Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Survived the 30's - 70's...? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When were you born?
1930's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1940's
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1950's
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1960's
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
1970's
64%
 64%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 51

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:06 am
We got our first color TV sometime in the mid 60's, when TV was in middle of making more and more color programs. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 pm
Pflibbitz
KatrinaZ
Does anyone remember watching Kaptain Kangaroo, with Mr. Greenjeans, moose and rabbit? ...

Interesting, but I met Captain Kangeroo in person before he was Captain Kangeroo. That;s when he was Clarabell.

He was from Long Island where I grew up and he came to our Grade School for a promotional appearance. That's when he was on the Howdy Doody Show!
Kaptain Kangaroo was my favorite show,I couldn't wait to watch it when i got up in the mornings.  

Bunny Motherof2

Timid Gaian

20,265 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100

Dancing Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 pm
"It's Howdy Doody Time"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:12 am
"Leave it to Beaver"  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

connielass

2,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:46 pm
Lil Brat
They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, tuna from a can, and were not tested for diabetes.
(They didn't start the testing thing until 1985. I was born in 84.)

Lil Brat

Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT a bottle.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but were not overweight because

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day.

And we were OK.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.

After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have PlayStations, Nintendo's, X-Boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.
(We only had Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo, and that got boring after a bit. No cable until '95. No computer, let alone internet, until '97. Only one cell phone - Mom's - in 2000)

Lil Brat
WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team.

Those who did not had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.

They actually sided with the law!

Those were the days.

Favorite TV show: Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Garfield & Friends (and I grew up in the era of Captain Planet... neutral )  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:27 pm
*Sings*

Memories.......

What a shame my son is growing up having to miss out on all that good stuff.

*Wanders off remembering the first time she saw Morgan Freeman was on the Electric Company...*  

KnitChaos

Jadrianna72

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:42 am
born in late 1969, but still before the offical end of the 60's (Altamont)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Burn the Land & Boil the Sea...

My husband was born in early April of '69 and always loves to brag on how he's "witnessed over 40 decades". The fact that he won't be 40 until next year doesn't faze him a bit, as he claims being born in that year technically means he was part of "the '60s". Heh.
...You can't take the Sky from Me!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KnitChaos

CatLadyMeow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:03 am
KatrinaZ
Yeah, we played outside all the time too, unless there was bad weather ... OMG! I remember going outside in the middle of a downpour and dancing around on the driveway in the rain! That was so much fun!!!

I used to do the same thing. When it would rain in the summer and there would be no thunder and lightnening, we were allowed to be out in it. I remember playing in the mud puddles and having a high old time. It was a lot of FUN!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:14 pm
I was born in 86 -sigh-
But wow did I ever have a huge imagination. I still do now and take walks to the riverside, imagining my dragons flying over the water, imagining the said riverside as a huge lake. I miss the older days though. I want to have lived in an older period.  

Fallicious Flavor

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:55 am
-Lucid Realities-
I was born in 86 -sigh-
But wow did I ever have a huge imagination. I still do now and take walks to the riverside, imagining my dragons flying over the water, imagining the said riverside as a huge lake. I miss the older days though. I want to have lived in an older period.

Sounds kinda' like you just might have an "old soul", a reincarnation thing I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:58 pm
I think I may have been alive in another time because thre are indeed places that I can recognize even though i'venever been there O.o
I have always been active outside growing up and even though technology has made things easier, I still enjoy solving things on my own. I am a huge fan of mental puzzles. If I were to have lived in another time, I think I would have adjusted well and been happiest there biggrin  

Fallicious Flavor

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 am
That may be so, -Lucid Realities-, but now you should live for today and enjoy what life has to offer! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:22 am
Tie dyed T-shirts and bell bottom jeans!  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:10 am
SUPER BALL !!! *grabs super ball and slams it against ground, watches as it bounces way high up into the air* rolleyes blaugh  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff