Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Taikou Mitsuakai

Fashionable Paladin

9,400 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:33 pm
Hi! My name is Jayne, but you guys can call me Audi.

1. I have three cats, Sally and her two kits Oliver and Selvester
2. I like alot of verses from the Bible, but I would have to say that Matthew 24:30-31.
3. My favorite book of the Bible is Revelations
4. I go to a Baptist church, but I cannot say that I'm a Baptist specifically because I like to dance! (no pun intended blaugh )
5. USA, but sometimes I really don't like the place...
6. I have three favorite colors: Purple, Pink, and Blue
7. I am a student at a community college and I work at the church for the childrens minister at my church on tuesdays.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm
Sup Sup!

My name is Hazuki and I'm an East Coast kid in the U.S. of A. I have three cats - Paris, Nightlite, and LucanAsherTozerSmithAulenbach or "Lu" for short (he's my baby 4laugh ) all of which are rescues. Paris though.... she's a little crazy. I can sort of understand why she was abandoned - I love her though and I'm glad to have my awesome family of cats!

I am non-non-denominational. Ironically the non-denominational title has become somewhat of a denomination these days haha rolleyes I consider myself a lover of Christ and a Bible freaky chick. I am by not, never ever ever never ever ever never theological. Even the title "Christian" weirds me out due to the fact that so many who call themselves one have little or no connection to Jesus' lifestyle at all. I have a love for pure, unadulterated, untempered with truth. And man, does God give it to us in his Word. Have ya ever noticed just how raw he and Jesus get at times? No apologies from either of them, that's for sure. That trio rips you apart in the most beautiful way just to piece you into a masterpiece you never knew could exist.

I am a Youth With A Mission missionary who recently returned from a two month assignment in India *woot woot* It was kick as........... kick butt, lol. If that adventure taught me anything, it's that our God definitely is the only all-powerful loving God who definitely was and is and is to come. BOOM!

The Book of Hosea definitely grips at my heart. Man, it's just so overwhelming the lengths God goes to for those he loves. I also have Nehemiah 9:17-18 tattooed on my ankle - no, I do not have it memorized. What I do know from my heart is that it is an anthem for the relationship between God and man (really, the whole Bible is that anthem, but ya know what I mean). It's kind of like "Dude, no matter how many times you jack up the wave, the waves will keep on comin. There's nothin you can do to stop that divine flow." I.e. we can be idiot humans, but His love and mercy still rocks us every day without fail.

MAN! I'm a little psyched for a bit of conversation here in this guild. whee Thanks for your time, eh?

Hazuki "Abital", over and out  

Abital

Invisible Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:40 am
Welcome Hazuki! :3 I admire the missionary work you do. Keep up the good work. Hopefully, one day in my life I can go travel too.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:25 am
Good morning :3

My name is Stephanie or Stephie, up to you what you call me 3nodding
I'm 24 years old, and attending college full time right now. Working towards an AAS in Web Design and Development.... so much technical stuff to learn @-@

I don't really have a favorite verse or book because even though Ive been raised on the Christian faith since day 1, Ive never really taken the time to read the bible in its entirety. I am working on that though, as I am in a Bible Study group that I randomly found by sitting with a girl at lunch one day because the cafeteria was full. Love how that works blaugh

I live in the United States, but hoping to live in Canada or Europe someday 3nodding

Aaaaand my favorite color is pink or orange. I also love sushi x]  

Salted Lemon

Salty Admirer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 am
Welcome new people! ^^ I hope the guild will be a good experience for you.
Don't hesitate to use the forums, come with suggestions or participate in debates. No need to be shy! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:17 am
Greetings. My name is Jorge, I'm from Miami.

1. I have a dog named Honey, but I don't like her very much.
2. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Matthew 5:6
3. Between James and Ecclesiastes
4. Non denominational.
5. USA
6. Violet
7. I'm an unemployed student, but I like telling people that I'm a musician; I play guitar in my church's worship group.

Alfred Muffin

Distinct Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:22 pm
Samuel from Miami. I did not expect for another Floridian. lol

I have no pets. I attend a Baptist Church. Usa. I'm unemployed currently. Um, brown, red, green, blue, and purple are my favorite colors. Favorite books is either Hebrews or Romans. Favorite verse is Seek ye first the kingdom of god and all will be added unto you.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm
i the name I've invented for myself online is Nana Murasaki.
Nana means 7 and it's God's number in the Bible, and Murasaki means purple. My real name means purple too. Both are in Japanese.
I'm from Mexico City, I'm 26. I was born and raised in a christian traditionalist family. My grandpa was and my dad and uncle are pastors.
I grew appart during highschool and came back as the prodigal son once did. That's why this parable is very important for me.
I'm doing a masters degree and I work as an English teacher for paying my school. My native language is Spanish and I've been learning a bit of japanese recently. I've been a Gaian for several years now, and well my main aim is to meet Christian friends online and to edificate each other in Christ. Feel free to send me PMs or to post in my profile to chat.  

mnemosynne artz

Super Junior

Arkenova

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm
1. Name your pets: Sammy, Cleo, Nikki, Lilly, Chiech and Binx,
2. List your favorite Bible verse:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only beloved Son; that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life,"

That verse is the core verse that I remembered. I learned it when I was only eight years old and I was in Awana. Since then, it has stuck itself within the depths of my spirit and I will never forget it.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Psalms: The Book of Songs and Proverbs: The Book of Wisdom

4. Your denomination/beliefs: Conservative Christian (raised as Baptist)
5. The name of your country: USA
6. Your favorite color: Purple

7. Your occupation: I don't work a job. I am mostly home with my mother and my sister with our animals out in the country and my job while being alive is being a Christian. I do have plans for college but the situation is tough in terms of money.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 am
ca adam
Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the guild, so I'd like to introduce myself.

