Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:56 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: School Robes

Arianna made her way into the study section of the library. She glanced around half expecting to see Elliot in here but to her disappointment she didn't spot him. She picked her way to an open table and sat down. Since it was the end of the semester she found herself severely behind in her classwork again. She sighed and reached into her bag and pulled out her copy of Hogwarts a History deciding to start with finishing the essay they were assigned. She was supposed to be writing why she thought her wand chose her. She stared at the empty parchment still not knowing what to write. "It's not like I want to take wandlore. This paper is stupid." She muttered to herself grumpily. She continued to stare at the blank page hoping that it would magically fill itself.

OOC: Open for Interaction  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart at the Study Area with Arianna
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Relieved
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Thank Merlin he didn't follow me... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

If you thought I'd leave ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          Then you were wrong ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          'Cause I won't stop holding on ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott could hardly contain his relief as he entered the library and headed straight for the study area; he'd tried, really tried, to get the damned portrait to leave him alone, but to no avail. The Ravenclaw had been forced to retreat instead, which really was a sound strategy, not that Sir Cadogan would agree. Bloody idiot, he thought with a snort. As Elliott approached the study area, he noticed a familiar head bent over a book and, with a faint smile, approached with a wave. "Ari! Hey!" he called out. As the brunette approached, he noticed the expression on his friend's face and bit his lip, trying not to look amused. She was frustrated about something... presumably whatever homework she was working on. "Uh-oh," he declared, sitting down across from her and dropping his book on the table. "I know that look. What's wrong? Trouble with your assignment?" he asked, resting his chin on his fist. Well, there was a reason they were friends, after all... she got his head out a book every once in a while, and he helped her with her studies. It was a mutually beneficial relationship. Obviously. The teen glanced down, hoping for some hint of what she was working on, but her parchment was blank, and given the book she had before her, it could be anything. He tried to think of what homework assignments they'd been given, but he'd finished all his ages ago, and couldn't remember what they were.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ Because I've seen love die
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ Way too many times
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ When it deserved to be alive

User Image

(( OOC: ))

amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:30 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: School Robes

Ari was on the verge of banging her head on the wooden table in front of her when she heard her name. Elliot made an appearance at the perfect time. It was almost like he knew she needed help. "What the- I was just thinking of you!" She exclaimed thrilled to see her most intelligent friend.

She continued to glare at the blank essay. Elliot had probably already finished his and he probably will get the highest marks out of the class. She began to answer him. "As you can see I'm demonstrating yet again why I'm obviously not cut out to ever be in Ravenclaw." She said with a gesture towards her blank parchment. "I don't know what my stupid wand sees in me. It's obviously not intelligence. And why do we have to write a paper pertaining to wandlore in a History class? What's the point if I have no interest in wandlore!" With her little tantrum out of the way she felt a little better.

She finally looked up at her friend. It was true that she used Elliot's brains to her advantage as much as possible but that wasn't the only reason she liked being around him. She enjoyed his blunt manner and was always willing to tell her the truth without sugar coating. "How's your day?" She asked with a sigh; not having any hope of finishing her assignment.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:26 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Relieved
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceElliott blinked a bit when she said she'd been thinking of him. Why had she been... then again, she was working on an assignment, and apparently having trouble with it, so he figured it was because she knew he'd help. He offered a small smile as she started describing her predicament. "Well, we can't all be Ravenclaw," he said with a shrug. The information on which assignment she was working on was met with a faint 'Oh!', and then he frowned, expression growing thoughtful. "I think we go over wandlore because sometimes it becomes relevant to future lessons. Priori Incantatem is a rather important part of the lesson on Harry Potter and the Dark Lord, I believe. Also, it might be a good introductory thing to get people interested in the concept, so that people who would be interested in taking the elective are exposed to it in time to sign up, given that otherwise they'd have no idea they even liked it. I mean, we do sort of need people to go into that field. Wands are rather important," he told her. Elliott sat back, crossing his arms. "Hm... what is your wand? I did a bit of studying on the subject, I might be able to help," he told her, knowing that she'd probably roll her eyes at him for admitting that, yes, he had done the extra-curricular studying necessary to know a bit about wandlore. She shouldn't be all that surprised, really... after all, what didn't he study, at least a little? "Anyway, just because you're not Ravenclaw smart doesn't mean you're not intelligent," he added, thinking it was probably important not to let her think she was stupid or something like that. He was her friend, he was supposed to help boost her self-esteem, right?

