Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:37 am
Valac's wounds continue to heal with no end in sight; frustrated with being unable to move and just having teleported to his prey for it to run he had no choice.

Valac grabs a javelin and hurls it with his diabolic strength at the raider before him.

(4/5 Javelins 20 VS AC on these guys still hits right? If so he takes 11 damage.)

His rage rising at the prospect of fleeing prey he finally manages to break the bolas wrapped around his ankles.

"FREE! NOW NO ONES SURVIVES THIS!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:55 pm
Valac's javelin nails the bandit in the thigh!

Noname 51
Your turn to post. You have 24 hours to take your turn.

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:40 pm
16 vs ac
36 dmg if hit and he gets -2 to all attacks for the encounter
15 dmg if miss and a -1 to attacks instead.

With the Archer dead and the lackeys on the run, Kuori shifted her quarry to the boss. She backed up (Move to J29) and said, "I've got his payment right here." She fired an arrow at full draw, upon in pact it shattered it a flurry of splinters that embedded themselves into the Boss's flesh.

[D]Splintering Shot +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC Hit: 3[W] 3d12+6 [dexterity bonus][Bracers of Archery][Weapon Focus] damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.
Miss: Half damage, and the target takes a -1 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:37 pm
Road Blocked
Will post Map later when photobucket comes back up.

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders R1 bloodied
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers: partial cover A1, Dead; A2, ???
Valac: HP 41/57 Regen 2
Shayne: HP 23/41 partial cover, +2 defenses
Kuori: HP 17/43 bloodied
Bandit Boss: Marked; -4 to attack Valac, save ends; heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied -1 attack
Abby:
Revenge: HP 28/53
Twyla: HP 20/42 bloodied

Shayne, deciding he has had enough with being stabbed, uses wizard's retreat and shifts twice his speed to E25 where he then nestles into the brush to get some cover. He then uses his second wind to catch his breath.

Kuroi's arrow grazes the arm of the bandit boss giving him a nasty cut.

The boss would shout at his fleeing comrade. "Graylor! Get back her you coward the fights not done yet!" He then grimaces at the pain of being grazed by Kuori's. He looks at Revenge and chuckles. "So much for your honorable duel, paladin. Your friends are after me now. It seems they are more reliable then mine." He then strikes Revenge up side the head with his mace for 13 damage, but Twyla's song seems inspire Revenge to ignore the pain, causing him to heal by 5.

Abby still remains hidden in the forest.

Rain Yupa
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:16 pm
28/53, Bandit Boss Marked

STANDARD ACTION

"You misjudge them. What indication has any of them given that they respect me, let alone consider me a friend?" Revenge would arc his halberd back, about to strike, and hesitated. "Okay, the jury's still out on the other Tiefling, but I think that's going to boil down to a 'lack of other targets'." And lunge!

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike, 25 vs AC. 15 damage, and the bandit boss takes -2 to his attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Damage is nonlethal. Again, if the Bandit Boss runs away I will not make an opportunity attack against him.

FREE ACTION

"Rather than sate their bloodlust, if they really wanted to help what they should be doing is checking on our noncombatants!" Revenge would then turn and glare at the rest of the adventurers everyone who's not a barbarian currently raging.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:05 pm
Twyla, gasping and tired, somehow still managed to laugh at Revenge. "Noncombatants? If you mean Miss Abby, don't worry so much! She can take care of herself! I'm more worried about us!"

Twyla moved closer, sneaking around to the back of the bandit boss, songblade in hand. "Well," she said, "if you want to go check on her, I can help free you up! This little challenge of yours is taking forever!" And with that, she would stab at the boss with all her might.

"I think we're friends, and that's a fact,
And friends help friends survive intact!"

((Move to Q21, flanking the boss with Revenge. Standard: MBA on Bandit Boss: 26 vs. AC. 12 damage. Bolstering Speech grants +5 temporary hit points to Revenge as a non-action.))  

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm
FREE ACTION

"Has anyone even made sure Petra is safe?" Revenge quickly responded.