First off, everyone here is welcome to call me Candie.

1. I have two cats that are sisters. They're kind of spoiled, but super sweet.
2. 2 Peter 3:9
3. Oh boy... that's a toughie. I probably like Luke the most.
4. I am a Christian, but am currently going to Catechism to learn about the Catholic Church.
5. I live in the US of A.
6. Magenta.
7. I am a student, but I've had so many jobs that I can't pick an occupation. whee

Hello and welcome to the guild! smile
Thank you for joining! Do you have a favorite job?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 am
Hamul
Hello all. Let me make a proper Introduction here. My name is Matt.

1) I have a Golden Retriever named Dakota.
2) May I say all?
3) I like them all, to be honest. X)
4) I'm Christian.
5) Live in America.
6) Sky Blue.
7) Clerk- Manager. Teacher's Aide.

smile Hello Matt. Thank you for joining.
That is what I say as well when people ask me what my denomination is.
Share some of the verses with us!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 am
Guardian of the Sky
HI! I guess I"ll tell y'all my name. I'm Jessica. :O Not sure how I got found to be invited here but looks cool smile Always up for new Christians and new friends to be around xD
Name your pets My pet died a few weeks ago.
2. List your favorite Bible verse Matthew 7:7 and 8
3. List your favorite book of the Bible I don't got a favorite :O
4. Your denomination/beliefs Jesus is Lord. I am not a fan of denonomations.
5. The name of your country UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
6. Your favorite color green
7. Your occupation I work in a grocery store.

Hello and welcome Jessica!
That would be my doing. I browse a lot, through guild, through the CB etc, so that may have been how I came across your name. smile
Hard work. I work at a gas station so I know to some degree how it is to work with people selling food.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 am
Mishchah
Hi! nice to meet you all 3nodding
umm.. I'm a shy girl and I've decided to keep my irl identity private, so :

2. List your favorite Bible verse
the newest fave is : all of Psalms 97

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
in chronologic order:
Revelation, and Daniel, and then Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, and Isaiah and Jeremiah, and Lamentations, but i'm currently in love with Psalms

4. Your denomination/beliefs
umm..i don't know what is my denom in english equivalent sweatdrop

5. The name of your country
I won't tell directly, but I live in this location described in this verse:

(Isaiah 42:10-11-12)
10Sing to the Lord a new song,
his praise from the ends of the earth,
you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it,
you islands, and all who live in them.
11Let the desert and its towns raise their voices;
let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.
Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
let them shout from the mountaintops.
12Let them give glory to the Lord
and proclaim his praise in the islands.

6. Your favorite color
colours of the skies

7. Your occupation
a multitasking creative staff

, and just call me according to my gaia name xd

It is nice to meet you too Mishchah! smile Can be a safe thing to do. You never know on the net what intentions people have.

What kind of things do you create? smile If I am being intrusive with my questions I am sorry. Trying to get to know my members.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 am
GemmaL
Hello everyone - nice to be here heart Please call me Gemma or Gem, whichever you prefer.

It's hard to find favourite books of the Bible - for it is truly alive! My life verse is:
2 Tim 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
I have learnt so much from Proverbs and Psalms. Well I guess I could write something about most books - love it all!

The family cat - 17 years old - named Fluffy, but she is called Fluffette mostly..lol.

I'm Australian. I live in the outback far from towns and cities. Nice biggrin

I am part of Lighthouse Fellowship. We are Pentecostal. A small group, we are more like family. It is hard to find fellowship out here, and we are grateful for what we have. We travel for outreaches - it's always fun!

From when I can first remember I have loved the colour yellow, what a happy sight is a field of sunflowers! I also love blue - our sky is always azure blue!

I do a number of things. Just coming to the end of doing peoples taxes - can be quite challenging at times. I write pamplets and such. Always busy, a good thing!

Can't think of anything else at this time.

Nice to have you in our guild Gem! smile It can be hard sometimes to find a group of believers to have fellowship with, so it is awesome that you have found on.
I live in the sticks myself, it is nice in some ways. You have the nature; forest ocean, mountains to enjoy that you would never have living in the city. It is great. The only downside is that it is a bot far to travel to get to the grocery store. It is great to have things to do!
I hope you will enjoy being in this guild.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Mishchah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm
Garland-Green

It is nice to meet you too Mishchah! smile Can be a safe thing to do. You never know on the net what intentions people have.

What kind of things do you create? smile If I am being intrusive with my questions I am sorry. Trying to get to know my members.

It's alright, xp
i do some graphic design espc. making catalogues; also i do some illustration doodling but more as a hobby; although i don't have confidence in my art: i only draw what i like and people don't seem to like what i like *rambles goes on* crying

boohoo i really want to be able to do art as my sidejob, but whatever His plan i will follow, so i'm grateful enough sweatdrop  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games