Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
A Castle's Thorns - Accepting/Finally Open Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:09 am
Luckette looked over the area after hearing the thud, soon seeing the book that had fallen to the floor. She wondered where it went on the shelf and looked upwards. "Did I...knock that over on accident?" she asked herself softly, looking rather concerned. If she did, she needed to put it back. However, with how badly hurt her arms and with how sore her legs were, it seemed a terrible idea to reach so high. She gently shut the book after memorizing her current page and set it atop the pile she already had.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 am
Nona quickly stopped in her foot steps, her keen ears hearing the struggles and soon she vanished. Using her ghost like abilities as she faded through the walls to the kitchen. "Dearie me! Such a task alone, a definite no!" She quickly said, scooting Arisa aside. "Let me aid, at the very least, my dear." She adds, taking it from her as she began to crank. Not much of a chef herself, though she had learned her part within the years of serving here. "You'd think, gals like us wouldn't have to do all this nonsense...after all, we are beings of spirit...." She said with a kind smile, cranking more and more. Yet paused,"....what am I cranking, by the way. I haven't the fainest idea..." She then asked, stopping as she looked towards Arisa. Too caught up in wanting to help to even know what she was doing.  

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 am
Arisa

Oh thank god some help!
Arisa looked over at Nona as the motherly woman took up the other half of the crank, Arisa immediately noticed the weight easing up on her arms as the other maid came and aided her with her endevours. She looked over with a somewhat tired smile.
"Thanks Nona... your a life saver." Arisa replied before turning her gaze forwards, her eyes closed, her forced smile became something a little more bitter and her eyebrows angled into the bridge of her nose. "Abigail was suppose to help me with this, but she's with one of the new guests." Arisa looked over in time to see the look on Nona's face when she mentioned that. "Lucian found a couple of... guests... in the woods and brougth them back here. One is a boy whom I haven't seem much of sense I was sent away, and the other is a lovely young lady. Though... I think Abigail is using the young lady as an excuse to get out of her chores so that she can gossip... you know how she can be."
Despite her efforts, it appeared that Arisa was still venting a little bit of frustration towards Abigail, perhaps a little resentment was based on the head-butting that happened before Arisa came down here to perpare tonights dinner. She looked over at Nona again.
"We're working on the last of tonights dinner. We at least need to appear to be living while we have company." Arisa added on in a somewhat bored tone as she continued the boring, repetative task.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:31 pm
"Oh? Well I hope your stay here is pleasant Sir Thomas." Abigail answered with a soft smile. She made no mention about whether or not the castle was haunted, as she knew quite well that it was, being one of the ghostly inhabitants herself. But alas, the wonders of being able to take on a corporal form was that those still among the living couldn't tell that she was dead. Unless of coarse he was around long enough to see her never age, or that if something did happen to her that could kill her, it would just cause her to loose her corporal form for a little while. "I am Abigail Silva, though you may call me Abigail if you wish."

At the sound of a thud, Abigail suddenly looked towards where Luckette had gone to read. "Hm...Why do I have the feeling she's not alone back there..." Abigail thought, having a feeling that Spike was up to his mischievous ways again.

greendragonfly52

Eloquent Pirate

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:30 pm
"Abigail... such a pretty name." Thomas smiled. At the sound of the thud, Thomas' ears perked up. If it's that freaking kid again, I swear on my mother's unfilled grave, I will wring his neck. He stormed off in the direction of the bookshelves, in search of the noise's source.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:34 pm
Spike saw that the new girl didn't see her, waiting before he was sure she wouldn't look back up before slowly creeping out. He got on his own ladder, hidden among the many shelves, and went down. Smirking as she looked away for a split instant, moving the same book she sat down and making it look like it fell as it now made another thud. Before she would look back though, he'd be out of sight once more. His hiding skills almost uncanny to his traps and other pranks. All in all, quite strangely planned logically by such a small boy.

Nona nodded, laughing at Arisa's words,"Oh? Is that what it was? That so explains the garden...the flowers were in such bloom! But all of a sudden they sour! And then, ever so slightly, they returned to their orginal state. I do imagine that they were in bloom at the young lady and then down at the boy." She jests, resuming her cranking. She ever so loved to be with the girls, though at this time it was only one. Her eyes gave a shine though, happy everyone was in such high spirits...heh, high spirits. Her expression now a smirk at her own mind. "And do tell me! Who is this lady, I dare ask? And let me add, where art thou the Master?" She jests ever more, using 'at thou' as more of a causal yet formal way. In her own way, she did respect their Master. She had her loyalty, and served him over the years as well. Though, with his quick-minded ideas and moods, he was a handful. And most of the time, she thought of him as a young boy trapped in his own cage of his making..but, then again, this was not need. She had dinner to prepare and a friend to chat with. " What were you planning to serve, my dear? I can add to it, or take up one of the responsibilities." She offers, looking towards her. Her smile there once more, same as usual. Nona, herself, always was uncanny with her merry behavior to things.  

