Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chaotic Multiverse Theory

Back to Guilds

An archive of (presently on-going) crazy role-playing with a severe disregard for the laws of physics and the 4th wall. 

Tags: Digimon, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist 

Reply Trans-Dimensional Library (RP Archive)
[Migrated] Pokemon - Soaring Legends Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:38 pm
The Metapod and Kakuna, while not completely immobile, were nowhere near fast enough to evade Black Blaze's fire attacks. The Venonat fared only slightly better, but was no less weak to fire. Once the second Bug Catcher was beaten he reluctantly allowed Shiro and Crystal to continue on their way, all the while bemoaning his defeat. Hopefully the next challenge would be something a little more interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:41 pm
Shiro nodded in thanks to the trainer, smiling a bit, while recalling black Blaze with a 'good job' and praises abound, before moving to the next area, frowning when seeing how difficult it looked in figuring out, so he just hopped onto the next cart to see where it'd take him next with minor ammounts of amusement as he pondered to himself things in general, namely his nightmares, as well as his strategy beyond Bugsy and all.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 pm
The next obstacle to block Shiro's path was, of course, a pair of twins using a Ledian and an Ariados respectively. The twin trainers also had a Butterfree and a Beedrill for their reserve team so the two would definitely pose much more of a challenge than the couple of Bug Catcher's Shiro had battled against thus far.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:11 pm
Shiro of course was the type to not give in, besides, he knew he had things going, once the Beedrill and Butterfree were out, he pulled out his own two pokeballs "come on out, Black Blaze, Kazekiri!" with that, his Pidgeot and Shiny charmander had shown up, and the battle begun with fervor, especially with Kazekiri and Black Blaze teaming up on attacks, and even doing a couple of combo moves (Fire Spin into Brave Bird after Kazekiri uses Steel Wing? ow.) that were really interesting to pull off, showing he had -some- competence when it came to a double battle.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:19 pm
The Butterfree and Beedrill team went down in a singed heap from the dual onslaught from Black Blaze and Kazekiri. The two unconscious bug types were recalled by their respective trainer as the twins began to pout about their defeat. Having defeated the twins, Shiro now had a clear path to Bugsy himself.

"Looks like we're finally ready for the main event," Crystal mused while finally unhooking Fluffy's pokeball from her belt since, as Snowy had mentioned, he might like to watch his offspring in battle. With that in mind, Crystal let out her Charizard to accompany them the rest of the way through the Azalea City Gym.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 pm
Shiro nodded, while letting out Nightblade himself as the Absol just proceeded to follow Crystal and Fluffy while Shiro was watching for Bugsy, so they could get ready, he already planned to not use NightBlade, but the two two he did use would be Black Blaze, and if need be, Kazekiri as he took a deep breath, his nerves starting to show if the slightly shaky hands were any indication, but he managed to keep himself from fleeing at least right off the bat.

Nightblade watched Shiro for a bit before whispering to Crystal "he's a bit Jittery, is it because of his.. problems... socially, do you think?" he asked concernedly, given while he knew Shiro hated to be in public given his founded fears of being captured out of nowhere by the likes of Team Rocket and all, or the nigh-wars he's had with the other criminal organizations, so on. "hopefully he doesn't pull what he pulled back at the cabin when he got too nervous or stressed out..."  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:23 pm
"I don't think that's necessarily the problem he's having here," Crystal replied. It wasn't like Azalea Town was a particularly bustling town. And besides that, the Gym was built as an indoor forest. Sure, Shiro was socially awkward around other trainers, but the trainers here were mostly bug catchers who didn't care much for small talk anyway. Crystal figured Shiro was probably getting nervous about facing the actual Gym Leader after going through all those cleverly hidden Gym Trainers that had gotten in his way. And if Shiro did try to make a run for it, Crystal had a good mind to drop her shiny Gigalith on him.

"Ah, so I see we actually have a strong challenger today," Bugsy spoke up as they finally reached him at the center of the Gym. Of course, with his voice and manner of dress, Bugsy could be easily mistaken for a girl, but Crystal had met him before and knew better. "Ah, Crystal-chan, it's been a long time."

"Yep, just got back from the Unova Region several weeks ago," Crystal replied with a casual smile. "Shiro is making the rounds taking the Gym Leader Challenge here in Johto so I'm tagging along to visit my old stomping grounds."

"I don't suppose you've brought that shiny Beedrill with you," Bugsy inquired.

"Sorry, no, I didn't even think to rotate her onto my team while we were at the Pokemon Center," Crystal answered. "But, if you like, once you guys are done with your match, you're welcome to join us and I can arrange a meeting for you."