His back had been to the wagon; he originally had been hesitant to leave it at all but between Abby veering off on her own and Kuori's impatient attack putting Valac in danger, he didn't have a choice. If fortune was on his side, no one grabbed her while she was alone and he was just being paranoid. Aria's use of invisibility potions was still fresh on his mind.

There had been a reason why he was trying to end this as quickly as possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:29 am
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Initiative order
Bandit Ensnarer:
Valac: HP 41/57 Regen 2
Bandit Boss: Marked; -4 to attack Valac, save ends; heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied -3 attack
Abby:
Revenge: HP 28/53 5THP
Twyla: HP 5/42 bloodied

Revenge and Petra both land successful blows on the Boss, in fact Revenge attack seems to trip up the bandit, making it harder for him to attack. However, he seemed to key in on Revenge's statement and that of Twyla's. He would turn and yell to his bandit comrade next to the cage. "Gerald, there must be another girl in the wagon, one that cant fight. Go get her! "

The rest of the remaining bandits spring into action. The first bandit raider continues to run off into the forest, disappearing into the trees. The second raider moves behind Twyla, flanking her. "Stay off our boss, midget." He brings his maul down upon the gnome for 15 damage.

At the boss's command the bandit ensnarer bolts across the field towards the wagon.

Mongooseh
Your turn!

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:03 am
Watching everyone he wishes to fight run around and away while still getting better (Regen 2). Valac is becoming furious with these cowardly bandits decides to take his frustrations out on the bandit boss. Drawing his Fullblade then moved over to engage the bandit boss and the other raider. (Minor to draw weapon. Move to move to P20 so just above Twyla and adjacent to both bandits).

Then taking his sword in both hands and with a wild swing Valac lashes out at the bandit boss his sword ablaze harsher than usual. (Desperate fury 25 VS AC. Damage is 34, free action flaming daily 2 fire damage. If desperate fury does hit it procs rage of the crimson hurricane and each enemy adjacent to me takes 6 damage. So BB: 42 damage total R2: 6 damage total.)

With what would be hopefully a successful attack Valac shouts at Revenge, "THEN GO CHECK ON HER I'll KILL THESE TWO!"

Then turned to the raider who was insisting on trying to murderise the bard, "MIDGET?! HOW ABOUT SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:54 pm
Valac lands a devastating blow on the bandit boss, the blade goes clean through his side and nicks the other bandit. The boss grabs the wound on his side as it bleeds onto his hands. For the first time, there looks to be doubt in his eyes.

Noname 51
Your turn to post. You have 24 hours to take your turn.

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:56 pm
18 vs AC 5 dmg Non-lethal
15 vs AC 5 dmg Non-lethal
Damage reduction 4 until my next turn.

Kuori knocked up two more arrows. "Gerald was it? Gerald. I killed your friend. I'm really sorry about that. I'm also going to kill your boss Gerald. But you Gerald, you get the opportunity to live." She aimed low and shot her two arrows. "Gonna have to take out those kneecaps though." She imposed herself between him and his path forward. (M29) "If you step forward, the next one goes in your eye." She prepared for him to attack her. (Activating stone's endurance.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:27 pm
Road Blocked
User Image]

Initiative order
Bandit Ensnarer:
Valac: HP 43/57 Regen 2
Bandit Boss: Marked; heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied -3 attack
Abby:
Twyla: HP 5/42 bloodied

Shayne launches a magic spell at the Ensnarer, but he seems to resist the effect. He also manages to dodge Kuori's arrows, but just barely on the first one.

The badly wounded and disoriented bandit boss looks at all those surrounding him and seems to come to some sort of decision. He shouts to his men. "All right boys, it's time to cut our losses and get out of here! Everyone run! Boss's orders!" He then looks at Revenge and winks. "I guess I'll take you up on your offer now, paladin."

The bandit boss shifts to R22. He then breaks into a full run to Y22, and, despite his grievous wounds, still seems to find an extra burst of energy (action point!) and continues to run into the forest where he disappears between some trees. The last spot he is seen is CC24.

Abby re-emerges from the forest at AA19, looking completely unharmed. She would look to her friends and exclaim. "I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly; that took longer than I'd thought."

