Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 179 180 181 182 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Cool Hat
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm so hungry

Sammie was super ready to be at the school. He'd run out of snacks on the train (and Lochi wouldn't buy him more????), and that meant a very long while with no treats. Luckily he'd found a few other kids his age, which made it a lot nicer of a ride. Once they'd arrived, Lochi straightened his robes, then sent him off with the other first years. Apparently the first years had to ride some rickety wooden boats. Hopefully they wouldn't have to row, because that lake looked awfully big. Luckily, magic proved ever awesome, and they made it safely across the water. Once there, they walked up to the giant castle. Most other kids looked super impressed, but all Sammie could think about was the sheer number of stairs the building contained. Luckily, stairs were avoided, and instead they went to a room with four huge tables full of color-coded kids, and one other big table with all the teachers and stuff. Cool!

After getting told about sorting, Sammie stood on his tiptoes, spotting his brother over at the blue table. Cool. Maybe he'd get to the blue table too! What were they called again? Something with a bird. When he heard his name, Sammie made his way to the front, plopping on the stool there. The cool pointy hat was placed on his head, and he felt a bubble of excitement. Where would he go? Would he join Lochi, or maybe one of his new pals? No matter what, he was sure he could make friends and enjoy all the foods the magical world had to offer.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ:
                                                  Sammie’s modus operandi when dealing with people-- be they customers or passerbys or family friends or the creepy teenagers that loiter in the alley behind the shop-- is to be friendly and helpful. He assumes the best of everyone and is always very welcoming, although not to the point of idiocy. Sammie has a keen sense of danger and his own limits as a kid, and always tries to get help.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                  Sammie is curious about everything that comes into his bubble of existence. Even if he knows something there’s no harm in knowing more!

xxxxxSɴᴀᴄᴋɪsʜ:
                                                  Sammie likes to snack and graze as he’s doing anything, his love language is food, and there is nothing that can’t be solved by sitting down to a fresh meal together. (He insists that if all the worlds’ leaders would just sit down and have some finger sandwiches and freshly squeezed lemonade, world peace could be established in an afternoon.)

xxxxxFᴏʀɢᴇᴛғᴜʟ:
                                                  While generally great at taking care of himself and others-- making food, doing housework, helping with the shop-- Sammie also gets really into whatever he’s doing and simply forgets. He sometimes needs reminders to get water or take things out of the dryer or such.

xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ:
                                                  Although sometimes a ditz when it comes to some everyday things, Sammie is a clever student of mineralogy and all kinds of learning. He often overthinks a simple solution in favor of a complicated one.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                  Sammie has a creative way of looking at problems. He also likes to use creative outlets, such as drawing and his attempts at pottery. (hint: they never go well) He's not a super logical thinker, but that's okay by him. Every problem has a solution, even if it's not the usual one.

Yᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇs, I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ 'ᴇᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
Wᴇ sᴛɪᴄᴋ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴍᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ғᴏʟᴋs ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ sᴍᴀʀᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ I ᴀᴍ
Bɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ
Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ I ᴅᴏ
Iᴛ's ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs ɢᴏ ʙʏ
Oᴜʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ! Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx❋ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Great Hall
            xxx❋ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The whole school
            xxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
            xxxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I didn't think I'd be so nervous

Nora was trying to keep herself from shaking as she entered the Great Hall. The journey to the castle had been great, but she had felt herself getting more and more nervous the closer they got to the castle. It was hard to believe this was actually happening. She had spent every summer since she was born hearing all about Hogwarts from Sam and now she was really here and moments away from being sorted.

Nora found herself rubbing her black tie thinking that soon she'd know what house she'd be representing for the next seven years. Her part-time family. She of course had an idea in her mind of what house she wanted, but she wasn't sure what the hat would think...and that caused her even more stress. She had never in her life been as anxious as she'd been almost all day. This was new to her and she didn't love it.

After what seemed like forever, though it really wasn't (her last name started with a D after all) she was called forward. Tentatively she stepped up, making very sure she didn't trip on her way up the few steps. She sat down on the small stool and waited. The hat was placed on her head and she scrunched her eyes closed waiting for the verdict.

People can describe me as a generally happy person and very compassionate. Even though I’m shy, I tend to make friends with everyone and dislike very few people. I’m always there for anyone who needs me. I want everyone to be treated fairly and nothing makes me more upset than when someone is treated badly. I’m also a very busy kind of person, I always have to be doing something. If I pick up a task, I’m not liable to put it away until I’m done. I am ready to help someone whenever they need it. I occasionally have a bit of a temper and a sarcastic streak, but only when it’s deserved I think.

{{OoC: }}

I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀ sᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ sɪɴɢ
          Tᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Iғ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴏғ ᴀ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀɪʟ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I sᴇᴇ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Wʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ I'ʟʟ ᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ
          I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ

SherbertLemondrop

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:41 pm

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || unsorted || halfbood

Governess Heulwen had said something about there being a sorting process, and four houses. Mum had been placed in the yellow party at her school. The yellow house was called Hufflepuff here. Angier had read about the houses at Hogwarts, thought about them some more, and then come to the conclusion that he didn’t really care where he was placed, because just like there were interesting and intelligent people from every walk of life, there had to be interesting and intelligent people in every house. By that logic there were probably boring and stupid people in every house too. But Angie would just hang out with the interesting ones.

He was glancing around, waiting for the end of the alphabet. Then, across the Great Hall, one face came suddenly into sharp focus. She was talking to another student, and looked like she had just stepped from Heaven’s gate, Black hair flowing, gray eyes narrowed in mirth. She turned, and met--did she just meet his gaze?! All of the other thoughts in his head fluttered away, replaced only with a sudden curiosity and affection for this person he had never met before. So love at first sight is a real thing.