"I might have to take you up on that," Bugsy replied with a broad grin, clearly excited at the prospect of getting to examine such a rare bug type pokemon. But, since he was still on the clock as Gym Leader, Bugsy put on a more professional face and looked to Shiro. "So then, you're the challenger whose been beating all my Gym Trainers, huh? This could be a fun and interesting match."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:22 am
Shiro watched the interactions with the Gym Leader and Crystal, slowly calming down, the atmosphere not as tense before thankfully as he mentally had to slap himself a few times to get himself together before giving a smile, and it wasn't a cocky smile, just one of his small 'true' smiles, that usually are mistaken for smirks, even though they're not "that i am... i've trained quite a bit around the other regions, but this is my first time going full blown competitive in the Gym Challenge and the possible League Tournament after."

Nightblade just headtilted to Crystal's words, and shrugged, he also had plans on pouncing on him and sitting on him to make him stay if need be. "well, probably once he gets into things he'll be alright. least he's not like some people who can't stand bugs and run away in fear of em." he snickered in his own way after saying that, given he had witnessed a few trainers actually fleeing sometimes from mere weedles, catterpie's, so on, and while it's justified in the likes of Scyther or Pinsir, running away from small worms was hilarious.

Shiro had heard the mentions from Nightblade, and just shook his head mentally "anyway, what's the rules for this Gym challenge, Bugsy?" he decided to ask curiously, given it -had- been a long time since he had done the Gym Challenge of Johto, so he didn't remember -every- detail of the Johto league, except for types at least.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:00 am
"The rules here are simple," Bugsy replied. "We'll both battle using up to four pokemon, but as always only the challenger is permitted to make substitutions during the battle. I'll start with Metapod!" And with that, he tossed a Net Ball to reveal the aforementioned bug type pokemon. His Metapod was notably larger than other Metapod that Shiro may have encountered on his journey as it was much more experienced and had been kept from evolving deliberately to capitalize on its superior physical defense.

Fluffy snorted mildly at Nightblade's commentary. "With me around Crystal has never had anything to fear from bug type pokemon, but she still wasn't particularly keen on meeting a swarm of Durant in the Unova Region. I'll admit, though, those things do hit pretty damn hard for bug types and they're scary fast too."

Crystal decided to ignore that comment. It wasn't her fault that Durant also happened to look pretty demonic as far as pokemon go.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:35 pm
Shiro just calmed down a bit, well, more like mentally shoving back his nervousness before closing his eyes, taking off a black flame stylized pokeball from his belt, letting his eyes open again and sharpening into a look that made him look as his serious fight mode, that Crysta'ls seen him use from time to time against Team Rocket "alright, then i choose you, my son! Go, Black Blaze!" with that, he flung the pokeball out to the field, revealing his Shiny Charmander who took up a fighting stance. "let's win this daddy!" he called out, with a nod from Shiro agreeing in that assessment.

Nightblade raised an eyebrow at the focus Shiro had now, though it seemed odd that he was reaching back to his pack.. and nabbing... an MP3 player? now this made the Shiny Absol facepaw "oh great... now i know what he's gonna use to keep that focus... then again, music has always calmed him down even in battle. lord knows he's used this method a few times in gyms.." he muttered loud enough for crystal to hear, as Shiro put the MP3 Player on randomize, and then popped an ear-bud into his left ear.

Shiro of course waited a moment, once the music started, the slight twitches in his muscles and even fingers suddenly went slack, relaxing as he lowered his head a bit, getting into the song "... Black Blaze, start with Sunny Day!" he called out, the Charmander looking back with a raised eyebrow, but nodded a bit and focused and unleashing a large pulse orf heat, which would make things seem hotter, especially if the sun was showing in the gym, the sun bearing down hotly for a bit.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:10 pm
Crystal didn't find it at all strange that Shiro was using this particular method of keeping himself calm in battle. She'd seen it plenty of times how Shiro seemed to focus better while listening to music. Fluffy, meanwhile, was watching Black Blaze with a look of paternal pride. After all, although the shiny Charmander might view Shiro as its father, it was, in fact, one of Fluffy's offspring.

Bugsy didn't seem terribly worried about Black Blaze using Sunny Day. "In that case, we'll start with Iron Defense and then go into a Tackle and a String Shot!"