spaceHer question about his day was met with a faint shake of his head, and a scowl. "Ugh, don't even get me started... I was up in the West Tower, trying to read up on Mind Magic, when... have you met Sir Cadogan? That barmy old knight portrait? Nutter started pestering me and wouldn't let up. I came down here just to get away... figured he'd follow me, but thank Merlin he didn't." Elliott rolled his eyes dramatically, huffing a bit. He was so glad to be away from that insane old man. The guy was certifiable, he was sure of it. If he'd been born in modern times, he'd have been thrown in the nuthouse for sure. The Ravenclaw had to wonder how the hell Godric Gryffindor had ever taught the guy, and decided that, in spite of it not being a trait notable among his students, the founder must've had infinite patience. It was absolutely the only explanation.

User Image

amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:00 am
User Image

Ari swore Elliot had been speaking English but every word out of his mouth just sounded like gibberish. The only thing she vaguely understood was something about Harry Potter. Feeling even worse she admitted to her friend, "I have no idea what you just said. Prior what now?" Ari had this sudden feeling that she was just the dumb friend Elliot kept around for fun.

She did understand when he said he did extra studying on the subject. She sighed, "Of course you did." She reached into her pocket and plucked out her wand. "Here." She offered it over to him to see "I'm pretty sure it's eleven and a half inches in length Dragon Heartstring core with Maple wood." She stared at the wand realizing just how pretty the wood was. But she grimaced a little at it's dirtiest she hadn't cleaned or polished that wand since she bought it and the wand supported fingerprints to prove it. She giggled as Elliot's attempt to compliment her. "We both know you're just saying that." But even as she replied to him she felt her mood lighten.

Arianna busted out laughing as he told her about his day. He bumped into the crazy knight that she'd heard about. Sir Cadogan was known for harassing students, teachers, and staff alike. She really wished she could have been their to see Elliot freak out on the knight and she knew that was probably what ended up happening too. "Aww, isn't he just a boat load of fun? I'm sure he'll find you later and challenge you to a duel for offending him or something." She chuckled a little more quietly this time trying to keep in mind that they were in the library. "Wait, Mind Magic? Isn't that a little advanced?" She asked suddenly curious. That was one of the subjects she knew she wanted to try out as soon as she could. It would be immensely helpful if she ever became an Auror.

Care MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:52 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

"Hi, Ari," Dani said, as she walked along through the library, and saw her teammate there with another student. She noticed Arianna had been contemplating her wand with a fair amount of concentration, and there was a conspicuously blank parchment there before her.

Dani smiled, and said, "You must be doing the 'wand essay' for Professor Powell's class, right? I remember that assignment from last year. It does make one think, doesn't it?"

amo10690

OCC: Open for interaction

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:58 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Relieved
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceElliott started to explain to Ari, but he snapped his mouth shut after a second. "It's not important, at least not right now. No sense piling more information on you than you need right now. I can tell you about it after you do your essay," he said with a shrug. They wouldn't have that lesson for a good long while, after all, at least as far as he knew, and it'd just distract her from what she actually needed to be focusing on. Not everyone could process information as quickly as he could... which wasn't a bad thing! Though, he did realize that might've come off as a bit insulting... Good thing he was talking to Ari. She knew him well enough to know he hadn't meant it that way. Or, he was pretty sure she did.

spaceHe was exceedingly careful when he took her wand. Ari, being a muggleborn, might not realize how big a deal it was for her to've given this to him. One didn't simply hand their wand over like that. But, she trusted him, which was humbling. He looked it over. "Lemme think... uh, Maple... Maple wands like people who're... adventurous. Outgoing. People who won't back down from a challenge." He offered the Gryffindor a smile. "Sounds a lot like you to me," he told her with a faint shrug. "And dragon heartstring, it's really good for combative magic, I think." Elliott didn't really know what to say about that, exactly. What magic a wand was good for didn't really say much about the wielder. Not as much as the wood. Or, at least to his mind. When she said he was trying to placate her, he shook his head, frowning. "C'mon, Ari, you know me. I don't say anything if it's not true," he told her. Which was a true statement in and of itself. He didn't waste his breath trying to boost someone's confidence with a lie. It didn't do any good in the long run, after all. "Besides, you know I have no patience for stupidity. If you weren't smart, I wouldn't like you." Harsh, but true. Again, he wasn't one to mince words, or try to make something sound nicer than it was.

spaceThe Ravenclaw rolled his eyes at her joking about the knight. "Ugh, he's a boat load of something, alright. I almost want to try and introduce him to William Wynters... maybe the two of them will stand there bragging at each other for a few hours and stay out of my hair." He shuddered faintly at the thought. In truth, introducing William to the knight would probably be a catastrophe. Their voices as they bragged to one another and played a game of one up-manship would carry throughout the castle... and the Ravenclaw dorms weren't all that far from the Gryffindor ones.

spaceElliott was silenced by the arrival of the older student, his mouth snapping shut before he could speak again. He flushed faintly, remaining silent. He didn't know the older girl, after all, though she obviously knew Ari. Hm, perhaps he'd be more help to the other girl, anyway; she'd done the assignment already, after all... Well, he'd done the assignment, but, it hadn't been graded yet. Presumably she would know what she was talking about and what Professor Powell was looking for better than he would.

User Image

amo10690

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:33 pm
User Image

Ari waited patiently for Elliot to explain what the prior thingymabobber was. But he didn't and said it wasn't important for now. She nodded knowing full well that it would probably just confuse the crap out of her and make her screw up her paper. Elliot was always good at trying to filter out his knowledge for her. I was probably a bit of a bother actually.

Ari watched as Elliot carefully examined her wand. He seemed hesitant with it and Ari wondered why. Of course she would pass her wand over to him and let him see it for himself. If he did anything to it she knew she could beat the crap out of him with her bare hands. As he gazed at it he told her the wood properties. She found herself smiling back at him as he certainly did describe her. She nodded in agreement. She was all of those things and she was interested in being an Auror so a combative wand was a necessity. But she was still confused. "But does the wand really pick a user just by their traits alone? Like if I wasn't outgoing would it still pick me? Or is their something else a wand looks for?" She truthfully didn't know how to phrase the question that was burning in her mind. It couldn't be as simple as that. Then all the other maple wands would've chosen Ari as well. What made this specific wand want to be with her?

Ari started giggling at her straightforward friend's next set of compliments. And yes from Elliot getting a sentence like: if you weren't smart, I wouldn't like you. That was a massive compliment from the boy of little words. She looked over at him, "Thanks Elliot. You always know just the right thing to say to cheer me up." She shook her head at his harsh words again. She was probably one of the few people who could see the kindness he hid in them and she really appreciated having a friend like him around.

The Gryffindor listened to Elliot's idea of placing Sir Cadogan and William Wynters together. She could just imagine how terrible things would end if that were to happen. "As tempting as that sounds. We might be better off not knowing what would happen if we put those two together." She said sniggering.

Ari suddenly heard her name called from across the room. She glanced up and saw it was Dani, one of her teammates. As the older girl came over she immediately guessed what they were working on. Ari nodded "Hello, Dani. I'm really behind in my schoolwork again this year..." She trailed off feeling slightly guilty again. She glanced across the table and realized Elliot had suddenly become very quiet. Ari knew he hardly ever talked to anyone with the exception of herself. She looked from Dani to Elliot and decided to make them at least acquaintances. Who knows they might even end up as friends as well!