Rain Yupa
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:12 pm
28/53, 5 temp HP, Raider 2 Challenged

NO ACTION

The divine challenge on the bandit boss is dropped.

Though, he momentarily looked like he was going to take a swing anyways at the man for his declaration of taking a hostage, ultimately, with Kuori running interference thus nullifying that scheme, Revenge snorted and lowered his weapon, allowing the man to go.

MOVE ACTION

Abby returned. With everything that happened, her disappearing into the forest like that and leaving his sight made him want to have a few choice words with her; but he would turn, looking her in the eye, before turning his head away from her and back to the task at hand.

Quote:
Revenge would move to R20, beside Twyla.

MINOR ACTION

Revenge would look the raider before him in the eye. "Run along, or else."

Quote:
Revenge would Divine Challenge Raider 2, marking him.

MINOR ACTION

Revenge would place a gauntleted hand on top of Twyla's head. His own aura would momentarily light up, before the light would drain from around him and intensify on his hand, before the life force drains from there as well into his gnome ally. It would infuse and revitalize her, though feel like a chill down her spine.

Quote:
Final use of Lay on Hands; Revenge spends a healing surge, and Twyla regains hit points equal to her healing surge value +4.

FREE ACTION

He would turn his head to Valac, smiling just slightly. "If this one's smart and runs, please spare him. But that one," he would indicate by gesturing in the general direction of the ensnarer, "Or his boss... if they are willing to take innocents as hostages, they truly are evil souls rather than misguided ones, and are no longer under the protection of Sehanine's mercy. Do with them what you will."

Quote:
As a reminder, if Raider 2 makes an attack, even an opportunity attack, that doesn't include Revenge as his target before the start of my next turn, he takes 7 radiant damage.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:57 am
User Image

Twyla

Twyla would go pale when Revenge named Petra, something she'd purposely sought not to do. In her moment of distraction, she failed to dodge the devastating attack brought down on her by the raider.

Twyla's vision blurred red and her knees buckled. She felt herself topple for an instant--then caught herself. No! she thought, not while my friends still fight! I have to stay in this! No matter how much it hurts! She shook her head and refocused on the battle, even managing to cheer as Valac came to her aid.

But she hadn't expected someone who'd just been literally torn a new one could still be so fast! She'd barely had time to point her sword at the boss before he tore off into the woods! She turned to ask Revenge what to do, when she felt a heavy hand on the top of her head and felt the healing magic go through her. His magic felt funny, but she couldn't help grinning.

"Oh, wow, that gave me goosebumps! Thank you, thank you!" She looked proudly at the raider in front of her, and mimicked Revenge's chilly gaze. "Yeah, you, get out of here!"

Then she took her sword in hand, and turned back towards the ensnarer, who was still threateningly close to the injured Kuori and the helpless Petra in the wagon. "Not on my watch!" she said, and she streaked across the battlefield, newly revitalized.

She sliced her little blade at the ensnarer, singing out to Kuori as she did so.

"You've done great here on your own,
But I'm here to show you're not alone!"

((Twyla heals 14hp, and now has a total of 19hp. She shifts to P20. As a standard, charge to N26! MBA vs. E1, 25 vs. AC. I deal 11 damage on a hit, and Bolstering Speech awards Kuori +5 temporary hit points.))  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:53 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders R2 granting CA
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers:A1, Dead; A2, ???
Valac: HP 43/57 Regen 2
Kuori: HP 17/43 bloodied 5THP, 4DR
Bandit Boss: Marked; heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied -1 attack
Abby:
Twyla: HP 19/42 bloodied

Twyla stabs the hapless bandit in the back as he contemplates his options.

The remaining to bandits seem intent on taking Revenge's advice an following their bosses orders. Both bandits shift away from the adventurers and attempt to flee. The bandit raider shifts away from Valac and runs behind the wall.

The bandit ensnarer simply breaks into a full run for the trees, tempting Twlyas blade. The last square he is seen in is B29.

((Twyla may make an opportunity attack on E1))  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games