sit after her guests themselves were seated, and poured each of them a cup of tea. "Your reasons seem to be meaningful and personal, and I won't judge you on them, Kakita-san," Hana said sportively. "I think I did overhear you saying that you are not well traveled. The Crab consider themselves fairly hospitable, though we rarely do get visitors. Many of the more 'central' clans aren't quite so forgiving. So don't judge your companions; they are simply trying to look out for your safety. I don't doubt you'll find those willing to contest your honor soon enough in your travels." Hana seemed to speak not out of some sort of courtly obligation, but rather, by the sound of it, from experience.

As she chatted with Kojiro, Zanzen, and Hisashi, though, her demeanor would change after something was said.

Kakita Zanzen
"gift"

Kakita Zanzen
"gift"

Kakita Zanzen
"gift"

Frowning, she would do her best to portray an uplifting attitude. "I appreciate the gesture, Kakita-san, but gifts really aren't necessary, at least for me. I have a dutiful husband and a gifted son. That's all a dedicated wife and mother truly wants."

"Excuse me, mistress? I beg your pardon, but two more of master Kagae's companions have arrived," a servant said from the other side of the sliding doorway, bowing despite being only a shadow on the other side of the paper.

"Oh? Send them in right away." The door would slide open, and the servant would bow in a different direction as Ujina Denbe and Shosuro Miyako entered the chamber. "Welcome! I'm glad you could make it. Dinner should be done shortly. Please, be seated, we just started tea!"

As they would sit, she would look at Miyako for a few prolonged moments, before turning to the original three. "Perhaps there is something more that I could want, but it's hardly a suitable gift." With a wry, and almost twisted smirk, she would hide her emotion behind a cup of fine tea.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 10, 7, 1, 5, 5, 8, 10 Total: 52 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:22 pm
Miyako hadn't even seen Denbe until she was almost to the residence, but she happily accepted his company until their arrival. "Thank you, Lady Kaiu. It was a welcome pleasure to be invited." She gratefully took a seat and looked at her companions giving Kojiro a small frown of disappointment before focusing her attention on the lady of the hour, thinking about the way she phrased things, and what it could mean.

"My lady, if we could offer something that would be of service to you, please tell us." She bowed formally, making her comment as sincere as possible.

[[Etiquette/Awareness 6k4 +2 (Sincerity) + explosions if any= 31 + 2 = 33]]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

Bayushi Kojiro resisted the urge to palm plant right this moment as Miyako and Denbe arrived. He should not have assumed Miyako was following him. Would things have been different if she were more noticeable? Miya-chan could probably give Naizen a run for his money if the two were to compete to see who was more stealthy. Ah well. Kojiro eagerly awaited Hana's response and drank his tea.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 pm
Rain Yupa
"Perhaps there is something more that I could want, but it's hardly a suitable gift." With a wry, and almost twisted smirk, she would hide her emotion behind a cup of fine tea.

Tei Kae
"My lady, if we could offer something that would be of service to you, please tell us." She bowed formally, making her comment as sincere as possible.

It would take every last ounce of willpower to prevent Hisashi from spit-taking or choking on his tea as the two consecutive statements were made.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:51 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

@ Kaiu Estate:

Hana would wave somewhat dismissively upon Miyako's polite offer. "Oh, I couldn't ask that! You've only just met my son! I don't even know if you've had a marriage arranged yet or not!" Hana would cheerfully cover her mouth with the back of her hand, laughing cheerfully and nonchalantly.

-----

@ Kaiu Fortress:

Kagae, your okaasan is laughing again. Things always end poorly for you when she starts to laugh.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 9, 1, 3, 5, 3, 8, 6, 4 Total: 53 (10-100)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 pm
{{7k4 + 3 for Awareness/Courtier + Emphasis with one raise for emotional impact on Kojiro/Mrs. Kaiu plus a couple for explosions...}}

Miyako smiled appropriately, she wondered if it might be something along those lines. "Yes, my lady. I was betrothed but he was lost to me and my father has not the heart to enforce another one upon my broken one." Her voice was soft, as if confiding in the woman even though her voice wasn't that low.

But she forced a larger smile to her face, "But perhaps I could keep an eye out for someone more suitable for your son on our journey."hiding her own smile behind a sip of tea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 pm
@ Kaiu Estates

Kojiro would try to keep his face as neutral as possible. Mentally, Bayushi Kojiro took this moment to curse Bayushi Taira and his paranoia. Not all of Yogo's descendents were like Junzo or Yoritomo Aramasu. Most were like Rin....

Kojiro tried desperately not to look like he had been gut shot at the comment. It hadn't been his idea or choice! Ah well. Duty was the strength of the Scorpion and Kojiro did as he should. That was a Scorpion's lot.

"Many initial arrangements fall through due to some minor perception of a problem. It has happened often in the past. Besides, with your son's performance at the Tournament, I'm surprised that you have not had tentative offers from several families yet."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 8, 1, 6, 2, 1, 1 Total: 21 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:31 pm
OOC
Awareness/Etiquette (Conversation) check to deflect the conversation onto Kagae's performance at the Tournament.

5k3 dice, 3 additonal dice rolled to handle explosions
Results: 15
Raise: 0  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games