"Elliot this is Dani. She's a year older than us and we're quidditch teammates. Dani here is way better than me though." She smiled at both of them as she made introductions."Oh Dani, this is my friend, Elliot he's probably the brightest in our year. He's helping me with my paper. We were just talking about my wand for the assignment. I'm not really good at wandlore, stuff." She gave her shoulders a shrug as she admitted her lack of knowledge on the subject.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:59 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani smiled as she sat down with her teammate, and Elliot. She really wished she had more of a chance to get to know more of the younger students, but as Veronica warned her, electives took a toll on her time. It was also no lie that the academic side of magic came far more easily to her than did the practical.

"Well, they don't teach near enough wandlore to us early on," Dani replied, "even though our wands are the most important item we carry with us. I think the wand sees things in us we may not be able to see in ourselves. In tree lore, maple signifies an independent mind, with ambition and an eagerness to learn and experience new things, but also one whom can be reserved and complex. So Elliot's square on with that."

She drew out her own wand so the others could see it. Dani took as much care of it as she did her broomstick, and so the coat of polish she used caused it to gleam in the lights of the library. "When I first started here, I wouldn't even touch this thing unless I had to for class. It stayed in its box until my first Charms class."

Dani regarded it a moment before adding, "Eleven inches long, oak with ...gee, Dragon heartstrings, just like yours, Ari. They used to build tall ships from oak, so there's an easy one there. Oak means strength, period. I figured it made sense because this was the only wand I tried out that didn't explode I tried casting magic, but that isn't it, not really. I've had to be strong, not just for myself, but for others around me too, and I've had to learn new strengths. Professor Powell's paper is kind of a trick question, you know; its not so much the 'weighing of the wands' he's looking for, its the measure of the witch or wizard whom wields it."

amo10690

Cara MiaKitty

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:59 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Relieved
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceElliott shrugged. "Wandlore is... complicated. I don't think anyone really understands it, not even master wandmakers. But, the general thought is, wands choose users who suit them; if their personalities are in sync, they'll work well together. It's almost like it's sentient... And it's not just the wood and core, those're just the parts I know a bit about. It's also the length, and the flexibility and the... texture, I guess? The way it's carved, I mean. Those all have something to do with a wand's personality. My brother always said he figures that the wand is in tune with itself, so it can tell when it's come in contact with someone whose energy compliments its own." He had to hand it to Kenneth, the guy could be a bit of an idiot sometimes, but he was also weirdly wise in some ways. Elliott had never really heard, or even read, an explanation for wands that seemed quite so accurate. "Basically, magic is energy. Energy resonates. Your wand resonates at a certain frequency, and when it 'met' you, your energy and its... harmonized. Like music." He smiled at her, handing her wand back to her carefully, flipping it over so that she could grab the handle. His father had always taught him that it was proper etiquette to offer someone the handle of a wand, or a blade. If you handed it to them point-first, it was a threat. Or at the very least, rude. He then took his own wand out. "Mine's Hazel and Hippogriff feather, 12 inches. Hazel wands need users who're really in tune with their emotions, because they're empathic. Like, if I lost my temper and someone else touched it, it might discharge the energy it took from my anger and hurt them. Plus, they're very loyal- some wizard families hand wands down rather than buying new ones. But mine would probably never be able to be handed down, because since I'm its master, when I die, it will wilt. They could change the core, but it'd still lack a fair bit of power." He paused, expression growing thoughtful. "My core, on the other hand... works well with emotional users. Anger would make it stronger in a duel, compassion would make a healing spell more effective. So, the two together seem contradictory. But it's really that they work well for someone who feels strongly, but can control it." He grinned widely at this. Never let it be said he didn't have hidden depths, right? He knew that sometimes he came off as really emotionless, like a robot or something, but it was really just that he was in control. Not that he didn't feel, he was just careful with how he expressed it. Which made him pretty good with his wand, really, since he could channel all his energy into his magic.

spaceHe was glad that he'd apparently said the right thing to improve her mood, and hopefully help her not doubt herself so much. Though, again, he couldn't shake the feeling that his words would've had the opposite affect on anyone but her. He smirked faintly. "Well, thanks for putting up with me... I know I'm not easy to be friends with," he told her. He did snicker at her comment on William and Sir Cadogan, nodding in agreement.

spaceHis blush deepened ever so slightly when she introduced him to Dani. He was smart, yes, and certainly smarter than a fair few of their classmates, but he didn't know about being the brightest per say. Besides that, from her it wasn't a statement of fact, it was a compliment, which he really wasn't used to getting. Still, it was appreciated. He knew Ari at least believed it to be true. "Nice to meet you," he said. He nodded in agreement with the older girl's assessment that they didn't teach much about wandlore early on. He thought it was somewhat surprising that people didn't know more about their wands, given how important they were, but he supposed it was just a matter of people taking them for granted. Muggles didn't really appreciate the marvel that was a computer, why should wizards be any different? He did appreciate her comment on what the essay was about. "Well, it's probably supposed to be... I dunno, insightful. He can't really expect us to know enough about wands to make a truly accurate determination on why our wand chose us. More like, we can look up the information on the wand, and say "Yeah, that sounds like me, I guess that's why we fit." Or something like that," he said with a shrug. "Like people reading up on their astrological sign. They read the page, and enough of it hits the right notes that they can see themselves in it. Makes you think about what you're like as a person. Introspective."

User Image

amo10690

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 am
User Image

Arianna listened carefully as Elliot explained just how complicated wands were. She had no idea so many things affected the relationship of the wand itself. She still felt slightly fuzzy on all of it until he told her about the wand energy and how it resonates. Suddenly like a light switch being flipped she understood. She nodded vigorously at Elliot. "Okay I think I get it know. Can I use that sentence in my essay?" She asked as she reached across the table and grabbed her wand. She held it for a moment staring at the maple wood in amazement.

As Elliot explained his own wand Ari set hers carefully down next to her homework. "You have a pretty rare combination, right?" She asked as she tried to think of who else had a Hippogriff feather core and Hazel wand. After her Ravenclaw friend explained how the wood and core worked and she now understood why it would be a rare combination. Ari soon found herself giggling. "Well that wand does make sense. You never show emotion!"

She grinned back at her friend's smirk taking it sarcastically. "Oh of course! I mean someone has to put up with you right?" She fought the urge to reach over and ruffle up his hair or call him Ellie at that moment just to tease him but she managed to just smirk back at him.

After all the introductions were made both of her friends jumped to her help continuing to explain their own wands and the importance of learning wandlore. She felt slightly embarrassed for her slight tantrum earlier about not thinking the subject was important. Of course her wand was important she couldn't be a witch without it. She was truly grateful for her friends for showing her that.

Care MiaKitty
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:19 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani listened along to Elliot's explanation, finding it made sense to her. It also made her think again of the girl whom shared the boat with her on the first night they were here, Bianca Tristaine, whom expressed her desire even then to be a wandmaker. Dani really never saw her again much past the first couple months of her First Year, and she wondered from time to time what happened to her.

"Magic resonates, like music, I like that. Makes sense too. If stereo equipment isn't set properly you get feedback which can damage the speakers and your hearing. Explains why the first wands I tried exploded too. Obviously those wands couldn't be attuned to my magic, and the resulting feedback destroyed them."

Dani chuckled along with Elliot at Ari's comment on William and Sir Cadogan, easily picturing the epic bragging competition there would be between the two of them.

As Elliot agreed with her thought on what the paper's true purpose was, Dani thought, 'Wait till they get to the class on the Philosopher's Stone in Third Year. I'd be curious to know his answer to Professor Grayson's question there.' Dani smiled when Ari playfully teased her friend, and then asked, "So, you have any other questions there?"

amo10690

Cara MiaKitty

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Relieved
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceElliott blinked oddly when she asked if she could use the line in her paper, but then shrugged. "Sure, I don't mind. If you can find a way to work it in, it's fine with me," he told her, glad that he'd managed to help. He sent a silent thank you to his brother for being the one to make the observation, and thought that maybe he should give his brother more credit sometimes. Kenneth wasn't always the brightest bulb in the lamp, but... well, he certainly wasn't an idiot, like some people thought. The compliment from Dani made him grin, mostly because she seemed like a fairly smart person, so if he'd put it a way she hadn't thought of, that was a pretty good thing, right? He winced sympathetically when she said a lot of the wands she'd tried had exploded, nodding. "I had a similar problem... I think the attendant at the shop had a hard time reading me. If the wand wasn't making something fall over or catch fire, it didn't do a thing. Took forever to find one that suited me," he said with a nod.