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:02 pm
Luckette saw the man storm over to her, giving her a somewhat worried look. Although this man wasn't dressed too extravagantly, perhaps he was the master of the castle? Abigail had implied that the man was short-tempered. "I'm sorry, mister, have I upset you?" she asked, not understanding the situation. Then she heard another thud, only to see the book she had placed down on the ground after making a loud thud. "Oh dear, did I knock that one over too..? How do all these books keep falling?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:23 pm
Thomas walked over to Luckette and placed her book back on her table.
"Show yourself, you damned prankster!" Thomas shouted, loud enough to be heard several hallways away.

Mad Haru

Grey Moonfang IV

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm
What would reply to Thomas first however was not the boy, but rather the heavy clacking of worn leather boots. Sliding out from the bookshelves in a position opposite of where the child remained hidden, appearance a man dressed in heavy cloak. He'd planned to catch the woman...Luckette he'd heard her called...alone, but just as well he speak to the other man as well. His life wasn't in imminent danger. Fredrick wouldn't care too licks for the man unless he got in the way after all...

Face shadowed by his hood, Alister's eyes flicked to the many books which lined the walls of the library; and although the books contained material on many topics, the majority of the tomes were only two. Fictitious tales of romance Brackengard had collected, and 'How To' books on Courtship. The former of which were mostly gifts from Ambassadors and other nobles, an excellent way they'd found to get on Fredrick's good side. The later was of the Master's own choosing; though not due to any fault of his own of course. When Fredrick was rejected it was never his own fault, simply their poor judgement and taste. Rather, and it felt strange to quote words from his own mouth but not, it was to 'Make myself even more glorious then I already am!'.

The cloaked figure strode closer, his footsteps abruptly ceasing to make any sound; and although he came nearer the pair, he remained at a distance so as not to frighten them. He looked to the woman...my she was a beauty...pale and soft, yet she had clearly seen more sun then the noblewomen of his youth...and...and....dammit, now was certainly not the time for such blasted thoughts! "You must leave this place. Run fast, and run far, never to return" Alister spoke strongly, darkly, yet as always his voice managed to sound softer then that of his counterpart "...if you remain here too long, you will die...the same may go for you as well..." He looked in the direction of the man, he hadn't caught his name, and a small part of him didn't particularly care either...blast it, he couldn't let that happen here. First and foremost he and the servants both had done their best to keep Fredrick from ever realizing the truth...

"Please...you must leave this place, it isn't safe" Alister warned again as he looked to Luckette, his voice sounding a bit more pleading this time.

((Sorry this took so long. Weekend was busy. sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 pm
Arisa

"I honestly don't know where the master is... nor do I wish to find out, I'm perfectly happy about being overlooked when he gets in his... moods or cravings. The girl is quit the lovely little thing too, I only caught her first name: Luckette. I can't say as I got to know her all that well, but she came here pretty beat up and hurt. We had to borrow some herbs from your stock to treat her. Which reminds me... I'll replace them when I find some time as thanks for letting me steal them from you." Arisa replied, closing her eyes in thought as she went over the situation that they were all in right now. Arisa, thought she had grown callused and her heart hardened over the years she wasn't totally without empathy or feeling. When the topic changed to something other than the conflicting subject of the new girl she let a bit of a smirk touch her lips. "Boar on the spit with some fresh garden salad and a fruit gathering for dessert. I got all but the boar done... and I think it's only fair to have Abigail set the table and clean up after. I must admit, it does feel good to be doing... normal things again." Arisa's voice had trailed off a little at the end. She was one of the spirits who was still bitter about her untimely death and everything that was taken away from her because of it.
She did miss him so, him and the life that they could have shared together.
But... he made a promise, and she knew that he would come for her when he had the chance. Arisa had fallen silent, withdrawn into her own thoughts for a moment like she was prone to do. Her eyes held a distance in them that was starting to become more and more frequent. She constantly tried to hold onto the past so that she wouldn't forget it. There were legends that she remembered as a girl about ghosts who became twisted and horrible things when eventually and fully gave into their own despair and anguish. She remembered being so frightened as a little girl when her mother and father would tell her those sorts of stories. When she got older, she then dismissed them as old wives tales and superstitious gossip... but now she was starting to worry about what if it was true, and she did run the risk of becoming something that those stories portrayed. She desperately clung onto every good memory she had and constantly held possessions that captured those good times, scared that myth could become reality and she would lose herself in the sorrow of having to be seperated from her love.

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

greendragonfly52

Eloquent Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm
Abigail felt her cheeks warm once again at the compliment. "Why...thank you." She certainly wasn't used to compliments, not hearing them in a few hundred years now. It was then that Thomas left, with a look on his face as if he was after some sort of personal vendetta. Abigail followed behind, but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the familiar heavy cloak. All thoughts of Spike, and Thomas left her mind in a moment.

