Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 9, 9, 6, 6 Total: 37 (6-60)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 pm
"Ah, I- an hour?!" she asked in indignation, cutting off her previous thought and leaving it completely forgotten. "We have no way of knowing when he left. It could have been 5 minutes ago, knowing our luck. We'll have to find our blessing elsewhere I suppose."

And with that she was off again, wandering the city for who knew what, going who knew where. "Uumm... any suggestions on where to look next?"

[Void/Investigation (Search) to stumble upon A Piece of Crane History
4k3 + 2 vs. TN30
2, 5, 9, 9 = 25]  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:31 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 1 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 2 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 4 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 2 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 2 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 2 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 2 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 2 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 1 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 1 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 1 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 1 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

((Rolled twice, once for last round, once for this))

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would, for the most part, remain quiet as she walks now, seemingly embarassed.

"..."

You don't progress in your collection, but you bank a free raise!

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

There would be silence at first in response, but the older man, the vendor, would respond soon enough. "No, Samurai-san. This biwa has not been paid for, and while it is the only one I have at the moment, it is still of suitable quality for your needs, which undoubtedly outweight our own," he would explain.

The young man, Hiro, would nervously stand at attention, though looking down, saying nothing.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Daigotsu Shoichi would follow you out of the temple, walking alongside of you for a bit. When you ask where to look next, he would pause, stopping in the middle of the street to contemplate.

"Hmm... well, we're surrounded by history, right? This city has existed for centuries. Worse comes to worse, we could, I don't know, rip off a piece of someone's home. It wouldn't be too hard, I imagine." Flashing you a smile, he would add, "Himura Kaichiyo-san, I would love the opportunity to show you what I can do; you need only say the word."

You don't find anything yet, but you bank a free raise!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 5, 9, 9, 8, 9, 2, 2, 4 Total: 48 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:04 am
Realizing that Hiro likely had plans for this biwa, Naohiko took time to reflect on what his actual purpose was. "I only actually require this biwa for the duration of the day. If you could see fit to lend me the biwa, I would return it to you as soon as my need for it passed.Would you be amenable to this?"

OOC:
Awareness/ Courtier 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to not place any undue pressure on them...eg let them know he'll take a polite "No."
Dice Chosen:
Total: 27-5 (for raise)=22  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 5, 2, 8 Total: 32 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:46 am
He continued walking for a bit, then looked at Kiyo. "Please, continue if you wish. While I am not he best speaker for my own land, I am enjoying listening to you."

Void/Investigation: 3k2 - 2 Raise spent to lower TN - 17
Target: Something the Emperor would like.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 10, 1, 2, 1 Total: 29 (6-60)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:37 pm
The young princess paused for a moment and looked over her shoulder to try and gauge if the man was serious. Unable to tell at a glance, she thought it best to interject, "No, I would rather you didn't damage our hosts' property in my name..."

She would continue searching, but the endless stretch of this unfathomably large city's streets was merely a drone next to the questions she could no longer hold back. "Daigotsu Shoichi-san, what is it you hope to gain from me? You wish to court me, yet you know nothing about me. Certainly every other samuraiko present here is more beautiful than such an unrefined colonist as I. As the heir to my clan you wouldn't even have the luxury of remaining home, in a Great Clan; and while husband to a Minor Clan Champion is no small honor, anyone with half a colonial history book would know the Yoritomo might wipe us out at any moment. Is the only reason you pursue me the fact that the 11 before me have rejected you?"

[Void/Investigation (Search) to stumble upon A Piece of Crane History
4k3 + 2 vs. TN30
7, 8, 10+2, 1 = 29!? Dammit Shoichi!]  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:57 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 1 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 2 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 2 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 2 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"I-I guess it would be alright..." Hiro would say a bit awkwardly. "I don't n-need it until the new y-year..."

It seems your terms are agreeable, Naohiko! What now?

--------------------

I am editing the initial post for the Scavenger Hunt. Now, 7/10 items will be needed, rather than all 10. You can go for more if you aren't sure if 1 or more won't fly.

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would redden more, and vehemently shake her head no, hair swaying back and forth as she refused to speak.

"..."

You spend 2 raises but fail to make the roll; however, you still get a free banked raise!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi paused, looking flabbergasted, just kind of staring at Kaichiyo like she had just punched him in the gut. "What? Is that what people are saying? Kaichiyo-san, honey, that's not true. I saw you and I fell for you, it's as simple as that." He would hold his arms out at his side openly, in an effort to show his sincerity.

He would then rub the back of his head awkwardly, looking away. "I'm... just not very good at this, y'know? This whole love thing. It's not like there's a guidebook for it." A pause. "...Right?"

But then he would continue. "You really think I haven't considered my options, Kaichiyo-san? That, maybe, I want more from my life than simply being a killer for my lord?"

You don't progress on finding an item, but you bank a free raise!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 8, 7, 8, 1 Total: 40 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:11 pm
"Thank you, I greatly appreciate it." Naohiko would bow in gratitude to Hiro and the merchant. He would carefully take the biwa and give a bu to Hiro and then direct the peasant to use the bu to pay for the biwa, if there were no objections and make his good bye. Naohiko would make a good mental note of the store's location and then would head out ostensibly searching for Moshi Ruri, but also looking at things that could fit the requirements on the way.One item he remembered was something blue and white. As Naohiko was beginning to feel a little peckish, he wondered if there wasn't a dango shop around that would be willing to make him a set containing blue and white dango.