His Metapod's shell glittered with a metallic sheen as its defense rose even higher than it would have by simply using a standard Harden to buff itself. Then, with astonishing speed for a Metapod, it flung itself toward Black Blaze to ram into the shiny Charmander while spewing the sticky threads of its String Shot toward him at the same time to slow him down.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:37 pm
Shiro raised an eyebrow at the surprising speed of the Metapod, but as he hit a good spot in the music, he started headbopping before actually snapping his fingers together suddenly "Black Blaze, Defense Curl the tackle, then Fire Punch from point blank!" he called out, Black Blaze gave off a smile, before jumping up and curling up as best as possible into a ball to take the tackle, sure he was hit hard by the metapod, but he rebounded despite the string shot annoyingly slowing him down ,and aimed a clawed fist igniting on fire to punch Metapod straight between the eyes "time to feel the heat!" Charmander called out.

Nightblade continued watching while nodding at the tactics, they seem pretty typical for Shiro, lower damage when possible and counter attack with weaknesses if need be. "that Metapod's a fast little blighter, i'll admit... it'd probably give everyone of Shiro's less trained pokemon a good bit of trouble... though if he had Blazewing... that poor Metapod wouldn't stand a -chance-." he said, shuddering, remembering the times he -had- trained with that Blaziken, it was next to impossible to handle sometimes, especially when it used a Chain Combo of Sky Uppercut into Blaze Kick, Acrobatics into Focus Blast, then finally grab while still in air for Seismic Toss and following down the thrown mon into Flame Charge, the Phoenix Burst Combo, as Shiro loved to call it. "crazy a**... Phoenix Burst..." he mumbled while shaking his head a bit.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 pm
Although the Metapod had given its defense a massive boost with Iron Defense, the Fire Punch was still more than enough to bring it down. Bugsy recalled the bug type pokemon and readied his next pokeball, another Net Ball, the perfect type of pokeball for the capture and storage of bug type pokemon. It was also useful for water types, but that wasn't Bugsy's area of expertise with the possible exception of Surskit if he ever managed to capture one. "Alright, now I'll send out Kakuna!" Bugsy declared unleashing his second pokemon. "Use Poison Sting!" Bugsy wasn't wasting any time with having his Kakuna raise its defenses, exploiting the fact that Black Blaze had already been slowed by Metapod's String Shot to have Kakuna deliver a barrage of the needle-like poisonous barbs to capitalize on the chance to possibly poison the shiny Charmander to weaken him further.

Crystal could easily see through Bugsy's strategy. He was buying time for his later pokemon by stalling with Metapod and Kakuna, while also giving most opponents a false sense of security before going into his heavy hitters to crank up the heat. It was a good strategy, nothing less than was to be expected from a Gym Leader whose main purpose was to educate new trainers while also providing them with a challenge suitable to their level. It wouldn't work so well against Shiro, however, as he wasn't actually a new trainer and his pokemon were a bit more experienced than Bugsy's usual fair when it came to challengers. Still, it would definitely pose a challenge if Shiro intended to keep Black Blaze on the field.

"Why don't we focus on the match at hand," Fluffy suggested to Nightblade as he seemed to be getting a bit agitated by the unpleasant memory of training with Shiro's Blaziken. Blazewing sounded like he might make an interesting opponent, but Fluffy decided to leave it at that. Besides that, if Shiro wasn't presently keeping his Blaziken on hand, then it was probably one of his pokemon that was no longer obedient toward him for the time being, at least until Shiro gets some more badges under his belt.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 am
Shiro winced as the stings went in and hit Charmander outright, a sickly purple glow coming from Black Blaze as the charmander shivered, and it's flame dimmed a bit ~poison.. damn! guess i'll have to use a different combo for the next pokemon.~ he thought to himself, looking worried over Charmander "Black Blaze, Flame Charge to get rid of the string shot and raise your speed back up, then switch to Facade!" Black Blaze teetered a bit, but nodded, as the flames started blazing around the shiny Charmander's body, before not only removingthe String Shot, but also gaining a bit of a speed boost to launch at Kakuna and aim the glowing purple claw right for it's shell, the glowing purple claw accentuating Facade's increased strength due to Black Blaze being poisoned.

Nightblade had shuddered, snapping out of his thoughts at Fluffy's mention of the battle, and then watches as things progress, raising an eyebrow in surprise "huh, i rarely see Shiro use Status effects against people like that, normally he tries to dish them out to make things easier for him, then go for the Type weaknesses with precision. though on occaision i did see him use a type disadvantage to his advantage, it wasn't often."  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:03 pm
Bugsy's Kakuna went down even more quickly than his Metapod as Bugsy then prepared his third pokeball to send his next pokemon into battle. "Alright, no more fooling around. My next pokemon will be Heracross!"

His Heracross materialized on the battlefield in front of Black Blaze, looking ready to fight. "Start with Iron Defense, then use Megahorn!" His Heracross did so, his shell shining brightly as he sharply raised his physical defense, and then charged at the shiny Charmander with its horn glowing with power.  
Trans-Dimensional Library (RP Archive)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff