Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 pm

User Image

((The way I've got her planned out, she's very smart, calm, and reasonable but fairly determined. Gets it from her grandfather. XD A fairly down to earth girl, but willing to believe.))

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 pm

((OOC: Oh, you are in such trouble. razz Maybe you two should make Aria twins, so that you can each have one. Because otherwise I see problems on the horizon.
This seems as good a time as any to tell you that I'm at the barn tomorrow, and going on what will probably be an all-day boat trip the day after that, so it's unlikely that I'm going to be on much this weekend.))

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:39 pm

((OOC: Bumpeh?))
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:59 pm

User Image

Joshua looked curious. "Any idea what was hidden?" He asked Mac. "Maybe it's something that can help us?" He sounded doubtful of himself. Still, it was worth a shot if there was even a remote chance it could help them. "The issue is getting it." He murmured, watching the wavelets roll in. "Any idea of a family name? Or anything really that could help us look for your descendants?"

Allen Listar, resident 'crazy hermit' of the town, puttered around his seaside house. A feather duster in one hand, cloth in the other, and flowery apron created an odd sight when on the old man. He was moving around the house, carefully cleaning his 'treasures', humming to himself. What most people called junk, he treasured. Large shells, carvings, pictures, toys - Anything relating to the merfolk. In Allen's house, every room seemed to be a shrine to the merfolk. The reason? Allen insisted they were real, despite never having seen them.

Aria walked along the beach, shoes in hand. She loved the feel of the sand on her feet, the small wavelets rolling over her ankles. A small breezed played with her light brown hair as sea-green eyes stared out across the endless ocean. The girl was taking a break from the obsessive cleaning her grandfather insisted on. She sighed happily, breathing in the salty air. There was nothing Aria liked better than the ocean. There was just something about it that refused to let her go.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 pm

((OOC: Short post just to prove I'm still alive. >.<))

Tianara also glanced Mac's way, although she still looked dubious. She didn't understand how he could remember a past life, but she still accepted it as best she could. She was worried about her family, and to save them, she would accept pretty well anything.

A splash interrupted her thoughts, and she glanced over. "They're back," she muttered in surprise. "Sorry?" she called. Strangely, Nezik was the one to surface. He looked uncomfortable, and Tianara wondered what was wrong. Where was Katalina?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 am

User Image

((Just so there's no confusion, Aria and Allen are on the opposite side of the town. If you face seaward, Joshua lives to the left of the town, Allen and Aria to the right.))

Joshua looked up at the splash. "Hi Nezik!" He called out and waved. His smile faded as he realized Katalina wasn't surfacing and Nezik looked uncomfortable. "Nezik? Is something wrong?" He frowned worriedly. Why didn't Katalina surface?

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:19 am

Nezik came in to them on the wave until he was sitting in the very shallow waters just below the shore. "You can't possibly have told everyone yet," Tianara said, crossing down to him.

The boy shrugged. "We told everyone within a two-mile range, and they're all going to pass it on to everyone within their two-mile range, and so on. Everyone will know by sundown, I guarantee you." He shifted and muttered, "We stopped by the Siren cave last - Narcis saw Sorry and wouldn't let her leave. He said she has to go home and get her hurts looked at. She got really mad, but he wouldn't listen to her."

Tianara frowned. "He's not intending to keep her at the cave, is he? Riiya wouldn't like that."

Nezik shook his head. "No, it's worse. He's taking her home." He glanced over when Joshua asked if something was wrong. "Well, Narcis is making my sister go home to be healed, which means she won't be coming back for a while." He made a sour face. "Our cavern's healer is a quack. So we're down to five until she can escape from Narcis's watchful eye."
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am

User Image

Joshua shook his head. "Ugh. As much as I want her to be looked after, we need all the help we can get." Something Nezik said struck him as odd. Amber eyes darted around the group, taking a quick count. Tianara, Nezik, Mac, and himself. That was four. Normally Katalina and possible Narcis would be included but they were both out for now. "Nezik? Who are you counting as the fifth person?" Joshua asked in confusion. Was there something he'd missed here?

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:56 am

((OOC: Oh. Whoops. Why did I think five? XD Oh well, good chance to introduce the new character I've been wanting. Also, I'm working on a profile for Tianara, and trying to decide whether Riiya and/or Korai matter enough for their own profiles. I don't think so.))

"Hmm?" asked Nezik, looking confused. "Oh." He flushed. "I...I forgot to mention it. Uhm. Narcis thought we might need help, what with both him and Sorry being out until either she escapes from the healer or he thinks she's ready to come back and help. So he, well..."

"He sent me instead," a cool, sinuous voice inserted. A young female rose from the water, not far behind Nezik. At first, she could have been taken for a mermaid, but when those sharp teeth flashed, it was obvious she was a Siren. It wasn't Riiya or Korai - most likely Narcis had enlisted them to help him keep an eye on Katalina. This one was younger, almost ethereally lovely - until one got a good look at the sharp silver teeth.

From Nezik's nervous glance in her direction, it was obvious he didn't know quite what to think of her. "Um," he began shyly, "she's Jinx. She's Narcis's little sister."

"Actually, I'm Jianixiliesa," the young Siren said. The name flowed off her tongue in a way that would be very difficult to copy. "But most folk can't pronounce that, so Jinx is fine. So." Settling back in the water, she tilted her head and addressed the group. "What can I do for you?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:14 am

User Image

(( XD Ah well, it turned out okay.))

Joshua didn't even try to repeat the Siren's full name - He'd just butcher it. He looked at Jinx nervously, never quite sure what to make of Sirens. Jinx was amazingly beautiful but it didn't distract him from the fact that Sirens were rather scary at times. "Um...Well...." He glanced at Tianara and Mac quickly, then back to Jinx. "We're, um, still deciding what to do. And how to do it." Joshua had to wonder if he wanted the Siren's help but then shook his head. Any help was better than nothing at this point - Even if said help did make him nervous.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am

"Well, you've already decided enough to warn us all to go into hiding," mused Jinx, smiling a little. She noticed - and was highly entertained by - Joshua's nervous glance at the other two before he replied to her. Leaning back, she examined the three of them. "So tell me, is war really imminent, or are we just being alarmist?"

Nezik shot Jinx a look. They seemed to be of an age - or at least, very close to one another. "Jinx," he said wearily. "Do you really think they'd go to all the trouble of warning all the seafolk if they weren't sure?"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am

User Image

Joshua shifted nervously and sighed. "I'm hoping we're just being alarmists but it's not looking like it." He sighed and brought his knees up, wrapping his arms around them. "The more I hear, the more it sounds like war is coming. We're trying to stop it before it happens. That's what we were currently planning. The first step is to make sure all the seafolk are safe. Humans can't fight a war with those they can't find." He shrugged lightly, still unsure of Jinx. Still, if she was to help then she needed to know.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Jinx listened, almost soberly. She waited for a few minutes after he was finished, as though to ensure he was done speaking, and then said softly, "It won't work. It's a noble ideal, but it won't work. When war is coming, it's like a boulder rolling down a cliff. It gathers its pace, and by the time you see it coming, anyone who tries to get in the way is bound to get flattened. You can't stop it with just a handful of people." She tilted her head. "If they can't find the seafolk, they'll merely turn their anger on each other. It's their way."

Her smile flashed briefly. "And while I don't think that would be so bad, I doubt you want that either. So what you'll most likely have to do is find a way to...redirect it, towards some other target." Her eyes were serious again as she spoke. "Either way, people will die. Things will change. You just have to decide which way is the lesser of two evils."

Nezik smiled weakly. "That's why Narcis sent her," he said quietly. "Jinx can be smart when she puts her mind to it." Jinx batted his shoulder lightly, but didn't seem too irritated.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:26 pm

User Image

Joshua buried his face in his arms. "I know." He murmured, his voice slightly muffled. "I know. But where can we redirect it?" The more he thought about what they were trying to do, the more he realized how futile it seemed. Humans in general just seemed to like fighting. Their history was full of fights over this or that. It seemed this was destined to be another fight. Maybe, just maybe though, they could control it enough to keep it in check. 'You can't stop a river, but you can change the flow.'

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:49 pm

"Well, I don't know," said Jinx with a shrug. "Why not turn it back on those that want to use it to destroy the seafolk? Nezik mentioned something about a...creature in chains?" She glanced at Nezik, as though confirming that that was indeed what he had said - and one could hardly blame her. It sounded crazy. "Anyway, he was the one who planted this idea of the war among you all in the first place, wasn't he?"

Tianara nodded slowly, catching on. "So you think we should find out what his interest in it is, and who else is planting these ideas, and try to turn the tide back on them?" she asked.

"I wouldn't say I think that," Jinx defended. "I don't think anything in particular. It's just a thought."
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games