Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Yu-gi-oh! Destiny Draw! ~ Opened! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Get your game on!
  Yea I'll throw down a face down!
  Um no thanks I don't play. (that's why I made the rp open for those who don't)
  Are you crazy?!. (o3o like a fox)
View Results

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm
"Well, there are the HERO decks as well as Decks that use monsters either banished or in the graveyard to power up specific monsters and then there are decks that revolve around swarming and summoning powerful monsters quickly." Jasper stated simply.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm
"Thank you... Whatever your name is.", Reiko sighs. She stares at the class, wondering how to get them talking more so she didn't have to.

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:15 pm
"You're welcome Ms. What'syourface." Jasper said cheerily.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:19 pm
"The Archfiend deck is based around it's effects," Mashira said as she tensed when Christoph sat down next to her.

"Pfeh the prophecy deck is based almost entirely on monster effects," Kikala said appearing completely uninterested in the subject, instead half-glaring at the teacher.  

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 pm
"Oh oh Gamblers decks are based on luck and Infernity are most useful when you have no cards in your hand. Kinda an Anti Slifer." He said with a bit of a laugh his old man uses that type of deck and was rather hard when it came to dueling.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:40 pm
She wasn't really sure why the class was bringing up archetypes, since multiple archetypes can use the same type of effect strategies, just go about it differently based on how their archetype plays. At their core effects did one of very few things, and the archetype itself didn't matter besides creating an easily identifiable fine tuned deck.
"The easiest identifiable effect involves special summoning extra monsters somehow. This can run in a wide variety of decks, and strategies, whether it's to swarm the board with lots of monsters, create perfect windows for XYZ or Synchro summoning, or setting up combos. Another is the lockdown, which is usually negating card effects, negating summons, destroying cards, or discarding cards from the enemy hand. This effect in general receives the most negative implications for using it as it locks the opponent out of whatever their deck is designed to do. Other effects would be altering attack or defense points, lifepoints, or searching out other cards for strategies.
In the case of archetypes, their effects tend to focus on a particular aspect of effects, and create a myriad of ways to create advantages through that. HERO decks for example use a combination of swarming and special summoning as their primary goal, with a sub goal of altering attack points, and keeping the opponent's board relatively empty to ensure their cards are able to attack. Archfiends originally were based around negating effects with powerful monsters, but has since evolved to have a stronger board control and card advantage mechanic, while still keeping the brutal attacking style. Prophecy uses spell cards and a few monsters to generate very powerful board advantagesm with minimal effort on card strain. the chance style cards are alterable but span across all types of effects. No archetype can focus on a single aspect effectively as it will run out of things to do, and archetypes weren't part of the question."

(I'm not one to do this often, but if it'll get things moving, I'll use a little bit of my knowledge of trading card games to push things along. I'm sure most everyone is more interested in dueling than in classes anyway.)  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 pm
Reiko stares at Maya for a moment before speaking, "Exactly." She glances at the clock and sighs, "As much as it saddens me to say it, but class is almost over.", she is quite obviously not saddened by this, "I want you all to prepare an effect deck you wouldn't normally use and be prepared to possibly duel with them next time." As soon as she finishes speaking, the bell rings.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 am
Ivan yawned as he continued to prepare for the next Fusions class. It was a real fun area for him to teach, because while most actively sought to create decent decks based around the practice of Fusion, Ivan had built a deck to counter Fusions. Add to that his Co-Teacher's deck focused primarily on Fusions, and they had a fairly balanced course, or so Ivan liked to think.  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:30 am
Maya got up from her seat, sighing a little. She was considering skipping the fusion class to research card effects for the class. It probably wasn't fair to most since building a deck that you wouldn't normally use, didn't really affect her. She walked her way down to Reiko. "I, don't think I can do that." She said. "I don't think I can make a deck that is worth playing that I wouldn't already consider playing."  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
"I said make one you wouldn't normally play, not one you wouldn't play.", Reiko sighs. She glances down at the drawer her bottle of sake was hidden, hoping the kids would leave soon so she could drink a little.

Arika silently slips out of the classroom and tries to stealthily go back to the dorm. Unfortunately for her, Silent and Ignis weren't having that as they pushed and shoved her towards the next class.

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 am
Mashira stood and left with a dignified yet hurried exit to get out of that room, and to her next class, as well as away from Cristoph not sure why the boy was there and not wanting to take any chances. She immediately headed for her next class not wanting to get stopped in the hall by anyone at that point in time.

Kikala scoffed a bit and relaxed in her chair, not moving, she didn't feel like going to her next class just then. She closed her eyes and decided to take a nap.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:26 pm
Al headed to the fusion class thinking to him self about using her deck in tomorrows class. It'd make sense since he normally would not use it but it was well worth playing. he smiled lightly as he placed his hand into her pocket gently rubbing the card box.  

Devilking07

Wealthy Smoker

3,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm
Elton walked to his class and sat by his desk putting his feet on the desk. "Yo Ivan ready to teach?" He asked as he put his hands behind his head leaning back on his chair.

(Sorry for not posting for a bit been sick)  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 pm
"Oh, does this mean you were planning on teaching today?" Ivan teased. He liked poking fun at his Co-Teacher, besides, what else was there to do other than explain the varying types and methods of Fusion Summoning?  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm
Maya nodded her head before leaving. If she was with the same classmates who associate archetypes with effects, she could bet that they'd also associate archetypes with fusion styles. She herself didn't do much fusion summoning, early on when she only had a few cards it was something she did often, but with Synchro monsters and XYZ monsters, fusions and ritual monsters had taken a back seat. It should at least be informative as classes go though.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games