Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Mac listened to all their conversations. Suddenly he got a feeling in his head, "I'm not entirely sure that the humans are the main cause..." he said, "You can stop a war, if you have something to grab their attention". Mac held his pendant, "I don't think we have much time to just sit around though".
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Jinx looked at him in a way that suggested she thought he was crazy, and mildly stupid to boot, but was too polite to say so. "The whole point of this coming war is that something has grabbed their attention," she pointed out patiently. "And that something is us." She shook her head, looking tired and vaguely irritated. "Obviously we don't have much time, if you want to try to head this off. But I don't think you'll be able to."

Tianara and Nezik exchanged glances. Apparently, they - at least in their secret hearts - agreed with Jinx. How could one try to stop a war that was all but there?

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Mac looked at Jinx with a heartfelt look, "You missed my point...Sounds like you don't understand. What if something of great and inspiring attributes were to happen at a point of doom, you know like in those stories you see?" he said.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:05 pm

"There's a reason it happens in stories," replied Jinx coolly. "It doesn't happen in real life, and people wish it would. Even if it did, it probably wouldn't change anything. Humans like to fight. It's just something they do. Something great and inspiring happening wouldn't change it - in fact, it would probably make it worse, since everyone would think it was meant for them and them alone, to show them they were in the right." She shrugged. "Call me crazy if you want, but I think that's how it is."

Nezik, however, looked interested. "Something great and inspiring, hmm? What were you thinking of?" he asked Mac. "You sound like you have something specific in mind."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:57 pm

User Image

Joshua listened to everyone speaking, not lifting his head. At the mention of something 'great and inspiring' though, he lifted his head enough to peer at Mac. "What do you have in mind? Anything specific?" He'd peaked Joshua's curiosity now. What in the world did Mac mean by something 'great and inspiring'?

Allen continued to hum, carefully dusting his 'treasures'. Suddenly, the edge of his feather duster caught the tail of a mermaid sculpture. The figurine tipped off the edge of the dresser, crashing to the ground. Allen stared at it in shock then began shaking his head and muttering. "No. No, no, no. It's nothing. It has to be." He didn't want to take it was a sign - A sign that something terrible was coming to the merfolk. He tried to continue dusting but now his hands shook and it wasn't from old age.

Aria paused in her walk, staring out to the sea. Normally the sight of the sea-green waves calmed her, but not today. Today, she just couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. She didn't know what though. She was fine and so was her grandfather. She had no other living relatives. 'Yet why can't I shake this feeling?' A shiver ran up Aria's spine. 'Something bad is coming. I know it.' She couldn't say how, but she was absolutely certain of that.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

((OOC: Waiting on Mac. Just popping in to mention that I posted up Jinx's profile. I've been a busy bee today.))

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Mac spoke, "Well, something inspiring can be as simple as music. Something that enacts harmony no matter what..." Mac stops, "The thought still isn't clear, but I'm sure I'll think of it as time comes" he said calmly.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Jinx's look of disgust grew slightly more pronounced. "Sirens can enchant with their music," she said evenly. "They and half-breeds are the only seafolk I can think of off the top of my head that can do that. But both use the enchantment for purposes that would make the war happen faster, not slower. You may think of something eventually, but weren't you the one who said that we have no time to sit around and think?"

Nezik glanced over at Jinx, his unspoken admonishment clear in his gaze. "Jinx," he said patiently, taking her glare as mildly as he possibly could. "He's trying, here. So are we all."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 am

User Image

((You've been a very busy bee I see. Good job! *Hands chocolate overdose cookie*))

"Can we just stop fighting?" Joshua asked wearily, trying to stop it before it escalated into an actual fight. "We're trying to stop others from fighting. How can we do that if we're fighting?" As much as he was intrigued by Mac's idea, right now he personally agreed with the Siren. It was a nice idea, but wouldn't work. He'd seen first hand what Katalina's song could do - It wasn't exactly something to endear the humans to the seafolk.

Aria turned away from her normal path. She slipped her sandals back on as she left the soft sand. The girl followed a small, over-grown path up the side of the cliffs. The climb took awhile, but she eventually made it to the top. She stood, looking out over the ocean as a breeze tossed her hair around. Aria moved closer to the edge, scanning the ocean with one hand shading her eyes. Her gaze was focus on the water, no where else. Had she bothered to look over the edge of the cliff to her left, she would have seen a small cove with several figures bunched together.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 am

((OOC: Yay, cookie!))