“Zheng, Angier.”

He nearly missed his own name being called for sorting, so starstruck at the girl who could only be a godsend, an actual angel. She seemed to glow with an unearthly aura--or maybe it was just a trick of the light--no definitely angelic radiance.

Luckily, Angie realized when the person closest to him--someone sitting at the table--nudged him. Oh yeah, the Sorting. Angier cleared his throat, then strode quickly forward to take his spot. The whole school might have been watching one of the final sortings--if not the lasy one, but Angier's eyes sought out the angel in the crowd again. She was real. Her robes had a tint of golden yellow—Hufflepuff! Whatever aspirations he had for his placement, only one thing mattered now: Please put me with the angel girl!

Personality

CASUAL Angier was raised in seemingly disparate contexts: the austere university, and the ruckus pub. But between both, Angier found that academics and drunks alike were all people with interesting insights of the world, and underneath the different aesthetics of circumstance, people were just people. Despite his parents’ pretensions, Angie has adopted (if unwittingly) a more laid-back attitude as the best way to ingratiate himself.

PEDANTIC Make no mistake, as intellectual as Angier is, he also loves the pomp of “being an intellectual”. He likes explanations for everything, and tries to appeal to reason when possible. He listens to professors and graduate students discuss theories all day, listens to people reminisce at the pub, and reads voraciously on top of that just to understand the stories better. He’s rather adaptable to new information and research and keen to learn anything he can get his hands on. But even in casual conversation Angie enjoys demonstrate his knowledge or ability at something: He’ll talk anyone to death over semantics and details, but if given an opportunity to show off, he will.

SENTIMENTAL Try as he might to pretend he’s perfectly logical, Angier has an obvious sentimental and curious streak that might be his actual strength. Curious about everything from personal experience quantum physics, Angie tends to personify and add a layer of attachment to everything he does and talks to his work as though it were another conscious agent. He keeps pictures from everywhere and journals almost obsessively, saving each one “just in case we forget”.

SELF- ASSURED Things have always come easy to Angier, from academics to athletics, from making friends to making music. He’s accustomed to just being better than his classmates, picking things up more quickly, and used to everything just...falling into place. Thus, he can be snooty, dismissive or even insensitive at times, even if he doesn’t actually think of himself as inherently better than others. He’s used to always surpassing expectations and doesn’t really worry about other people. His job is doing the best he can and that’s always been enough.

TALKATIVE Angier thinks out loud and can often be seen mumbling in quick short bursts to himself as he figures things out. He has enough self-control to shut up when being talked to and enjoys hearing new thoughts almost as much as he likes showing off his own, but otherwise thinks out loud, sharing his thinking process and excitement in little hyper bursts.

setting Giant Feast Room, 1 September 2054 || with First years
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing uniform
status It's an ANGEL

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Amazing grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see
⌬♩♯
"Amazing Grace". Cello cover by Yo-Yo Ma.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hogwarts First Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in Trainining

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

So far on her journey, everything had gone without a hitch. Maybe this wasn't her great adventure to achieve her Jedi path, she hadn't faced any obstacles yet. There had been no temptations, no fear. She was a little concerned over a talking hat that looked ancient, was it all wise? She thought about where she would thrive best at, Ravenclaw had smart people in it, but they were probably arrogant with their knowledge. Hufflepuff had kind ones in it, but they were probably overly emotional. Gryffindor had Brave ones in it, but they were reckless. Slytherin had those cunning, but was bound to be full of lies. Each house had pros and Cons, and Karah could see herself in any of them. When it came her turn she glared at the hat, it had called her Kathy Thomas, now she would have to correct everyone to call her Karah not Kathy.
"Failure is the greatest teacher hat, so I guess even if you fail at what house to put me in, I will still grow."

Kind Kathy is known to send smiles to everyone, and help when someone really needs help. She is especially kind to non-humans, being kind to butterflies, bumble bees, cats, etc.
Smart School was for learning, not for goofing off. She had a lot of book smarts, but not so much of street smarts or common sense, things that normal people found super easy to realize, she just didn’t get.
Unfriendly Humans were the worst, she would prefer if she would avoid them at all cost. Kathy didn’t go to school to socialize and be nice to people, she went to school to learn.
Average Kathy is nothing special, compared to others her age she’s rather boring. She wasn’t funny, she wasn’t pretty, she was just very average. She just accepted who she was.
Protective Kathy doesn’t want anyone to be hurt, she wants to defend those around her (even the stupid humans). It was her duty to protect the defenseless. If someone wanted to fight her...she would still protect them and let them get a weapon, she couldn’t fight a defenseless person either.
Self-Disciplined She was not arrogant, she was not overly confident, she was not stubborn. She was honest, honored those above her, and obeyed the rules. She stayed calm under pressure, she was careful to understand others, while maintaining no bias.

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Where & Who: With the First Years Sorting Feast
Thinking about: Hogwarts doesn't have any televisions, do they?
Description: 5 Feet tall, Black Eyes (or super dark brown), Red Hair (mostly) Dyed Purple
Wearing: Black Robes

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:22 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Jun was very pleased that he managed to convince his mum to buy a copy of Hogwarts: A History; it kept him busy the train ride to the school and saved him from conversation with the other students in his compartment. He would get to know them eventually, he told himself, he just wasn't ready to speak up with so many new people surrounding him. Better he stay in the background for now until he could gather his guts like his aunt always said.

He almost dropped dropped the book during the boat ride and almost wasted money but managed to save it from falling just in the nick of time. He couldn't say the same about his jaw though and nearly swallowed a fly or two on the way to the castle. It wasn't long before they were all waiting in line to be sorted. Jun kept shifting from foot to foot and standing on his tip toes to se through the chamber into the hall beyond. The book described the hall and more importantly, the feasts that were held there and Jun could hear his stomach grumbling at him for not packing enough snacks.

It was a long wait with his last name not being near the top, but eventually, it was his turn. He stepped through the door only to freeze at the sight of so many faces staring at him, pinning him in place like a butterfly on a frame. It took nudging from the student behind him to get him stumbling towards the stool and having the hat placed on his head.

The moment the huge hat covered his eyes and blocked the view of the hall, Jun's shoulders dropped and he let out a relieved sigh before turning his attention inwards. The hat was millennia old and it must've seen so much! Was Hogwarts that different at the beginning to now? What were the founders really like? Did it ever get boring only reading students minds once a year? It didn't seem fair to Jun and he'd be dying of boredom if he had to do that, but he wasn't a hat so he couldn't know.

TRAITS:
                                                  ↳ Curious:
                                                      There isn't a lot that Jun isn't curious about. He learned to not pester his mum and aunt about things rather quickly, but his friends and teachers aren't spared. He likes to know how and why things work and enjoys learning things, whether it's a topic he doesn't know about or gossip. He's too polite to be nosy, but he does like to be 'in the know'.

↳ Detail-Oriented:
                                                      Jun is very particular with details and is good at finding and working with loopholes. Growing up with his strict mum and aunt, there were lots of rules that Jun had to follow, some of which he didn't particularly like. But rather than breaking the rules, he's careful with what he does so he technically isn't and can't get into trouble. He is also particular with the details of things he does and unfortunately it means that sometimes he loses track of the bigger picture.

↳ Discreet:
                                                      Jun can be quite sneaky. He's had to go behind the back of his family often enough that he's gotten pretty good at it. It helps that he doesn't usually lie but rather talks around things and doesn't say the truth and it's worked for him so far.

↳ Optimistic:
                                                      Pessimism gets you nowhere, Jun finds.He's always the sort to look at a glass and say that it looks half-full instead of half-empty. He doesn't like to think of that happens when things go wrong and would much rather think and hope that it'll all be alright. He also rarely thinks of long term consequences beyond the short term rewards which helps.

↳ People-Pleaser:
                                                      Jun does not like to see people be upset, especially if it's his fault. he worries about being disliked so he tries to be helpful wherever he can, often to his own detriment. He can be rather naive and believes in the best of people so he's often susceptible to being taken advantage of and it's hard for him to see it.

↳ Shy:
                                                      Despite being rather extroverted, Jun can be quite shy. He enjoys spending time with friends and people he knows really well, but otherwise he'd much rather stay silent and listen rather than contribute to the conversation. Being the centre of attention petrifies him and he would much rather be with a smaller group of friends than a large group of strangers.

• WHEN Fall 2054 tab tab tab WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other students

OOC xxx

username

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 pm
The Sorting Hat

CatWaffle

When you've been fighting for it all your life
                                                      You've been struggling to make things right
                                                      That's how a superhero learns to fly

Torin enjoyed the train ride, especially the treat trolley! After Skyla bought the snacks for them they dug in. Cloth changes were always hard but these were made so he could wear the uniform robes without catching them on his wheels. Getting off the train was easy enough though he was still a tad nervous going downstairs.

He joined the other first years and followed them till they got to the lake. He doubted there was a hovercraft feature on the chair.  Luckily the adult in charge was able help get him in the wobbly boat and would make sure the chair made it across the lake too. The ride was beautiful and so was the castle at night! He would have to tell mom all about this!

After wheeling up some stairs he stopped with the group. There were some pretty tall doors. Entering he was in awe of all the cool magic in here! Floating candles and the worlds best skylight. Soon they stopped and names were called. Skyla went first and he watched her get sorted. Now it was his turn. He excused himself from the crowd and rolled on up. They scooted the stool back as he came up so it was clear he didnt have to actully be on the stool. Once the hat was on his head he waited to see where the hat wanted to put him. 'Hope Skyla's house is good for her. She worries far too much about me.' Torin thought wholly unaware the hat could hear it

POSITIVE Torin always looks at the bright side of things. Even when something bad happens he focuses most on how it can get better and looks for the silver lining in everything. As such he always seems happy. He's first to point out something good about something or someone even if its something he doesn't like

RESILIENT Torin is tough physically and mentally. He doesn't like things to keep him down and will tough things out to make sure they don't. He doesn't like to give up. He's a fighter

FRIENDLY Torin will happily greet friendly strangers and he treats everyone like a friend. He is not shy at all and loves conversations

EXCITABLE Torin gets excited about things pretty quickly and often. Even small little things that most might get an 'oh that's neat' will get him excited even if it's only for a moment. 

PETTY Torin hates being wronged or offended. He gets that accidents and normal misunderstandings happen. But when theres clear ill intent Torin doesn't forget and will usually be passive aggressive at best or deliberate revenge at worst

BRAVE Torin is rarely scared and the few times he was he was steadfast. Even with his health scare he kept a level head. He refuses to let bad things have a negative effect on him if he has anything to say about it.

When you've fighting for it all your life
                                                                You've been working every day and night
                                                                That's how a superhero learns to fly

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Well, you've certainly not had it easy
Compassion and optimism
But also an impressive strength of will
You'll do quite well in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:00 pm
The Sorting Hat

CatWaffle

Once I never could hope to win
                                          You starting down the road leaving me again
                                          The threats you made were meant to cut me down
                                          And if our love was just a circus
                                          You'd be a clown by now

Wally was excited he was finally here! He totally made Galen mention what to expect from sorting. While not as cool as fighting a dragon to prove you worth it sounded relatively painless. They chatted and shared comic books and debated comic theories. Normal brother stuff right? Once they arrived Wally was bummed that Galen had to split off. He joined the other first year when called on by a tough looking but probably nice adult. He made sure to keep up and spotted the boats Galen had mentioned. He wondered which one Galen had used? He picked a random one and watched one kid need a bit more help as he had a wheelchair. Hopefully that chair was magically tricked out for stairs. Galen mentioned having to use stairs a lot. Wally wished he had a camera as the castle at night was super cool! Once there Wally was pleased to see the kid had the stairs handled. He followed  the group into the castle. He could hear lots of people outside the door.

Entering he was amazed by the great hall. It was so much better in person! Wally waved to galen as he passed him, almost missing that the group stopped. He watched as the other kids got sorted. Mabye he would get the same house as Galen. Doubtful as they were pretty different. Soon it was his turn as he heard his name called. Wally sat on the stool and the hat was lowered on his head. 'Ok Mr Hat Galen said you can read my mind, good luck in here it's a ******** mess." Wally thought, awaiting the verdict.

NIHILISTIC Wally has a negative view of the world and assumes by default most don't care about him or his hardships unless they have something to gain. Everyone is just in it for themselves and will step on others if needed. He tends to assume people are going to be mean from the get go, even if he doesn't say it. Even though he wants to be proven wrong he doubts he is.

SKEPTICAL Wally rarely trusts anyone or anything till he can prove he is not going to get double crossed or find out the truth. He automatically assumes someone is either lying or sugar coating something when the truth is told. While skeptical He's not a total d**k he does appreciate it when someone wants to help him. He doesn't hate people, just the things they do. While hesitant to trust he does want to have people he can put trust in.

ASTUTE Wally is very perceptive of what's going on around him and notices and remembers details and conversations that he's had. He is pretty good at noticing when he is not being told everything or if someone is generally omitting information. He is good at recalling detailed memories of places he's been or things he's experienced. He has a good memory though there's plenty he would rather forget.

POSSESSIVE Wally was used to having very little as such he prefers not to share and is protective of what possessions he has. Who knows if the other person cares for the item as much as he does? He trusts very few with his stuff and doesn't care if he comes off as a jerk in order to protect his things. Even with people he trusts he is still uneasy letting them handle his stuff even when they've proven themselves trustworthy.

BRAVE Even if Wally is scared he will stand his ground. Weakness has never got him anywhere and sometimes in more danger than before. He would much rather fight for himself because he assumes no one else will. How can he expect others to try to protect him if he can't protect himself? He's also a potty mouth, he picked it up from how he was raised and doesn't care if people don't like it or punish him for it.

RESILIENT Wally has developed a thick skin over time. He is used to being insulted and told he's worthless and doesn't put much stock in what people say about him. He tends to blow off unconstructive criticism completely and even takes constructive criticism with a grain of salt. He sees himself as one of the few advocates for his wants and needs. He doesn't care if others dont like him. That is their problem not his.

Don't you know

I'm still standing better than I ever did
                                                                                  Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
                                                                                  And I'm still standing after all this time
                                                                                  Picking up the pieces of my life
                                                                                  Without you on my mind

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A mess, you say?
Well, that's understandable, at your age
Not to worry, we'll get you sorted out
And sorted!

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:02 pm
The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image
                                                If I die before I w a k e
                                                At least in h e a v e n I can skate

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                                ╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd followed the line of first years through the Great Hall, looking around as he tried to take it all in. It was big. He had never been in such a large room, but then again, he had never even stepped foot inside of a castle until tonight. He thought the train ride was rather mundane compared to the boat ride, but even that didn’t compare to see Hogwarts up close and being inside of it. The fact that he wouldn’t be sleeping in his own bed tonight, down the hall from his parents hadn’t quite hit him yet as he was engulfed in awe. He tried to spot his sister at the Gryffindor table, but quickly gave up as he and the other first years filled the area in front of the Sorting Hat. He hoped that he’d be placed in the same house. After all, both of his parents were Gryffindors during their time. In fact, that was how they’d met. The one Alexandria Quimby-Scott and Crash Barrett had fallen in love on the Quidditch pitch, or at least that was how his mother always told the story. Since they were both Keepers, they never played a game together.

Syd expected his name to be called rather quickly, so he wasn’t thrown off when his turn finally came. He walked up to the stool and sat, looking out at the crowd of unfamiliar faces. When the Sorting Hat was placed on his head, he finally felt a little nervous. Gryffindor, Gryffindor, Gryffindor, he repeated in his head like a chant. He was told that the Sorting Hat could read minds, so he figured letting the Hat know which house he wanted would be his best chance of being sorted there.

FOCUSED Syd tends to give all of his attention to one thing, whether it is something he is working on or listening to someone talk. Being focused on one thing at a time not only helps his productivity, but it allows him to think things through better. On the flip side, he does tend to obsess over his projects and cannot multi-task effectively.
                                                COMPASSIONATE Syd feels deeply for others when they are going through hardship. He tends to feel their pain and does his best to show that he cares about what they are going through.
                                                BRILLIANT Syd's mind travels at quick speeds and he has an insatiable curiosity about the world around him. His curiosity allows for him to think outside of the box to figure out creative solutions to problems. Although he is smart, he does need to apply himself in order to succeed, which is why he may also come off as ignorant or as if he doesn't care about things if he isn't putting his all into it.
                                                DREAMY Syd tends to live in his head, thinking or daydreaming. His brain never shuts off, but he may appear absent minded if he has something major or something that he is obsessing over on his mind. However, when he lives in the moment, he tends to talk to anyone and everyone and finds holding conversations pretty easy.
                                                NONCOMMITTAL Syd is not one that typically commits to plans as something else typically comes along before the date he made plans for that may capture his interest and attention, and he decides he'd rather pursue that instead. Some find this off-putting and disrespectful. On the other hand, Syd is very adventurous and enjoys making spontaneous plans on the spot. Syd is also noncommittal with people. He makes friends well, but he finds that he may be interested in a person one day, and more interested in someone else the next. However, if he is not busy, he'd enjoy hanging out with just about anyone that would ask him to.
                                                POMPOUS When Syd successfully accomplishes a project that he's proud of, does well in school, or even gets lucky and has something awesome happen in his life, he tends to brag and his arrogance shines through.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

'Cause right now on e a r t h I can't do jack
                                                Without the man up on my b a c k

My boy, there is more to life than you know
Certainly more than simply following your parents' paths
Better to forge a path of your own, wouldn't you say?
I think you'll find yours just fine in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:04 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts - Great Hall
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Torin, Sorting Hat
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope I stay with Torin...

Skyla was so excited. They'd ridden a super cool train, carefully moseyed to a creepy lake, ridden in a spooky wooden boat to the castle. The castle was SO cool. And she was pretty sure it was super duper haunted. And not even because they'd totally seen ghosts. There was no way there wasn't some sort of malevolent spirit floating around. Plus it was weirdly chilly. All they had to do now was wear a hat for a few minutes, then bam. They'd be all sorted. But what if she and Torin didn't get the same house? They'd always been together, and had always survived life by working together. What if they never saw each other any more? Her thoughts were shaken free when she heard her name called. Gently she gave her brother a fist bump, then walked up to face her destiny.

"Alright, I don't know how this whole magic sorting thing works... but please keep me with my brother. I've gotta protect him, just like always."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxPʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                First and foremost, Sky is extremely protective of her family and friends. From watching her brother get sick, to their lives get turned upside down, Sky has vowed to do everything in their power to keep those she loves safe and happy.... by any means available.

xxxxxOᴘᴛɪᴍɪsᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Despite life being a near-constant stream of hospitals, doctors, and tests, Skyla's always tried to remain optimistic. Her brother wasn't nearly as sick as he could be, her parents managed to keep their home afloat... and hey, she still had her family to count on. Luckily, despite the several bursts of bad luck, there always seemed to be a bubble of good.

xxxxxEɴᴇʀɢᴇᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Sky has always been an incredibly active child. From play fighting with Torin to her constant need to be in motion, Sky has usually found productive ways of getting her energy out. Unfortunately, it backfires any time she's got to stay cooped up and still.

xxxxxQᴜɪᴄᴋ-Tᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴇᴅ:
                                                                Skyla is well known to go from 0-100 really quickly. She typically flares her temper when her protectiveness is triggered, but she can also snap in other situations. Bullies beware.

xxxxxIɴᴏ̨ᴜɪsɪᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Sky has always been the type to ask "why". She loves to know how things work, and if someone tries presenting solid logic, she'll do her best to pick it apart in ways she can best get all the information. She also loves to be hands-on, and her curiosity leads to some interesting places.

xxxxxCᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛᴇᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Typically against Torin, Skyla is incredibly competitive. Before he was wheel-bound, the two would duke it out, play soccer, or do sprints. Afterward, they took to wheels, with her using skates, her skateboard, or even her bike. Luckily, her twin matched her competitive nature, so they both had fun. There may or may not have been sore losers from time to time, though.

You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust
          You hear my voice, you hear that sound, like thunder, gonna shake the ground
          You held me down, but I got up, get ready 'cause I've had enough
          I see it all, I see it now! I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
          Dancing through the fire 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
          Louder, louder than a lion 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

We'll get to your brother soon enough
This is about you, my dear girl
I admire your spirit and your passion
You're certainly destined for

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:07 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Hogwarts
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sorting Hat, bunches of students and staff
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting Sorted
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? They're gonna be so proud

Kai was very much nervous. Luckily he wasn't totally alone. He had Simon, who was watching from the table of yellow and black. Kai sent a nervous wave over toward his cousin, who's hair turned a bright tealish color, and who waved back. At least he had some family. It would be cool if Reggie was still here too, because Reggie gave the best hugs. Kai bit the inside of his lip, watching as people were called up one by one to be in the spotlight. He also looked over at the few people he'd been chatting with on the train, all of whom seemed more eager than him. Then again, he was worried about being teased relentlessly for being a twitchy weirdo. It'd just be one more school, but this one his parents couldn't come and save the day... and as much as he loved Simon, he'd never actually heard him talk before.

When his name got called, Kai swallowed back a ball of nerves. He carefully walked forward, trying to focus on his steps so he wouldn't have a freak out. Once at the front, he sat on the stool, gasping in soft surprise as the hat fell over his eyes. This was it. Time to face the future. Maybe he'd get Hufflepuff like Reggie and Simon? Or maybe he'd get Slytherin like mom and Uncle Kenny? Ravenclaw like Uncle Rhys, or Gryffindor like Uncle Gid. Any which way, he was sure his parents would be super proud of him, and that thought made him smile, even just a bit.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                                Kai has always had a creative way of thinking. Sometimes it manifests as coloring with whatever colors he wishes, sometimes it's doing math upside-down. His creative thinking sometimes lands him in trouble, but luckily it also works well for getting out of trouble too.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Kai loves asking questions and learning how things work. It allows him to learn at his own pace, picking up knowledge as he chooses. Sometimes he'll interrogate for hours, but he absolutely thrives on it.

xxxxxSɪʟʟʏ:
                                                                Whether it's a mid-day dance party or an bad jokes of his own invention, Kai has a knack for bringing a smile to everyone's faces. He can tell when people need cheering up and he usually knows just how to do it.

xxxxxLᴏᴠɪɴɢ:
                                                                When Kai finds someone to love, he loves deeply. He'd do anything at all for someone he loves, even if it's a self-sacrificial move. His love is innocent and pure, and usually manifests with little "gifts" Kai thinks the person might enjoy.

xxxxxCᴀᴜᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                                Thanks to his strict upbringing, Kai is incredibly careful about doing things. He often asks permission before touching things, especially when it's something he doesn't know much about. Sometimes his over abundance of caution causes him to delay in his critical thinking, since he's scared of getting in trouble for his choices.

xxxxxCʟɪɴɢʏ:
                                                                Kai was pretty dependent on others before the big accident, but now especially he's almost completely reliant upon them. No matter his emotions, he seeks out other people for help and affection, especially when he thinks something bad might be coming. Sometimes his clingy nature can be subdued with stuffed animals, but usually a big hug or a pat on the head will cheer him up.

Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ
          Wᴇ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ 1, 2, 3, I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          Aɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ 4, 3, 2 Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀʏ
          I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

A little nervous, are we?
Well, not to worry, we'll figure it out
A bit anxious, but creative and clever
I believe you'll do well in

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:09 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Cool Hat
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Sorting!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm so hungry

Sammie was super ready to be at the school. He'd run out of snacks on the train (and Lochi wouldn't buy him more????), and that meant a very long while with no treats. Luckily he'd found a few other kids his age, which made it a lot nicer of a ride. Once they'd arrived, Lochi straightened his robes, then sent him off with the other first years. Apparently the first years had to ride some rickety wooden boats. Hopefully they wouldn't have to row, because that lake looked awfully big. Luckily, magic proved ever awesome, and they made it safely across the water. Once there, they walked up to the giant castle. Most other kids looked super impressed, but all Sammie could think about was the sheer number of stairs the building contained. Luckily, stairs were avoided, and instead they went to a room with four huge tables full of color-coded kids, and one other big table with all the teachers and stuff. Cool!

After getting told about sorting, Sammie stood on his tiptoes, spotting his brother over at the blue table. Cool. Maybe he'd get to the blue table too! What were they called again? Something with a bird. When he heard his name, Sammie made his way to the front, plopping on the stool there. The cool pointy hat was placed on his head, and he felt a bubble of excitement. Where would he go? Would he join Lochi, or maybe one of his new pals? No matter what, he was sure he could make friends and enjoy all the foods the magical world had to offer.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxFʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ:
                                                  Sammie’s modus operandi when dealing with people-- be they customers or passerbys or family friends or the creepy teenagers that loiter in the alley behind the shop-- is to be friendly and helpful. He assumes the best of everyone and is always very welcoming, although not to the point of idiocy. Sammie has a keen sense of danger and his own limits as a kid, and always tries to get help.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                  Sammie is curious about everything that comes into his bubble of existence. Even if he knows something there’s no harm in knowing more!

xxxxxSɴᴀᴄᴋɪsʜ:
                                                  Sammie likes to snack and graze as he’s doing anything, his love language is food, and there is nothing that can’t be solved by sitting down to a fresh meal together. (He insists that if all the worlds’ leaders would just sit down and have some finger sandwiches and freshly squeezed lemonade, world peace could be established in an afternoon.)

xxxxxFᴏʀɢᴇᴛғᴜʟ:
                                                  While generally great at taking care of himself and others-- making food, doing housework, helping with the shop-- Sammie also gets really into whatever he’s doing and simply forgets. He sometimes needs reminders to get water or take things out of the dryer or such.

xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ:
                                                  Although sometimes a ditz when it comes to some everyday things, Sammie is a clever student of mineralogy and all kinds of learning. He often overthinks a simple solution in favor of a complicated one.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                  Sammie has a creative way of looking at problems. He also likes to use creative outlets, such as drawing and his attempts at pottery. (hint: they never go well) He's not a super logical thinker, but that's okay by him. Every problem has a solution, even if it's not the usual one.

Yᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇs, I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ 'ᴇᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
Wᴇ sᴛɪᴄᴋ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴍᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ғᴏʟᴋs ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ sᴍᴀʀᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ I ᴀᴍ
Bɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ
Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ I ᴅᴏ
Iᴛ's ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs ɢᴏ ʙʏ
Oᴜʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ! Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ

Quite agreeable, aren't you?
You know, one of the founders had a great love of food, too
You'll do her proud in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:19 pm
The Sorting Hat

SherbertLemondrop
User ImageUser Image

xx❋ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Great Hall
            xxx❋ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The whole school
            xxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting
            xxxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I didn't think I'd be so nervous

Nora was trying to keep herself from shaking as she entered the Great Hall. The journey to the castle had been great, but she had felt herself getting more and more nervous the closer they got to the castle. It was hard to believe this was actually happening. She had spent every summer since she was born hearing all about Hogwarts from Sam and now she was really here and moments away from being sorted.

Nora found herself rubbing her black tie thinking that soon she'd know what house she'd be representing for the next seven years. Her part-time family. She of course had an idea in her mind of what house she wanted, but she wasn't sure what the hat would think...and that caused her even more stress. She had never in her life been as anxious as she'd been almost all day. This was new to her and she didn't love it.

After what seemed like forever, though it really wasn't (her last name started with a D after all) she was called forward. Tentatively she stepped up, making very sure she didn't trip on her way up the few steps. She sat down on the small stool and waited. The hat was placed on her head and she scrunched her eyes closed waiting for the verdict.

People can describe me as a generally happy person and very compassionate. Even though I’m shy, I tend to make friends with everyone and dislike very few people. I’m always there for anyone who needs me. I want everyone to be treated fairly and nothing makes me more upset than when someone is treated badly. I’m also a very busy kind of person, I always have to be doing something. If I pick up a task, I’m not liable to put it away until I’m done. I am ready to help someone whenever they need it. I occasionally have a bit of a temper and a sarcastic streak, but only when it’s deserved I think.

{{OoC: }}

I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀ sᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ sɪɴɢ
          Tᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Iғ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴏғ ᴀ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀɪʟ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I sᴇᴇ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Wʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ I'ʟʟ ᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ
          I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ

Quite an agreeable child, aren't you?
No need to be nervous, my dear
They'll love you in

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:21 pm
addaellis

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || unsorted || halfbood

Governess Heulwen had said something about there being a sorting process, and four houses. Mum had been placed in the yellow party at her school. The yellow house was called Hufflepuff here. Angier had read about the houses at Hogwarts, thought about them some more, and then come to the conclusion that he didn’t really care where he was placed, because just like there were interesting and intelligent people from every walk of life, there had to be interesting and intelligent people in every house. By that logic there were probably boring and stupid people in every house too. But Angie would just hang out with the interesting ones.

He was glancing around, waiting for the end of the alphabet. Then, across the Great Hall, one face came suddenly into sharp focus. She was talking to another student, and looked like she had just stepped from Heaven’s gate, Black hair flowing, gray eyes narrowed in mirth. She turned, and met--did she just meet his gaze?! All of the other thoughts in his head fluttered away, replaced only with a sudden curiosity and affection for this person he had never met before. So love at first sight is a real thing.

“Zheng, Angier.”

He nearly missed his own name being called for sorting, so starstruck at the girl who could only be a godsend, an actual angel. She seemed to glow with an unearthly aura--or maybe it was just a trick of the light--no definitely angelic radiance.

Luckily, Angie realized when the person closest to him--someone sitting at the table--nudged him. Oh yeah, the Sorting. Angier cleared his throat, then strode quickly forward to take his spot. The whole school might have been watching one of the final sortings--if not the lasy one, but Angier's eyes sought out the angel in the crowd again. She was real. Her robes had a tint of golden yellow—Hufflepuff! Whatever aspirations he had for his placement, only one thing mattered now: Please put me with the angel girl!

Personality

CASUAL Angier was raised in seemingly disparate contexts: the austere university, and the ruckus pub. But between both, Angier found that academics and drunks alike were all people with interesting insights of the world, and underneath the different aesthetics of circumstance, people were just people. Despite his parents’ pretensions, Angie has adopted (if unwittingly) a more laid-back attitude as the best way to ingratiate himself.

PEDANTIC Make no mistake, as intellectual as Angier is, he also loves the pomp of “being an intellectual”. He likes explanations for everything, and tries to appeal to reason when possible. He listens to professors and graduate students discuss theories all day, listens to people reminisce at the pub, and reads voraciously on top of that just to understand the stories better. He’s rather adaptable to new information and research and keen to learn anything he can get his hands on. But even in casual conversation Angie enjoys demonstrate his knowledge or ability at something: He’ll talk anyone to death over semantics and details, but if given an opportunity to show off, he will.

SENTIMENTAL Try as he might to pretend he’s perfectly logical, Angier has an obvious sentimental and curious streak that might be his actual strength. Curious about everything from personal experience quantum physics, Angie tends to personify and add a layer of attachment to everything he does and talks to his work as though it were another conscious agent. He keeps pictures from everywhere and journals almost obsessively, saving each one “just in case we forget”.

SELF- ASSURED Things have always come easy to Angier, from academics to athletics, from making friends to making music. He’s accustomed to just being better than his classmates, picking things up more quickly, and used to everything just...falling into place. Thus, he can be snooty, dismissive or even insensitive at times, even if he doesn’t actually think of himself as inherently better than others. He’s used to always surpassing expectations and doesn’t really worry about other people. His job is doing the best he can and that’s always been enough.

TALKATIVE Angier thinks out loud and can often be seen mumbling in quick short bursts to himself as he figures things out. He has enough self-control to shut up when being talked to and enjoys hearing new thoughts almost as much as he likes showing off his own, but otherwise thinks out loud, sharing his thinking process and excitement in little hyper bursts.

setting Giant Feast Room, 1 September 2054 || with First years
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing uniform
status It's an ANGEL

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Amazing grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I am found,
Was blind, but now I see
⌬♩♯
"Amazing Grace". Cello cover by Yo-Yo Ma.

I admire your enthusiasm, my boy
But you're a bit young to be deciding your life on a girl
Particularly one you've not even spoken to
Besides, I've got a better place for you

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 pm
The Sorting Hat

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hogwarts First Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in Trainining

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

So far on her journey, everything had gone without a hitch. Maybe this wasn't her great adventure to achieve her Jedi path, she hadn't faced any obstacles yet. There had been no temptations, no fear. She was a little concerned over a talking hat that looked ancient, was it all wise? She thought about where she would thrive best at, Ravenclaw had smart people in it, but they were probably arrogant with their knowledge. Hufflepuff had kind ones in it, but they were probably overly emotional. Gryffindor had Brave ones in it, but they were reckless. Slytherin had those cunning, but was bound to be full of lies. Each house had pros and Cons, and Karah could see herself in any of them. When it came her turn she glared at the hat, it had called her Kathy Thomas, now she would have to correct everyone to call her Karah not Kathy.
"Failure is the greatest teacher hat, so I guess even if you fail at what house to put me in, I will still grow."