OOC:
Perception/Investigation 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Target: Dango Shop (25)
Dice chosen: 18, 8
Results: 26  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 10, 4, 1, 1 Total: 26 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:27 pm
Kaichiyo gave the bold man a dubious look. If Compassion wasn't a tenet of the Spider's code, there was really nothing to suggest Honesty was a part of it either. Still, it wouldn't be right of her not to give him the benefit of the doubt. He at least sounded sincere.

"There's a book for everything..." she commented off-handedly while trying to process his words and look for potential scavenger hunt items at the same time. "Have you? If you knew who I was before we met yesterday surely you'd know my mother would have accepted you into our ranks ages ago. Whether or not you prove yourself to be a worthy husband seems entirely unrelated to options of that nature."

[Void/Investigation (Search) to stumble upon A Piece of Crane History w/ 2 free raises to reduce TN
4k3 + 2 vs. TN20
7, 3, 10 + 1, 4 = 22]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 2, 8, 7, 6, 10 Total: 42 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 pm
Gendo would regard the smaller Sparrow for a bit, continuing walking. "So, what do you know of the Empire?" He hoped to goad the girl into talking again, as the silence otherwise felt... honestly awkward in this situation.

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 17
Target: Something the Emperor would like.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:18 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 2 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 2 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 4 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Item get!

You're getting good at this! Without much difficulty either, you backtrack to a vendor selling dumplings! A couple people are in line but you should be served in about 2 minutes! Are you okay with the wait?

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Daigotsu Shoichi would give a somewhat forced smile. "You wound me, Himura Kaichiyo-san, but perhaps it is not because you've fallen in love at first sight? Which, I admit, bids poorly for my chances if you are blind to the opportunity before you. No disprespect intended, of course."

He looks thoughtful. "Perhaps time will be more generous with you. We have an entire season together, let us not rush it. Maybe you will come around in time."

You aren't sure if he's getting it or just dodging, but in the meantime, you find yourself about to pass a library when it occurs to you this might be a good place to snatch up an item for your list.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo seems uncertain about the sincerity of your words. An Awareness/Sincerity (Honesty) is normally used in this situation!

In the meanwhile, as you walk and try to get her to open up, you bank a free raise.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:29 am
Kaichiyo opened her mouth to respond, when she noticed the library, and all thoughts of the current topic fled, filed away for a later time. "Ah-ha! Of course! There's a book for everything!"

Wasting no time, she entered the library, found the keeper/scribe/whoever, and showed him the scavenger hunt scroll with Kiyoko's seal, asking to borrow a book on crane history. "Any subject will do."  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 6, 3, 5, 4 Total: 30 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 pm
Naohiko will wait in line. He's pretty sure that ruffling the feathers of the Crane peasants isn't going to present the Kraken in a good light to them. Also, the time waiting would enable him to see if Moshi Ruri was anywhere nearby. Granted, he probably couldn't see too far while waiting in line....but...

OOC:
Investigation/Perception 4k2 w/2 dice to handle explosions
Dice Chosen: 8,6
Results: 14  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 12 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 9, 5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 2, 5, 5, 1 Total: 57 (12-120)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:51 pm
"Please? It's more refreshing to hear it from someone that isn't one of the Great Clans who will boast about themselves above others. Your talk about your homeland was of pride, but it was cause I asked about it specifically. And you weren't trying to say you were the best, just how hard you and those that lived there worked." He smiled at her as he kept walking, his eye keeping a look out for anything of interest for the list.

4k3 Awareness/Sincerity (Void spent to temp skill) - 26
First 6 dice.

3k2 - 2 Free raises to lower TN by 10 - 11
Last 6 dice.
Target: Something that the Emperor would like.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:58 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 2 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 2 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 3 items collected

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

You hurry up to the library, leaving Shoichi a bit uncertain, but he follows behind. As you approach the librarian, you would ask about a book on history. The middle-aged peasant woman would bow, responding politely. "Oh, of course, we have many. The Crane have a proud and noble heritage, history is very important. Is this a book on loan, or for purchase, noble samurai?"

Shoichi would pipe in. "While we're at it, do you have any books on romance?" he would ask, perhaps with a bit too much anticipation.

"Oh, many!"

"Non-fiction?"

"Er... we might have one? I can't make promises, great samurai, but I can take the time to look. It may take a while though."

Shoichi looks thoughtful, glancing at you for confirmation. Despite whatever look on your face you sport at that moment, he would respond with "Yes, if you wouldn't mind."

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

No sign of Ruri, I'm afraid. The fact that you've gone off on your own since she last saw you probably hasn't helped.

And the line does move quickly enough. I just wanted to see if you'd be a bully to get what you want. As funny as it would be, the vendor does not run out just before you can order.

"Hello mister!" a young girl, maybe half your age, greets you from behind the counter. She is missing one of her front teeth, and has a goofy, mischievous smile "Whachu want? ... Are you a ronin? Never seen someone dressed like you before!"

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You prioritize Kiyo over your scavenger hunt it seems, and the dice react accordingly!

"...... are you serious? You really do want to hear more, you weren't just teasing me?" she asked with uncertainty, unable to make eye contact (no pun intended) with Gendo.

You thought you were on the trail of something, but you've actually just gone in a circle. 2 raises down, but you gain 1 raise in response!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 pm
She was about to chime in when Shoichi spoke up, evidently taking her far more seriously than she'd expected. Which in this case ended up being a problem. "Ahm... perhaps the history book first, then. For purchase. I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge, and our hosts did promise to reimburse us."  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games