spaceAri's comment that his combination must be rare was met with another shrug, mostly because he didn't really know if that were the case or not. He didn't make wands, after all. "I'm not really sure if it's rare or not... I guess it seems like it would be, given that the combination takes such a... specific sort of personality to match it." He scowled faintly at her statement that he rarely showed emotion, but he knew she was joking and tried to take it in stride. "I think that depends... is annoyance an emotion? Pretty sure I show that on a fairly regular basis," he said dryly, thinking that wasn't the best impression to leave on the upperclassmen, but not really caring. It wasn't that he was some cold, emotionless person... he just didn't wear his heart on his sleeve. Her statement that someone had to put up with him was met with a faux-hurt expression, and he very dramatically laid his hand over his heart. "You wound me," he declared emphatically. But, the expression dropped after a second, and he laughed. He was pretty sure Ari was about the only person who ever brought out his playful side... outside of his brother, of course. And even with Kenneth, it was rare. But, then, he was stuck with his brother. Ari was his friend. It was different. Not much, but enough.

User Image

amo10690

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~15|Fifth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo walked into the library, meeting up with his buddy ax to do a little bit of out of class studying...mainly because since Ax was a fourth year, he could possibly give him some insight on what exactly he's learning at that point, for Iñigo had the slightest trouble remembering fourth and below. He remembered some, but not all...and he figured Ax would help him with that a bit. Maybe they would go out to the lake again and practice some application...which is of course how the two met in the first place. A spell went awry and Ax just happened to get caught in the crossfires. It really called for an interesting story that both of them will laugh about for awhile. Well...even at that moment they were still laughing about it.

He walked up to a table and sat down, wondering where the kid was. Of course, he wasn't even late, but Iñigo had gotten so used to Lexine quite frankly, that he almost half-expected everyone to be early. But, not everyone was like his very punctual girlfriend. In fact, there wasn't many people like her at all, which was one of the many reasons why he really liked her.

Waiting at the table, he got all of his stuff ready...not really knowing what to do in the meantime.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

(OOC: Sorry about the lateness. Had a lot to do today. -_-)
Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:19 pm
User Image

User Image

”Heya mate,” Axel rounded about a bookcase and shuffled down the aisle, his shoes and robes dragging across the floor with every step. Under his arm, he carried a few textbooks and notebooks, and a ruck sack swung around his opposite shoulder. ”Great game by the way, I saw you play, bloody impressive hits.... Too bad we won though.” He grinned cockily, positively brimming with smugness as he settled into the seat across from his Ravenclaw friend and dropped his belongings on the desk around him. He was ready to study, he definitely needed it after years of goofing off and not paying attention, and he knew Inigo needed it, with his OWL's looming right around the corner. As much as studying sucked, at least he wouldn't get sucker punched with a spell again. ”So, I brought a bunch of different textbooks from different years, mostly the core classes, 'cos I'm not sure what electives you're taking, but before we do any of that rubbish, I've got a few chocolate frogs, want a few?” He offered briefly, his arm outstretched and digging through his rucksack only to toss a few cards on the table, swiping one for himself and ripping into its packaging to snatch the enchanted amphibian inside. It wasn't like he actively tries to procrastinate, it just...sort of happens. ”So how're you and Lexine?” He questioned, shortly before ripping his teeth into the chocolate frog and turning it over to find Dymphna Furmage, the witch who'd been abducted by pixies.

[OOC: ]

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
≎╬══→ Fourth Year ←══╬≎
Study Area with Inigo
Dressed in: Grffindor Pride
14 yrs Ψ 5'6" Ψ 146lbs
╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

RedEagleEye007

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games