Kind Kathy is known to send smiles to everyone, and help when someone really needs help. She is especially kind to non-humans, being kind to butterflies, bumble bees, cats, etc.
Smart School was for learning, not for goofing off. She had a lot of book smarts, but not so much of street smarts or common sense, things that normal people found super easy to realize, she just didn’t get.
Unfriendly Humans were the worst, she would prefer if she would avoid them at all cost. Kathy didn’t go to school to socialize and be nice to people, she went to school to learn.
Average Kathy is nothing special, compared to others her age she’s rather boring. She wasn’t funny, she wasn’t pretty, she was just very average. She just accepted who she was.
Protective Kathy doesn’t want anyone to be hurt, she wants to defend those around her (even the stupid humans). It was her duty to protect the defenseless. If someone wanted to fight her...she would still protect them and let them get a weapon, she couldn’t fight a defenseless person either.
Self-Disciplined She was not arrogant, she was not overly confident, she was not stubborn. She was honest, honored those above her, and obeyed the rules. She stayed calm under pressure, she was careful to understand others, while maintaining no bias.

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Where & Who: With the First Years Sorting Feast
Thinking about: Hogwarts doesn't have any televisions, do they?
Description: 5 Feet tall, Black Eyes (or super dark brown), Red Hair (mostly) Dyed Purple
Wearing: Black Robes

Quote:

Quote:

My, you're an interesting one
I assure you, my dear, I don't fail
But you're correct about one thing, you'll certainly grow
And you'll be doing your growing in

Slytherin!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:37 pm
The Sorting Hat

oyehh

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Jun was very pleased that he managed to convince his mum to buy a copy of Hogwarts: A History; it kept him busy the train ride to the school and saved him from conversation with the other students in his compartment. He would get to know them eventually, he told himself, he just wasn't ready to speak up with so many new people surrounding him. Better he stay in the background for now until he could gather his guts like his aunt always said.

He almost dropped dropped the book during the boat ride and almost wasted money but managed to save it from falling just in the nick of time. He couldn't say the same about his jaw though and nearly swallowed a fly or two on the way to the castle. It wasn't long before they were all waiting in line to be sorted. Jun kept shifting from foot to foot and standing on his tip toes to se through the chamber into the hall beyond. The book described the hall and more importantly, the feasts that were held there and Jun could hear his stomach grumbling at him for not packing enough snacks.

It was a long wait with his last name not being near the top, but eventually, it was his turn. He stepped through the door only to freeze at the sight of so many faces staring at him, pinning him in place like a butterfly on a frame. It took nudging from the student behind him to get him stumbling towards the stool and having the hat placed on his head.

The moment the huge hat covered his eyes and blocked the view of the hall, Jun's shoulders dropped and he let out a relieved sigh before turning his attention inwards. The hat was millennia old and it must've seen so much! Was Hogwarts that different at the beginning to now? What were the founders really like? Did it ever get boring only reading students minds once a year? It didn't seem fair to Jun and he'd be dying of boredom if he had to do that, but he wasn't a hat so he couldn't know.

TRAITS:
                                                  ↳ Curious:
                                                      There isn't a lot that Jun isn't curious about. He learned to not pester his mum and aunt about things rather quickly, but his friends and teachers aren't spared. He likes to know how and why things work and enjoys learning things, whether it's a topic he doesn't know about or gossip. He's too polite to be nosy, but he does like to be 'in the know'.

↳ Detail-Oriented:
                                                      Jun is very particular with details and is good at finding and working with loopholes. Growing up with his strict mum and aunt, there were lots of rules that Jun had to follow, some of which he didn't particularly like. But rather than breaking the rules, he's careful with what he does so he technically isn't and can't get into trouble. He is also particular with the details of things he does and unfortunately it means that sometimes he loses track of the bigger picture.

↳ Discreet:
                                                      Jun can be quite sneaky. He's had to go behind the back of his family often enough that he's gotten pretty good at it. It helps that he doesn't usually lie but rather talks around things and doesn't say the truth and it's worked for him so far.

↳ Optimistic:
                                                      Pessimism gets you nowhere, Jun finds.He's always the sort to look at a glass and say that it looks half-full instead of half-empty. He doesn't like to think of that happens when things go wrong and would much rather think and hope that it'll all be alright. He also rarely thinks of long term consequences beyond the short term rewards which helps.

↳ People-Pleaser:
                                                      Jun does not like to see people be upset, especially if it's his fault. he worries about being disliked so he tries to be helpful wherever he can, often to his own detriment. He can be rather naive and believes in the best of people so he's often susceptible to being taken advantage of and it's hard for him to see it.

↳ Shy:
                                                      Despite being rather extroverted, Jun can be quite shy. He enjoys spending time with friends and people he knows really well, but otherwise he'd much rather stay silent and listen rather than contribute to the conversation. Being the centre of attention petrifies him and he would much rather be with a smaller group of friends than a large group of strangers.

• WHEN Fall 2054 tab tab tab WHERE Great Hall tab tab tab WITH other students

OOC xxx

username

It does get quite boring, if you must know
That's why I sing a different song every year
I write it to pass the time
So kind of you to wonder, I think you'll do well in

Hufflepuff!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 179 180 181 182 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games