Jinx chuckled. "I never stop playing Devil's Advocate," she told him sweetly. "It's in my nature. Don't you think it's a reasonable idea to consider all the downsides of your plan before putting it into action?" She glanced over her shoulder suddenly, back at the water, and smiled slowly. "Well, you may not need me much longer. My brother's just contacted me. He's in something of a state."

Nezik glanced at Joshua. "What Jinx is trying to say is that Sorry managed to sneak out, I think. And if he doesn't catch up to her before she gets here, she'll be rejoining us."

Tianara giggled. She couldn't help it. Something about the image of the young mermaid managing to get past her entire family plus Narcis was just entertaining. "She's good," she said admiringly.

"Well, she's not here yet," replied Jinx. "So in the meantime, does anyone else have any ideas that don't involve magical music and 'grand happenings' that may or may not appear?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 am

User Image

Joshua sighed, acknowledging Jinx's point. "I guess we do need a Devil's Advocate." He looked curious at the new announcement. "Katalina managed to get past them all? Narcis included? She's got skills...." He had to wonder how the mermaid had managed it. Well, he'd ask when she showed up. "As for other plans....." Joshua spread his arms in a gesture. "We don't exactly have much to work with." He looked shamefaced at their lack of ideas. "So far, pretty much what we've got it try to convince people that merfolk don't exist. And you've already pointed out the flaw of that idea."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:35 am

Jinx smiled a little. A real smile - the kind designed to make folk fall in love. "No. You have more than that," she told him. "You just don't like any of the alternatives. You could allow the war to happen. You could turn the humans' aggression on one another. You could find another place to turn their warlike instincts towards - I'd say that chained creature that Nezik spoke of, and whoever's helping him try to set this war off, would be a good start. Those are all things we've already thought of, but that I would assume you just don't like."

Nezik nodded. "I guess she did," he said, addressing Joshua's surprise. A somewhat sly grin crossed his face as he murmured, "She might have had help. There are others who dislike our healer."

Jinx eyed him. "You wouldn't happen to mean yourself, by any chance?"

Nezik blinked innocently at her, and Jinx rolled her eyes. "If Narcis finds out, you are in so much trouble."

Tianara shook her head. "If we could get back to the point?" she inquired mildly. "We still have a war to worry about."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 am

User Image

Joshua listened to Jinx and Nezik, an amused smile on his face. He shook his head, bringing himself back to the point. "Yes, there are alternatives and no, I don't really like any of them." He gave Jinx a crooked smile. "Mind, that's just because I don't like fighting at all." He paused, contemplating the ideas they had already come up with. He summarized his thoughts aloud. "So far, it's looking like the war is inevitable so we have to keep as much control on it as we can. We don't want the humans and merfolk fighting. That's the main thing. If we can keep the humans from fighting amongst themselves, even better. So then that leaves the chained creature. That's looking to be our best bet." Joshua glanced around their small group to see what the others thought. If the idea of the chained creature fell through, then they would have to resort to humans against humans. Even he would prefer that then humans against merfolk. Humans would survive another war - They always did. He didn't know how the merfolk would hold up through and after a war.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Mac looked around them, "No...Wars aren't really the right way" he quickly said with moderate concern. Mac quickly lept in the water and resurfaced, "I'm willing to leave right now, we can't stay here. Something is waiting, and we can't find out unless we search." he said.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Jinx lifted a brow at Mac. "We know that," she said with awful patience. "Teach your humans that, and we'll be set. And running off with no idea of where we're going is no more use than staying here. Less, actually, since then we lose Sorry and my brother - they would come here looking for us."

Coolly turning her attention to Joshua, she said, "The alternatives are mostly ugly, yes. That creature...did anyone catch his name, by chance? I assume he had one. We generally ask for names of strangers." She looked from Joshua to Nezik to Tianara, knowing that Mac hadn't been there at the time.

Tianara slowly shook her head. "I wasn't paying attention," she admitted quietly. "I was talking to Joshua and Adamantia - I barely noticed him. Nezik? Joshua?"

Nezik seemed to be thinking deeply. He didn't answer Tianara's question.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games