Abigail didn't saw anything at first as she listened to the warning. The same warning she had received herself so many years ago. If only she had listened. Hearing that warning, there was no doubt her in mind who stood before them in the heavy cloak. She felt a wave of relief sweep through her that it wasn't Fredrick, and that he hadn't seen Luckette yet. There was still time for her then. Abigail remained simply silent as Alister gave his warning. She was perhaps the opposite of Lucian. She had no respect for Fredrick, but Alister she respected greatly. He tried to do the right thing after all, even if his goals didn't always work out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm
"What are you talking about?" Luckette asked, her voice barely above a gentle whisper as she spoke. A look of concern showed itself clearly upon her features, as well as one of confusion before long. "Why will I die if I remain here? In my condition, wouldn't it be more likely for me to meet my end in the forest?" She hoped she didn't seem rude in asking these questions, but to her, they needed to be asked. Why was this stranger demanding that she leave? Was she being a bother? Did she look too unpleasant? Or was it another issue entirely? She simply couldn't fathom why the man would be so afraid for her.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:09 pm
"You almost died in the forest?" Thomas tried to sound incredulous, surprised, something that wouldn't make it sound as though he was laughing at the girl, which he was on the inside.
"And what," he asked, turning his attention to the cloaked man, "is going to kill us?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 am
Alister fell silent, contemplating how best to word his explanation. Honesty was the best policy if they say; however he had born witness to the rotten fruits of such action. He had told visitor's the truth once...the actions of Fredrick and Lucian both. As one would only expect they promptly ran...only to return with...the 'police' he heard them called. Something similar to the guards that once patrolled the towns. To say little of the situation, it had ended poorly.

So then...how best to sway their hearts into running. Perhaps the truth in another form? If they thought him unhinged...crazier then he already was, they might consider fleeing the castle.

"This place is one of a grim history. Belonging to a young and unsavory Prince in the day of it's prime, it is also home to much bloodshed. The Prince as they say, was a romantic of sorts. A romeo most sinister" Alister said, his tone rather dull despite the theatricality of his words "The Prince courted many a young maiden, but none more then one particular beauty. With skin like snow, and eyes of fire, she entranced his heart like none other" He went on, his mouth tightening into a deep scowl as the memories of the true event returned to him "...one night, he asked the maiden to be his bride...his queen...;but her affections lay with another, and so she rejected him. Something vile rose from within the Prince that day...that same night as the confession, he slew the maiden in a manner most bloody" Alister shuddered then, yes he remembered that moment. Fredrick had fallen unconscious from the mixture of emotions, Alister awakening to the sight and blood soaked clothing had yakked...to use a rather uncouth term.

"The lord of the castle fell soon after, his kingdom quick to follow...yet still more blood was spilled. Although his flesh was made to leave this world, his spirit remained, still remains. Whenever a maiden of beauty enters these halls he stirs, falls in love with her, and when she rejects him slaughters her much like a butch would a lamb" Alister moved this time as he spoke, walking around the pair to a bookshelf he was now glad to be near "Look here" He scuffed his foot against the floor as if pointing. Upon closer inspection one would find a deep, brownish red stain in the wood, likely centuries old...but the cause was unmistakable. It was a blood stain, and a large one at that.

Truthfully it was not a maiden's blood, but that of feline origin. It was unfortunate, but the castle cat had been lost centuries ago when one of the the shelves had toppled over in a quake. Luckette and the man however, were not aware of this...and that would be to his advantage.

"I say again, run away before your spirits join the others unable to rest within these walls...an end brought on by the beasts of the forest would be merciful compared to the beast that roams the halls" Alister warned once again, his voice a bit more stern. He didn't like scarring people or fooling them in any fashion; but it was necessary. One could not always do as one liked...something his other half had yet to learn, even centuries later.

Grey Moonfang IV

Witty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:06 am
Spike grinned as the new girl simply thought she was the one doing it only to look up to see Alister. Remembering his mother saying it wasn't the Master but him, and that you could tell the difference by listening to his words and his tone. Where he was, only the man could see as he was purposely in the other's blind spot. He froze either way, not wanting be caught as it would ruin the simple prank upon the girl. As his eyes stayed upon Alister, making sure he would know when to leave, he listened to the story. His curiosity now coming as he remained. Looking at the blood stain, even as he did. He recalled when his mother told him stories when he was younger. Nowadays he would be too busy trying to have fun to be near her. One was how she died giving birth to him and remained for him. Would she ....no, no she wouldn't. His mind now back to Alister, looking towards the others through small creaks in the shelves. Knowing that he was busy warning new girl, he quickly took this as a chance to sneak away as if he wasn't even there. With a smirk, he slowly did so going towards the exit hidden behind the shelves thanks to his small size.

( Will edit this later for Nona, swear it for now brb lol actually put this in another rp)  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff